/shmupg/ - Shoot 'em Up General

Stop Exploding You Cowards! Edition

Previous Thread: →

This general is for discussing all shmups/STG (shoot 'em ups/shooting games/shooting type games).
Need something to play? Check this shit out: mega.nz/#!mlwG3ZCJ!NMdWxNY4pjqc1vFGwzyPIbtGor0GHObcfENNMgOQW1s
Join us on Steam! steamcommunity.com/groups/shmupg

RECENT RELEASES:
>Bullet Soul Infinite Burst
store.steampowered.com/app/545060/BULLET_SOUL_INFINITE_BURST/
>Graze Counter
store.steampowered.com/app/629440/Graze_Counter/
>Sonic Wings 2/Aero Fighters 2
PS4, Xbox One, and Switch
>Castle of Shikigami (Steam)
store.steampowered.com/app/582980/Castle_of_Shikigami/
>Dangun Feveron M2 port (PS4)
Somewhere on PSN
>Bullet Soul
store.steampowered.com/app/544580/
>Ghost Blade HD
store.steampowered.com/app/577910/
>Zangeki Warp
store.steampowered.com/app/564040/
>Touhou 16 ~ Hidden Star in Four Seasons
kourindou.exblog.jp/25711799/

UPCOMING RELEASES:
>Raiden V (PS4 and Steam)
[YouTube] Raiden V: Director's Cut Trailer (embed)
>Pawarumi
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=812914421
>Ketsui M2 port (PS4)
gematsu.com/2017/04/m2-announces-ketsui-m2-shottriggers-release-feveron-school
>Xydonia
indiedb.com/games/xydonia
>iMalice
amamoriya.gozaru.jp/imalice/
>Go Go Burunyanman Ecstasy!!! Steam-Edition
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=660224194
>Sorcer Striker/Mahou Daisakusen (PS4)
gematsu.com/2017/08/sorcer-striker-m2-shottriggers-release-announced-ps4

OTHER LINKS:
/shmupg/ community YT channel:
youtube.com/channel/UCp2e9X5tR9BLdSlIGjzftDA

STG stream aggregator: stgrillz.appspot.com/

/shmupg/ high-score list:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1K0DesawgMQiFNMv2MZxxwdjzBudCIMMb3BkjQJaHjxI/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=85t3aLQzTsI
store.steampowered.com/app/642600/Burst_Fighter/
store.steampowered.com/app/642600/Burst_Fighter
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

First for thread theme

youtube.com/watch?v=85t3aLQzTsI

oh my we did it again

lol losers with a dead general

10 minutes to page 10. Veeky Forums's moving fast this afternoon.

>Senko no Ronde 2 旋光の輪舞2
>Release Date: 6 Sep, 2017

It's coming to Steam tomorrow? I've heard literally nothing about this. And I have no money.

Then you probably missed the preview livestreams earlier this weekend. Although, the release date itself has been known for quite some time now.

it won't have more than 10 concurrent players worldwide after a couple weeks
if you got $40 to flush go on and buy it

>it's going to be $40
Are you serious, user? That's a bit steep if it is.

raiden 5 is 40 dollarydoos too

Not like this

Bahmpu~

Because it was funny.

Bump.

Is it even humanly possible to beat Inbachi without a stupid ridiculous amount of luck? or cheating...

cave said it would take five years, so clearly it will be happening any day now

I thought someone did beat Inbachi, and in an arcade no less.

I wonder if CAVE had a test state set up with at the start of the Inbachi battle with full ship stock and bombs, had somebody try it about a hundred times before beating it once by luck, then said "well, looks like it's possible, let's ignore the fact that each attempt requires the player to play through the entire game beforehand and put it in!"

>Each time a game is cleared, Cave thinks to themselves “how can we make the next game unclearable?” and sets to building new walls and challenges for players. That’s how Death Label was. To be honest, with Death Label, it was sort of like… if someone can clear this, great, and if no one can, ok.

>you will never be as well versed in shmup lore as xxx1993

Has a shmup ever made you cry?

I cried a little when I got my first 1cc.

How do you goons feel about blue revolver? Do you like the waifus?

Not really. I don't find the stories particularly engaging enough to warrant that kind of reaction and if one's frustrated me it's never been to the point of tears before I quit.

I feel nothing for waifus.

It's not bad, I love the music and like the art style. Bosses are cool too but there's too much micro dodging

it not worth ten bucks

I love the gameplay, how it doesn't make you hoard resources, and the music is good. Not a huge fan of the artstyle of anything but the waifus.

Tiny Reco!

cant wait for Cuphead 2bh

he's an annoying faggot,i'm pretty sure he spams the facebook group with shit to.

good game with some flaws, a black label could potentially be amazing.

>cant wait for Cuphead 2bh
ye hope it plays aswell as it looks.

It's a good sign that all the game journos are saying "wahhh its to hard!", given todays baby tier standard i'd say that means we may get a semi challenging decent game. I predict it will be somewhere between metal slug 1 and 2 difficulty wise although anything north of fucking mario bros 3 will be enough to trigger the modern useless fuck "gamer".

Kinda turned off by just how much buzz it has and fear it will turn into another Undertale or Portal.

I think its just getting shitposted on /v/ alot because of that one "journalist" on the tutorial level.Embrace the buzz,its just nice seeing these types of games get a decent amount of buzz

i play realistic tight execution based raiden dx whilst you faggots dance around gay flower kaleidoscopes with your loli microdot.

Yeah man, keep using that inflatable wacky waving tube man laser of yours. Real expert stuff.

looks like amateur mobile shit

Add banana to the autism list.

>play one of the most popular stgs of all time
>be one of the very few streamers who streams it
>be actually good and on the verge of a prom+ run
>almost every run is 2-all ball park
>why does everybody want to watch me!!

Gee i wonder banana you fucking plum.

>Add banana to the autism list.
I did that years ago

Afternoon mrs matic.

Its not structured like an arcade game, though. I doubt its any harder than Megaman and itll probably be too fucking long if you play it in one go, otherwise the casuals will complain about no content.

what game?

dodonpachi

what is autism list

the list of autists

Bahmpu~

bump for poojins

Bahmpu~

Bahmpu again~

Woof woof

Anyone else got a bead on this?

store.steampowered.com/app/642600/Burst_Fighter/

first ive heard of it

A what? Game looks boring. Casual shit for nonplayers

>Casual shit for nonplayers
agreed, should be right up krauts street.

>muh hardcore gaming

>store.steampowered.com/app/642600/Burst_Fighter
Looks like slow, clunky, lifeless garbage.
Have people who make games like this ever played a shmup in their life? Even Touhou has more going on than this, and that's saying something.

It's not even the difficulty, rather the lack of energy going on.

One more for the dumpster fire.

just take a look at the comments
>good game but damm even easy mode i didt getfar way to many bullets to dodge
this is the kind of person this is being made for

STFU Strikers 99 is a pain

Weren't we all that shit at some point?

Why does /pg/ need 5 threads up at the same time to contain their waifufaggotry? Makes you lot look halfway sane.

>halfway
Progress!

which bit? first loops piss and you get so many bombs you can happily route a couple in.

First loop is not easy at all. I'm also playing with F-117 Stealth though, which a fair bit harder than the secret ship which everyone seems to use.

it is if you use secret ship, all the ships are wank desu, don't think ive ever even seen a clear with any of them.

>it is if you use secret ship
Not really. I'm not saying the first loop is hard, but it can be pretty annoying. It's not like in 45 which you can clear in 10 hours. You actually have to practice a lot of patterns.

>all the ships are wank desu
No, the ships are great. The secret ship is just OP.

thats funny because i did clear strikers 99 in around 10 hrs, honestly when it clicks its really easy especially if you rout a couple bombs.

May be that you can 1cc it in 10 hours, but I never played the game for a quick kuso clear.
I actually play a bit with score in mind and try to save bombs.

>tfw aquas was shit talking Veeky Forums on strim

Could he be dare i say it, our snowflake?

you dont need to though thats the point, you get loads and bombs only add to score if you 2all by which time you can get up to full stock again easily. coins and tech bonus are all that matters for a long time.

btw creams streaming strikers 45 if you want a laugh.

May be, but like I said, with F-117 it's a bit more tricky. Is bomb barely does any damage, and you always have to point-blank, which means you actually have to know what you are doing more or less.

yeah i dont know that ship at all but in case you don't know but probs do you can bomb and tech bonus to avoid some tricky setups, not ideal but an option for risk free scoring on some of the hard bonuses.

Yea, I know this already. So far I only try to techs in the first 4 stages. The last boss (in the default stage order) can be a bit annoying, sometimes.
It's also hard with the ship, because you always have to know when to shoot. You can't just shoot all the time, because of the “dan kire” for the mines.

>The last boss (in the default stage order) can be a bit annoying, sometimes.
the one from the trains? you just go straight up the middle. Isn't that ship kind of slow?

The ship isn't the fastest but not nearly as slow the the Harrier. It has a good speed imo.
The annoying thing on the train stage boss is when Zakos appear at the wrong moment, but I'm probably just doing something wrong there.

can't recall desu but the lead up is a shitter, the actual tech bonus is easy enough.

wot he say

The lead up is actually easy with F-117, because its mines are very good against such ground targets. You can just point-blank your way through there and wreck everything seconds.
However, the zako at the boss sometimes comes in the exact wrong moment to me, and the I fly right into its shot when I try to go for the tech.
I probably just always have to switch sites before I go for the tech.

some sweeping "fuck Veeky Forums and those guys" sorta thing that sounded like "i went there and got butthurt by meanie words".

Sounds like you went to his stream and got butthurt by meanie words.

they probs have the same timer as 45 which if i recall is every 7 seconds, knowing that makes it easier to get right.

t. Aquas

btfo

>tfw easy aquas b8 success

Guess I should uncuck myself and unsubscribe then.

>paying someone to play video games at home
>ever

Your money your choice mate.

>subbing to twitch memers
you'll always be a cuck

subbing memerunners is like subbing George soros

My fav example is furiouspaul the castlevania runner, he made over 2 million dollars on his WoW guide book yet is on twitch encouraging subs to his channel lmao. Seriously if you make 2 million and aren't a retard with money you should never need to ask for any ever again. I think it's showing a really ugly side of humanity desu and how bad things are getting when you have all these streamers keeping sub counts and income etc quiet so they can convince more to sub for whatever reason.

well, i can't judge someone for making money with streaming
if ppl are dumb enough to pay for this it's their own fault
i just find the whole speedrun community degenerate as fuck

>i just find the whole speedrun community degenerate as fuck
i think whole is a bit much but yeah it's a magnet for mentally defunct broken shit infantile people. I don't think i could last 5 mins at agdq without going on a degenerate smashing rampage.

*gigglesnort*

>feels like a cream post,

Try again. Didn't you know that Cream is just a fairy tale told to anger tryhards and get them to finish their 2-alls?

Veeky Forums sucks, Cream. Move on. Noone cares.
This place sucks. It's cesspool of disingenuous people.

Bump~