mvplugins.com/
yanfly.moe/
>[VX/Ace] Master Script List
rmvxace.wikia.com/wiki/RPG_Maker_VX_Ace_Master_Script_List

>RPG Maker MV 1.4 Repack
mega.nz/#!CgESnSzb!ZBeyWAWbLE5qQOsKAe3Y5WU5BFC0BQXtfBJOoiWiWsg
>RPG Maker MV Season 4 Pass
www21.zippyshare.com/v/Bdru8nJg/file.html

>The /rpgmg/ podcast (hiatus until October)
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLyrIVUR5VXKC9XxmtqJh0u0Wcdvu8VQ6A

>Useful Art Tutorials & Guides
youtube.com/user/Shineyoctopus/videos
finalbossblues.com/pixel-tutorials/

>Recent thread projects
Stargem Castle: mediafire.com/file/n32ssapqaa5jr95/Stargem Castle.7z
Tempus Ex Machina Demo: mediafire.com/folder/z69y7undwpp9s/Tempus Ex Machina
/rpgmg/ Collab Project | Ch5 in progress: mediafire.com/file/ckfve2l1n6skby6/CollabProj-4.zip

Other urls found in this thread:

a.pomf.space/jnmejslvrdrn.7z
a.pomf.space/bowkgurjmpah.7z
youtu.be/So68NeOAVOg
strawpoll.me/13871624
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I look away for two seconds and the thread dies? Jesus. Also you forgot to add this to the OP:

>RPG Maker MV 1.5.0 Crack by Anonymous
a.pomf.space/jnmejslvrdrn.7z (Win10) PW: 184902742
a.pomf.space/bowkgurjmpah.7z (Win7) PW: 186045660
Acquire the installer from official RPGM forums.

Already? Bump!

That was fast.

back from the dead

Oh my bad. I just didn't want to have another full day with the thread dead. Never made a thread for this before.

Everyone's gotta have a first time.

Bumping with brainstorming help.
I have a small split in the story which leads you to two different but similar dungeons. One's a temperate forest and the other is a tropical rainforest.

I'm trying to come up with gimmicks to separate them. I'm thinking of giant mushrooms you bounce on to reach different areas in the temperate forest.
And maybe climbing vines and tree tops in the rainforest?

I would add flooding areas with aquatic monsters in the rainforest.

A rainforest is like a humid swamp hell area but with slightly less water. Sometimes.

Rainforest could have intermittent heavy rains that force you to seek shelter or to hide under let's say piles of rocks to avoid thunders hitting you at random times
Or huge trees you climb to cross a flooding river, finding platforms that connect many trees, built by an unknown civilization that might still be there

I think both environments could be used for stealth minigames, the jungle ones being more based on avoiding being seen and the forest ones based on avoiding being heard, since there's more visual stimuli in a jungle and forests are quietter.
Also in battles I'd go for stronger, ATK based enemies in the jungle and faster, SPD based ones for the forest

The forest could have a cave based labyrinth, where everytime you enter and leave one you're at a different location. It doesn't have to be with caves but I'm talking about this forest I don't remember if it's Pokemon XY or SM (I think it's XY) where you have to do a specific combination of movements or you end up returning to the same 2-3 areas.
Like minish cap's forest before you get to the cemetery.

Forest tend to have a lot more of magicky folklore so play with parallel dimensions, for example?
Like, there's a fairy-ish realm you can enter through ponds or holes in the trees, and it looks exactly the same but gayer (or creepier if you want to go stranger things) or mirrored, but some things change, like "this tree didn't fall so it doesn't block the way" or "this other tree fell so it creates a bridge", and what happens in one realm may or may not affect the other. Monsters would also be very different of course
And speaking of minish cap, shrinking is a cool cute trope too

Maybe a rafting screen for the jungle
Or the classic jumping-on-floating-logs-to-cross-the-river trying not to jump on a crocodile

I don't understand why Wadanohara is really popular. I played it myself and I was bored to hell. Can anyone explain this to me?

It's a VGPerson translated Japanese RPGMaker game with cute arts and surprise spook. Personally I prefer Miwashiba's games over Deep-Sea Prisoner's.

Protagonist is a cute girl.
Deals with omgsomatureanddeep themes.
Author has expressly forbidden LPs and streams (lmao) so people have to play it to see what it's about.
There's vaguely somewhat kind of creepy moments which means TVTropes shit its pants and promptly filled a Nightmare Fuel section with it.

What underused settings would you like to see in a rpg maker game?

bump

Remember not to die while I am away again.

Shit, dude these are pretty neat ideas.

Modern/Urban Fantasy. WW2 Era Fantasy. Lovecraft Mythos as an RPG instead of horror like we usually see.

Dying is V E R B O T E N

Anyone got a good targeting script that lets you target one or all enemies + allies? With target all dealing less?

How do you make an attack target an enemy but apply a status effect to the user in VXA?

What's the best Custom Stats plugin? I want to add new stats for Attack Power and Defense. It seems like the Bobstah has a few bugs and might have been abandoned? Surprised Yanfly doesn't have something for this

Good night bump. Don't die alright?

alright

Made some progress

youtu.be/So68NeOAVOg

bump

Hips Robot game's lookin good as always.

I wanna hold her hand

Is 2K3 the only maker in which combat isn't in first person? I haven't touched a maker in years, and liked 2K3 but it is outdated by now, I would like to resume my work, but I don't wanna use DQ combat perspective.

Scripts, baby.
There's like a billion side view scripts.

That was my issue with VX. It had a script for external view, but let me tell you why I want it to be part of the game without scripts.

In 2k3, you can have a character be the usual sprite, or you can set the sprite to be one of the battle animations, like fireballs and what have you.
In 2k3, I did a custom sprite that was super animated, and made it a battle animation sequence. This allowed me to recreate the old Phantasy Star 2 perspective without much issue. This also mean I can make their attacks animation sequences too, and looked pretty rad, even if it was tedious work.

I looked up for scripts that would let me do that in VX to no avail, but like I said, 2k3 is super outdated, and I would like to do the same in a decent resolution now.

MV has a SV battle option.

bamop

Recommend me a good rpg.
male MC, bit of romance / harem no hentai, demon lord and shit, actual difficult

>good rpgmaker rpg
>romance/harem
>demon lord
kek
You'll just zero /good/ RPGMaker RPGs with that description. Only good and complete dating male MC I can think of off the top of my head is "Romancing Walker" and it was made in 2001. Everything else I can think of is a female MC with male routes or straight up a yuri fantasy knight in the case of one title.

okay okay, remove demon lord, what now user?

user, the problem is finding good rpgmaker rpgs with romance/harem. From what I've seen over the years anything that's harem is shitty and either some guy's first (poorly planned and poorly made) RPG or it is trollbait made to mock someone else's game.

It's pretty easy, all you have to do is google.

Brave Soul.

You can do it in the damage formula.

Hey /rpgmg/ ,I'm dicking around with a project on MV and I'm having some trouble with weather effects.

On one map, I have it raining, but when I transition into another zone, even after turning the weather effect off, it still continues raining for a few seconds before fully turning off. Is there any way to expedite this process?

manually fade out the screen, instantly stop the weather, and then perform the screen transition.

I was originally using tint screen to fade out, but even when I use the fade in fate out, the weather effects are still going for a few moments on the next map.

Just put in like a 2/10 second wait, or however long it needs to go away entirely.

Flintstones / Cavemen
Greco-Roman
Atlantis / Underwater City

bump

LIVE

I'd love to romance a demon overlady.

As long as she falls in love with you after you capture her and take her to prison, and is not some shitty moeblob with the "tragic destiny of becoming the overlady one day".

I prefer more mature, seductive ladies myself, rather than moeblobs.

found a bug in the first iterion of "1-more" system and finally fixed it, everything is working as intented until i run into another bug!
I could also add a "persona" system that works off states too but thats not what i enjoy most about persona, its really just getting more and more turns thats why i wanted this to work.

Tiny Bump

Medium Bump

Do you have art of your protagonist? What does he/she look like?

Gotta make a large image like this for the female MC.

these are the initial designs of the main characters

Some small artwork of both

bum

Trying to design a scraggly young kid for a horror-puzzle project. For some reason, I really want the design to have a rain hat and dead fish eyes. Wanted to give him a very tired, despondent appearance.
I'm not a good artist, though, so this ended up making him look more like a pissed off safari kid.
Back to the drawing board, I guess.

stop dying so fast

girly robot

I want to fug all the robutts.

Need to fix a few tiling errors here. But more importantly, I have name this dungeon "Dark Forest", which is generic as hell and actually doesn't fit it at all right now.

It's a longer location with varied, within reason, encounters with a mystic-like bent.

Looks nice, but the characters don't stand much from the background. I'd suggest dropping the saturation in the tilesets a little bit to make the characters pop.

What fetishes would you like to see sneaked in a game?

Did you make those tiles? They're real nice although I don't really understand the river. The rocks all seem to be all at the same elevation but water only sticks to the middle somehow?

Mindbreak

It might just be the river or the trees that are too vibrant.

Yes. don't like parralax mapping much and wanted to simluate water flowing over rocks and have a rocky riverside. I guess I went a bit far. Should be easy enough to change it to something flatter without having to redo too much.

Handholding

genderbending

Here he is

Same user as this post

I wanted to make my RPG kind of open world so to speak, but still with a linear plot and story progression. Is there a way to do this? The way I see it I have thought of two options:

1 - Use switches to make plot device events disappear/change when the world is already gone through
2 - Remake every map to adjust for when the player has already gone through it

Which is easier? Or is there a better solution? Thanks in advance, have more artwork of my characters :)

Lilcoln Loud the swordsman

The podcast covered Ib last year for Halloween. Should we go for one of the other 'Holy Trinity' games of RPGM horror this year, or something else?

strawpoll.me/13871624

Is there an existing plugin that does something similar to Fire Emblem's critical hit portraits / quotes?

I am voting Yume Nikki, but would like to see Witch's House or Ao Oni being covered too.

Neked Regeneration Chambers.

B U M P

Thank you. It explains some of my suspicions.

Sacred Earth: Promise does it for special attacks, so I assume it can done in other ways, too

If you haven't played Yume Nikki, you probably should

Good Night Bump

I love these entirely too much.

Goin' to sleep now, don't die overnight k?

+Immortal

Nice job!

niggers

Finally did his face

Nice!

I read some interesting stuff on Myers-Briggs personality types. Pretty much explains why I can't get anything done.

I need to internalize everything and make it personal. I base decisions on experience, and reaching decisions without experience is my stress mode where I nit pick and have to weigh everything to decide what "feels" right.
The easy way out is to say "I don't care"; which works for dinner plans but not bigger commitments.

So when it comes to story writing, I'm either throwing darts at a wall or going through all the possible permutations and exploring all the ins and outs of the metaphorical coastlines to infinity and beyond - and I'll burn out or be forced to quit before I get there.

The trick might be to start in the middle. Get my theme or message down first. From that vantage point it's easier to "fill" or "feel" out everything leading away and up to that point.

I haven't tried it yet.

bump

I once got the opposite advice
If you manage to make an awesome beginning for your story and an awesome ending, all you need to do is start building from both sides to the center so they meet in a great middle as well

>I'm either throwing darts at a wall or going through all the possible permutations and exploring all the ins and outs of the metaphorical coastlines to infinity and beyond - and I'll burn out or be forced to quit before I get there.
There are no infinite permutations. Especially good permutations.

Realistically, you can only have so many possible characters that can effectively play off each other, and unless you have 5+ parties involved in a conflict, there won't be more than 10 ways to solve it.