What was the worst thing in history and why was it the Black Death?

>Kills 20-65% of any group exposed
>Horrible way to die
Thanks Ghengis

Other urls found in this thread:

wwwnc.cdc.gov/eid/article/8/9/01-0536_article
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>Thanks Ghengis

care to explain, new to this

I think its speculated that the diseases spread with merchants from the mongol empire.

Black Death was pretty bad. But as far as historical plagues that absolutely fucked shit up I'd probably have to say smallpox and the various other diseases that decimated the American Indians.

We still have a lot of Europe's history despite the black death. Whereas we're missing a lot of American Indian stuff.

Nothing of value was lost in the Middle Ages.
It is arguable that the Antonine plague was the shove that started the Roman Empire on its decline.

>Nothing of value was lost in the Middle Ages.

depends on where you are from

>we will never know just how many times this tribe killed some of that other tribe
Truly a loss to humanity

Black live don't matter

The Black Death was amazing because the lower population gave more rights to lower classes due to the vastly increased value of labour. This helped create the Europe that was to follow in the years to come.

>1883601
The Golden Horde assieged Caffa, a Geneose city in Crimea, and throwed decomposed corpses in the city
which would have spread the Black Death.

wwwnc.cdc.gov/eid/article/8/9/01-0536_article

>implying that's not the history of Europe...

Except we tended to invent stuff along the way

>muh inventions
life isn't all about wallace and gromit

You're actually dismissing science, mathematics, engineering, philosophy and ideology as "muh silly machines"

You're certainly convincing me to take you seriously, well done

>You're actually dismissing science, mathematics, engineering, philosophy and ideology as "muh silly machines"
I didn't do that. I was dismissing your attitude that inventions make one history more worthwhile than another, and you claiming credit for them ('we')

>inventions make one history more worthwhile than another
They literally do

Do you think the modern civilised man is happier than his equivalent living within the Pax Romana?

That's a completely different question

YES!

Fucking Hell user - you wud haaaaaate it.

That depends, If the modern man has for himself a purpose in life by which he lives, he will be happier than the Roman. Happiness in life is not about what one has, but how one lives, or, more specifically, that for which one lives.

The High Middle Ages were lit. Northern Europe drastically increased agricultural production with the horse drawn plough. Knights and mercenaries were the primary fighters in war until the 100 years' war. They were poor as shit but they were well fed and safe.

The death of Charles the Bold.