Why are American cars so unappreciated outside the states?

Why are American cars so unappreciated outside the states?

Attached: american_cars.png (825x283, 111K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=E0VYCI24ezY
youtube.com/watch?v=7PEXlveDqUM
youtube.com/watch?v=CcHNoMejt2k
topgear.com/car-news/opinion/opinion-heres-real-us-europe-car-trade-barrier
nzta.govt.nz/assets/resources/factsheets/12/docs/lhdvo-list.pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

It takes number one to know number one

What is there to appreciate, exactly?

they cuck them into sub-1L garbage, so what's the point

Too large, inefficient, and poor build quality. The only reason to buy one above the competition is price, and they're not even that cheap once they get off the boat.

Because Britain really doesn't want to admit how bad they were.

I think a good portion is due to the fact that you don't NEED a car to get around in Europe like you do in America.
Public transportation sucks major balls in the states, so everyone is forced to drive everywhere.
Overseas though, It's an option. An expensive option due to taxes on larger displacement engines and CO2 emissions.

It's not that American cars are unloved overseas, but more that American cars can't meet their needs while being affordable

Because they're trash, wake up you inbreds

>mfw AMC-less timeline

Attached: LkARIDr_d.jpg (526x436, 22K)

Because the suck. Especially Ford and Chrysler

Because they weren't selling them the ones that they wanted to buy.
youtube.com/watch?v=E0VYCI24ezY
youtube.com/watch?v=7PEXlveDqUM
youtube.com/watch?v=CcHNoMejt2k

They're not ready for simply modded SS and SRT4 shitboxes

>Americans trying to pass off European and Japanese vans off as American city vans

Attached: grin.png (206x183, 30K)

There not cheap. In the states theyre no big deal but over in europe, by the time its imported and all of the emissions taxes are done with it; Its simply unaffordable. Not to mention having a car that fast is pointless because of all the fucking speed cameras, plus a car that expensive to drive i dont want to drive it all the way to the autobahn just to drive fast. Thats part of the reason the eco boost mustang sells here. Its not horrible on gas and its fast its still just too expensive though

>Thats part of the reason the eco boost mustang sells here.
Except all the sales figures are showing that the GT has around 70% of Eurostang sales.

Their interior ergos are fucking weird in my experience and for their pickups most of them are oversized for Aus tracks, they get bound up in corners, run outside the established ruts etc. If I was in the US though chances are they'd be what I owned cause fuck fuel costs and go big.

>Not to mention having a car that fast is pointless because of all the fucking speed cameras, plus a car that expensive to drive i dont want to drive it all the way to the autobahn just to drive fast.
Said no German manufacturer ever.

>those comments

The mustang gt is still the best new euro to euro performance car you can buy in Europe.

I know, right?

Because they're shit?

because theyre garbage

no

Attached: alpine-a110-09.jpg (1700x956, 772K)

Apparently the Chinese like American cars

Here in latín america they're a big deal but considering they have a lot of factories down here it's probably because we can get them cheaper. There are no factories in europe (that i know of) so theyd have to import, which Is expensive.

European cars are much more affordable (in Bongland at least) and parts are considerably cheaper. There isn't much difference cost wise between a new 3 series and say a new Mondeo. You used to see Fords and Vauxhalls everywhere, but everyone drives BMWs and Audis now because they have attractive leasing / PCP deals, are reliable, are well specced, and have strong residuals.

Ford are still quite popular here, but Vauxhall aren't owned by GM any more, and I can't even remember the last time I saw a Chrysler. The ones we did get were utter shit, same goes for Cadillac and Chevrolet, pretty sure they pulled out of the UK market.

60's and 70s american cars are really valuable in Straya

i payed out the ass for a rusty Plymouth Fury

Because gas is $6 a gallon here.

Why didn't you import directly? You know someone else did so and used you to make a tidy profit?

Because they are shit

>Or the time I was told, straight-faced, by the then boss of Chevrolet Europe, that the Cruze, engineered in the US albeit built in Korea, was good enough to face the Focus. ‘What about the fact the Focus has downsized turbo engines and the Cruze doesn’t, or the fact the Focus has DCT transmission and the Cruze doesn’t, or ditto independent rear suspension or satnav?’ I asked (this was the last generation Cruze to be fair.)

‘Does the Focus have those things? I did not know that,’ said the boss of Chevrolet. ‘Yes, and so does the Golf and so does GM’s own Astra,’ I said. Soon after, Chevrolet withdrew in disgrace from Europe

>Here’s another one. At the launch in Britain of the Chrysler Sebring, I interviewed the sales chief. ‘What’s your car got that will make British buyers look at it?’ I asked. He told me it had cupholders that were heated and cooled. ‘Anything else?’ I asked. A long embarrassing pause followed. Then he brought the conversation around again to cupholders.

From: topgear.com/car-news/opinion/opinion-heres-real-us-europe-car-trade-barrier

Fucking Daewoos man, GM did themselves huge harm in the international market badging Daewoo's as other things.

Well for one you can buy them easily outside of us and they eat too much petrol

I would love to get a Chrysler 300 if I could actually find one

This desu

Ferd is really common in the UK and Yurop tho?

Attached: 28959110_410663606042798_2919132433501914407_n.jpg (536x640, 68K)

Because Ford of Europe is a separate entity that makes separate (i.e. actually not bad) cars at separate (i.e. modern) facilities using separate (i.e. properly paid and cared for) workers. The only thing American Ford and rest-of-the-world Ford share is the name and logo.

They are?

Attached: ford_ka_2_ae5.jpg (547x359, 69K)

Eurofags can't handle the pushrod iron block v8 masterrace

ITT: triggered yuropoors

are they not ?
nzta.govt.nz/assets/resources/factsheets/12/docs/lhdvo-list.pdf

they used to. these days ever since the "one Ford", thing havent they just been making the same shit as the rest of ford?

>38 replies later and nobody can answer this
Topkek

The rear looks like the toyobaru 180hp shitbox from that angle

the snek.
oh wait.

>ford europe
>same as ford
???

>buy superior fully engineered in europe focus
>DCT is so bad that the fiesta wont get another gen in North America
>the engine never get the advertised mileage, is less reliable and has less power than the old 2l from Mazda
vs
>proven ecotec engine
>ok slushbox

>A European designed engine family

yes but when it was made the Americans still believed that turbo in economy cars was a dumb idea sadly now they have to cheat in EPA so no more NA.

Why does AMC get a tombstone, but not Studebaker, Packard, Nash, Rambler, Duesenberg, Auburn, Cord, DeSoto, etc?

>Americans still believed that turbo in economy cars was a dumb idea
It is a stupid idea. It's a fucking economy car.

That's just on Veeky Forums.
Outside of Veeky Forums every fucking european wants a Mustang.

displacement too big for eurocucks; not many good US cars are exported overseas

I was looking for a new car recently and checked out the used car advice thread on here. I quickly took a liking to the Lincoln Town Car, but it's almost fucking impossible to come by one where I live. Almost by accident I stumbled across one in the "Other" section of one dealer. Went ahead and bought it for a hefty premium after having it checked.

I wouldn't say they're not appreciated, but the real American cars are pretty hard to find and once you get one it's more difficult to maintain it due to the lack of parts outside the US. I guess it's too much hassle for most people, but I fucking love this car, the rear looks so sexy.

Attached: ltc.png (1203x902, 2.3M)

why are Americans so obsessed over yuros all the time?

Attached: 1519457190249.jpg (648x652, 57K)

Plenty of US cars I wouldn't mind but theres nothing sexy about that user

I don't know, I really like it. Maybe just because it's so rare around here.
Whenever I take it for a ride usually someone will slowly drive by and check it out from all sides.
Always cracks me up.

Ford are decent.

>AMC will never come back

Attached: 1485074316079.gif (306x469, 47K)

Off the top of my head
>Studebakers, Packards, Duesenberg and other rare oldies
>Camaros of all gens, same with Mustangs
>Firebirds, Fieros, GTOs
>60s/70s Mopar
>Corvettes
>Panther and foxbodies
>Viper
>Neon SRT4, Challengers and Chargers
churned out heaps of shit though, you have to always see what you can find

Ford AUS makes better cars until just recently

Attached: ford-falcon-sprint-2016-(1)_0.jpg (1139x643, 110K)

Out of all the smaller automakers AMC lasted the longest They didn't get swallowed up by Iacocca and Co. until 1988, whereas none of the rest lived to see the end of the 60s. Also, Rambler and DeSoto were marques of a bigger company (Nash/AMC and Chrysler, respectively), not their own entity.

this

fuck when is it coming back