Should street legal stock motorcycles from the factory be limited to 300km/h? Is there a reason not to limit them...

Should street legal stock motorcycles from the factory be limited to 300km/h? Is there a reason not to limit them? Is there a good reason to keep them limited?

Attached: 2017-honda-cbr1000rr-ym17-234.jpg (1000x667, 80K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0aSaD9Iulas
liveleak.com/view?i=890_1479936769
youtube.com/watch?v=I5wdYLeihCI
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>Is there a reason not to limit them?
More deaths.

have you ever been 300km/h on a motorcycle?
vid related
youtube.com/watch?v=0aSaD9Iulas
why do you need to go faster?

>when you're in so much pain you meow like a cat

At least post the liveleak video that shows the aftermath.
liveleak.com/view?i=890_1479936769

Also, warning, gore.

>hits 300km
>No Gear

Attached: giphy.gif (500x375, 301K)

He had full gear, you can see in higher resolution videos that his jacket was about as useful as skin. You can't ride 300kmh without a helmet, your face and eyes physically wouldn't let you.

His helmet flew off and torso was ripped apart limb from limb, you think a jacket would have stopped that? He hit the debris.

300 without helmet
Wew m8 my eyes start tearing up at 80-85 kph if I don't close my visor

>implying gear will save you from hitting a guard rail at 180mph
I'd never buy a sportsbike, and I'd never ride one off a track. At least not at those speeds. 100hp is way more than enough on a bike.

I am never riding my bike at 300km/h now.
never. jesus christ. not worth it.

The same can be said of cars, or any other personal wheeled vehicle.

You might have survived that if it were in a car going 100mph, you skin against the rail, might flip, but and the end of the day you're more likely to still have 4 wheels on the ground slowing you down instead of a thin sheet of leather, composite, and kevlar.
you have no business going 180mph on public streets regardless. Any argument to that instantly brands you retarded. 100 in a 75 is understandable on an empty interstate, more than that is getting out of hand.

Cars aren't actively being made to surpass 2.8 second 0-60s and 200mph top speeds for under $25k. Motorcycle manufactures at one point said "let's stop racing to make street legal motorcycles any faster" because going 190mph on public roads is retarded.

Holy shit..

Yes. To keep high-T fuckheads from being another layer of paint on my car.

And this is why I laugh at bikefags who make fun of 'cages'

Why even bother? The damage caused by a crash at 200kph or 300kph or 400kph will probably be just the same

nah, at 200 I still have hope. not at 270 plus though...

youtube.com/watch?v=I5wdYLeihCI

Can't even donate those organs

Hi there!

You seem to have made a bit of a mistake in your post. Luckily, the users of Veeky Forums are always willing to help you clear this problem right up! You appear to have used a tripcode when posting, but your identity has nothing at all to do with the conversation! Whoops! You should always remember to stop using your tripcode when the thread it was used for is gone, unless another one is started! Posting with a tripcode when it isn't necessary is poor form. You should always try to post anonymously, unless your identity is absolutely vital to the post that you're making!

Now, there's no need to thank me - I'm just doing my bit to help you get used to the anonymous image-board culture!

I have and I want to go faster.

Yeah, who cares that the chance of crashing due to uncontrollable speed raises exponentially for every mph after 120. At 200mph on a bike you're probably 800x more likely to crash.

is he ok???

He lost his head while speeding and crashed. I'm sure the crash will cost him an arm and a leg.

>will cost him an arm and a leg

Kek

Dont be a bitch m8. Its clearly CGI. Fuck cager propaganda.

>Its clearly CGI
You can't be serious.

>riding in groups
>riding that fast on a busy street

not even once.

Pretty sure this one was proven to be CGI in an old thread. Skin doesn't look like that after.

It's missing a lot of blood I'd imagine, even high def it looks real, but not cgi, more like prosthetic.

Not that I'm saying it isn't real, because I don't know, I thought it was very real and still do think you'll look like that after that kind of accident.

>Is there a reason not to limit them?

Yes, mind your own fucking business.

This

Eh, I’ve been racing bikes long enough to know that the 300 kmh “limit” imposed is more or less a reasonable max based on geometry and applications of the bike more so than worrying about someone killing themselves. These things get squirly braking hard from 320 kmh unless you have a autismo balanced chassis. Anything much faster than that simply isn’t practical without making a purpose built bike. Remember, these are literal race bikes built for tracks. Not drag strips