Is the huge price difference between american muscle cars and german sports cars (AMG, M, RS) justified?

Is the huge price difference between american muscle cars and german sports cars (AMG, M, RS) justified?

You get roughly the same amount of HP for only a third of the price. Yes, murican cars have inferior interior and less prestige to their badges. And maybe they get their ass beaten on track.
But when it comes to actual daily driving, is the 20000$ to 40000$ difference noticable and justified?

Really not trolling, just wanna hear your opinion. Germanfag btw

Attached: 234565435.png (1000x623, 894K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2JALQO7rLRw
tyrereviews.co.uk/Tyre/Michelin/Pilot-Sport-4-S.htm
tyrereviews.co.uk/Tyre/Michelin/Pilot-Sport-Cup-2.htm
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

If all you care is day to day driving just buy a Yaris.

if you only care about performance - no
if you care about literally anything else - yes

>maybe they get their ass beaten on track
they don't.

Attached: Benis times.png (1295x1689, 2.52M)

>comparing luxury cars with a pony car
lol a tarted up 2 series beats the Shelby on a track
youtube.com/watch?v=2JALQO7rLRw

>blatantly ignores the bottom half of the picture posted

>motor trend lap times
Fake news

Attached: zl1 vs m4.jpg (1016x850, 226K)

>ZL1 in your picture wasn't even tested on its factory eagle F1 tires but instead less grippy michelin P4s
the absolute STATE of Break My Wallet!

Attached: Camaro ZL1 test tire.png (2104x1620, 2.03M)

>blatantly ignoring the Camaros massive 190h horsepower advantage
>b-but wrong tyres!!
LOL keep trying the PS4S are excellent tyres.
Those are the original tyres chevrolet offers in Germany btw.

German sports cars are usually just upgraded luxury sedans. They combine both a luxurious interior with high performance engines and parts and all that.
By any means it’s a more premium version of a premium car. The massive prices can be easily explained because of that.

t. works for a German company and every higher up has a Mercedes or Audi that sold for at least €80k or more

>PS4S are excellent tyres.
So why isn't BMW using them instead of the Cup tires they tested the CS with? the Eagle F1s were designed specifically for the Camaro as oppose to the one-type fits all michelins.

The german car will last three times as long.

Aren't American V8 pony cars a lot more expensive in Europe? If there's a tax on displacement or emissions like in some places, a 6.2L Camaro ZL1 might not be such a bargain compared to a 3.0L M4

I noticed it in drive quality.
Imo if you want just pure raw fun go for a muscle car. They're surprisngly comfy for daily driving.

HOWEVER.

If your car is a status to you and you'll be doing long road trips then get a German car.

Imagine working sales or something business. You go to meet with the 3 men who are about to pitch to you. Before you see them you see their 3 cars.

>Mustang
>BMW
>Accord

The guy driving the BMW immediately catches your eye as being more successful and better off. People have this mentality about things.

As for women you'll also get more positive attention in a German make. It's mostly men screaming "douche" and it's not even the gay men.

As for me I would get a fully loaded Mustang. Cheaper and powerful. I also have this mad max mentality with cars and I can't justify the aggressive back road driving in a German car usually.

Also notice how my brain went normie mode and I listed 2 models and 1 manufacturer.

Kinda shows the mentality and assumptions made.

Attached: 1521537580720.jpg (960x960, 48K)

They are more expensive but not normally because of tax

>The guy driving the BMW immediately catches your eye as being more successful and better off. People have this mentality about things.

I really hate this. You tell a normie you like BMWs and they think you're some brand-chasing faggot with #lifegoals

god I want a 2002

lol look at you still bitching about tyres despite the camaro having about 200hp more.
you could argue if the camaro was on all seasons or something.
cry more

Lol the m4 gts costs 130-140k. SS 1le is like 50k.

Exactly. And thats why they don't sell in Europe.
Where i live, for the price of a V8 Camaro or Mustang i could buy a Porsche 911.

theres more to cars than horsepower ameriburgers

M4 CS (non gts) beats the ZL1 on track too though

Yea i wonder what happens if the Camaro gets track tires.

Attached: GTS vs 1LE.png (535x558, 258K)

M4 GTS is hilariously overpriced though. Not saying the Camaro isn't a bargain, but M4 GTS is dogshit compared to other german cars

I'd go American if I only had the choice between those two (assuming you live in America). My mom and dad are richfags that love their BMWs but those shits always seem to break down or have a small part failure. It was like $6,000 to repair something wrong with the engine once (40k miles on the car) and $800 to fix a fucking window that wouldn't roll down. All the parts have to be imported which makes repairs super expensive, and they seem to break more than American cars which is a shock. But at least with amerishit you can repair it for cheaper.

This is something you'll deal with if you place performance over reliability, seems like you must decide between the two and can't have both unless of course you buy a Lexus.

M4 GTS is competing with 911 GT3 in price and performance.

PS4S are better than the Sport Cup 2's on the bmw though. Keep grasping at straws.
tyrereviews.co.uk/Tyre/Michelin/Pilot-Sport-4-S.htm
tyrereviews.co.uk/Tyre/Michelin/Pilot-Sport-Cup-2.htm

>links tire scoring system but doesn't even look to see the performance data says the Cup 2s are better
get a load of this nigger!

Attached: Tire vs Tire performance data.png (711x386, 17K)

So youre saying those tyres make up for 200hp?? LMAO american engineering at its finest

>american engineering at its finest
yep, BMW shouldn't even try to compete. ultimate driving machine belongs to Cletus now.

I just bought a SS 1LE for 38k and I fucking hate negotiating with dealers. Could have easily got a couple thousand more off. The camaro platform is a bargain for the track performance you get.

Oh so it needs to become road illegal, 200hp more and track tyres in order to beat a tarted up 4 series, noice

>remove the dive planes so you are road legal until you get to a track
>BMW doesn't want to fight without track tires of their own
>seats 4 people unlike the M4 GTS
gawd mucheene but if its all the same to you id rather have the GT350 over both the BMW and ZL1.

To be fair, the camaro rear seats are pretty much unusable for people with legs for more than 15 minutes. Normal M4 is a lot better in that regard

M4 CS has rear seats though.
I bet if they included the ZL1 1LE in this test
it wouldn't be much faster than the M4 GTS.
M4 GTS is oddly slow in America

Tedt