What it looks like to make a horrible decision with $40,000

what it looks like to make a horrible decision with $40,000
pic related

Attached: KIMG0057.jpg (4160x2340, 1.79M)

story, OP?

not entirely sure yet.
its been otherwise a great truck until today
went out to take a drive this afternoon.
Started the truck, put the truck into reverse, pressed the throttle a bit and it didnt move.

turned off the truck, walked around to check for obstruction to the wheels, found nothing.

get back into the truck, started the truck, put it into reverse, hit the throttle more heavy, and the rear-wheels spun, did a burn out, and the truck did budge.

called for a tow, i explained the problem to the driver while he looked at me like i was totally insane, than showed him what happens when you try to drive it, and blew his mind

its a 2012 tacoma with 11,000 miles

Attached: KIMG0061.jpg (4160x2340, 1.75M)

>and the truck did budge.
didnt* budge

and its a 2017* tacoma
jc..
but anyway, im not too bugged out to drive it. Either the axle or the break seized up and have already been in one crash due to breaks seizing

>toyota
wew

That's what you get for buying boomer b8

sounds like a seized caliper to me. not a big deal. but w/e, it's a tacoma so it will hold its value like fucking crazy. if it continues to be a problem just dump it once the warranty expired knowing you lost less than if you had bought literally any non-diesel truck thanks to taco-tax

forgot to add

>own a 98 tacoma
>dd for 10 years
>racked up 100k miles on it, up to 228k now
>only time it ever let me down is when the ignition switch and key got so worn out it wouldnt start

haha get rekt faget

Sorry to hear that, OP. I had nothing but problems with my '03 taco which I bought new. I kept it until the frame disintegrated...

Next time you'll know to just buy American if you truly need a truck.

Attached: Truck.jpg (1200x900, 431K)

1. the pickup is under warranty so any issue is a non-issue

2. tacoma maintains highest resale of any truck making it the one time a new purchase isn't a "horrible idea"

>frame disintegrates
>but dude muh resale value xD

Attached: 1518743464530.gif (640x360, 389K)

>$40 for a Tacoma

Attached: c50d8ff4e83a9b12a5a4f7335d83ae53c0c4b9831f9277374e16cafd1be8a2db.png (250x376, 195K)

>siezed caliper
if that was the case then it should've moved when he mashed the gas, I've never heard of calipers or brakes that were forceful enough to beat an engine that wants to go

really was the craziest thing i've ever seen.
hard to find an immediate explanation for why the rear wheels would spin and not budge the truck.
We did eventurally get it unstuck, but really not sure how.
Just from going to park to reverse to drive to neutral, then we heard a pop, and the truck was free rolling again.
I still had it towed to the dealer because its fucking sketchy and am almost afraid to drive the truck now

>AFM starves engine of oil

>4WD
>towing it with 2 wheels down

Attached: 1514650433491.jpg (433x376, 21K)

I wonder if the parking pawl was somehow jammed and it wasn't actually shifting out of park

That doesn't explain OP's ability to do "a burn out"

I've seen it happen when I worked as a parking attendant. some girl put the handbrake up on her cobalt in wet, cold, slushy weather (winter) and the brakes seized when they dried. She tried to reverse out and it wouldn't move. My coworker and I both tried and same thing, as if there was a cement block behind the wheels. Towie had to take a steel bar to the brakes until they unseized

the pawl slipped and he didn't hear the rock tumbler sound over the tires?

How the fuck is the pawl going to have the ability to to lock the front wheels while the rear wheels are spinning?

>part-time 4WD

Unless it's a Jeep or Land Rover you have to engage the front wheels. They still should have used a wrecker, though.

about to tow my 2000 GMC Jimmy SLE 4x4. Do I need all four wheels off the ground? Why? What about rwd or fwd or awd cars? I've been curious about this subject.

Eh that's why I lease and if it's worth more than the residual after 3 years I buy it and sell it.

Shit breaks or doesn't start? Fix it, give me my loner and don't get anything dirty Daryl chop chop

Who pays $40k for a 2012 taco? I wouldn't pay that for new.

explain this please

He made a typo, its a 2017

>GMC
>"""American"""

Attached: 1521483268654.gif (290x189, 1.24M)

>tfw getting a free upgrade to excessive wear and tear warranty
I returned that truck with the cords showing on 3 of the fucking tires lol

>get warranty and new car for reasonably low price
>fixed rate lease means you can predict the exact residual, assuming you don't get reamed
>dealer fixes stuff cause muh bumper to bumper warranty
>loss is mitigated if depreciation is rapid, recouped if depreciation is slow
>still get the benefits of a new car every so often and also help the health of the used market by incentivizing car makers to produce new cars

the new Tacos with the 3.5L v6 are garbage
buy one with the 4.0L v6 and when you only have to put $5k in it every decade you'll realize why they resell for so much