/domg/ - Dominions General

Pretender Design Edition

Dominions is a fantasy turn-based war game created by two dudes. One of them is a teacher.
The game combines a simple presentation with an extremely wide array of strategic options, including over 2800 units, 800 spells and 300 magic items. Turns are resolved simultaneously, with players planning battles rather than directly controlling them.
It has simplistic graphics but is easily moddable and extremely deep.
Basically, it's an autist’s wet dream of a war game.

>Steamgroup
steamcommunity.com/groups/vanheimageofvidya

>Group chatroom
steam://friends/joinchat/103582791434709795

>Our pastebin
pastebin.com/qaccWnMt

>Dom4 Manual
jaffa.illwinter.com/dom4/manual_dom4.pdf

>Dom4 Inspector
This is a community resource that has every unit, spell, and item in the game in an accessible database.
larzm42.github.io/dom4inspector/

>Multiplayer guide
web.archive.org/web/20150430021604/http://www.desura.com/games/dominions-4-thrones-of-ascensions/forum/thread/core-mp-concepts-that-i-wish-somebody-had-told-me-about/

>Play by email guide
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=202096551

>Pretender designer
bsielski.github.io/pretenders/

>Debug Mod
For testing battle formations and spells
dropbox.com/s/eo3qbjlixfghvs4/Debug.zip?dl=0
forum.shrapnelgames.com/showthread.php?t=36453

>Where do I get it?
It is available on Gamersgate and Steam.

>THE BASICS
>Read the manual
>Read the wiki
>Read the pastebin
>Watch some LPs by Sy, Maerlande, or Nuclearmonkee
>Jump into MP feet first; ask for pretender advice in the thread

Submit completed games here:
docs.google.com/forms/d/1jHX_ZoJi6zIvDq6ANdp-W1Y89W5_fmShuDyHmAj5qC4/viewform

Results Here:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1dlrvyEqLFYIaXRc49TheMmfdoP8jEh1m5rZJHJAzDWQ/edit?usp=sharing

Previous Pantokrator

Other urls found in this thread:

llamaserver.net/gameinfo.cgi?game=DominionsHeroes
llamaserver.net/gameinfo.cgi?game=FewGimmicks
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

First for retaking the throne of night, best part is it wasn't even defended. Which is really odd since there was a whole huge army there last month.

I swear there was like 170 troops here just a moment ago but the second I begin my retaliation they are gone.

What the actual fuck? That's like astral corruption caster for Ermor. Ignoring the fact that B9 and astral minor are fine blesses for Ermor.

Monkeys are currently being counter-bullied by me. That's probably why they decided to move their army. Enjoy your free fort & throne, friend.

Nice, he was building up troops on my boarders and a attack was imminent so I went to attack him. Looks like both of us are going to get some nice land

llamaserver.net/gameinfo.cgi?game=DominionsHeroes

Looking for a Conflux player.

I need a 2h extension

Do we really need one? Aran is already a small map.

I thought I joined as conflux?

No I joined as conflux

Aran is a placeholder. I'll use a better map.
W-what? There was a Conflux player, but he switched to AvLee. Do you want to play Conflux, or am I getting memed on?

I just sent my pretender recently, but it's hard to tell with all these Unexpected Nations.

Oh. Then we have full house.
What would be a good 9 player map?
And I suggest the other players to send in their pretenders.

Already sent mine in t. Warlock Dungeon Men

Shadowshore.

Thanks. Will check it out.
I was suggested Maerland too.

Seconding Shadowshore.
t. AvLee

Don't actually do shadowshore, it's a horrible map which heavily overrewards flying and sailing and punishes cold scales on non-flying nations.

Hi admin, can you add 24 hours and change the hosting interval to 72 hours so I don't have to bug you every turn

>needing three days to do a turn

How the fuck do you beat EA hellheim?

With Lord of the Forest.

What is everyone's problem with doing their turns this game, actually?

Hey Fomoria. Are you around?

Cursed Fomoria, that is.

It takes a long time to sneak my elves around and load them up w/ gems!

Every Fomoria is cursed, to be fair.

Is there any other kind?

You can do that in 10 minutes if you have alot of elves

Ahem.
Is the person playing Fomoria in the PBEM game CURSED hosted on llamaserver around.

Maybe, whos asking?

Malakal

Malakal who?

t. Stool Cory

t. Sy

t. Moat

Caelum. Have steam/discord?

I am not Fomoria, I said maybe he is around and then asked who was asking. I never said I was Fomoria

>start complex multiturn transaction with Doom
>they don't send me the stuff I was promised on time and then they start staling

That's great.

Lucky, in one of my games alot of the players pitched in to give astral gems to one guy to dispel a global effect. While everyone did that the very same turn he went AI

Hey guys, I'm printing out posters for my new study / game room and I need high resolution Dominions-related stuff. Looking more for stuff like maps and battlescapes rather than amine wifoos

How is this

Starting the game. I hope everything goes right, and I do not kill llama this time.

Pretty good. I've already got a Valanis. Mormacil's maps are pretty great

llamaserver.net/gameinfo.cgi?game=FewGimmicks

Any pbems allowing modnations? I have a sudden urge to play Lagos.

It seems I sent a wrong pretender with dom1 and +1 morale. Can we restart, please? Honestly, I don't get how it's even possible. I only had one pretender made. Perhaps because it was made with an older version of the mod?

Sounds like a fine pretender to me, besides I dont know how to reset

He's not the real admin. Real admin is offline right now, will probably be back in like an hour or something.

Listen you break it you buy it, if I restart all the other players will have new locations. Just tough it out

Yeah, I see Eggplant is sleeping right now.

Still, good try.

You don't even sound like egg since you didn't spout any memes and used an english colloquialism whilst english is his second language. Study up before you troll! These little details are important!

Thanks for the advice, I will try to up my game next time around. Thank you for being so understanding.

Tell me about the Egg. Why does he spout the memes?

HoMM3 mod nation pretender names

I expected more of them to be named after heroes

>Jesus Christ
>Not a hero
Jesus Christ has Awe 5 my dude, he is one of the best heros

He's a bob guy.

Does Snake Mullich get 5 mapmove?

He gets extra action points, Gunnar would get the map movement bonus

Wew lads. Unstarted the game. Deyja, tell me when to start it again.

Now that's better.

What ugly flags

How do I deal with N9B9 boar spam as EA Xib? I've got around 5 in every school.

N9B9 beast bats

Sadly it's a little late for that. I do have W9B6 beast bats/Ozelotls though

Get a good commander with high defense and attack, and then give him the amulet of giants.

Fear spells and anything that affects MR.

>He's a bob guy.
>He's a bob
>He 's a bob
>He 's a bo
>He is strabo

Yeah panic and terror can be pretty brutal against low mr nerds.

I mean morale. Pans etc casting panic can be a real bother ive always wondered how they would do paired with demon knights for fear. Pans can get B2E2 easy right?

yea but pan likes turmoil and turmoil doesn't play nice with bloodhunting

unless you play lanka*
Its not like you need shit tons of slaves and would do this for every army, even 5-6 fear causing knights and some panic would be a neat rout trick. Besides cant you patrol the unrest away with pack of wolves?

>Pan likes turmoil

In what way, other than spawning memethots?

With world war in full swing, we are kinda beginning to question the need for these news reports, as everyone has already picked their sides and there' no need ot inform peopleof whats's going on.

That is especially true as the news arent very good for us either.
While armies of Ur have been able to initiate a counter-raid on Fomoria's territories and even kill an actually armed druid, the plan was to see other nations succeed against distracted as well.
Despite minor successes, Ur's territories are still occupied by a bunch of thugs and some enemy troops.
Lanka keeps throwing more undead monkeys at us and now we are too busy fighting elswhere to respond properly. Goddamn, why is AI lanka so much more competent than the human who played it?
Ulm's doomstacks got paradropped into and heavily culled by Fomoria
Pangaea, who we hoped would be able to assist, is not even winning its own local conflict with agartha; and its huge army size is apparently mostly consists of useless maenads. Pangaea lost a fort this turn, as well as an army that was sieging Agartha's capital.

So... yeah, go clear that indie throne and claim the thrones already Fomoria.

Also we would like to respond to a post form the previous thread >"I-i-i-i don't care about what you do senpai, throw away your chances at winning, i don't care about winning this game either but blah blah blah"
>t. Ur about 20 turns ago

Unlike Agartha, that was only a threat we were under no obligation to follow up on, and the whole point of those messages and diplomacy was to avoid a pointless conflict that only diminishes both sides' chance to win. Something we have succesfully achieved, as conflict with agartha has been averted at that point.

I guess things are really FALLING APART for you guys eh?

Could've said "Sure Agartha I remember our deal, and seeing as you were busy beating up Mictlan alone when AI Sauro took those provinces from you I can give back those provinces I agreed to give you before." But nope, you decided that helping the a Pangeaea that sends global casters into battles and assassins to assault provinces plus 2 fucking swamps + a plains was worth it. I could've done some shit to Fomoria, You know? can't telefrag me when im behind 1000 Benis Worms. But you made your bed and now lie in it.

Joined as Marveni

>turmoil doesn't play nice with bloodhunting
Just add a few more patrollers, it's not a big deal.

but where is TURMOIL PANGAEA going to get PATROLLERS?

Use growth, as the pop grows you can recruit more PD

harpys..

There, Master, Snow Harpies!

Say I have 30 astral 1 mages who will be boosted to astral 2.

When is it better to stellar cascade spam vs. mind hunt/paralyze spam?

Is it just a question of MR resist? Anything around 10 or so MR gets blasted?

Cascades is better against most targets.

You'll want to consider paralyze if you're fighting large size enemies with poor MR (e.g. Hill Giant, Cave Crab), or targets which are very high value but don't have great MR (e.g. SCs without MR boosting items, giant sacred troops).

Mind burn should generally not be used if you have access to cascades. Only bother with it if you want to use the #mind tag to snipe leaders of mindless troops (and even then, you should go with soul slay instead if at all possible).

What's the syntax for wishing an enemy pretender dead? "kill nation god"?

Lets be honest castle is just shit nothing more than indies pretending to be marignon. If you see castle expand onto them like the indies they are.

I mean, its not like they get hordes of free troops or anything...

I for one enjoy reading the chronicles of my ascension.

From the west my undead minions of Lanka invade Ur and tie up forces of R'lyeh. Their service to the Cause will be remembered.

From the south forces of Agartha crush Pangea one army at a time. Their aid will not be forgotten.

My token forces repelled and crushed puny Ulm attempt at invasion, they never stood a chance at all. You were a fool to count on them.

My armies have secured another throne this turn, without any losses. You were a fool to rely on indies to protect you.

My thugs have free reign over the entire creation, one took another throne off you just now, you were a fool to rely on PD to protect it.

And the squids... well their pathetic attempts at mattering are so laughable its not even worth my comment. You were a fool to rate them over Lanka at anything.

Its only a matter of time before the true Malakal ascends once again.

t. Malakal

What if PD started getting their own thugs at high numbers
Like some commanders with Piercer
Mounted commanders with vineshields & cold brands
etc

What if bear tribe started getting their own thugs if you didn't deal with them in the first year? Like werebear assassins with 2 dusk daggers.

Why do people even follow those tribes when they are all so shit? The only good ones are shark and bone.

Game: DominionsHeroes
>Turn number 1
Next turn due: 03:44 GMT on Friday September 8th

Unexpected Nation 2h file received
[deleted because Veeky Forums thinks it's spam]
>Unexpected Nation Waiting for 2h file
>Unexpected Nation Waiting for 2h file