Out of curiosity if vehicles with engines of different configurations have the exact same statistics like vehicle...

Out of curiosity if vehicles with engines of different configurations have the exact same statistics like vehicle weight and distribution, hp, torque, and suspension, which would win in a race? In this example let’s say an NA V8 vs a TT V6, or an NA V6 vs a turbo/sc I4.

Attached: C947E8A7-56B2-45AE-B6EE-3803868675C1.jpg (640x480, 84K)

The non-inducted motor because throttle response and turbolag are things.

The driver's superior driving line and how aerodynamic and how light the cars would be.

Well what about supercharged cars

In the real world, probably something like the N/A out front, followed by the SC I4, followed by the TT V6.

At that point the only determining factor is how quickly the engine can get into the area under the curve.

The N/A would still probably take it. Even SCs have *some* very minor lag.

I'm gonna say the turbo motor will win they deliver a lot of torque down low in the power and also depends on gearing

But what if the turbo car makes it's peak torque at 2-3 thousand rpm? The NA may not make it until maybe 4 thousand.

I feel as though it really depends on the engine configuration / characteristic.

Wouldn’t that be right when the boost kicks in? Is that realistic in that case.

NA in both cases, linear immediate throttle response.

if the only difference is the aspiration, then the na would win every time

Really depends on the motor, assuming that the NA would win is just showing ignorance of modern turbo motors where power and high boost can be made very early. It's not uncommon for stock turbo cars to be making near peak power as early as 3k rpm.

But I thought that’s just when boost kicks in, wouldn’t the power curve still have to work it’s way out?

Did you read the OP?

Probably the V6 Turbo. It will spread the torque out over a wider proportion of the powerband.

The one with the better driver.

Assuming all have traditional gear boxes it will be the one with the most area under the torque curve, or hp curve(these are related).

The disadvantage if the turbos lag will most likely be negligable unless the torque and how curves are identical.

If the car has a cvt, or some other infinite ratio transmission then it won't matter.

No? Peak power as in peak power, look at some modern stock turbo cars dyno graphs.

Hp and totque the same?

So do you mean the the torque and power curves are the same through the same rpm range?

If you dont know why I am asking, and based on the question you are asking, I dont think you do, you need to go spend some time educating yourself on engines in general.

OP is an idiot and didnt describe the parameters completely enough for a meaningful answer.

Everyone in this threat is literally filling in the gaps with generalized assumptions to ballpark an opinion of a fucking retarded question.

Impossible to answer. There are NA V8s that make half the power of some NA I4s

the engine which is lightest and outputs the most power
something like a turbo i4 or rotary

Gearing and shifting are a thing, and you might not believe it but street cars are geared retardedly for their engines, mostly to save fuel at EPA test speeds.

Race gearing is a lot taller and a lot closer with no overdrive-like ratios ever