/wtg/ - War Thunder General

Mach 2 edition

Previous →

>Official Site:
warthunder.com/

NOTE: You get given a premium aircraft for your first victory in game!
Need a faster download? Switch Language in Launcher.

>Wiki with Release Trees and General Tactics:
wiki.warthunder.com/index.php

>Fan created skins, missions, locations, fictions etc...
live.warthunder.com/ (Warning! Pure weeaboo and horsefucker autism abound)

>Ammunition Types
wiki.warthunder.com/index.php?title=Category:Ammunition

>All the Air RB/SB maneuvers you would want to know + Engine thingamabobs:
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=200974026

>Every Airplane Instrument Panel translated
mediafire.com/view/q4nybrogygdchdb/ND's_aircraft_reference_guide.pdf

>Youtube Channel with Tutorials and Gameplay Videos
youtube.com/user/galahadgawain/playlists

>Steam community:
steamcommunity.com/groups/warthundervg

>vg chatroom:
Type " /join vg " into chatbox.
If prompted for a password, use "memes".

>Joystick Comparisons:
xbitlabs.com/articles/multimedia/display/joystick-roundup_8.html

>DIY Headtracking
pcgamer.com/how-to-build-your-own-ir-head-tracker/
ebay.com/itm/161710468074

>Chart displaying weapon effectiveness against ground units
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1H1_cSnYKSKbU6Giql2bMDdFoXefeq6ENWuvjQbtquMs/
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Px6G3kvcWbiS-sdIR6r4s7lSwfcxguUgJw95qj0NIzs/

>Sound Mods:
moddb.com/mods/b0riss-sound-mod/forum/thread/support-for-sound-mod-in-warthunder-165153

Other urls found in this thread:

xvideos.com/video19767311/rosalina_hentai_-_by_minus8
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Type_90_Kyū-maru
youtube.com/watch?v=reVZ9aPYi9A
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

first for dumb decals

2nd for i hate norway

3rd for kill the ASSFAGGOTS maps

X for niggers hung when?

Daily reminder hard caps on RP reward on kills are retarded but a thing.

6rd for slav genocide when

Anime

Winning is more important for RP gain, even gives you more.

Hate me if you want but I often quit and find a new match after I get 5 kills. I know my rp is already being capped so I earn nothing by staying. Unless of course the win is in jeopardy, but it rarely is.

reminder

Why is the economy such tripe? A single repair cost can pretty much negate all your earnings in a battle

I don't get it. Why is there a bunch of random cutouts, like the one on the left? Why is everything placed in such a way that the projectile's trail is obscured? You probably got hit at a more square angle than you wanted people to think.

>get blown up by IS6 in sim, so spawn in plane
>fly around without seeing anyone to bomb until we win
>get 2500rp for planes

Yeah I wouldn't blame you, with this RP cap on kills gaijin basically encourages that.

remember when SB was an actual queue

>activated a +300% rp booster in sim tanks using a Panther II

Spitfire Mk. 30 when?

And it took half an hour to make a match and most of them were 2v2 plus 4 bots? Yep.

>t-34-8 survives a shot to the side
>instanukes my tiger h1 through the turret viewport
I COULD FUCKING DO THE SAME THING TO HIM BUT IT'D BOUNCE FOR LITERALLY NO REASON AT ALL

Lol get rekt hitler.

I dont get it...

SOON

>it's an Italian meme machine sets both my engines on fire with a single burst episode

literally never you dirty pasta spic

Playing USA is a lot of fun since the MG changes. It's nice to see long, solid bursts of converged 8x .50 rip a plane apart rather than just denting the aluminum.

>unlock M4A1 after grueling grind (89,000 RP)
>check the next tank T-92
>220,000 RP

GO FUCK YOURSELF GAIJIN

Thats an unjustifiable RP increase of +100,000, no fucking thanks

Where on the Spitfire did the C.205 touch you?

>it's a 7.0 battle in a 6.0 vehicle episode

As I said, the south spawn of Karalia allows a 1HKO as you exit spawn. The north spawn however allows you to position in a spot which allows you to have a more skill based game. you should choose that, instead of taking the 25% chance of being one shotted like a tard.

>have premium
>using it to grind out tonks and modules
>but fuck, playing in an M46 even with the HEATFS rounds is torture
>on a win, barely make more than 2000 RP
>usually hit 1200 on a loss
>fuck this, I hate BR7.0
>go back to 5.0
>Line-up T20 (which I know is premium), and the two 76mm Shermans
>first game get 5400 RP, second get 6000 RP

Fuck the upper BRs, honestly.

working fine, works the other way too)))))

it's the same as other 6.7 tanks

it just feels like a jump because it goes straight from m41 (6.) to T92 (6.7).

6.3 to 6.7 its ridiculous.

It took 220,000 RP for the Tiger II (P) and at least then I had Tigers and Pz IVs and winning games easily but grinding the US tree, its not the same, and we lose often, and losing means way less RP.

But still its so fucked up to have RP cost determined by BR when a light tank with a 76mm gun is at the same BR and RP cost as the Tiger II (P) heavy tank. Unless gaijin reduces RP I'm not gonna bother with light tanks anymore, hell I might just stop playing US tanks altogether its a constant uphill struggle with little reward.

Git gud.

what

>M19
>kills a Tiger II (H)
>in one burst
>at THAT DISTANCE
>FROM THE FRONT

Fucking, how.

G LOC is bullshit. debate me.

BEAST MODE!!!

Yeah, I agree. It should reduce pilot health, not just meme stamina.

>Gaijin is incompetent,loves soviet tanks and hates America
Tell us something new.
Stop complaining.your tank is full of black holes.
I have no words.This shit is too retarded.

But you were driving a Tiger 2 with no ammo in the turret,so you deserved it.

I've been playing the M19 and M42 all wrong

Why is it bullshit? Are you a spitnigger?

Too bad you can't do that with the M42 anymore after hull break.

>i am a gigaoctonigger and deserve the rope
Gotcha

What do you think happens when you pull 11 G for several seconds? And yes, it does take a few seconds to "recover" once you've gotten to tunnel-vision or further.

Hull break was a mistake. Still don't know why they included it.

They did it because trying to kill a gaz truck or flakbus with only solid AP was fucking dreadful, but now a bunch of light vehicles (M56) are literally unplayable.

>trying to kill trucks or flakbus with AP was dreadful

Gee, how about people use APHE then? Or I know, shoot the gun/gunner first and then snipe his other crew/modules.

Why break an entire roster of open-tops just because people are whining about one or two? It's dumb as fuck no matter how you look at it.

t. M18 nigger

>listening to xvideos.com/video19767311/rosalina_hentai_-_by_minus8 while tanking

ultra comfy

>APHE
Not every nation gets APHE, especially stock.

>shoot everything one by one
It's fucking garbage to have to take 3-4 shots to kill a SPAAG when your enemies need only one shot to kill you.

>Why break an entire roster of open-tops
Most open tops are fine. See: M10, M36, marder, etc.

What does the M18 have to do with anything?

Almost every vehicle that sees the trucks of flakbuses has APHE. There's no way that was the main reason they fucked over every lightly-armored/open-top vehicle in the game.

You can't even play them in low-tier AB anymore because planes just ram them for free kills at the end of the timer.

wtf, the tiger ii needs a lower br now!

Lotwrally the best thing to happen in the last year. Kys

Never going past burger 5.0 again, it's not worth the frustration and futility

I'll just use the T20 and Shermans to grind my way all the way to the MBT-70.

that fucking T-34 drivers hatch needs to be fixed

KEK

ACTUALLY LAFFIN

lmao seriously though optics should just be removed as a damageable module, it eats shells like nobody's business

>optics removed as a damageable module
>100 new threads of tiger driving wehraboos crying about balance
Do it

>why not use APHE on a vehicle with armor so thin it doesn't prime the fuze
yes that'll work so well

G LOC is annoying but the only really bullshit part is the fact that it's in arkaden
I play it to get away from that realism, and yet it's still present

THEN GEE, HIT IT WITH AN HE SHELL

THAT WAY YOU CAN KNOCK OUT THE GUN/GUNNER WITHOUT SOMEHOW KILLING THE WHOLE VEHICLE OR CREW

But nooo, you say, it works! Hitting a vehicle with an HE shell would knock it out for good!

BITCH, SO WOULD AN AP SHELL GOING THROUGH THE ENGINE BLOCK AND INTO THE FUCKING DRIVER'S THIGH BEFORE EXPLODING OUT THE BACK TO PEPPER THE GUNNER BEHIND HIM WITH SHRAPNEL

There's literally zero justification for hull break, people are just mad cuz bad and they didn't want to have to put any effort into killing lightly armored shit.

i wonder what gaijin is gonna pull outta their ass to fix japan tank line for tier 6

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Type_90_Kyū-maru

this thing is only thing between type 74 and the anime abrams they introcued in 2013

>sekrit dokumints reveal that japs had type 74 with composite layers (not made up we swear xaxaxa)
>just do nothing and japan is perma cucked just like with jets

im going all in with the latter

>hit the tank with an HE shell
>HE is too weak to penetrate the armor
that's the main reason why the flakbus and M18 are so cancer, their armor just enough to stop all medium caliber HE they face, but are thin enough to not prime APHE rounds
it wouldn't be so bad if gaijin wasn't autistic and made the fuzes based off the effective armor and not the actual armor

>850 KE
>1430 HEAT
are you actually retarded

wtf you even on about?

did you even read what i posted?

are you fucking stupid?

Typy 74 G

The type 87 SPAAG uses a classified armor type and is based on the type 74. I wouldn't be surprised if they switched from steel to their classified armor type somewhere along the production of type 74s and just didn't tell anyone.

Patently untrue, dude, what the fuck.

I've ground out most of the burger line up to BR 7.7. I spent a LOT of time in the M18, and going up against so many panthers, tigers, T-34-85s, I can authoritatively state that I've had APHE shells blow up right in the middle of my vehicle all the fucking time. The number of times I had a shell penetrate all the way through with no explosion I could count on both hands.

STOP FUCKING UPTIERING ME YOU FUCKING FUCKS

US Mig-21 when Gaijin?

youtube.com/watch?v=reVZ9aPYi9A

After US MiG-15bis and -17.

why would you want that

what blessings has RNG bestowed upon you?

If everyone gets shermans and P-47s then the US should get other nation's most iconic vehicles. Tiger for US, T-34 for US, Me 262 for US, MiG-15bis for US.

>any of these
>blessings
waste of a talisman

should've kill more))))))

>implying leo and panther A are bad

The only Talisman I EVER got was for my M10. I was definitely pleasantly surprised; it's a good tenk.

Since then though it's been a non-stop parade of orders and 7500 Silver.

thats why i use coelian over kugelblitz, everybody keeps saying kugel is better. Slavs tanks are more easy to kill, all cramped up

Okay, what now?

now buy premium

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I think the point is they didn't pay for them...

you're autistic

>waah I used a vehicle more than one tier away from what I'm researching and I'm supposed to act to surprised
don't do shit like that if you don't want awful gainz you tardass

I've gotten two battle trophies since 2015 and both were backup vehicles. When battle trophies first came out I got a talisman for a P-26 and one for a B-25, those were the only memorable ones.

I'm trying to learn how to do Air Realistic. Is there some sort of repository that talks over the various objectives/maps?

I spawn in and I'm a clueless fuck.

The only objective that matters the vast majority of the time is shooting down all the other planes. Achieve this by flying either directly toward the enemy airfield if you're in a fast climber or about 30 degrees away from it if you're not.
The other "objectives" can be summed up as "kill enough ground/water targets or bomb enough bases such that your enemy's tickets drop to 0", but that only applies when you're winning and the last enemy flies to space instead of letting himself get shot down. Few games are ended this way, and only one in a hundred end that way without a clear victor on the field already.

So I should spawn in a fighter instead of a bomber or CAS? I'm a tank and air arcade shitter so...

>Captured Tiger II when?
I want to put a Kilroy was here decal on the side of the turret
also
Kilroy was Here! decal when?????

If you spawn in anything but a fighter or the handful of light bombers/attackers which can user their airstart to meme fighter kills, you are a detriment to your team. The prevalence of US strategic bombers is most likely responsible for the criminally low BRs of many US fighters; the fighters tend to lose because they're always at a numerical disadvantage (due to bomberspam), so they get downtiered until their performance is much higher than the enemy's to make up for it.

Why don't we make it actually realistic battles and just spend 60 minutes blowing up ground installations because the Luftwaffe is no more?

>that feel when you're learning German planes because you have to CAS shit in tank realistic
>but history is not on your side

Also, if I'm seeking to expand my tankery, if only to have more than one tank tree into tier 2, and I like the Germans, which other tree should I get into?

I have good air units for Brits, Japanese, and Americas, but I have more research in Russia than the other three.

russian tank tree

DED AND BROKEN GAME.

start up war thunder and queue up and then tab out and try to cum before you get a match (:

very fun ive been edging for 5 matches (: cant wait to finally get that sweet release