/mbg/ - Mount & Blade General

Varangian edition.

(Looted) thread: READ THE PASTEBIN BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS.

LATEST BANNERLORD INFO/VIDEOS:

Captain MP mode gamplay :
youtube.com/watch?v=c_3el4IAevg
youtube.com/watch?v=JaUBg7Ynmwk
youtube.com/watch?v=K92g8mtqXBE

Last blog:
taleworlds.com/en/Games/Bannerlord/Blog/23

OLDER BANNERLORD INFO/VIDEOS: See Pastebin/the sub-forum

PASTEBIN: pastebin.com/ZesXLTP3

M&B Wiki: mountandblade.wikia.com/wiki/Mount_and_Blade_Wiki

NOOB GUIDE: imgur.com/a/FMAqV

>user's mods and upstab guide:
pastebin.com/agwZu9Df

>/mbg/ Steamgroup
steamcommunity.com/groups/mountandbladevg

New Modules :
>Custom Troop Trees
moddb.com/mods/custom-troop-trees/downloads/custom-troop-trees-03092017
>CTT for Dickplomacy+Polygamy Bugfix
mega.nz/#!dgQSlKhY!qudd7noj5rQHfagLq-adDzn1c7X3HHawmA3TbCy0CH0

>"I made a mod recently or updated it. Wat do?"
Link to the OP in your post so that it might be easier to find for the one making the next OP (also for regular people).

Other urls found in this thread:

moddb.com/mods/enhanced-native-br
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

This is Rhodok soil

Fucking gloruous motherfuckers, I really hope that 935 mod or whatever it's called doesn't get abandoned.

The dude's started like 3 other mods and abandoned them though so I don't have my hopes up.

Infantry only Polearm of course.

FUCKING STOP

So what are chances it will be possible to improve weapons we craft in Bannerlord?
I want to make Excalibur and it would suck if it was as strong as any random sword

I think the bigger question is what kind of modifiers could we actually add to our weapons. Particularly if we could specialize our weapons or add in negative weapon modifiers to reallocate points (cannot use mounted for example)

I shall recreate this beauty and dub it the Mount and Blade. Hopefully I can rectify it's terrible speed stat by making it an infantry only weapon or something.

What's the deal with this 1257 mod?

Imagine a thrown weapon that looks and performs like a sword.

post your knigga

Shitty mod with no texture to the map, just a flat map. No trees. No hills. No nothing.
But since it is the only mod with a map of medieval europe people are obsessed with it despite it being mediocre, running like garbage, buggy as hell, retarted unit names, and no unit variety

t. Angry sandnigger

it's a great mod and one guy is shitposting about it because it's popular here so he's mad /mbg/ doesn't like perisno or whatever gay mod he likes

>The African natives with 26b staffs, 23 pierce bows, and no shields are giving me more trouble than the OP Elves
Having all ranged troops throw grenades probably helps this. Especially when they are so inaccurate that they tend to ignore a shield line anyways.

Even with Iron Flesh damage resistance and the higher than Native armor their 26b weapons are surprisingly good too. Having a unit with 10 Power Strike, 500 polearm prof, and 38 STR probably helps.

in nomine patris
amen

>false flagging shitposter strikes again
I have been one of the most active Perisno posters and also one of the most vocal defenders of 1257AD. Not certain why you go out of your way to promote off-topic discussion and make mod discussions as shitty as possible.

>horrible stat inflation
>it's always fantasyshit

>no unit variety

DON'T REPLY TO FRANKPOSTING, FALSFLAGGING SANDNIGGERS
FLAG FRANKPOSTING, FALSEFLAGGING SANDNIGGERS

Here's an interesting game:

Sum up Warband mods using a Spongebob quote

Start playing 1257.

>Dr. Fish: What happened?
>SpongeBob: I tripped on an ice cube and got covered in boo-boos.
>Dr. Fish: Boo-boos, eh? I think you need that hospital over there.
>SpongeBob: Weenie Hut General?

>ACOK

what is Brytenwalda and ACuck? Or was it ACock? Can't recall.

brytenwalda has tripping too but you can turn it off. ACOK has non-optional tripping even though nobody likes it.

Brytenwalda invented tripping, had the tripping exponentially higher, and the creator of the mod had to be pressured to both lower the rate of tripping and make it optional.

but at least he made it optional

finally a mod for /mbg/
moddb.com/mods/enhanced-native-br

I'd definetly love to see more of the crafting system, a bit more of the technical than the aesthetics. Also

>With some extra investment, it is possible to construct mangonel and ballista that shoot flaming arrows or burning jars of oil. Fire is a type of damage, just like Cut and Piece in the previous games, which is effective against wooden siege equipment, troops and horses.

Imagine the possibilities

Flaming Sword
Frosting Sword
Poisoned Sword

limitless

Well I guess one could definitely make a strong argument that ACOK is in it's own league for not allowing players to disable the tripping. Brytenwalda will always have special significance for opening (really creating the contents of) Pandora's box though.

I'd love for someone to mod into the game the ability to turn your weapon, so you can use the spike on a warhammer, the hook on the axe or even blunt sides on some swords. It'd be pretty sweet. Goddamn, imagine someone adding brawling to the game, or the ability to disarm your oponent. Too bad the game will never be released.

>Squillium: "Where's your band?"
>Squidward: "Um, they all died in a marching accident"

obsessed

UMA

That's been done for eons. Hell a similar system was in the vanilla game from what I recall.

What did Cozur mean by this?

it hasn't been done since WSE added functionality to it
closest prior and without WSE is this really

Being able to deploy more portable siege weapons (such as Roman Scorpions) onto field battles may be interesting. As would there being incentive to use the alternative damage types if armor is extremely potent to conventional physical damage.

How Bannerlord handles armor logic may be interesting as well. Cleave is certainly going to help make infantry play more enticing for those players scared to ever dismount but the other half of the general wariness towards fighting on foot is sloppy play leading to getting head shot KOed.

The additional damage types will definitely make for interesting fantasy mods.

What mod?

That would be great but I imagine it would come at a cost if the crafting system is designed well. Unless they increase the contrast between pierce/blunt I will likely just choose one damage type and amp up damage and speed as high as I can take it.

In the end the Poleweapon is likely to have thrust essentially built in anyways after all.

A Clash of Kings

Try not to fall and hurt yourself, like in real life.

Acock

There had better be lewd scenes, if I try it out.

Lol, nope.

Only lewd chat.

>Only lewd chat

Dickplo's lewd scenes should be the standard desu

lewd text would probably be far superior to the lewd scenes in Warwolf and Dickplomacy though

gib soz plz

wot

!!!

Are we posting these now?

wtf get out of this comfy general

>multiCockDescript

>blemishing the purity of your human form
Disgraceful

Playing that game as the beacon of human purity that must spread the seeds of humanity is the only way to play.

But yes when lacking in good interaction and physics text is best.

Theoretically, how difficult would it be to replace Dickplo's sex scenes with simple branch text scenes? I don't imagine it would be impossible, would it? Goddamn it I wish I knew the first thing about modding, I really want this now, it would be infinitely better than what we have now.

I mean, the Character Creation screens are branching text based choices, and there's already got to be some sort of flag that tells the game quickly whether the player is male or female because of the prejudice system, how much work would it actually be? Probably a ton, right? Especially to have randomly selected scenes for the player being raped, the same old text would get boring quickly if you're a scrub.

Guys.
Playing dickplomacy with ctt modified.
I get my own kongdom.
I try to customize my troops but I can only put prefix and screen show only my own avatar.
Send help.

There is little simpler from a programming PoV than modifying text. The real problem is likely just having someone with sufficient artistic talent and passion to write the lewd scenes. This is especially as if you were to follow the free roaming nature of M&B then the writer should be willing to be willing to write for multiple scenarios. One problem with Dickplomacy and most (all?) M&B lewd mods is that it basically only supports one specific type of lewd scenario.

Maybe just have /mbg/ write the scenes then, it's kind of our baby after all.

DED, as all vermin that don't serve as meatshields should be.

page 10

I wonder what "organic lubricant" that guy is talking about...
hmmmm

It doesn't have a Malta castle in it, or even Malta at all, despite its important central location

what's up with that

They'd have to write a sex scene for each of the companions, and one for each type of wife, and adultery scenes and rape scenes... hmmm

Imagine the fucking Deshavi sex scene

>Links are updated

You did good user, I appreciate you.

Slight update.

You mean the bickering about it? It's a good mod but a couple of people in this general have the smart mindset of considering everything or a 1/10-without-any-quality or a 10/10-fucking-perfect-0-flaw, with nothing in the middle. This case is the latter, and those fanboys get triggered as fuck when someone mention its empty and barren map because this mod must be the embodiment of perfection.

>the perma triggered fanboy is also a whiny shitposter.
Really surprising. Thanks for confirming my point about your mindset, though.

more of the former, since the muh empty map meme is as shitpost-worthy as fall backwards and trip or the names for boringblanda
the actual problems of the mod don't manifest until you actually play it

Would be fucking neat.

I found the stamina system FAR more crippling than walk backwards trip in Brytenwalda.
What actual problems though

>I found the stamina system FAR more crippling
probably because normally you can run everywhere for as long as possible so you have to manage that now
iirc athletics is capped at 5 in brytenwalda as well
>What actual problems though
lance recruitment falls apart later in the game, with lords getting troops they shouldn't have
endless defections thanks to diplomacy not letting lords leave the realm, horrible siege grind

D-Do you think Deshavi's an angry fuck or a secret sub

> You have to manage that

Yeah but the requirements are insane. I could barely run up to the wall in a siege and shoot a couple of arrows before I ended on my ass and had to hide for two minutes straight.

Doesn't matter your opinion about the mod, I was explaining that guy the reason of the recent map-related bickering. Some people can't even deal with some very light half-joke criticism about it without throwing a hissy fit, which ironically has lead more people to want to bait them, but it's not like they deserve any better.

This is more a case of someone making a baffling claim that the map is "empty" when it has more cities, fiefs and castles than any other mod due to the sheer size of it. It shows very little understanding of the mod at all, and is just as much a blatant shitpost as
>muh perfect mod
The one poster's claims of it being "flat" and "featureless" and laggy leads me to believe that he may have loaded the mod, experienced severe stuttering on the overmap, and decided it was shit.
These are far more reasonable complaints, as it actually shows that this person has at least played the mod for more than 10 minutes.

I'm playing Rome at War and enjoying it so I don't really give a fuck, just my 2 cents.
I could see her topping from the bottom for sure.

>This is more a case of someone making a baffling claim that the map is "empty" when it has more cities, fiefs and castles than any other mod due to the sheer size of it.
Don't try to play dumb, you perfectly know that they were talking about density and not sheer quantity. I swear, you fucking idiots really deserve to be baited to death by them.

to be fair athletics is more necessary in brytenwalda/VC anyway due to the infantry focus
i find it to be annoying if i've been knocked out in a previous fight and start low on health, since when i start running i get exhausted after about 10 seconds of running in VC anyway
i mean it's modded in so it's gunna be awkward but i think they did a decent job on it
forgot to mention that in order to get the militia to control the garrison and not have the garrison be at 0, you have to take control away and give it back, which causes a -10 relations drop with the town
so this can fuck your relations essentially permanently with a town if you have to recapture it multiple times, which you will for a lot of the towns
>I'm playing Rome at War and enjoying it
been meaning to but i can't stop playing VC
RaW does look like the best/most complete rome mod, though bellum is pretty impressive size-wise

>Rome at War
multiplayer mods get the fuck out

I'm not playing dumb. It's a dumb claim, the map is far from empty. I'm sorry someone gets their panties in a bunch that it takes more than a day to travel across Europe. 1257 has plenty of problems, but lacking locations, i.e. being "empty" is wrong.

You seem to know a lot about these poster's intentions, mister "totally not the guy that's been shitposting."
I never played Bellum, is it good? I think I tried it before and for some reason Rome was just plopped down in the middle of the Native map, and I never bothered trying to figure out what happened.

RaW is pretty good, if unfinished. I haven't gotten around to vassal play, I'm enjoying roaming around and fighting for the different factions as a merc, it's really my favorite way to play the game overall honestly.

Athletics isn't 100% necessary without Stamina, even on foot. It sucks without it but you can make due without

>RaW
>MP
You're confused, retard, you're thinking on Bellum Civii or whatever it's called, RaW is the early King-era Rome mod set in around 300bc. It's got Macedonia and Sparta and Athens and all that neat stuff. You should try it.

*thinking of Bellum Civii

*post king-era Rome

I should go to bed.

I don't think you're really grasping his point about density vs total number of locations. Another thing that needs to be noted with 1257 is that they completely removed all villager parties from the game to make it playable, so it's empty in the sense of parties roaming around compared to Native and just about every other mod.

How does the normal OR lance recruitment work without villages?

bellum wasn't that good it was just big, it's based off brytenwalda code
makes a big difference, you kinda need those points in athletics

I love how you keep trying to avoid the fact that they were clearly talking about density by resorting to a bunch of completely useless and unrelated words about sheer quantity but then you admit it with this sarcastic shit "I'm sorry someone gets their panties in a bunch that it takes more than a day to travel across Europe.". You were playing dumb and now you are desperately playing dumb.

>You seem to know a lot about these poster's intentions, mister "totally not the guy that's been shitposting."
Yeah, it's really hard to understand that density can annoy some people, it's not something completely predicable and obvious, I need to be one of them or a super computer genius to know it.
I don't give a single fuck about baiting in general, even less about baiting retards like you. Seeing you getting hysterical and unreasonable is what I consider a fucking pathetic show, but, please, keep resorting to convenient conjectures to try to save face.

Jesus that's huge.

Can someone post the map of Rome at War 2 mod? I can't find it anywhere.

There are still villages, just no villagers roaming around the map
No I get it, it's still stupid.
I like how you're defending some "random" shitposter and pretending like saying a map is empty is the same as saying the things on the map are too far apart. You sure are getting awful booty blasted for someone who doesn't really care.

This is getting embarrassing user. I don't even have a problem with 1257, we're just explaining to you what people mean and you're getting really upset and defensive about it.

Does anyone even bother interacting with villagers? They don't have shit on them worth stealing and the consequences are way too big for the non-reward.

The only use for the wandering villagers to me are recruiting them once you save them from bandits.

only reason to interact with world map villagers is to start conflict with a faction, since by default you can't loot and burn a village until you attack one of their parties (villagers, caravan, lord)
they have a crucial part in the economy, and without them the economy relies entirely on caravans

>Try to get with a lady
>despite him liking me for saving his life, dad doesn't like that I've gone behind his back and told me not to speak of courting her to him again

Is it a case of raising his opinion of me to change his mind, or am I straight fucked now?

>Frosting Sword

Man, I love your works of art.

Elope and make amends with him later.

Is this some sort of meme where you draw people's typos?