So I totalled my car and got a Wrangler as a replacement. I have a question for those of you who own one of these...

So I totalled my car and got a Wrangler as a replacement. I have a question for those of you who own one of these, how the fuck do you manage and why are they so fucking expensive? Now this isn't my first F/R solid axle car, I used to own a WJ and that was super comfortable. But this, this is just ridiculous. Even trundling around the parking lot is awful, not to mention my highway trip to work every day when I the wayward chassis makes everything feel like the car could go any direction at any time. Now I can understand why the interior is spartan, why the ergonomics are big and chunky, and why there is wind noise and etc etc, but I've driven plenty of F/R solid axle cars (G500, F250, etc) to know that these cars CAN handle better and be more comfortable.

Are all Wrangler owners sado-masochistic?

Attached: wrangler.jpg (640x480, 38K)

What kind of Wrangler did you get?

Unlimited sport

Jeeps are traditionally spartan, but post-TJ they're turning more and more into soccer mom SUV's. I like my TJ because it has all the comforts I'm used to, plus it doesn't have all the GPS shit inside of it and I can repair almost anything inside it.

If you wanted a comfy ride, Jeeps are a poor place to start, but they really are good vehicles. Just stay away from JK's.

Attached: Jeep-CJ-Wrangler-ride-guide2-666x1024.png (666x1024, 654K)

I think the Wrangler is unbearably uncomfortable because Jeep thinks that is what the owners want. And the JK was such an improvement over the TJ that the TJ has since become irrelevant.

>. Even trundling around the parking lot is awful, not to mention my highway trip to work every day when I the wayward chassis makes everything feel like the car could go any direction at any time

did you not test drive it? lwb wranglers are stable compared to YJs and TJs.

check your tire pressure i guess, dealers tend to over-inflate. but it's a jeep dude, they're universally shitty at highway speeds, this is common knowledge

Attached: File Feb 20, 9 57 24 PM.jpg (4032x3024, 2.3M)

It's not a mommy car, man up and take it off-road, you'll understand exactly why it's designed like this.

Attached: 1418824936918.jpg (285x298, 37K)

There are a lot of cars that are just as capable offroad that are far more comfortable

>buy chink fca
>be surprised it's shit

wheel keeps on turnin

Love my jeep TJ pic related

Attached: jeep.jpg (600x600, 161K)

Tell me about the YJ, please

it has leaf springs instead of coils

I don't know why people buy jeeps to commute in them when they aren't even needed for driving on beat to shit logging trails in the rocky mountains and in their stock form is not a good choice for rock crawling.

Basically, what's the point of a stock jeep used for regular car shit? Just take your civic up mountains.

Attached: IMG_0018.jpg (2016x1512, 1.12M)

Yeah, it's pretty bouncy, anything else?

Shit, he's found us out. Shut it down.

I know so many girls that want a Wrangler as they're daily. I've asked them, have you ever driven one for more than 10 minutes? Because it's a shit "car". It's a good off-road vehicle to begin with and a great base to build on, but it's shit at driving around town and on the highway.

Why would you ask someone if they've driven their daily driver for more than 10 minutes? That's some likely autism you got there. Don't tell people their cars are shit you jackass, just suggest people get something better if they're actively looking to purchase a car.

>tfw women want more masculine cars than the soyboys on here

Attached: manchild.jpg (600x364, 23K)

I can do whatever I'd like. Making women second guess their decisions is fun as fuck, especially when it comes to something as crucial as their manufactured identity

The only reason they do it is because they want to be seen as independent and tough and masculine. Wranglers suck to drive, and women know it, but it's better to die than to accept that you're not as tough as you want everyone to believe.

I have a base model two door, softtop, manual that I use for driving around my property. It's a horrible machine.

Anything above 35mph feels like you're in a ww2 bomber plane.

You sure can do whatever you like, just know you look and sound like some hyper autismo super sperg while doing it. I'm sure you leave those women are trembling in their boots once you've destroyed their carefully crafted identities by pointing out their shitty cars.

YJs are the only vehicles I've ever owned. It was the first model to sport any kind of interior accomodation, like an actual dashboard. It was the last to use leafspring suspension (I believe). They're rugged and built for off-roading; they're not built for comfort. The model was designed after Chrysler acquired AMC, so their stock engines -- which are built very well mind you, but are often replaced with V8s -- use cheap Chrysler parts. There's a lot of room under the hood. Avoid the 4-cyl. like a fat dyke with a "DON'T ASSUME MY GENDER" t-shirt unless you plan to replace the engine.You can customize YJs cheaply in pretty much any way limited only by the scope of your imagination. They're probably the cheapest model you can find on Craigslist.

>posted from my stock silver Honda CRV

Stop consuming soy.

The wrangler is not just designed to be impressively capable off-road like the Range Rover, it's designed to do all what the Range can do, everyday of its life, every mile of its odometer.

Attached: AIR-310-1321.jpg (1000x800, 259K)

>it's designed to do all what the Range can do
if it moves under it's own power without pissing oil it's already more capable than a Range

>t. virgin

not a real jeep

Oh, and keep in mind the body is very light. You can drive circles in the mud around truckfags that are at least two feet deep and immobilized.

>die
The rollcage is actually very effective at preventing this; it can't save stupid drivers from rolling their Jeeps though.

Stock for stock a range rover is more capable

More capable of failure and being stupidly expensive to repair, yes.

Nahhh you know it's true. Better suspension, engines, traction management, everything

No, Nigel.

Sure, but try rock-climbing everyday in the Range-Rover vs the Wrangler

Yes because Jeeps are renowned for their extreme dependability aren't they?

compared to a fucking range rover they are.

I ask them that when we are talking about cars and they tell me they want a Wrangler for their next vehicle. I don't go out of my way to tell people who already own one that it's shit.

It's penis jealousy. They want to be more manly. Men who aren't confident and have lower testosterone levels also feel the need to drive more masculine vehicles.
My current gf of over 2 years told me I can never sell my AW11 and I taught her to drive stick in it. For reference I'm 6'4" and fit. Her ex was 5'9" and drove a lifted F250 with demon eyes and light bars that rolled coal. She also said he has a really small dick and that he was super shitty at fucking.

Attached: IMG_20171030_124907.jpg (2622x1825, 2.37M)

>>compared to a fucking range rover they are.
Uhm try again sweety

Attached: VDS-chart.jpg (1020x1360, 204K)

wow this is fun

Attached: 2016_vds_rank_1.jpg (720x960, 80K)

really fun

Attached: 2015-jdpower.jpg (720x960, 126K)

Attached: 7373733738.jpg (4000x1569, 404K)

how many rovers sold vs jeeps? i'll wait.

Nigger does it really matter? they're both pretty much bottom of the barrel in dependability and quality, LR is a little less shit in 2017+ but that's really not saying much

What kind of sissified bitch complains about ride quality? Grow a pair faggot

kek. They can't even make it to the Yoga studio without eating a supercharger.

Attached: tampon-red-background[1].jpg (600x400, 23K)

>tfw when you daily a 2012 fiat 500

The 2012s aren't this shit are they? Mine hasn't been unreliable at all.

Attached: 1520655990291.png (808x805, 442K)

Well, yeah, they are. That's largely why they remain popular year-to-year. But like any vehicle in 2018, bewer models tarnish that legacy. Weren't Rovers discontinued? Perhaps they won't have to worry about that anymore. :)

You didn't think this one through, user.

>2012 Grand Cherokee
Why did you enter into an argument over Wranglers if you've no fucking idea what they even are?

>Grand cherokee
Sweety...

>Please stop, it doesn't matter, none of this matters... please...

Attached: 1520826366398.gif (200x200, 2.44M)

Get different tires

Ironic because they’re mostly driven by women

I don't understand this

the willys JK I drove felt like a soft, numb, luxurious land barge that hardly moved, like exactly the kind of car a soccer mom mcmansion dweller would LOVE

the thing with fiat always was and is: the smallest simple ones are ok, forget the rest

Insecure faggot.

man idk what sort of thing you drove but this Jeep is terrible. thankfully it's just a rental til i buy my next car

>2016/17/18 studies
what a huge know-nothing shit dick. oh "JD power" says a 2017 is reliable, awesome what about 10 years/100k miles from now?

I get a fuck ton of snow and ice so they're popular here for towing, 4wd, and being stylish