/utg/ - Undertale General

The Adventures of Turtle and Fish Edition

Previous Timeline: Spoilers ahead, proceed at your own Frisk.

-The Game
>store.steampowered.com/app/391540/
>undertale.com/
>store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/undertale/cid=UP3893-CUSA08801_00-TFSHVCUTPS400084 On PS4 and Vita Now!
>fangamer.com/products/undertale-ps4-vita Physical and Collector's editions ship late September!

-The Demo
>undertale.com/demo/

-Artbook
>pastebin.com/1MRmU0Gk

-Booru
>under.booru.org/

-Recommendbin
>pastebin.com/fsqd5Sa6

-Writebin
>pastebin.com/UCr5qFpc

-Fangamebin
>pastebin.com/ZHASpj9h

-Steam Group
>steamcommunity.com/groups/undertalegen

-Flockdraw
>flockmod.com/undertale

-Zeemap
>zeemaps.com/map?group=1873782

-Shimejibin
>pastebin.com/YFEGhgxY

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abaddon
youtu.be/yDpiiR-aQ8E?t=227
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

i love lizard

I like this goat!

I like those characters too.

>I love this lizard minus any of her flaws which I blame on other characters
What you meant to say judging by the last thread

I want to show loli Undyne that in this world it's dick or be dicked!

Even he knows that costume is ill-fitting

This stupid whore comes up to you and ruins the fucking timing puzzle.
What do you do?

Blame it all on another character instead so I can like my waifu guilt free

Soriel is on a roll tonight.

Reminder that upon integration with human society the goats transition from aristocrats to members of the bourgeoisie class that is to be dismantled.

Creating Godzilla was indeed a mistake

Reminder that Asriel is a piece of shit and the only character to never be saved.

is summer over yet?

I thought so, but the last couple days have made me rethink that.

I'm sorry I just want everything to be good again. I don't belong here any more [/ spoiler]

Dude, just calm the hell down and stop taking this entire general so goddamn seriously. 90% of your problems with it with vanish in an instant.

utg was never good

Yes. Quite a while ago in fact.

>I'm sorry I just want everything to be good again
Things were never good.

And reminder that this statement will always be an incontrovertible fact.

Reminder that the reason Asriel deserves to suffer is because every single bad thing in the game is his fault for going through with the murder plan and betraying Chara. That's why he doesn't get a happy ending despite every other character getting one. So don't waste your time feeling sad for him since not even his creator thinks he's worth caring about

please post more frisk

Here

I still feel bad for him though.

Asrielcucks will deny this simple truth

the goats are never gone
little tubby goats
little chubby goats

Most adorable Undertale.

He said Frisk, not Light Yagami

You aren't suppose to. He earned his fate and only has himself to blame for being a coward and betraying his family. If it hadn't been for him Asgore would never have killed anyone, Toriel would never have let children die, Sans would never have lost the will to live and Chara wouldn't have been able to do genocide.

Undyne should stop doing vaguely sexual things to that kid.

this frisk came with a goat

Don't feel bad for losers.

thank god, this is better than i could have hoped for

frisk should never leave goat anyway and they should love each other and be gay for each other since they're both males, but frisk is pretty androgynous even when older

She's just showing them what they're having for dinner.

Asriel is dead and it's canon that Frisk abadons him to his well deserved fate. Pretending otherwise like this is pathetic

I still feel sympathy for him, stuck in a terrible situation where every choice was varying amounts of shit. He got punished, he's remorseful, I see no reason why I can't feel sympathy towards him.

dumb charafag, asriel isn't even dead
>abadons him

cute

>I see no reason why I can't feel sympathy towards him
It's a complete waste of time and energy?

They've been pretending this long. No reason to stop now.

>replying

He had a lot of very good choices he could have made but choose to make the bad ones. He doesn't deserve your sympathy anymore than any other serial killer with a bad childhood does. To waste your effort in caring about him is to sput in the eyes of all the people that he hurt for choosing to betray his family

>abadon
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abaddon

>asriel isn't even dead
You''re right about that. Death would at least be peaceful.

His fate is MUCH worse.

I didn't like that timeline very much. So I reset and killed everyone. Now I have nothing to worry about.

It's pretty funny that Asrielfags hype up Asriel as bring the best most moral character but in the end he is still the only one who has to keep paying for his crimes and gets a fate worse than death. Guess in the end the world disagrees with them

>the world
Or at the very least a small white dog.

[goat alert]

Sympathy doesn't work in a way that you sit down and intensely sympathize for half an hour.

He chose to atone as much as he could, is remorseful and his action have a net positive impact for generations to come, at the cost of his happiness. That's reason enough for me to feel sympathy, even with all the things he did.

>Sympathy doesn't work in a way that you sit down and intensely sympathize for half an hour
Usually the thing you're feeling sympathy toward can feel it back. At this point it's like having pity for a rock. Pointless.

An empty void is a pretty boring place to spend an eternity in. You run out of mental tic-tac-toe and chess games in just a couple days.

I fear we are reaching critical levels of goat!

Creator has final say about his characters and Toby didn't think Asriel was worth saving. In the end that's the only truth that matters, no matter how much bad fanart they draw, or boring fanfics they write or even fangames they program, in the end Asirel will never he saved and it was all for nothing. Just another lie they've built their life around.

He didn't atone for anything and his life still has done more negative than good. He ruined d the life of his parents and his best friend and the lives of everyone underground that didn't make it. In the end all he did was set up the conditions to allow everyone to die, both human and monster. His entire life and legacy was a waste

I can feel sympathy for priceless art pieces being destroyed, or a pirate ship 'dying' in a cartoon, which is just as pointless in your view. It's just a thing people do, doesn't need detailed explanation.

I don't see how there's a bigger chance of everyone dying if monsters peacefully emerge from Ebott, instead of the slaughtering of a village, followed by the threat of a nigh-omnipotent god with two children at the helm. You'll have to run me through on this one.

we can go further

Genocide is only possible because of Asriel's actions. At the end of the day every that occurred in the game was because he was too much of a spinless piece of shit.

It's why he doesn't deserve to be happy and why you guys are so pathetic for defending him.

That's not really true though. Genocide is possible because Chara fell, because of the war, because of the barrier existing in the first place. There's nothing preventing any human from wreaking havoc on monsters, that's like blaming gravity for pulling Chara down into Ebott, instead of letting them float.

I don't feel the need to defend him, he doesn't defend himself either. I just feel sympathy for him, that's all.

more goat
fat

>64 / 31 / 15 / 1
>64 / 15
heh
no

Asriel's actions are what directly got Chara killed and it's their fault Chara is able to blow up the world. He was a-okay with everyone dying until his own ass was on the line.
Genocide is directly his fault and he doesn't deserve your pity and it's an insult to everyone else to give it.

I don't understand this line of logic. That would make the entire buttercup plan the fault of the human magicians, for creating a situation making it necessary to combine a human and monster soul.

The peace of mind is worth the sacrifice.

Infinite emptiness alone is not something I'd call peace, it's a recipe for complete insanity.

It's a pity we're so close to the end. You're a great reality-check.

What is it about the joy of others that pisses you off so much?

>which is just as pointless in your view
No. You feel sympathy for art because of what it represents. You feel sympathy for a cartoon pirate ship because you've grown attached.

But this is different. You are wasting your time.

I've grown attached to Asriel thanks to learning his full story and the bad decisions and sacrifice it represents. How is that different?

Then I guess I'm just crazy. But it's not like Chara intends us to stay there forever.

>How is that different?
Because you're sympathizing with something that doesn't exist anymore. Not destroyed, not killed - erased. Or, perhaps "replaced" is a more accurate term.

Best ship, canon post TP

the ship is friendship

There's no world to go to though, there's just complete emptiness you've helped create. Moving onto a next world would mean bringing it back, but then you once again have all those problems all over again. So then you decide to destroy everything, but once again there's the push for the next world. So you recreate it and all the problems are there again.

What's joyful about lying to yourself all day?

That's not entirely accurate. "Move on to the next" is meta Tobyspeak for play another fucking game. Because you're finished with Undertale.

In fact, you're only "punished" if you try and return to the world you destroyed.

Erasing would mean they never existed in the first place. That's not the case. The sympathy exists when I'm reminded of them. It's the entire story of Asriel that makes my sympathize, not just the very end.

But it's Chara talking? Chara is not Toby, it doesn't say that's Tobyspeak. Chara is a character within Undertale and they want to go to a next world, but the only next world is recreation.

You're lying to yourself on purpose, because you refuse to accept the situation. You've said it before, you drove yourself to genocide because the other ending isn't perfect for everyone. So you're also lying to yourself that genocide is better, rather than just accepting the loss and moving on.

When did Asrielfags become bigger cucks than dadfags?

>The sympathy exists when I'm reminded of them. It's the entire story of Asriel that makes my sympathize, not just the very end
That's fine, I suppose. You're just a fool is all.

>rather than just accepting the loss and moving on
I still prefer my solution. Because it works.

>But it's Chara talking?
And Chara also says weird shit like this.

Asgore can get a happy ending so they're probably getting it all out of their systems just in time for the second anniversary to crush their hopes for good.

>and they want to go to a next world, but the only next world is recreation.
That doesn't make sense, because they say they want to move on to the next before they decide to recreate the world. Chara is a sort of metaphor for completionism and leveling, that applies to many games.

But then how much Chara is Chara? Where does Chara end and Toby begin? Was there ever a Chara, or is it Toby that does the end of Genocide?

>I still prefer my solution. Because it works.
You prefer going insane in the infinite emptiness. Isn't that also lying to yourself, that everything is fine?

But they're also an in-universe character. See how confusing this shit can get?

>Chara is a sort of metaphor for completionism and leveling, that applies to many games.
So they are not a character then? Where is the separation? They cannot know what's beyond the borders of the game, how would that be possible?

>Isn't that also lying to yourself, that everything is fine?
No, because everything is fine. Can't SAVE Asriel? He's dead anyway. No Hard Mode? Universe is erased, don't care. Unraveling the mysteries behind Gaster? Everything's just as nonexistent as he is now. Want to FIGHT Toby Fox? He's probably dead, too. Hopefully.

See? Everything is fine.

But that leaves you. The only remaining source of problems.

>The only remaining source of problems
The point is we all have to move on at some point. That's inevitable. The only real choice we have is how we want to leave the world. You can either leave it as happy as it can possibly be, somewhere in between, or a pristine black nothingness.

I picked the third option, and I see no reason to go back.

youtu.be/yDpiiR-aQ8E?t=227

I like them.

But how do you present this as a good or moral choice, when you're actually performing the ultimate selfishness?

The edge is strong with this one.

All this blabber is just that. Talk. Words. Hot air. Want to know how everyone here knows? Ask yourself one question: Why are you here?

Who said I ever was? I fully admit my decision is 100% selfish - it benefits literally nobody but me. When I tried to pass it off as some twisted form of mercy, I was lying to myself. But now I've fully come to terms.

>Why are you here?
Killing time until the 15th. Then I'll watch the reaction here when it turns out to be a whole lot of fucking nothing, then I'll leave.

I really liked Undertale. More so than I think I have any other game I've played. That's why it's had this weird effect on me.