/r6g/ - Rainbow Six General

Blackout edition

DO NOT BUY THE STARTER EDITION
(To find out why, read OP FAQ right below this, under "Which edition should I buy?" section)

>/r6g/ FAQ, Guide, and Links (Newfriends, read this first before asking questions)
pastebin.com/Wi0PwtYw

>Stat Checking
r6stats.com/
game-rainbow6.ubi.com/en-us//player-statistics//multiplayer

>/r6g/ OP Pastebin & Groups
pastebin.com/gWcgwQyJ
Steam: steamcommunity.com/groups/R6GO
PS4: Add dazint8
Xbone: Add IMadSpykeI

>/r6g/ Drawfriend Gallery
r6gdrawfriends.booru.org

>Teamspeak for /r6g/ operations
OperatorOperations.teamspeak.host
The password is: Operations
IP address: 159.203.29.41:9988

>Official News & Known Issues
Operation Blood Orchid (Hong Kong) is out now.
youtube.com/watch?v=93jV9004foc
rainbow6.ubisoft.com/siege/en-GB/updates/bloodorchid/index.aspx
Poland map has been canceled. GROM operators are being released together with HK and SK operators.

Flawless victory:

i want to inhale IQs foot perfume!

First for Mira is best girl

reminder

I fucking hate this place

last lan was actual lan 1ms

WHY THE FUCK ARE LESION'S TRAPS ARE UNDETECTABLE BY SIGHT OR SOUND
WHO AT UBI THOUGH THIS WAS A GOOD IDEA

>not even first
ya blew it

The game looks like shit now.
Temporal Filtering when?

Now you HAVE to use IQ :^)

when you stop being a poorfag and upgrade your pc, dumbass.
I kid. they really do need to bring it back

Whats their excuse for removing it?

I'm glad to know that Irma is projected to fuck off from me so i can play siege.

They're really not high-impact enough for their invisibility to be a HUGE problem, but if they don't make at least one part of the traps less invisible when the mid-season hits, we're gonna have problems.
At least for now drones are really good at sniffing them out, and late-game Thatchers with surplus grenades will have more usefulness.

>be plat in OPHEALTH
>derank to gold 3 because for casual
>im now gold3 for OPHEALTH
what happened to highest rank achieved in a season?

They want to separate AA settings from render resolution settings. It was said in the same post that they will be introducing a render scale slider, that of course they didn't implement yet.

They're changing the way they handle dynamic resolution or some shit, like the render scaling that BF and a lot of other games has, and it's naturally incompatible with temporal filtering. I don't really get it though, they're fixing shit that isn't broken at that point.

people actually use those?

Lesion can still pick his trap up, even though it's supposedly buried into the ground.

Lesion will be instalock every defensive round no matter the situation until they make his trap visible.

>tfw 980 Ti doesn't have enough VRAM for Ultra HD Textures

I would have preferred better lighting anyways.

It's a pretty useful thing. For poorfags like me it lets us actually play the game. For people with a descent rig, you can downsample and the game looks more clean.

>even though it's supposedly buried into the ground
nigga what.
they cloak, like Echo's shit.
Do you have eyes? Have you actually seen the traps or are you just talking out your ass?

Hey guys! Long time lurker and I just wanted to pop in and say I'm having very fun in this game!!!

The Ultra textures are a meme anyways.
you'll only notice them if you stare at your viewmodels instead of paying attention and playing the game.
They barely even affect most of the environment, if at all from what I can tell.
You're not missing out on anything, just slower load times.

It turns out I still get huge FPS drops in the benchmark anyways.

Turns out the game just isn't well optimized.

Also, is being anywhere near the objective room still a bad idea for defense?

>enjoying Siege
>in /r6g/
what kind of advanced shitposting is this?
Nice to hear that user. Don't let the debbie-downers here get to you.

Most objectives, you want to start with one or two guys anchoring on the objective, and the other 3 roaming at varying distances but contracting closer to the objective as time goes on. Having a bunch of guys in the objective room is just asking to be Fuzed.

4th dimensional shitposting.

I'll be treating her to the Blood Orchid uniform soon.

Also I've spotted multiple lesion traps without seeing them thrown or using IQ today alone. They don't have the same distortion in their active camo as Yokai does, but you can certainly see them under the right light, especially Kanal day time.

Also hot breaching on hostage with Ying is the most satisfying thing ever. Just being able to swing into the hostage room while your flashes go off and snag the hostage is an amazing feeling

>5th placement match
>sucking assholes
>some guy carried first three rounds, then lose four in a row
>fucking HATE when I'm the only person on my team doing shit
>kick it into high gear, make it up for doing nothing most of the game along with some other guy
>win two rounds in a row and the match is ours
So far I've won 5 out of six placements, I really hope the next few go well after how shitty Operation Health went for me.

>the game just isn't well optimized.
Yes and no.
The GPU-heavy shit in the game can get bumped up pretty damn high without eating your framerate much, but in the end it's a very, very CPU intensive game. You have a good CPU? If you don't, you're in for a rough time.
>sound propogation
>destruction and debris physics
>shit-tons of high-res dynamic lighting
It runs great for how it looks once you get a decent CPU, but before that it'll bottleneck like crazy and even a 1080 won't be able to get you the frames you want.

>you can certainly see them under the right light, especially Kanal day time.
Definitely true, but there are too many spots with the "wrong light" for that to be a good argument against how hard they are to see edging on bullshit.
But at the same time, with them being weak in the damage department and more focused on utility, I'd rather them be a little too hard to see than too easy.
Ela's traps are the real bullshit ones desu, there's nothing you can do about them most of the time, even when you know where they are. You either find another route or you tank the stun, and it's a fucking brutal stun.

>>shit-tons of high-res dynamic lighting
Isn't the only dynamic light source is a bomber in t-hunt?

almost have 25k who should I get?
5 decides

Ela

Cap

Jackal

The engine is supposed to be capable of it but they got rid of it I assume to reduce GPU cost.
I'd rather have dynamic lights over high-res textures desu. Just look at how good FEAR looks even today.

wow
these upgrades servers and improved hitreg really did its job!

Why is there no Blood Orchid uniform pack?

I swear all the previous ones had packs to own the uniform for every operator.

Have fun, he did just get a small buff too

Did you play on several data centers? You still might have that plat on other data centers

>forgot about Jackals buff
>panic after second location ping
>run forward and die

Other seasons had headgear packs, this is the first time they've done Seasonal uniforms.

only EU
but its a rainbow6 website bug i guess because, in-game i've got the platinum charm

alright then jackal it is

Nah, if you have shadows on medium or higher there are a lot of spots where you can see player-cast shadows, which is why that's the lowest you ever want to put that setting. Along with that with the lights flicker out when Ying and Thatcher's shit goes off, but I think those ones work that way even on low.
Those lights you can shoot to make flicker too, but nothing more. Won't let us go full Sam Fisher, but probably for the better.

They didn't get rid of dynamic lighting, they got rid of some "dynamic lighting system" that partially lit the environment using the skybox (which is why we got new skyboxes when they got rid of it), which also apparently included the hefty adaptive exposure that everyone always complained about.
If I were to guess, It was probably a leftover from Assassin's Creed that they didn't put the effort into gutting out of the engine until now.

I'm getting some really clueless people in my games, is it because of them being placement matches?
Really pissing me off how people have no idea how to take specific sites and how they just wonder off alone to random parts of the map and die.

You won't notice them unless you are playing at very high resolutions, and no matter what PC you have, they make load times really long.
Plus, the fact that the game goes from 28GB to 71.

>spawn as mute, run to nearest door
>modem hits ground
>"opfor has found the objective"

>Plus, the fact that the game goes from 28GB to 71.
are you retarded?

And I thought I had the worst connection ever. I'm still starting though fucking hell.

>Using AK on Fuze
If you don't use LMG you're a faggot

Fuze's LMG is surprisingly good

>ever using an LMG or a shotgun on attack
Please tell me you're not in EU so I can play without the fear of having a shitter like you in my team

he's almost retarded, but not quite. The game used to go up to 71 when you used Ultra textures, but Blood Orchid downsized both the base game and Ultra Textures to the size you see there.

What's wrong with you, going for a clean desktop but keeping the Recycle Bin icon?

yo, sauce on the wallpaper? I recognize the artist, but it's been ages since I've seen their work so I don't remember the name for shit.

wait, they changed Fuze LMG's viewmodel or whatever its called?

wait 400 rounds since when?

>shotgun
You're mostly right
>LMG
>implying more dakka is ever a bad thing
Really though, Capitao's is the only straight up braindead option of all the LMGs. If you can control the recoil on any of them their suppressive abilities work great on Attack.

oh shit they did,
Fuck, I need to check the aug, they might've fucked with that too.

A lot of weapons got an extra mag or two yesterday.

since this patch.
I swear it's almost like half of /r6g/ doesn't know how to read.

you can't make this shit up.
does google want me to go to jail?

Can anyone here give me some tips and tricks to start using the new ops effectively? I really like legion and his spike men.

Did the servers just die or something?

neat
i just haven't read the patch notes yet

>tfw how trash Ela's mines are
they basically do nothing, can still see everything going on easily

So now that we've got 3 suppressable auto/semi-auto shotties in the game, when are we getting a suppressed pump action? We're long overdue.

For easy access. I delete and recover stuff a lot.
I think it's Homunculus judging from the art style.

i think it prevents the dazed opfor from sprinting

thats not the point of the mines
they are pretty good

>slowed movement
>capped sensitivity
>trash
yeah, you may be able to see a lot more than you would with Echo's sonic bursts, but you sure as shit won't be able to shoot back to retaliate if you get pounced on after they go off. Unless you're already holding the angle they push you from before you even get stunned, which is unlikely.

headshot percentage is 4.67% bls send help

Some of you are posting here and you can't even beat all the situations. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAA

>I think it's Homunculus
That's the name, thanks mate.

>people actually thought any of the new ops wold be mets
LOL what a bunch of retards

>Not understanding that Lesion is the new meta.

There reall is no hope for you, user.

Jokes on you I beat it all in Realistic. Took me a day though.

stopped at 9/11 on purpose still makes me chuckle every now and again

Ying is honestly so shit
I had a tiny bit of hope that maybe her flashes wouldn't as useless as regular flashes, but no, they suck just like every other flash effect in the game.

did someone say mets?

>servers are literally melting.

Well, so much for operation health.

smoke mains on suicide watch LOL

her flashes are pretty good mate,
you're just shit at capitalizing on them

so is this game fixed?

does it play better that pre patch?

>want to play the new ops
>dont want to give ubisoft my shekels
pls hurry up and be next week

(you)-starved shitposters on suicide watch LMAO

Flashes, including Ying's are only good if you have them pop right on top of someone.
In that case you could've just used a fucking frag grenade instead.
Or a Capitao bolt, which can even bypass the autistic German mans space tech point defense device.

>triggered smoke main
enjoy being useless

yeah, for sure. Feels much more responsive, and it looks a lot better now too once you tweak your settings and brightness a bit, but people will say otherwise because of the "fuck Ubi/Ubishit" bandwagon and general community bias clouding their judgement.
inb4 "ubishill"

now that Valk is actually hot, think ima start maining her.
What uniform/headgear looks best for her?

@188454123
hey, thanks for the (you) buddy, those are in rare supply now that all of the newfags are getting wise.

Is the blood orchid uniforce universal?

so now that the supernova is better than the sas shotgun should people who play smoke move on?

No. You buy it per-operator.

Haven't found time to play yet, how is the new map guys?

edgy valk best valk

do you ever get bored of posting the same thing over and over again