docs.google.com/document/d/1eKXbdEr6jnTG5DcMQX2qcMlsmYQ8hO6Sl3-sySYpHR4/pub

>DARK SOULS 2
pastebin.com/FiDXYjfs

>DARK SOULS
pastebin.com/Rtb5w9yS

>DEMON'S SOULS
pastebin.com/tehcGm75

>BLOODBORNE
docs.google.com/document/d/1sItpr6PHpoEiFbtFIBtPO4UNeNEpxuztHteANTJRHDU/edit#heading=h.od90ylbez0rz
Bloodborne discussion is welcome here, but you'll get more help in their general: >KING'S FIELD
pastebin.com/G8zw0sc3

>COMMUNITY
Discord (READ THE README BEFORE JOINING): discord.gg/C3AX2Hk
Player list: pastebin.com/9hG50KHX
Steam group: steamcommunity.com/groups/DarkSoulsGeneral

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mo3nDUA3KWs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

One of my fragrant branch went missing?
I bought 1 from hag
I found 1 in Bastille after pursuer.
I found 1 in Wharf near a breakable wall
I found 1 after Lost Sinner
I found 1 in Earthen Peak
I used 1 for Ruin Sentinals
I used 1 to free pyro lady
I only have 2 in inventory?

>those areolas
what the hell, man

>when later? because it isn't patched in SotFS
It was patched a few weeks after SOTFS's release.

The current durability is the intended durability. It was MUCH worse on release, most weapons could not last between bonfires. Now durability is only a concern with deliberately low durability weapons like twinblades or the foot soldier sword.

It's an ARPG.

means she gave birth to something
DEEPEST LORE

meant for

not him but From is a "Western" style developer in Japan. They make "westaboo" games like AC or King's Field or Dark Souls that are clearly Japanese games but stylized like a western genre.

Morning, /dsg/.
Who's off work today?

Well I pirated sotfs on release and never got the patch.

>artorias instead of elite knight
>but faraam, not forlorn
>firelink gets a pass because no dlc yet for gael, but still

Fucking hell playing Nameless King just shows everything that's wrong with Dark Souls

>camera doesn't work in the slightest
>fucky hitboxes
>FROM's complete inability to make a compelling boss that isn't just a big dude in armor
>shitty boss arena that the boss just glitches through
>can't see what's happening most of the time
>artificial difficulty by making a boss with a fairly standard move set deal so much damage that he is difficult simply because of his stats

Why is DS2 considered to be the worst game of the series again?

>get summoned in Township
>catch up to host, see armor
>Artorias head piece
>Ornstein chest
>Stone Guardian leggings
>BKGS
>Grass crest shield

Oh gods. Was he wearing the crimson gloves too?

2 of the cover boys are bosses

I'm not sure.

>gods
kys

>tfw never got to fight a prime Titanite Demon boss that rewards you with a unique kind of titanite slab that fully upgrades a weapon from 0 to max instantly

why

Why such aggression?

So why does ringing a bell in Archdragon Peak make it rainy, piss off Nameless King and say "nothing will remain", but afterwards there's no consequence of ringing the bell anyway?

And how exactly is that bait?

>tfw never got Tarkus baller as fuck rectangle stylish as fuck UGS from his original concept

Tarkus was probably originally a boss going by this, probably not unlike what Fume Knight became

but if you're going by the latest edition, artorias is correct because of the prepare do die.
Gael and the painter only show up in the jp version, so eh.

>Why is DS2 considered to be the worst game of the series again?

Because it punishes you for playing intuitively and felt like a creative and graphical downgrade, since it was not at all what players expect.

I disagree with that, but the first impression DS2 makes for someone who enjoyed DS1 is fucking awful. It takes time to really figure out what makes DS2 good, and if DS3 hadn't had so many problems of its own, a lot of players probably never would have gone back and realized all the stuff DS2 did right.

Why such faggotry?

tarkus is actually a reference to Jack-O from ACNX and ACLR, and his concept sword was meant to look like the Karasawa from those games, including the blunt tip

He was always an NPC. But there are IDs for him as a non-phantom NPC as well as NPC invader.
Still, the posterboy for the last edition of ds2 is the forlorn
I'd ask that too but I'm usually polite

youtube.com/watch?v=mo3nDUA3KWs

Has anyone else become conditioned to feel anxious when hearing this sound?

Asking for it

I had to speed up the webm on this one because the fight itself was too long. I probably won't do that again tho since it looks weird

I always get adrenaline on my first invasion/duel of the day, but it was far worse in my first playthroughs

Guys, I did some math. Turns out I've been playing ds3 for 5.2 hours a day the past few months. I might have a slight problem

I get that many people had problems with the metroidvania elements like collecting the branches and lockstones to unlock more stuff but I personally really miss it. Dark Souls 3 is way too short even with DLC and there's rarely a reason to revisit an area.

I really wish FROM didn't just retcon all the positive changes that DS2 made

What if I really like co-op?

There's No Way My Little Chaos Witch (Spider Demon) Can Be This Cute!

2 dogs vs 2 cats pls

What are some fun (not necessarily good) non-straight sword/reaper weapons for a chaos/dark infusion?

Who are 2 dogs? The giant rat boss?

Dark Souls 3 really doesn't have any major issues famalam

> for a chaos/dark infusion?
literally anything infusable

with the exception of crucifix and hand scythe, pretty much all weapons that have some dark or fire damage are non infusable anyway, so your choices are just any fun weapons period.

Never expected that I've waiting for 2 hours just to get summoned as sentinels. Are there any proactive way I could do to get summoned and farm concord?

yeah Royal Rat Authority or just spawn 80 rats

GA with a offhand axe/rapier

Now this is shitposting my dude

>I'm incapable of using free camera
>>fucky hitboxes
The attacks are a little delayed.
>>shitty boss arena that the boss just glitches through
What do you mean? I don't remember experiencing something like that.
>>artificial difficulty by making a boss with a fairly standard move set deal so much damage that he is difficult simply because of his stats
There is a +2 thunder plate ring in the area and there are yellow bug pellets. That should be enough. There also is a sgield with 83 thunder resistance (?) in Lothric castle.

Every 15 minutes or so take off the covenant and put it back on, it puts you back at the front of the summoning queue I think?

Just started a new boy. Anyone on PC want to join me on my adventure? I'm going through Cemetery at the moment, but just place your signs at High Wall.

password is "dsghunt"

You don't mind a downscaled phantom, right? I'll be on my way otherwise.

Gotta love the "git gud" deflecting that drones always pull when someone points out that lock on is shit.

Nameless King is shit enough with free camera as well, and the dragon clips through the stone statues when he's close to them

I'll try that. I don't want to go to carthus yet until I get those 20 left

Ah, unfortunately Royal Rat Authority's Ai can't handle fighting anything other than the player

Can you only spawn them in the throne room?

Does anyone else wanna rawdog Gwyndolin's boipussy and shoot a thick wad of jizz inside him? No homo.

>completely linear world design
>no armor upgrades, titanite locked behind bosses
>phantom-prioritized invasions
>no bonfire ascetics
>no creating your own dual wielding setups
>fashion that looks awful unless you use all the same set
>jerky stunlocking enemies in a fast paced game
>lots of gimmicky/weakpoint/cutscene bosses
>absurd amount of fanservice
>bad graphics optimization
>taking away stats and options that players have to control their character
>lots of handholding (some good, like selling souls gives you the same value as consuming them, some bad, like )
>despite this, still fewer areas and bosses and less play time than even the first game

DS3 was 1 step forward and 2 steps back. Great visuals, good quality of life improvements for new players, good movesets and has some of the best designed high points, but otherwise walks back on most of the things that made DS1 and DS2 good, like the nonlinear difficulty, high replay value, or world design.

Bells have huge mystical significance in the Soulsborne universe because their resonance spreads to every single world. This bell in particular summons the memory of the Nameless King, whose province is storm (every male member of Gwyn's family ruled over some celestial phenomenon, Gwyn over the sun, Gwyndolin over the moon, NK over the atmosphere). When the king is killed, the storm that accompanied him is gone.

>things that made DS1 and DS2 good
DS2 was never good. Enough of this meme.

Removing DS1 poise was the best change they ever could have made.

I can't believe that some people think that stacking poise and mashing R1 with a zweihander is good gameplay.

>a lone chick rubbing on strangers' dicks asks for a dicking
>but 2 chicks somehow changes that
You can't deny the fact that there are things ds2 did better than the other games, even if their sum did not amount to a better game

>>taking away stats and options that players have to control their character
Why do people think ADP was a bad stat again?

DS1 Poise was a mistake

You also forgot that all the optional areas in DS3 are utter garbage while the previous two titles actually had some fun hidden areas

Dark souls 3 takes about 30-40 hours to complete where Dark Souls 1 and 2 lasted 50-70 each.

There are a bunch of things from DS2 that the third game should have learned from

>dsg hates poise now

What happened?

DS2 was never that good overall but DS2 had tons of good ideas that were never implemented in the other games.

DeS will always have the best atmosphere and level design, but shit balance and variety
DS1 will always have the best immersion/lore and world design, but shit progression, graphics, and most clunky
DS2 will always have the best customization, weapons and items variety, and balance, but shit visuals, atmosphere, bosses, and immersion
DS3 will always have the best visuals/graphics, combat, and ease of play, but shit progression, balance, and replay value

They're all half-finished games.

>enjoying a certain playstyle is wrong, everybody should learn to like what I like or fuck off
This reasoning is the reason why DS3 is a turd.

>now

Is it worth it to increase STR to 16 to one hand Flamberge in DS2?

>DeS will always have the best atmosphere and level design
No, just fuck no on the level design. I actually think it's the worst. 2-2 is the worst level ever in Souls, and while I don't feel so strongly about it, I know that many people think the same about 5-2.

Yes, DaS3 is One Hand: The Game.

How to counter the Farron Sword anime move?

>Why do people think ADP was a bad stat again?
see: >Why is DS2 considered to be the worst game of the series again?
>Because it punishes you for playing intuitively

Leveling a stat that increases a secondary stat that makes your rolls and estus drinking better without actually changing what you see on screen is extremely unintuitive and poorly explained.

For some players (especially if you like AC) figuring out game mechanics is an "aha!" moment that adds to your immersion of your character becoming stronger through better understanding. The problem is AC is buitl around -robots- and -robots- can have measurable stats like that without breaking immersion. Souls is built around -living creatures- and there's no real indication of how ADP would make sense or affect the player in universe.

So instead of being a feature of immersion and customization, ADP gets seen as bad game design that breaks immersion and arbitrarily limits players by "forcing" them to level it up to unlock a "good' roll that they should intuitively "have from the beginning".

Reload the game

dsg hates everything

No, I can replace any enemy spawn anywhere but it's not an intuitive process. Editing an enemy's spawn while they're loaded will cause the game to crash and even when the modded spawns are working the game can still crash. If I want to alter an entire level I have to go to the blue room in Heide's since no enemies are loaded while you're in that room. This isn't why my spawn table is public - it's unstable

For the throne room none of this is a problem since it's just editing 2 spawns and they're far enough away from a bonfire that I can edit them within Drangleic Castle without the game crashing

stop playing

roll forward, backstab

Which move are we talking about here?

poise

Yes. Because there are many other good dex weapons that require higher strength, like drakeblood GS, and having a free hand for a torch, shield, or power stance is absolutely necessary in DS2.

Don't level str/dex in DS2 for scaling, level it for equipment options.

Hey /dsg/ why does action queuing feel different in each iteration of the series?
In DS1 you could queue a roll without even really trying to
in DS2 queuing actions is almost always completely wrong (the direction of the action depends on the control stick at the time the action is completed, instead of when the button was pressed)
in DS3 you just have to mash buttons since the input window is so small

which iteration got it right in your opinion?

> stacking poise and mashing R1 with a zweihander is good gameplay
It would be, if there was no online component and stacking poise made you only able to fat roll, or be over encumbered. Having poise and staying under 100% load is what breaks DS1.

What if increasing ADP/Agility gave you different/new animations for rolls?

Is power stancing really required? These are my current stats.

power stancing is not "required" unless you're going into like NG+4 or higher just for sheer damage output
in addition, you'll need WAY more stamina in order to do so effectively, as powerstancing movesets always consume a ton of stamina

If you just want to facetank everything and mash R1 to win you should play another game desu. Poise is for shitters. Glad it's gone.

That's neat. How about pitting up several bosses against Sinh in his arena?

>1 int
requesting that pic

Why isn't she a blonde?

>1 INT
Oh boi I am laffin.

DaS1's is buggy as hell, but the longer input window makes sense considering the slower pace of the game. DaS2 fixed all the input queue bugs but made the window very small, the direction of your attacks is a different unrelated thing by the way. DaS3's input queue is designed so that it fucks over the player intentionally. Some attacks are timed to hit you if you queue a roll. DaS2's is probably the best one, but getting used to it after DaS1's can be difficult as your input has to be much more precise.

the original says 10 int, I simply removed the 0

is this a meme set or something?

I know, thanks anyway

Ignorant slaves, how quickly you forget.

>What if increasing ADP/Agility gave you different/new animations for rolls?
That's a better solution, but an easier one is just having visible iFrames, like almost every other game that uses iFrames.

>Is power stancing really required? These are my current stats.
You're going to max out your weapon's damage at +10 upgrade around the middle of the game. Power stancing is how you invest souls into doubling down on a single weapon type or moveset by getting even more power from it, since once you have a +10 weapon, your only other option is to increase your scaling or switch to a second weapon if you want more damage.

Now that you've (basically) maxed out dex, you have the option to either multi-class (Dex / Int or Dex/Fth or Dex/Pyro+Hexes) or you can double down on melee and do power stance.

Power stancing averages the damage of the two weapons, and then increases it by about 50% through higher moveset multipliers.

Also, power stance combos with your regular attacks too, so if you do a straightsword + flamberge, you can do R1-L1-L1 and stun enemies or players into a longer combo than you could do with just the flamberge alone.

I will say that having int/fth is useful even as a melee build, because it adds to your elemental defense and lets you use a lot of basic spells for enemies that are weak to ceratin strategies. having 15/15 int/fth will drop the elemental damage you take from ~80% (your current stats) to ~60%, or about a 30% decrease in all elemental damage.Magic barrier (14 fth) will drop it by a further ~20%. So just having 15 faith is enough to halve all elemental damage AND you will have at least 3 more heals for each spell slot, even without upgrading your chime. So even pure melee characters can benefit from elemental stats..

W-whats wrong with 1 Int?
I was told Bandit was best starting class for pure melee.

>the direction of your attacks is a different unrelated thing by the way
could you explain this further? My strength playthrough is made much more difficult when my character swings the Dragon's Tooth in the complete opposite direction

I've never seen it. Could be. Was fuckugly.

jesus fuck that dark damage

What is this Dark Souls 2 has shit graphics meme?

I really like the more vibrant lighting, especially from torches.
The biggest problem I have with DS2 are linear levels, but DS3 is also very guilty of this