/xcg/ - XCOM General

It's all Lost Edition

Previous squad wipe:
News:
1)EXPANSION is out NOW
>xcom.com/war-of-the-chosen
>youtube.com/watch?v=n3bENBYSucQ
>pastebin.com/8prFHUNj

2)Julian Gallop Phoenix Point News (New Update: 8/30/2017)
>phoenixpoint.info/blog/2017/8/29/geoscape-ballistics-and-more
>pastebin.com/PZWh2Zr1
>youtube.com/watch?v=iuN9g502cYM

3)Jake spoke at PAX East on March 10th on the growing pains of rebooting XCOM
>pvplive.net/c/pax-east-jake-solomon-xcom-3

4)LONG WAR 2 1.5 is OUT
>steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=844674609
>pavonisinteractive.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=25894

The /xcg/ Mandatory Read:
>pastebin.com/k9pT8zx4

/xcg/ XCOM 2 Character Pool:
>docs.google.com/document/d/12XvY-C-RoQZUexxauBXcCsw1jElq-g8TaCNpLgG2atM/edit

Image Library of /xcg/:
>imgur.com/a/S1qfx

List of compatible mods for Long War 2
>drive.google.com/file/d/0B0KYKP0J-c9vcksxLXBTUkFzdE0/view

XCOM2 modlist, updated long before WOTC (Out of Date)
>pastebin.com/pTMatP5Z

MEGA Mod Repository, now contains all of the mods in the modlist
>mega.nz/#F!HlgWjCqR!STJ0c0kW8Fs6jKynqKyerw

/xcg/'s Long War Library (New LW players read this shit or you will be ignored):
>pastebin.com/YmaXBKpN

Piratez mod for OpenXCom:
>openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,3626.0.html

The X-COM Files for OpenXCom:
>openxcom.org/forum/index.php?topic=4595.0

reapers are SHIT

>im-fucking-plying

I wish they changed the dialogue in the forge since you have skirmishers now. They act so surprised to see the processed Advent.

There's no need to be upset, Betos.

Shotguns = Really useful

quick, lads

can mutons counterattack bladestorm?

ye

I think so, but not 100% sure, last time i played was a month ago and i don't have WotC yet.

What the fuck is up with the percentages in WotC?
my shotgunner has failed to crit with a 95% crit chance at least 3 times in a row

>of all the people to target with his grenade, Trooper decides to throw it at a Spark and a Templar
That's just sad.

There's an issue with SPARKS where heavy weapon line of sight seems to be drawn along the ground.

>activate an andromedon and a sectopod pod together
JUST
thank god I brought frost bombs

Best equipment to throw on Mox? Usually using bluescreens at the moment which is working pretty well most of the time.

Fost bomb is only going to stop the andromedon.

What the fuck

It was enough. I packed bluescreen rounds sharpshooters for this exact situation

talon rounds or nades if you have total combat (you should have total combat)

I haven't used heavy weapons with regular troops for a while now, but that's not an issue for them, is it? Jake really ought to fix his game.

I love those missions

If you can get volatile mix on him a grenade is great for the chosen he counters. Does superb damage and you can often grapple, shoot, then grenade the chosen to death.

Any ammo type really. Just depends what the rest of your squad is doing.

This desu famalams

>I haven't used heavy weapons with regular troops for a while now, but that's not an issue for them, is it?
Not in my experience it isn't, just SPARKS.

Sparks just can't catch a break.

>the Templar and reaper we're cool while I had them, but now they are dead
>it was fun to give my soldiers orders, but now I don't get to do that due to mind control, stun, nano swarm, tail grapple, and panic.
>having leveled up soldiers was cool, before they all got killed
>research is cool, but I don't have any alloys or cores because I can't win missions.
>upgraded weapons were nice, but I lost them when I lost missions and now I can't build them
>multiple enemies with 12+ health who all have always-hit-perma-disables have mean that I can't win missions anymore

I thought this game was good. Haven't found that to be the case. I wish that this game had a tutorial or something that actually explained things.

Play on easy

>letting your best people die
They fought for you - and you've failed them, Commander.

28th for the most aesthetic camouflage ever devised

I don't see any hexes.

I've never noticed the Berserker skin runs before

Are those... snek hides? That's rad.

git fucking good

>blacksite mission
>resistance literally tear apart chryssalids and berserkers before I can do much, so I only clean up the scraps
Honestly why do we even hire such shit recruits bradford, we could just have the resistance fight for us

So how's openxcom doing these days? Anything much left to develop for it?

Runs?

I am. The mind control still always hits. I really don't how someone thought that 4+ enemies with those abilities is ok. I can't get through 10 health with rifles, and they only need one turn to kill/control all 4 of my guys.

They didn't fight very well. The reaper was basically useless. 3 damage attacks are ponlintless against 12 health enemies with insta-worse-than-kill-i-would-prefer-dead-than-fighting-against-me abilities.

I only invest time into games that aren't shit.

rugs, on the bottom

Retaliation* whoops

I honestly find the wall rather tasteless, I mean hell, how do the Skirmishers feel about seeing advent heads on pikes there. just imagine how post war aliens will react to that grisly sight

Open Apoc.
They are still adding crazy new shit with the openxcom extender mod and some of the really big overhauls.

Get a load of this uncultured guy who doesn't know what a runner is.

>try to hack Mec
>30something chance
>wound it
>37%
>throw an EMP grenade it, leave it, leave it with only 1 HP remaining
>39%
>hack it and for the first time the bar goes nearly all the way instead of coming short of 1 bar

>rather tasteless?

Huh? You aren't playing the good guys in this game. You are basically playing ISIS or neo-Nazis. You are a human supremacist terrorist organization that conducts violent guerrilla attacks on against sovereign state armies.

Taking blue screen damage reduces the robot's hacking resistance

>post war aliens

why would there be any of those?

>Active Dark Event Alloy Padding
>3 man squad because fuck me
>take Mox, Outrider, and my Templar Scorch because I don't even begin to know how to approach this and they have the greatest variety of abilities
>I have 1 volatile mix grenade, 1 medkit, otherwise base damage weaponry, and a bad attitude
>manage to kill my way through 4 Advanced Troopers, 1 Priest, 1 Shieldbearer, 3 Sectiods, 1 Spectre, and 1 Snek
>At one point I had Scorch mind controlled, Mox snek'd, and Outrider just sitting in stealth wondering how the fuck she was going to kill 2 Sectoids and a Snek like this
I should just quit now, I'm never going to feel this good playing XCOM again.

There are no words for how garbage you are if you can't win on easy. Try mobile gaming.

Not gonna sugarcoat it, you are garbage

Enemies on easy don't have 12 health until you get a few weeks in. Sectoids never get that high.

Or maybe this is a poorly designed game?

There are quite a few dialogue chains that I feel they could have altered, that included.

Really gets my noggin joggin if the only people who complain about "poor design" are shitters who lose on easy

You're the only one having trouble, maybe you're just a poorly designed human

>the game is bad, not me!

it becomes murky politics when the giant psionic network controlling their every action is pulled down. suddenly questions arise to if individual thralls can be held accountable for their actions when brain chips were the main method of delivering orders.

But I suspect I'm wasting my breath, you want to just categorize it as "Alien=Evil" and go on a big stupid crusade to exterminate all non earthly life

>trying to debate game design when you can't even beat it on easy
Back to Kindergarden with you

Same guy?

There are probably more ADVENT hybrids around than real humans.

It's kind of unclear how many humans are supposed to exist in XCOM2. With the entire regions turned into Lost and millions of people being turned into goo you'd expect it to not be too many but the Spokesman mentions "billions."

Im starting to suspect this is a troll

>Reapers and Templars whine about running a far distance
Legitimate threat to advent my ass

It's the white soldiers who fuck me the most. Them and the snakes and the swarm things.

I was doing ok till I lost three missions in a row due to lol-insta-disable abilities

Really gets my noggin whatever when people waste time on shit games then defend them so they don't have to admit that they waste their life.

>If you can't beat a poorly designed game then you can't call it poorly designed!

Do not feed the trolls

>There are probably more ADVENT hybrids around than real humans.
Nah. When you consider how they are made, that doesn't even make sense.

I developed those, but I forgot to who I gave them in this mission.

So, do we bother making Psi Ops anymore or just run Templars

Should build a flashbang or two.

i've always just thought that advent were meant as disposable, like even if you unplugged them from the network their genetics probably only give them a decade at best.

always plenty more humans.
even if they killed 3/4s of the planet we would still number in the billions.

They have wildly different uses. Templar is your go-to problem solver, Psi-Ops is more of a safety net.

additionally in the ending loads of post war advent are pretty open the the skirmishers ideas offers of freedom, its not unlikely to imagine them extending that to alien survivors. though luckily they are ruthless enough to cull anything unsalvagable like berserkers or chryssalids or any other loyalist hold outs

I stopped bothering with Psi Ops just because there's too many other facilities I want to build.

To do what? The game doesn't explain what anything does, and I don't have credit to spare because I keep losing contacts on the map.

>Hack advent workstation on a train
>2 turrets
>It takes 4 turns and over 20 shots of 90% to hit the turrets
I'm actually losing my mind.

Psi-ops are better than templars. They are still good even when compared to new vanilla classes, which just shows how broken they were in vanilla.

If you hover over the weapon icon in the bottom right it tells you if there's special ammo equipped along with weapon mods.

How long do you guys figure it'l take for them to add WoTC to LW2?
Another year?

thats not implausible but lacks any evidence, plus earth after freedom still has all of advents cool gene therapy, the shit that casually cured cancer and the common cold, so even if they have that its very possible it could be treated

Psi operatives are still more powerful, just less continuously damage potential

>not using Bluescreens for those delicious oneshots
>not Grenading to instakill them
>not throwing Combat Protocol at them

3-6 months if ever

If we don't get the full mod I'd settle for the perk pack and such

It explains when you select the item in engineering.

like what?

No it doesn't. "Limits offense" doesn't mean shit.

>game has so many voiceovers and reminder lines and alerts
>game doesn't tell you what to do!!!!!
is this what it's like to be a brainlet?

>Grouping it with brainlets
Please don't demean brainlets

>Tfw Psy-Troops are the most fun to use in the game
>Have to delay them even more now because of the update

I didn't get any Psy Trooper until I was at late Tier 2, and even then actually getting one that is usable took until I had tier 3.

I just want the Alien Pack. Enemy variety makes the game really interesting for me. I hope the guy who did the Pathfinders also updates that eventually.

You're right, but it still clearly states that it disorients enemies.

Since everyone is being a Vague Varrick, Flashbang grenades disorient most organic units. When disoriented, a Sectoid cannot maintain mind control (it breaks the mind control), nor can it use other psionic abilities until the disorientation wears off. Can't speak after Spectres (the nanobot clouds), but killing them outright brings your soldier back, so flashbangs might work.

Weird build path put it to me late for foundry, it's worse now since that 80% miss rate is being applied on these last 2 pods that were just jerking off together in the back.

Where is the voiceover to tell you how to not lose your entire squad in one turn to a snake, a swarm, and two white soldiers? I must have fucking missed that one.

Which means fuck all to me.

We already explained all this to it there is no helping user

if the turrets are on a roof-like surface a grenade will destroy the surface, killing the turret no matter how much hp it has, 1 or a million it still dies.

>Not just straight up ignoring them

Turrets don't count as remaining enemies on missions, so if they're all that's left after you do the objective, you win.1

illiterate brainlet

Even if they decreased the research time and construction cost for the psi lab, it's still not worth getting over the other rooms. I don't know what they could do besides just starting with it to make it worth doing early on.

Why are you taking on several pods at once and then complaining about getting fucked if you've never played the game before?

>no mind shields
>no lures
What is this casual shit, Commander?

Well shit user it's a shame that there's no way to experiment with equipment.

But then you don't get to see that sweet full 12/12 or whatever in the victory screen