/wotg/ - World of Tanks General

Previous thread FAQ:
>Where do I look up tanks?
tanks.gg/wot/
>How do I find people to platoon with?
Ask in the Veeky Forums channel

>Want to do clan stuff?
EU: NOPAN -eu.wargaming.net/clans/wot/500136066/(apply through the website and write something nice)

NA: AWOO -na.wargaming.net/clans/wot/1000043295/

PS4: PLEBS -
console.worldoftanks.com/en/clans/ps4/PLEBS/

Blitz: BENIS

>Archived threads
boards.fireden.net/vg/search/subject/wotg/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=H5d42w4ZcY4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>use T-28
>dies to robust sneeze

I really am not used to this

It's a shoot and scoot sniper?

If Wargaming adds in multi turret support what tanks do you think will go from absolute shit to good?

none of them

snipe when you need to snipe, sanic flank when you can

dont get hit by derp guns and you're ok

Maus would be nice. You could use the smaller coaxial cannon for no armor tanks, while the big one reloads.

wasn't that gun basically the short 75 from the early Pz. IV? i guess if it got HEAT it could be useful against those non-soviet lights/mediums but AP/HE would be almost completely useless

>make a new account because a fresh start seems nice
>stuck with shit crews
jesus christ this is horrible

the spotting range penalty is hecking gamebreaking

>hecking
It's okay, dude, this is Veeky Forums. You can say FUCKING here, and it doesn't get filtered. :)

frick you

post yfw you check the %, /wotg/

too bad the barrel is too short to notice

dead

rember 2 help ure teammates :)

playing the e100 reminds me that I need to grind a decent t10 heavy.

youtube.com/watch?v=H5d42w4ZcY4

Dont die...

*dies*

fucking yellows

t. pay to be green

>Dead before 30 posts

Come on guys

O-I would be a complete monster with all those cannons.

I've fallen in love with that new swede Cent premium and I'm wondering what medium line has high tiers with the same kind of good hull down with really bouncy turret and good gun depression?
I know the soviets get some strong turrets but the shit depression turns me off them, and as far as I know the actual Centurions get shafted by not being premiums so they don't have anywhere near as thick turrets. Would something like STB-1 work?

>actual thread died
top kek

Its actually an l/43 75mm gun, specifically only used in the maus. Performance is slightly worse than long barreled 75mm

M3-Lee, since there are still tanks at that tier vulnerable to 37mm APCR

havent played in years, what am I in for if I reinstall?

Any fun tanks to grinf like the E-fiddy?

p2w premiums at t8, arty got kinda nerfed, improved equipment for grinding t10s and t10 lights and a general light tank nerf

I'm fucking bad, how do I deal with the tanks that hull down at the brawling corners? Like I feel like I could properly sidescrape the corners before but every single map seems to have these gay fucking spots now where there is always hull down tanks that I can't fucking pen in the turret ready to shoot me in the side if I try and sidescrape. I don't know what to do, like I know you're supposed to just leave and not engage hulldown tanks in spots where they can do that but am I supposed to just pull super far back? If I pull too far back after we engage TD's will be able to shoot me when I pull back to the E-8 and E-9 area.

Sorry I forgot I took a cut off screenshot.

>Pushing the retard corner
>Not just sitting at the top of the ramp or pushing north

I'm coming back from not playing the game since 2014 and I've started on a new server, I'm up to the Tiger II because I am a moron and went down that line, but I remember really loving the E75, is it still fun now or has it been powercreeped to shit?

I had no idea that was even called the retard corner. I genuinely have no idea where to go on most maps though. How do I learn where to go on maps? I don't want to be a retard lemming anymore but I also like playing heavy tanks and do think they fill the role of map control so I can't just completely sit back and exploit retards 100% of the time. I want to be a good heavy tank driver that helps mediums and TD's on my team to excel.

>against magic GF
Wanna compare that to your exposed parts of the turret alone doing reverse sidescraping?

I usually just look at what places give me an advantage and what positions prevent the enemy from getting to advantageous positions. If you want to play remarkably you really have to think and concentrate on what you do. You cant play with a dead brain and expect that type of result.

how do i acquire free gold?

If you are on NA do tank rewards and get a tank you already have

ok thanks

You never want a plan at the beginning of the game, you want to be able to make the best decisions under constantly changing situations. This plan only applies if for some reason the west spawn managed to push all the way down without anyone stopping them. What you want to do is have some teammates camp at F9 to hold back the enemy. Other teammates need to travel around the mountain and surround them. The blue triangle represents your snipers. They won't be able to shoot at any potential snipers in the adjacent sniper position. You want someone to push around in the open and light up any targets that might be camping in the F4 area. The flankers also have no clue on how many other tanks they will meet. Having those snipers will offer support. They also won't know whether or not there are tanks sniping. Flanking around to F7 will spot them and they can then engage them. There's always going to be holes in a plan and things that go wrong, but if your team allowed for the enemy to push that far you have already fucked up.

ded bred

Whats the new premium gonna be tomorrow?

That french td most probably. The canon d'assaut 105.

Are these two things limited time sales or are they always available discount bundles?

I'm very sure that the "discount" number is how much cheaper they are than buying separately, but because of the way its displayed it counts as a discount so you cant apply any coupons to it

I don't have any coupons I was more wondering whether I should save money up and just spend it at Christmas instead to get more shit. I kind of really want garage slots and silver boosters.

I think the essentials kit is gonna go away, the credit boosters were a limited time sale last month but then they decided to make it permanent.

Is there any maximum efficiency bundles I should keep my eye out for? I have three t8 premium tanks. I'd never buy straight up silver, the silver boosters are good though. I mainly use Gold for 30 days premium time, I don't buy premium consumables except fire extinguishers and I don't use gold for them. I have 170,000 free xp right now but I'm constantly low on silver from buying equipment and tanks. I've been trying to just stockpile my silver and only buying shit when its on sale but its kind of hard to do 100% consistently, getting more patience is becoming easier though. Like I said before I mainly want garage slots, premium time, and silver boosters now.

Do they have any deals that are like gold/slots/premium time that's like a 30% discount at like $50 or something? Do they ever have $100 deals that are like super awesome in regards to those sorts of bonus's?

Hey I just left [GOYIM] can I join [AWOO] tomorrow?

Sorry I meant on the 8th, I just assumed it was a 24 hour lockout.

Alright lads is it worth playing in the current year? I quit 2-3 years ago, picked up blitz, and now I'm wondering if it's even worth reinstalling again

Oh yes of course, WoT PC is a great game with a great selection of OVERPOWERED PREMIUM TANKS for you to buy, just make sure you have a full gold loadout if you want to do any sort of damage!

just don't spend too much money, the playerbase is shrinking and the overall trend is downwards, still fun tho.

-The real reason why the Chieftain Mk. 6 isn’t implemented yet, is because WG is trying to fill out a branch starting from the Churchill GC
-There’s an idea to (re)move the Churchill GC and make a link like with the JP2 and Ferdinand in the German TD tree
-Polish tech tree is slated for 2018/2019
Italians are also predicted for that time span, with the emphasis on 2019 so the Poles ‘quiet down’
-CN TDs are a bulls-eye, so the JP super-heavy TDs will become reality
-New prem tanks ‘soonish’. There’s an idea to move some prems from the Supertest to the regular trees

>The real reason why the Chieftain Mk. 6 isn’t implemented yet
The real reason why the Chieftain Mk. 6 isn’t implemented yet is because WG are a bunch of retards.

>fun
>unbalanced pay2win tanks everywhere
>arty cancer
>fun

>bitching about arta
its been the same game for 7 years lad, you'd think at some point you'd get used to it

>current arty
>cancer
I wish people like you were forced to play this game in 2011 to see what real cancer looks like.

They aren't even good anymore, they don't perform the role they used to before. Unironically people would be bitching less about matchmaking if arty still existed to deal with gay defensive tanks that your team can't get passed for whatever reason. There was literally no reason to bitch about or change arty before, people are just fucking stupid and they get buttmad over dumb shit like getting hit without any "counterplay" except you know, hiding behind rocks and shit. Tank destroyers like the grill15 and scorpion g would be fucking easy pickings too if arty existed like they did before. The defender would be easy pickings too.

Fucking League of Legends got ruined by the same shit. People get "unfun experiences" in the game and they say shit that causes the devs to change stuff without realizing that those unfun things provided extremely useful balancing and tactical consequences in the game. People have fucking shortsighted adhd though and are fucking dumb. Light tanks have suffered from not being able to benefit from arty spotting damage too and their role has been diminished because of it. Actually basically the entire tactical integrity of the game has been dimished by the arty changes and anyone bitching about the current state of the game should shove a big fat black cock directly into their mouth because they fucking asked for it.

What's the Mosin-Nagant of tanks?

League of legends is shit and there's nothing comparable to arty shut the fuck up.

That said WoT seriously shows it's development age by how it made revenue.
>oh p2w shit
>okay p2w tank shit
>okay now we're just gonna release reskins of tanks

the T-34, duh

>arty can one-shot any tank from a location that the enemy can't see much less shoot at
>even if the enemy manages to get close arty has enough firepower to kill them at close range
>is supposed to prevent camping yet all it does is camp
>yep, absolutely nothing wrong with this

>t. poorfag
>oh no I'm being made to grind for credits in a free-to-play online game, P2W shit!
>oh no new tanks that I don't have the money to buy P2W tanks!
>hell yeah they're making tanks by copy pasting stats and slightly modifying existing models, I don't have to learn anything new about tank armor layouts or face new content, this is great, they're making people pay for things that already existed in the game
Why can't poorfags accept the reality that the game is a business and they need to make money?

>I look at tanks on a my tank vs their tank basis instead of a my team vs their team basis.

You're basically complaining on the same level as not being able to pen an ST-I from the frontal turret on a light tank. Arty have always gotten fucked if a flank collapses and people get close enough to them except for the rare circumstances that you get shotgunned, In pretty much every scenario that the person gets shotgunned they either a) didn't try to find another way around, or b) decided trying to get a kill on an arty that has backed himself into a 1 way corridor is more important than capping and forcing him to come out or lose the game.

This is 2nd class? Really?

Artillery is cancer, stop trying to defend stupid game mechanichs. It does not prevent camping, which is the developers intent, it is unfun to the player getting shot, and only mega retards find 'playing' artillery fun.

Spotting mechanichs, derp guns, artillery, not nerfing premiums, horrible balance both within and between tiers (gold-armor interaction included here), are all that's wrong with this game. All that shit needs to go away.

>All that shit needs to go away.
So the entire game needs to go away in order for the game to be good?

that's a good way of looking into it.

It does prevent camping, it also allows a team to damage tanks that they can't penetrate through conventional means in a standard situation. It just sounds like you want to play a completely different game. This game was never meant to allow every tank to have a completely fair chance of fighting every other tank. There's supposed to be a-symmetrical balance between tanks, but at least somewhat symmetrical balance between teams.

I like to think of it the other way around, instead of having the game go away, why don't you go away from the game?

Already did, once. Unfortunately wot is the only game with tanks, arcade elements, and a population actually playing the game.

>It does prevent camping
Sure, that's why everyone perma hugs tall buildings when there's artillery in the match.
>it also allows a team to damage tanks that they can't penetrate through conventional means in a standard situation
Strawman. The problem with artillery has always been the fact that they can damage you without any chance for retaliation.

>allow every tank to have a completely fair chance of fighting every other tank
Noone is asking for all tanks to be able to have a fair 1 vs 1. Stop pretending that's what the artillery debate is about.

You don't have any chance for retaliation when your fighting in the situation that benefits the artillery. You have plenty of chance for retaliation in the game though. Its the same as trying to fight a hulled down tank head on.

Sure, except for any situation that a hull down tank can shoot me, I can shoot it back. I can also choose not to go to places on the map where there are hulldown spots for the enemy team. And guess what? In that case the hulldown tank has 0% chance of shooting me, unlike artillery, that can shoot anywhere on the map except for specific places.

If you're spotted. If you're standing still. If he hits you. If he decides to shoot you. You also have arty on your team doing the same thing. Also you can shoot back but unless you're using a high pen gun with premium rounds chances are you aren't penning that tank. I don't understand why people like you don't get mad at TD's hiding way the fuck back with laser accurate guns that can pen anything without getting spotted themselves don't bother you.

I'm going to guess its just because arty has a different method of aiming you're just looking for a reason to get buttmad because you feel cheated in some way.

>I don't understand why people like you don't get mad at TD's hiding way the fuck back with laser accurate guns that can pen anything without getting spotted themselves don't bother you.
Did you miss the part where I said spotting mechanichs are cancer and need to go away?
In case you have, you can read it here:

They aren't cancer, they're a part of the game that makes world of tanks what it is. You need to leave the game if you can't accept that there are situations where you're going to get shot at without shooting back. Just accept that you're powerless sometimes, that's the game, that's not bad design, its just the way it is.

Oh yeah, retarded shit like this is not bad design
gfycat com/PinkKindlyChamois

is the new foch fun?

This sickens me.

>visit wg forum
>people are STILL crying about arty
I bet these "people" just stand in open for 20 seconds and complain when they get shot.

I honestly feel bad for Cheiftain enthusiasts playing WoT.

How do I get good with Crusader?

play it like a chaffee

Sometimes, when playing arty, I really feel for my victims.

Just heroically won a fight against my two teammates, came out with 15HP, tries to drive away, boom, dead.

See a retreating juggernaut stop by bumping into something invisible. Shoot the invisible, perfectly hidden TD dead.

Enemy scout after highlighting my whole team is retreating at full speed, will need to drive between two rocks. Line up shot there, wait, scout vanishes. Shoot. Wait 3 seconds. Shot vanishes. Corpse of scout appears.

Scout with last scraps of HP hides deep behind a building, way far from the edge. Shot right by the corner. Kill scout with extreme splash.

Tanks hidden inside a hangar, under a roof, behind a low cover. Switch to "shell view", aim through the gate, over the cover, under the roof. Boom.

Really really.

Defeat: 1/3 base score
Death: additional penalty.

Doesn't matter how well you shoot, no mastery badge for losers.

You don't.

Let arty do the job. Spot. Flank. Support other places. Maybe suicide-rush with 2 other platoon-mates (GL getting other randoms to follow). If you can shoot but can't be shoot back, you can annoy with HE; that doesn't kill the enemy but the continuous 15HP hits may piss them off enough they move.

Some tanks in some positions are simply unpickable. If you find a bastard hunkered down like that, your best option is to wipe the rest of the enemy team out and go cap.

> can't afford p2w op premium tank.
> sour grapes

Defenders are pretty hard, but a good IS is a match for them, and they kneel in TierX games.

E-25, tier 7 prem TD is fucking op - but it wasn't sold, it was a reward for some missions. (great camo, great speed, great pen, very good armor, huge ROF. Only alpha per shot a bit sub-par and it doesn't carry tons of ammo.

Other than that, any notable premiums that are definitely p2w?

An IS can't do shit against a Defender. If you meant IS-3, even that needs to load APCR and it's still going to be difficult.

>>arty can one-shot any tank

It's not 2011 faggot.

Strongest tier 10 arty can deal maybe 400 dmg per shot to a HT that has 2200HP. Currently arty can't even one-shot light tanks from the same tier.

Arty is now only support. Stun, deal a little extra damage, finish off scrubs that retreat with nearly no health, chase hunkered down campers out of their holes. Maaaaybe in the endgame act as DPS for a scout unable to pen enemy heavy. But with 30s reload, 200-300hp per shot to a 1800hp enemy, that's grueling as fuck.

I meant IS-3, or higher. Yeah, IS-3 needs to load ACPR to hit Defender from the front. Defender needs to load ACPR to hit IS-3 from the front. Or both may try to aim for tiny weak spots or out-maneuver each other. They are damn close performance-wise.

>Defender needs to load ACPR to hit IS-3 from the front.
no it fucking doesn't.

You meant HEAT, I think.
Defender has ACPR as standard ammo.

no it doesn't

*shrug* Maybe I lack the perspective. As for me, both die from the death I rain from the sky just the same.

t. omato

near 58% WR on arty. But yeah, tomato on HTs. Except KV-2, but that's really arty disguised as HT.

I didn't realize that everyone has been on this game for 7 years. The only way to fix artillery is to remove it.

>the cancer back then was worse
>therefore the cancer today isn't cancer