/fg/ - Falcom General #76

Previous Thread: Vampire Edition

>Trails of Cold Steel PC out now:

store.steampowered.com/app/538680/
gog.com/game/legend_of_heroes_trails_of_cold_steel_the

>A version of the old Zero no Kiseki fan translation was leaked:

mega.nz/#!LM4Hxb5J!0LrSUQF0yPjveDVPLSSn3Xq1i_tSwvqXHIU9Rzd3fiE

Don't forget to support the games and spoiler the spoilers!

>Latest news

- Ys VIII PC beta testing is ongoing: steamcommunity.com/app/579180/discussions/0/1471969431583803926/

- Sen III trailer has been subbed: youtube.com/watch?v=QGfoGCWHLgI

- The trailer for Sen III is out: youtube.com/watch?v=fr-8b6S6HOQ

- Trails of Cold Steel III's on track for Japanese release on September 28th of this year, confirmed PS4 exclusive. News/article translations: gematsu.com/tag/the-legend-of-heroes-trails-of-cold-steel-iii

- Short CS3 TV ad: youtube.com/watch?v=NYaV_GNqyCo

- Class VII's back: imgur.com/a/Pw4Cp

- Ys Seven coming to PC, trailer/info: gematsu.com/2017/07/ys-seven-pc-first-details-trailer-screenshots

- Zwei II coming to PC via XSEED (Summer), preview stream: youtube.com/watch?v=3gVOBPNrNgU

- Tokyo Xanadu out on Vita, improved EX+ version on PS4/PC scheduled for late 2017

- Cold Steel 2 confirmed for PC, release date pending
twitter.com/xseedgames/status/850395724223098880

>Older news

- Check out these Trails FC & SC updates, re: translation improvements (xseedgames.tumblr.com/post/159288714430/the-legend-of-heroes-trails-series-localization)

- Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana brought by NISA. Please complain to Falcom, not XSEED (they're upset about it too). Good Japanese grammar is extremely recommended.

Pastebin (aka music): pastebin.com/G2mswYCt

Extra Stuff (Guides, links, CS undub): pastebin.com/n2G4xL5s

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=q4Oa5tgRpps
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Pre-order her game and give her back her Crossbell.

Laura day

I need a tulpa in my life

Wish I could impregnate Laura and not take responsibility.

Legram best study

youtube.com/watch?v=q4Oa5tgRpps

Viscount Arseid would destroy you

>Tita is shit in SC

So why does always look as if she just doesn't care as much anymore? It's not on the same state of mind as Mcburn, since she actually puts effort into things and even helps the main cast achieve their objects.

>moonrones
>pisspoor
No thanks.

>Something other than arts doing any dmg
You're playing on easy right?

I assume it's because she really just wants to slack off, but has too much honor and duty to not do that.

Being alive for over 200 years probably means you've seen some shit.

What gave you that idea?

>YFW you tapped that

Nope, it's a combination of Tita's STR, a Ruby Talisman, Attack 3 and the enemies in Nebel Valley all being weak to fire. I'm playing on Normal, which isn't much better than Easy.

>YFW you tapped the literal ideal woman you've been taught to worship since birth.

Her general attitude in Ao made me assume that. She is so tremendously stoic that she gives off that impression.

She's just very composed. And probably a little autistic.

Not judging, I also chose to play on Normal, just feels unfun/immersion breaking, if someone supposedly strong like Agate is plain useless just because he's shit with arts.

What am I supposed to do with Sun Stones in Celceta?

>She's just very composed. And probably a little autistic.

Just like her daughter.

Is nip user here?

He still hits hard and has good crafts, so I'm not complaining; I hesitate to play on Hard or Nightmare because of the crazy stuff you have to prepare for bosses. That said, I might play the 3rd on Hard to see how it goes.

She's a good loyal girl once you get to know her better

I would not take her to most bossfight but for normal monsters? Top tier

I just finished Zero. Got a couple of questions.

The chronology of Paradise's destruction is really confusing me now, if it was only six years ago then that was a year after Cassius adopted Joshua, I think. How did he participate in the raid?

Is it likely that Rean was one of that test subjects too? His ogre form bears a significant resemblance to a drug overdose with the red eyes and white hair. He also has a period of childhood he can't remember.

Just out of curiosity, who are the two on the right of this image?

>Not taking her to Renne's fights for emotional reasons.

Upper right is Zin, c'mon dude. As for the Joshua thing, dad didn't caught him during the raids on the cults. You should know that else he wouldn't have had time to get to know Renne.

Paradise and the Altair lodge were not the same place. I don't think Zero gives an exact date of Paradise's destruction.

Rean is probably not a DG victim but the elements that went into Gnosis are probably involved. You don't get the full scope of those until Ao.

It's Zin and unkown man.

3rd is way more manageable on hard. The sky games didn't really have a difficulty setting in the original PC releases, that was added on the PSP.

The next games are way more balanced for higher difficulties.

>Using a character that literally becomes a waste of a slot if the enemy is immune to blind or is arts based
Nah, I'd rather not rely on cheese.

Doesn't she only get like one line of dialogue if you bring her to the Renne fight?

>put petrify, freeze, confuse etc quartz
>everything is dead
Also the blind from the craft is just a cool side effect. What matters is her high attack and her natural spread on her default attack.

Paradise's destruction was prior to the guild and other forces taking action against the cult. Joshua may have attacked when he was getting out of said operation, and in the 3rd, Schera's call where she talks to Cassius happen before he gets off to do said job as well.

Rean is probably connected to the demon side of the whole thing, which Gnosis is heavily related to. He doesn't look drugged though, since is not insanely super human, and aside from sensing, there's nothing super natural about his other senses.

3rd is perfectly fine on Nightmare. There only annoyingly rough moments are Julia's and Schera's doors. And you don't even get anything for winning Julia's

Physical attacks are worthless in before 3rd if
>Your name isn't Joshua
or
>Your attack isn't an S-Craft or named Thunder God Kick

>Your attack isn't an S-Craft or named Thunder God Kick so long as you're playing SC and there's more than one target inside of the small AoE area

Fixed that for you.

Damn son you suck at videogames.

I really look forward to replaying the whole thing one day and piecing things together better.

Bitch nigga please. The only way some could think that Tita isn't a waste of a slot, that she has "high attack", or that have a wide set aoe attack is worth having half the health of your other party members is if they're playing through the game on a baby difficulty setting.

>Mischa
What a surprise. I remember guessing this when Agate was poisoned in FC.

Do you want your burger ALL MEAT or is it ok MIXED?

>Class VII gets carried through the first 2 floors of Infernal Castle.
>"Stand aside, McBurn, or we'll carve a path through you like only kids with a dream can!"
Will the final fight of CS3 be where Class VII reunites and finally makes a medium strength character stop holding back?

Ries will take both.

CRY FOR ME

I have pretty mixed feelings on Trails the 3rd. On one hand it has some great character development and interaction and the best gameplay in the trilogy but storywise it just felt like it was treading water in the overall arc of kiseki where it just had some small setup for Crossbell and Cold Steel that really just made me want to finish it real quick so I could go play those games instead

Also Kevin is best protag

I personally found it pretty fun, the improvement in gameplay and dungeon crawling aspect was nice. If it was Cold steel tier gameplay it would have been even better, so long as it wasn't as easy, but i still consider it my second favorite game, behind Ao.

Is it even possible to unlock that for her option menu sprite?

Hatsuu at it again

Well it's true she doesn't make any money off lets plays or pirates. Not sure what you were expecting.

In hindsight I actually enjoyed the different format a lot, the world not being connected doesn't really matter that much, when the connecting areas are just samey highways in FC/SC and not much better in the CS games

3rd feels like a big bonus extra to the Liberl story. It explains a lot of additional stuff, sets some up for the future and gives you a ton of fanservice with the all the playable characters free to put in whatever team formation.

Why is XSEED's biggest marketing effort a mentally ill womens twitter?

Arteria when?

Am I missing something?

North Ambria when?

Letsplayers are cancer.

Even if she did all go all nintendo on let's players there's barely any trails LPs that get over 1k views so it's not funding anything either way.

>Decide to watch the prologue for Cold steel 2 since i don't have a PS3/Vita
>Shows current date
>11/29

How in the flying fuck? Didn't the final chapter of 1 end on 10/30? Was he in a coma or some shit? How did he survive a month out in the cold?

I want to squeeze my teachers breasts

He pretty much was in a coma, actually

Valimar pumped him full with delicious mana

It would fit neatly within the scope of our field study, don't you think?

So i'm guessing that like life energy, and it also stops him from starving to death?

Not sure what the problem is supposed to be.

Fate reference?

e-celebrities asslickers don't like when people speak against let's players.

Fate didn't invent mana transfer.

Jesus Rean is grumpy as fuck at the start of CS 2.

abloo bloo my friends might be dead, what a bitch

That's not really unreasonable though. Not only was he forced to abandon his friends, it's been a freaking month in time, and he's mixed up with all this crazy shit going on, and the cat seems to know most of the shit going down, plus betrayal and what not, civil war.

I wasn't serious user

The wind was telling me to take you seriously.

Is CS2 PC out yet?

December at the earliest, probably next year. Assuming XSeed is localizing CS3, I would not be surprised if they announce the date for CS2 PC the same day they announce CS3

Being worked on. Durante said finishing up on the port could potentially happen in December.

is best day

fucking dumbass

I don't think any LPer with any kind of fanbse autistic enough to defend them has ever played Trails...

I feel bad for the women and children in his group, he implies they were also cut down.

But Vulcan and his clown of merry moral-less crimanals got exactly what was coming to them.
>Jusis even points this out
God I love Jusis.

I also don't really see such a text heavy game working too well for a lets play. Reading everything out loud would take ages and just skipping the text defeats the entire purpose of Trails games. Being pissed about LP's in general is just retarded from a developers point of view, it's free advertising even if you account for some lost sales.

Jusis isn't best boy for nothing.

I don't think he ever questioned the validity of them killing their group, since they were planning to attack them as well, even if it was just a scare. He just really wants that sweet juicy revenge.

My guess is from the looks of it, it wasn't self defense against them during the attack but more like preemptively slaughtering the whole camp before they even had the chance to attack them.

Laura is dumb!

>The only one allowed to hurt people is me!
Based Osborne saving people's life from dumbass like him yet they still hate him.

Checking the drama CD for the Ymir chapter, and boy, Machias' voice sounds deep as hell in Japanese, Jusis also has a weirdly deep voice. Angelica meanwhile sounds almost like a man, and Gaius is basically supermodel voice which fits him.

He pretty much admit right off that it isn't anything about right or wrong or some ideals. All he wanted for serious payback.

Jusis isn't even there for that scene. You mean Machias.

Yeah, I hate Angelica's voice as much as Elise's. Jusis is great though.

This meme doesn't really fit since the wind is just his way of sensing powers like Rean and some others can.
Also Wild Rage actually can kill you? I used him and Agate a lot but that move I used less than 10 times. Rage just doesn't fit Gaius at all anyway.

Calvard when?

MSPaint it and join us faggot

North Ambria is going to be in Cold Steel 3, so if you can speak nip in 22 days.

Angelica's JP voice actor used to voice boys.

Yeah Wild rage feels weird on Gaius since he's chill as fuck, but yeah it can kill you if you use it and you have less HP than what it will consume to heal your CP.

It's subtle foreshadow for CS3 when Nord highlands gets salt nuked by Calvard

Yeah, I tried to use Wild Rage while Agate's HP was red. He died.

Reminder that if Ash can use Wild rage you'll have a party full of self harm victims.