> I have been heavily considering this car knowing that it’s a good Miata alternative

> > I have been heavily considering this car knowing that it’s a good Miata alternative
Is it worth the buy as a cheap fun sports car

Attached: image.jpg (450x275, 98K)

Yes.

It's mYes it's worth it, it's the best cheap used light sports car on the market.

2zz swap + hardtop zzw30 is what i wanna trade my NA miata for

Attached: C6685720-4FA3-49E4-90DC-804C03AF001D.jpg (1022x571, 178K)

It's actually a much more precise driving machine than an MX-5 and for the money you can't really do any better as far as handling goes. You lose some practicality over an MX-5 but then again it's a midship two seater, you aren't buying it for practicality.

Its a good car if you dont mind how it looks
early model years had oil burning issues
You can also be a complete madman and swap a 2ZZ engine

Tfw will prob still need to gibb cash aswell

Attached: C8E2D18F-76F0-46CC-B54F-2872194A0733.jpg (750x642, 57K)

How hard are hard tops to find? OEM would be nice but I'm not willing to drop 3k+ for one. Who makes and sells affordable aftermarket ones?

I hope your miat is worth 10k, pal

Saw a white one with the swap, gold avantis and black hardtop on CL for 7 the other day. But. By the time i actually commit, prices will prob be crazier

Attached: 70791A4A-5722-479B-BED3-AA9005062F80.jpg (3241x1563, 687K)

Is the snap oversteer really as bad as people mention. I know it’s a common criticism but I want to know if it is a valid argument

Attached: image.jpg (750x833, 446K)

It's a non-issue if you know how to drive an MR vehicle. On top of that I think that phenomenon mainly applied to the SW20.

It's only a problem for new drivers unfamiliar with the drivetrain who buy a cheap shitbox MR that was poorly maintained and then tokyo drift their way straight into guardrails. A new driver in one with good suspension and tires and doesn't drive like a retard would likely be just fine.

Only a big issue for the AW11 and early SW20s
Know your limits and dont hoon the car and it will be fine, especially if it's the 3rd gen which is the least crazy of the bunch

My dad owns one, really fun car. Ugly stock but with a body kit it can be a real head turner.

I own two Mk.3s. Do it. just DO IT

looks gayer than a miat

Attached: FE40B3C2-DE11-4C06-8DA4-F8947746BD22.png (300x250, 26K)

Attached: 3197981761_4056a5fd22_z.jpg (500x334, 88K)

I was considering getting one at well, the problem is im 6'4" and worried that I won't fit comfortably in there. Any tall anons care to weigh in?

yes, very much so.
Only get it if you understand that its a light car and keep the car light not load it up with your nigger wheels and nigger subwoofers.
The car drives on rails after some coilovers, light wheels and tyres, outbreaks a mclaren f fucking 1, so really power is the least of your worries.
Only real problems that stop it from being a 10/10 is
>1zz issues making pre 2003 cars worthless
>stock seat being a fucking park bench in a well handling car
>steering wheel being 20x as big as neccesary
>no front tower bar brace from factory
so basically avoid pre facelift, facelift is pretty goat.
>Tears everything but op awd cars on ice track apart
>can get a rookie a podium on his first race
>quite comfy and spacious interior
>sounds good right next to your ear with tte exaust
>only few cars will outhandle and outbreak you and at one point you will realize mrs being slow in a straight line is a giant meme
>can bully sw20 for not having cup holders
>girls fucking love this thing
only if youre retarded.
should be fine im 180cm and i have seat pretty far away from back wall.

postin in an cute tougemon thread

Attached: 36096956901_c0a069cb4f_k.jpg (2048x1365, 591K)

oh and I forgot
>rear end without duck tail creates lift so hope you enjoy panic above 170kph

Also you REALLY want the rear fucking diaper, it is extremely important aerodynamically as it stops air ending up in the rear bumper and causing insane amounts of drag.

they don't exist

I daily a 1zz pre-facelift, engine is still strong with none of the horror story issues so far

main issue I found is that on long trips they can be rough. especially if you have back problems.

>all these mental gymnastics to deal with the fact that it's slow in a straight line

c'mon dude, just admit it at least needs a 2zz swap or turbo to be great.

They do exist, but none were sold in the US. You'd have to import them or buy aftermarket. IDK about Europe.

a buddy of mine had one for a few years, it's a ton of fun to drive but I'd imagine being MR it's a bitch to wrench on

Aftermarket is fine, where can I find ones that aren't an arm and a leg

That's not true. The 3rd gens are easy to work on. Air filter, spark plug, injectors, fuel pump...easy peasy.

Attached: 6988502830_2ab00f9aae_c.jpg (800x475, 230K)

only if youre american or cant drive.

not bad, there are FRs on regular that are worse to work on than this.

either get one custom made or wait, some guys are working on fastback design right now