/lisg/ - Life is Strange General #556

''Holding hands'' Edition

Previous Thread: >Before the Storm Gamescom Launch Trailer:
youtube.com/watch?v=OunUnpKLEGQ

>Release Dates:
Episode 1 − ''Awake'' 31 August 2017 (Out Now)
Episode 2 − ''Brave New World'' (TBA)
Episode 3 − ''Hell Is Empty'' (TBA)
Bonus Episode: Farewell − (TBA)

Life is Strange: Before the Storm features Chloe Price, a 16 year-old rebel who forms an unlikely friendship with Rachel Amber, a beautiful and popular girl destined for success. When Rachel’s world is turned upside down by a family secret, it takes their newfound alliance to give each other the strength to overcome their demons. Available on Steam, PSN and Xbox Live.

Life is Strange is an episodic interactive drama from DONTNOD Entertainment. Set in the Pacific Northwest in the town of Arcadia Bay, the player follows the story of Maxine Caulfield and her seemingly newfound ability to turn hella gay and rewind time. At the prestigious Blackwell Academy, Max must prepare with Chloe Price for the incoming storm of returning to her hometown after five years. Available on Steam, PSN and Xbox Live.

>Official Website:
lifeisstrange.com

>Steam:
store.steampowered.com/app/554620
store.steampowered.com/app/319630
steamcommunity.com/groups/4chanlisg

>/lisg/ Permalink:
orph.link/lisg

>FAQs, Old Threads/Strawpolls, Soundtrack/Music & Leaks:
orph.link/lisgarchive (UPDATED)

>/lisg/ Community Written Fan Fiction (Continuation WHEN):
orph.link/story

>Compilation of Fanfics:
orph.link/fanfic

>/lisg/ Content Producers:
imgur.com/a/DOAKn

>/lisg/ sings:
youtube.com/watch?v=pQJgF3NToUg
youtube.com/watch?v=WjPsOkijFh0

>Strawpolls:
strawpoll.me/13846338
strawpoll.me/13846359
strawpoll.me/13834594

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rhvZxmgLfNA
strawpoll.me/13875234
youtube.com/watch?v=SR5BfQ4rEqQ
instaud.io/kVV
instaud.io/kWb
strawpoll.me/13482389
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I love you all

That's Chloe and Rachel holding hands, right?

Why is Brooke so ugly, she has a man face

Max is #1

No, that's Chloe and Max.

Warren is _____

Max is piss and Rachel's the shit?

Before Episode 5's release:
>Lol Mari's theories're shitty.It's way more than shitty to become true
>Chloe has to die thing doesn't make sense.Don't worry they will come with unpredictable story
>We're gonna learn everything about Max's powers,Rachel and Prescotts even Nathan,spirit animals..
>Jefferson knows about Max's powers
>Nathan,Frank,David or Samuel's gonna save us
>Victoria's with Max,she'll save her
>(After seeing Cemetery scene from leaks) I'm sure it'll be Williams,Rachel's or Kate's grave.
>Rachel's the doe and Butterfly and probably we'll see her in Max's dream
>Blue Jay's Chloe

After Episode 5's release:
>Mari's shitty cliche theory became right
>We visited the SF art gallery for 3 seconds. FOR 3 DAMN SECONDS
>Jefferson became a silly bad guy from Disney
>David came to save us.He's a former-soldier but he can't even fight,just listens teenager's orders. Even he doesn't know she has some time travel powers.
>Victoria's with us in the dark room.Laying there and we can talk her or not.Just it.
>Nathan get killed,Victoria too
>Nathan knew something about the storm but they cut it.
>Warren explained Max's powers(!)(thanks warryn) We found out her power causes/related with Chaos Theory and storm.It's not like we didn't know or something.
>Storm is only coming for Bay because Chloe lives in there but Max's the one who keep changes the time
>Prescotts story erased.Nobody even mention their name.
>Rachel's story fucked too.She isn't or butterfly,bluejay just spiritualdoe
>Spirit animals thing died.Blue Butterfly's storm summoner just it.
>Chloe dies again in one of endings (unpredictable) It gives you a lesson: You shouldn't have used your power.And you shouldn't play this game.Now erase your choices and cry like a bitch.
>The other ending's short but it's less cliché than other.We saved Chloe,storm's hit the town and gone.That's it
>So, once again we got the fact that our ending always will be BAE>Bay

Well, that sucks.

Well?

Steph and Chloe confirmed for having a talk about their sexuality in the next episode

What did we do to deserve Deck Nine?

Hey guys. I decided to leak the choices/items from Episode 2 and Episode 3 of Before the Storm.

The developers kept it all in one neat little file. In fact, they did that with a lot of the Unity files. I'm in the process of reverse engineering as much as I can. Hoping to find unused content as well.

Obviously, spoilers ahead. Don't click if you want this all to be a surprise.

correct

the cuckoo bird reproduces via cuckoldry hence the name

"nodeName":"E2_S06_KISSED"

too lazy to check all of that
just tell me if there's going to be a kiss scene

BAE > bay

BFFs, Pirates, Wonder Twins, Partners in Time & Crime & Love, Fellow Dorks, GFs, Wives.
OTP.
youtube.com/watch?v=rhvZxmgLfNA

KISS CONFIRMED

PRICEFIELD ON THE ROCKS

I love you

Max will always make the *right* choice there

You know it

>[DUN DUN DUN DUN]

Oh, you poor, illiterate, one. I said the right choice.
As in the one consistent with her behavior, and the one on the right side of the screen.

Bay has no logical reasoning and I hope BtS will make you realize the damage you've caused and make you go back to do the correct thing for Chloe and for Max, to give them each other.

Bts made me realize Max doesn't give a shit about Chloe

[AMBERPRICE INTENSIFIES]

>dat flinch

She knows she fucked up

Thanks, user. I love you too. As well as everyone else who supports our favorite time traveling nerd and adorable soft-centered punk.

Are you cereal? I hope you don't actually think that way and completely ignore the original game because the prequel shows exactly what we already knew Max did, which was nothing.

She says out loud "I don't want to do this!" yet some forced her to anyway. At least she still has the butterfly photo and can go back to save her.

I'm holding out hope that somehow the bonus episode will reveal some way for Max to somehow save Rachel, Chloe, and Arcadia Bay and that's going to be dealt with in some future sequel.

There are far too many loose ends for ep 5 to be the last official part of the story.

Is /lisg/ dying? It feels like a lot of the old anons have left and we're mostly left with Max-hating shitposters from /v/.

Well shitposters should be ignored whenever possible, that's just a good rule in general.
I was wondering just what the state of the general was earlier.
strawpoll.me/13875234
According this poll, there are nine people who have been here since before Episode 5. Two of which posted in the last thread said they were here since before/during Episode 1.
It put my fears rest, /lisg/ is fine.

Fucking die, you irredeemable piece of trash

Don't accept D9's shitty retcon of Max and Chloe's relationship

I wish, I've thought about ways Max could go back to save Rachel. Which if Rachel really did cause the storm, would solve multiple problems at once.
Max contacts Chloe again earlier, Rachel is saved and can continue being Chloe's friend (Hopefully telling her the truth about everything), Jefferson and Nathan are arrested quicker, and the storm doesn't come.

That's not going to happen in a bonus episode though since Deck Nine has already made clear they're not favoring one choice over the other and they wouldn't completely undo DONTNOD's work. So as bad as the two final choices are, they're staying (but things can at least get better after the Bae Edning).
I've said it before, but I hope the bonus Farewell episode is just a regular day from Max's and Chloe's childhood before all the sad things started.

teenagers kiss and have sex with each other all the time. what's the big deal?

As someone who was initially pretty upset by the change with the texts, it doesn't change much. If anything it shows just how much Chloe was willing to forgive Max and the diary entry about it was pretty darn cute. Chloe saying how she'd take Max back the instant she saw her, which is exactly what happens.
The texts obviously were not part of the original game so from here on out we can just ignore them. They don't play any role in the prequel and they play no role in the original. They can be ignored entirely.

Who the fuck is copy/pasting my post?

Just link to it you lazy fuckwad, or at least contribute something original.

In the end I discovered something about the game that I really don't want to tell anyone about. Take all that with a grain of salt, it's not significant or final in any way as I dug deeper. That stuff is extremely old development-wise. You can look at the old thread and see I was trying to get my debugger working to get me into a scene that I found, and I did.

Just chill on that whole leak. Wait for the game to come out.

Why so hostile? You can love both, it's all part of the story.

Anyone feel bad about Warren

Season 1 is just an alternative timeline. Calling it

>In the end I discovered something about the game that I really don't want to tell anyone about.
Shit man, you can't just leave us hanging like that

no. warren has stella and brooke. he'll move on

BURNING THE MIDNIGHT OIL

>Which if Rachel really did cause the storm, would solve multiple problems at once.

Yeah that's what I'm hoping, maybe Max could somehow contact Rachel like Marty talking to Doc in Back to the Future.

youtube.com/watch?v=SR5BfQ4rEqQ

Of course she wouldn't believe Max at first, but she'd have to make all sorts of crazy predictions, then Rachel would eventually reveal all the crazy shit about her powers to Max.

idk just a thought.

>not favoring one choice over the other

Technically making a new option wouldn't be favoring one choice over the other but I get your point

Not that user, I think any change to what we originally know should be questioned. Some before were calling that and improvement to the story, but I see nothing it improved. It just seemed like an unneeded change to try to blame Max. It looks and sounds the same as when Michel said "Max isn't as good of a person as she thinks" which came out of nowhere and made no sense.

It's not, for multiple reasons. One, Deck Nine cannot completely retcon out of existence the original game. Two, Deck Nine has said they're not going to do anything to override past choices from the original (They originally thought of asking to make a sequel but decided not too because of that reason). Three, that's not how prequels work.

Leaked screenshot from the Farewell episode.

There's totally ways to do it. I even detailed a kind of plot for it a few threads ago. It would just take determination and some creativity on Max's part.

I know it seems like a cock tease, but honestly it's just not worth it. It's not something you want spoiled, trust me.

Plus, it's patched already. I'm not going to be "that guy" who ruins it for everyone.

Well if it wasn't important why not tell us then

no thats her ugly sister

As Max and Chloe are leaving the ruins of Arcadia Bay behind, there's one more tragic story unfolding
>Alice and Lisa stuck in Max's room, Alice hasn't eaten anything in days, the dorms are destroyed and no one comes looking for them
>"No one's gonna come save us, this is the end, we'll starve to death..."
>Alice...you can survive this and go back to your owner. All you have to do is... all you have to do is eat me."
>"What? No, fuck that. Lisa, you're my number one priority, I'm not eating you!"
>"Alice, think about it... how many times this week did you try to nibble my leafs? I'm a plant, Alice, you're a bunny, maybe it's time I accept my destiny... OUR destiny."
>"Lisa, I can't make this choice!"
>"No Alice, you're the only one who can"

>eat Lisa
instaud.io/kVV

>eat your own foot
instaud.io/kWb

Exactly what the other user said. It's an unnecessary change that tries to pin the blame on Max. Fuck that.

Well that certainly is a ribbeting realization. How did we not notice that before?!

I take it something incredibly disappointing? Now I'm worried.

I still sort of want a scene where future! Max has to convince Rachel she's from the future, but that's cool too

How exactly is it a change? None of this is new.

>Ever not wanting stuff spoiled
You don't know me, man. You don't know me.

I finally listened to it, you happy?

It makes Max directly responsible for cutting off contact and makes Chloe more heartbroken to lose Max than season 1 implied.

So which actors do you want in the live action?

We always knew it was Max's fault ever since S1E1. She straight up ghosted Chloe.

It is important, and it's not disappointing. It's just nowhere near ready to be revealed. I couldn't see it in action, only the code and some assets that aren't there anymore, and I still thought it was pretty awesome. I insulted the dev team for being amateurs at hiding their code, and I still don't know how that got in there, but what they're doing is cool as fuck and I really want to see people's reaction to it.

I'm not ruining an entire series because I managed to sneak into some code that wasn't even supposed to be there.

I want a corpse prop to play Rachel

How was this not glaringly obvious in S1?

It's not ruining it if people ask for it, to be fair.

Ok, now I'm excited again.

That's gotta be a weird feeling to be one of a handful of people in the world to have that info though. Good job.

>ruining an entire series
Oh shit this must be groundbreaking

inb4 this is someone from Deck Nine trying to build hype

It would be cool to see a future!Max like that but I don't know how it could happen. I'd love to hear your ideas though.

It was never implied to be only one of their faults. Chloe says Max never spoke to her, but never mentions trying to reach her. Max never mentions it either.
The assumed was that both of them had kept a silence and were to blame. They both had their own reasons for it.
This retcon doesn't change what Max's reasons were or make her a bad person in any way, but it's troubling because I wonder what else they may have decided to change as we progress through the prequel.

I don't want to see any spoilers, and from what this sounds like it's not even a real thing since it's "Code that shouldn't be there." Makes me think there's code for season 1 Chloe and Max models hinting the game may end later than just three days.

I wonder if Deck Nine will do more LIS games after BTS.

I just finished episode one of BtS and I have to say I am quite impressed. I expected it to be true garbage but it was quite wonderful. I love myself some lesbian romance and I feel this might go in quite the right direction.

none. i hope that live action series never sees the light of day

JEFFERSON ORIGIN STORY WOO!

Yes they'll do season 3 and dontnod will do season 2, yearly release that way

It would spread so quickly that it'd be leaked for everyone.

It's the weirdest feeling, that's why I can't wait to actually talk to the dev that messaged me.

Nah, I'm the same guy that leaked all the shit on pastebin. I just wanted to challenge myself, but what I found really shouldn't have been there for any reason whatsoever. It's not something you can speculate on from anything I've posted, you'll just have to wait and see. I even saw from the picture that some other guy posted of his decompiled game that I had more shit then he did. They patched it quietly and quickly once they knew someone was snooping around I assume.

I don't even think Deck Nine is behind this thing, honestly. If they are, it's to a small degree.

I'm at the point where I don't want people to believe me anymore anyway, man. I just did a lot for the leaks/this thread in general so I'm trying to end my little legacy here then get the fuck out. Believe me if you want, but like I heard in a dev interview, it's something you really can't even imagine right now.

Now i'm really intrigued.
>IT WAS ALL IN MAX'S HEAD

>I love myself some lesbian romance
I always wonder how many people here are actually lesbians or just straight men in their mid twenties that watch anime

strawpoll.me/13482389

Depends on how well BtS ends up being. The first episode was good but there's only two left and a lot to cover.
If they mess things up it could be a worse mess than Episode 5. It could eliminate itself from being canon if they it really is a disaster but I want to remain hopeful for now.

>/lisg/ being primarily female
>me not being a fan of /lis/
>you getting laid

>It would spread so quickly that it'd be leaked for everyone.
Nah. We can keep a secret. It's like a secret club. Nobody knows about the Pastebin, after all.

>it's something you really can't even imagine right now.
I hope so but I also hope it's something that fits with the story we know.
I can't ignore that this is a prequel and has to adhere to certain restrictions.

/v/fags cancer can fuck right off.

You can say the same about women with gay men and yaoi.

I've shilled it a few times sure, but I'm not the owner of the discord server senpai

>There are girls/women/females/vaginas/estrogen in /lisg/.
GET OUT!

yeah that'll show them

I didn't give a fuck when I made the pastebin. Just wanted to leak some shit because I was proud of finding some extremely old code.

Don't worry.

Alright, I'm done posting. Bye guys, it was fun.

Leak user, please. Come on.

it's hardly a retcon, it's like three text messages right after Max moved away. Chloe's line in LiS about "5 years and so much as a text" is still basically the same. Big whoop, it's like 4 years and some not exactly 5 years. Emotionally, it's pretty much the same. I'll admit it's true that it does make Max look like a worse friend but it also makes Chloe more justified in her bitching in LiS. And in Max's defense, she admitted she what she did was really shitty, apologized, and was willing to shoot a man to protect Chloe a day after not seeing her for 5 years not to mention go through almost literal hell for her.

no. fuck off and wait you mellenial trash.

Rachel has Jedi mind powers, even Chloe already suspects it

The whole season's a sneaky deconstruction of how manipulative and conniving Max was with her rewind powers

Bye user. Hope you return later on when we see these surprises so you can enjoy the reactions and enjoy the post-game comfy.

Yeah, how dare she try to help people in dark times and heal friendships!

You can manipulate people and help them at the same time

>leaker got paid off
Wew

I know that, conniving is used exclusively in a negative sense though.
Honestly, it's rare manipulative has a positive meaning either.