/dsg/ - Demon's/Dark Souls General

new fucking bread baby

>The Fire Fades trailer
youtube.com/watch?v=zKaHQVDjJZQ

>Patch 1.14 Regulation 1.35
store.steampowered.com/news/externalpost/steam_community_announcements/3044845282383816896

>Ringed City items checklist
pastebin.com/724E2jEB

>Ringed City pre-launch media
pastebin.com/4mUsZWmv

>Character Planner
mugenmonkey.com/

>DARK SOULS 3
docs.google.com/document/d/1u8Mak1goSv4g73g16XsWV4sJelDQUatWkP2kcO6GVAA/pub

>DARK SOULS 2
pastebin.com/CAx8Yc8v

>DARK SOULS
pastebin.com/eNY3su63

>DEMON'S SOULS
pastebin.com/RjpF5s7a

>BLOODBORNE
pastebin.com/WdLBWD8n

>KING'S FIELD
pastebin.com/G8zw0sc3

>Community & Fanart
pastebin.com/vVWz9pJm

old thread

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/Txe190aw
mugenmonkey.com/
soulsplanner.com/
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B66vvDQ_rAMyS29wdTR6ajZsczQ
docs.google.com/document/d/1eKXbdEr6jnTG5DcMQX2qcMlsmYQ8hO6Sl3-sySYpHR4/pub
pastebin.com/FiDXYjfs
pastebin.com/Rtb5w9yS
pastebin.com/tehcGm75
docs.google.com/document/d/1sItpr6PHpoEiFbtFIBtPO4UNeNEpxuztHteANTJRHDU/edit#heading=h.od90ylbez0rz
pastebin.com/G8zw0sc3
discord.gg/C3AX2Hk
pastebin.com/9hG50KHX
steamcommunity.com/groups/DarkSoulsGeneral
twitter.com/AnonBabble

memes

friendly reminder to point down and throw dung pie stalk on all katanafags/weaboos

Reminder that your character will never be as pretty as Griffith.

What can I expect from it?

>helping hosts with sulyvahn for souls and sunlight medals knowing that they are filthy phantom spamming fallen knight idiots that are ruining the best boss in the game by not fighting him solo

have you ever just wanted to sit down and let the boss kill the host out of spite

Someone is salty about losing to a katana.

>t. Saint Riot fanboy

You can expect to knock away enemy pikes like a good Doppelsöldner.

a mediocre UGS with the only advantage of it being the low stat requirements, making it good for min maxing.

Since the current OP maker is retarded, here's the proper OP for next thread.

>READ ME BEFORE POSTING, IF YOU'RE NEW
pastebin.com/Txe190aw

>Character Planner
mugenmonkey.com/
soulsplanner.com/

>DARK SOULS 3
>Full Soundtrack
>Useful PvP data

>DARK SOULS 2
pastebin.com/FiDXYjfs

>DARK SOULS
pastebin.com/Rtb5w9yS

>DEMON'S SOULS
pastebin.com/tehcGm75

>BLOODBORNE
docs.google.com/document/d/1sItpr6PHpoEiFbtFIBtPO4UNeNEpxuztHteANTJRHDU/edit#heading=h.od90ylbez0rz
Bloodborne discussion is welcome here, but you'll get more help in their general: >KING'S FIELD
pastebin.com/G8zw0sc3

>COMMUNITY
Discord: discord.gg/C3AX2Hk
Player list: pastebin.com/9hG50KHX
Steam group: steamcommunity.com/groups/DarkSoulsGeneral

Ultra weapon, so garbage in duels but okay in invasions. One of the lighter ultra options with decent reach and a pretty decent moveset, but falls short when it comes to AR unless infused with a caster gem, in which case it becomes pretty good. Dark/Chaos Zweihander is legit on a pyro character if you're looking for an ultra to use, though I'd still opt for Gargoyle Hammer.

>Amana Priestesses have one of the best looking outfits in the game
>Completely unobtainable
Why fromsoft, why?

>If you think invasions are bullshit because they're too unfair, then invading is too hard for you.

We're talking about different things. I invade all the time, I love it. What I'm saying is that all of From's attempts to make invading "fair" just make it more of a pain in the ass and just push people ever more towards meta twink shittery, which results in more crying and From thinking they need to do more about it.

We both agree invading isn't fair. When invading was good, at least in my opinion, in DaS1, the invader had a strength advantage, while the host had the numbers advantage. In all my invasions back then it was the ones who used their numbers to their advantage that one, or at least made it to the boss fog, and it was people who grouped up next to each other that got wombo combo'd into the dirt by my Greatsword. DaS3 is just all ganks all the time because invaders lost their power advantage while hosts gained a fucking third summon. I still do invasions, but there's no denying they're shittier than they were before.

No, but I have wanted to ask the host what he is doing with his life on multiple occasions.

>Summoned for Midir
>Fallen Knight with a katana
>'Oh no'
>He's not going towards the boss fog
>'No'
>He's summoning another phantom
>Collapse gesture
>He's summoning another phantom
>Point down and black crystal out
>He adds me on steam and sends me angry messages asking why I left and accusing me of being elitist

>plebs think being an elitist is a bad thing

Why do shitters think being good is bad and being bad is just playing for fun lol xD

>in DaS1, the invader had a strength advantage, while the host had the numbers advantage
What are you talking about?

In DS1 you could invade in the burg with +10 weapons and pyromancies and basically one shot people.

Invading was just griefing back then. I know this because I used to do it all the time. The host had zero advantages in DS1.

Actual OP info because thread creator is a fucking retard:

>READ ME BEFORE POSTING, IF YOU'RE NEW
pastebin.com/Txe190aw

>Character Planner
mugenmonkey.com/
soulsplanner.com/

>DARK SOULS 3
>Full Soundtrack
>Useful PvP data

>DARK SOULS 2
pastebin.com/FiDXYjfs

>DARK SOULS
pastebin.com/Rtb5w9yS

>DEMON'S SOULS
pastebin.com/tehcGm75

>BLOODBORNE
Bloodborne discussion is welcome here, but you'll get more help in their general: >KING'S FIELD
pastebin.com/G8zw0sc3

>COMMUNITY
Discord (READ THE README BEFORE JOINING): discord.gg/C3AX2Hk
Player list: pastebin.com/9hG50KHX
Steam group: steamcommunity.com/groups/DarkSoulsGeneral

>wanting to be a dex fag that takes shorcuts killing his friends
FUCK DEX FAGS

From's attempts at balancing EVERYTHING across games fall flat. They're literally One Step Forward One Step Back: The Company

Despite all of this, I still believe that Dark Souls 3 has the best invasion experience in the series. It's not perfect, but it's what we've got. The power advantage is still there, but it's less reliant on pure numbers now, and more reliant on psychology and analysis - Which were factors in DaS1 invasion as well, but they never had a chance to develop to the point they have reached in DaS3 because they just weren't as important as numbers.

>In DS1 you could invade in the burg with +10 weapons and pyromancies and basically one shot people.

Yeah, you could do that if you want to be an asshole, but my response to that is who fucking cares? The guy you killed in Burg lost literally nothing, big fucking deal.

>Invading was just griefing back then.
I guess in a way all invading is griefing, but not all invading is twinking. And it's not worth fucking with non-twinks just to try and stop twinking as whole with bullshit like SM. Or whatever shit they did in BB, or the weapon reinforcement limits in DS3. all that shit just encourages MORE twinking in the community at large, not necessarily me or you, just in general.

Already posted it friend appreciate someone else is as autistic as me though

>not wanting to be a dexfag that fucks all the bitches and korosu his enemies with his nippon steel
kys yourself

Invading in DaS1 was in 90% of cases just cheese, specifically because there was no upper limit on how twinky you could go, so if people lost because they were bad they'd just blame their lack of twinking and twink harder, until they had a +10 chaos weapon and +5 Ascended Flame to one-shot people with.

Sure, some people didn't do that, and actually invaded in the 'right' way, but those people were a vast, vast minority.

But user, he only mentioned his prettiness.

>that gets fucked like a bitch
Fixed

I think the system we got in DaS3 is better than having no limits and just hoping people don't take the piss.

It's not a perfect system, and yeah, it encourages twinking, but there's a very strict upper limit on the level of twinking which is possible. A little sad that invaders are both expected, encouraged and pretty much required to sit directly on that limit, but that's just the way it goes.

Still better than trusting every asshole you encounter not to unzip a +10 weapon at the first sign of hardship.

If he's right, he's right

I deeply enjoyed his rant in the recent 'Uninterrupted Co-op with my friends' video.

If the host summons more than one phantom, I usually just back away and find a place to sit and let them fight the boss. If the phantom dies, then I'll join in but I don't participate in 3v1s against bosses or invaders.

What's the best build for being an annoying shit in DaS2? ADP/END gouge with a dagger?

poison spam with powerstanced spotted whips

oh fuck both of you, maybe one of you faggots can make the OP next time

Okay, I'd prefer it over you dumbass

right, so you can include your circlejerk discord server? get real, all pertinent information to this general is in the OP already.

No contest.

>lol I didn't include half the DaS3 links, I'm clearly the superior OP maker
>B-B-B-BUT THE DISCORD CARTEL, YOU FUCKING CIRCLEJERKER

Get a room you three. Who the fuck cares about the OP.

>keep trying to enjoy DS3, faith was alright
>play a sorceror, everything is fucking awful and sucks and I have to be 20 levels above what I was my first playthrough just to beat the same bosses
>farming souls to try and survive pontiff
>240k, die to bullshit teleporting dogs
>run out of ring of sacrifices, die to bullshit teleporting dogs
>lose them all

guess I'm going to stop playing DS3, since From forgot what gameplay variety meant

discord circlejerkers care

>needing to farm souls to win

lol. You know you can just go to Irithyll Dungeon if Pontiff is a roadblock too right?

Might be the wrong place to ask, but I'm trying to play Scholar on the PS4, and it keeps resetting to the menu. The only thing I've got to work with is the game saying "You have signed out of PSN SM. Returning to Title Menu."

I've checked my menu, and everything says I'm connected, save for a red circle with an X by my profile image. Is there a quick way to fix that?

>guess I'm going to stop playing DS3, since From forgot what gameplay variety meant
good, it doesn't seem like your kind of game if you can't figure out some of the easiest enemies
also
>using rings of sacrifice

I could have sworn this was supposed to be a metal tasset like the chestplate and not fucking floppy like a wet noodle.

You have to connect to PSN in order to connect online for SotFS

Sorry, It's my fault for not just being a shitter and respec'ing to a quality build and summoning handholding phantoms. I could just easily cheese this whole game with a quality build (and I have already done that) but I was trying something different in hopes of getting more than 200 hours out of this awful game.

I invested in 40 int, which was an idiodic choice because few enemies and most bosses don't give you enough time to cast a single spell, so all I did was waste levels. At least with faith I got free healing. The few spells that do have a fast cast time do less damage than my weakest melee weapons. Sorceror is just melee but at a 20-40 level disadvantage. If I wanted that, I'd just play quality but restrict myself to SL20.

DS3 is a good game. It was fun to play quality, it was kinda fun to play faith, I've already gotten most of the achievements. I have no reason to keep playing anymore, Int isn't changing the gameplay at all, it's a complete downgrade. Maybe I'll come back for a pyro build but honestly playing the same game 4 times in a row the same way despite different stats is not fun, especially if now I'm just at a complete disadvantage against things I was easily beating before.

I'm going to go back to DS1 and DS2, maybe try out the item randomizer. Between DS3 and BB, From has completely forgotten how to do customization, replay ability, and gameplay customization and it sucks. I don't want them to turn into another shitty AAA developer throwing out the same "pay $60 for 60 hours of unoriginal gameplay then never play again" games but I guess that's what they are now.

I mean I agree that DS3 is complete shit to play more than once because once you play it once you can only play it the exact same way with slight variations but it sounds like you're just being unoptimal with your sorcerer. 40 INT alone isn't enough if you want to cast spells, you need 60, and the only spell you need for most bosses is Great Heavy Soul Arrow which melts HP and is free to cast at a distance. I also ask if you went to Irithyll Dungeon first because that has the Bellowing Dragoncrest Ring and the Court Sorcerer Staff in Capital both of which you should have as a sorcerer, by the sound of things you're just planning your build badly. What did you expect from magic in 3, magic in all of these games is just spamming the most efficient projectile at bosses until it dies, it's no different in 3 than in other games except having more onerous requirements to maximize damage.

Is there a particular way to connect to PSN? I just signed out and signed back into my PSN account. It's still giving me the red X symbol.

Try visiting your PSN profile?
In addition, try other things that would use your PSN
also, try restarting your PS4 altogether

Going to the Dungeon before killing pontiff kills greirat's questline I think, but GHSA is exactly what I'm using, with soul greatsword for groups, magic clutch, dusk crown, and young dragon ring. It really only works against solo enemies at a distance that I would easily beat melee anyway, and against anything that actually poses a threat it's a complete disadvantage.

>shit to play more than once because once you play it once you can only play it the exact same way with slight variations
That's pretty much my gripe. I could "git gud" but why? The game isn't any more variety, I've already seen everything and 100%'d it and the DLC.

I'm SL70 right now and the first time I beat pontiff was at SL50. ~22 vig. Going to 60 int is just not possible without losing all my other stats, and that's what I was trying to do by farming souls, hope to hit 60 int before pontiff.

I know how I can make the game easier but I want to make the game -different-. That doesn't seem possible given the way DS3 is designed. I'm going back to games that actually feel different if you use different stuff.

>Going to the Dungeon before killing pontiff kills greirat's questline I think

Technically no, all you have to do is send Greirat out to Irithyll and kill any boss before going to Dungeon, not Pontiff. That's why I like to save Demon King for that. Even if Greirat does die you can still get the Scholar's Candlestick from his ashes to the Handmaided, all not getting him to Archives accomplishes is no infinite Exploding Bolt or Lightning Urns, neither of which are beneficial to your build anyway.

On your other points though that's a completely fair position, DS3 is the worst Souls game to replay because the path you take is so rigid and with no room for experimentation.

Nevermind, I think I know what's going on. It seems the PS4 PSN service just shat the bed less than an hour ago.

Ah well, that's why we have Steam.

already killed old demon king, only thanks to pestilent mercury.

I've just never been burned out on a From game so fast before. I'm only 200 total hours into it, and both Des, DS2 and DS1 I easily got over 500 hours before moving on to another game. I grew up with AC so I love the fact that in those games you can just different armor types and it entirely changes how the game plays. DS3 is just not rewarding enough for me to invest time overcoming the difficulty, unlike all their other games.

Why cant I play DS3 online? Is the server down?

Works on my machine :^)

pm'd you the fix bro

Im on ps4 btw.

I've seen a lot of people bitching about PS4 connectivity later. PC is so so but still working.

Did DS rip off this movie? Dark Souls-Dark City, same imagery with the eclipse/ring of fire.

I disagree. When the counter to the host's strengths is simply overpowering him by having progressed further through the game (from having max upgrade weapons to just having some great early ones and maxed estus) it becomes apparent that the invaders' relative strength falls off fairly quickly. All the limits and nerfs have honestly made me a better invader. Of course I do recognise that invasions are far from fair with all the shit hosts can pull but I consider a host with up to 2 phantoms progressing through the game with no seed and no extra summoning pretty much fair game at any level. From keeps nerfing invaders instead of fixing twinking. There are ways to fix twinking and at the same time increase activity which would allow to remove some of the tard strength the host has without making them too prone to invaders early
The game is advertised as hard but fair and that should not change for the online aspect of it, for any of the participants

No dumbass, they ripped that off the from the same place they ripped everything else off from, Berserk

I disagree. When the counter to the host's strengths is simply overpowering him by having progressed further through the game (from having max upgrade weapons to just having some great early ones and maxed estus) it becomes apparent that the invaders' relative strength falls off fairly quickly. All the limits and nerfs have honestly made me a better invader. Of course I do recognise that invasions are far from fair with all the shit hosts can pull but I consider a host with up to 2 phantoms progressing through the game with no seed and no extra summoning pretty much fair game at any level. From keeps nerfing invaders instead of fixing twinking. There are ways to fix twinking and at the same time increase activity which would allow to remove some of the tard strength the host has without making them too prone to invaders early
The game is advertised as hard but fair and that should not change for the online aspect of it, for any of the participants
I think I'm speaking for every invader in this room when I say that papa riot is /ourguy/

No, Dark Souls ripped off Berserk, and Miyazaki has admitted it in multiple interviews that it was a major influence. I seriously doubt anyone at From has even heard of Dark City, a completely forgettable obscure western film.

That would be like if Bethesda made a game ripping of Doraemon: Nobita to Robotto ôkoku or some other obscure mediocre Japanese movie. Not realistic.

>Error: Duplicate file exists. here.
oh, well I guess others picked up on it too

Invading with Grand Lance is fun, Aldia's Hallway is pretty great for it

Shame most of the time it's a host and 3 phantoms huddled in that big side room

reminder

People who care about providing relevant and useful information to new players, for starters. Virtually all of the pastebins were updated to remove outdated and worthless information, using an old OP results in handing out misinformation to people seeking advice.

See

grape popsicle looks better

Was it just me, or did he literally shoot arrows out of his axe?

Ring of Thorns.

What SM are you at user?

No it does not. Or should at least be reserved for human pine, dark weapon being the one on the right
And why the fuck would they did they downgrade the lightning buff in every single iteration? At least 3 doesn't have the disgusting aura from 2, its only saving grace

which game is best /easiest to do a shield only playthrough?

DS2 Orma + Reeves on NG+ or have someone mule them down for a new character.

Also Sanctum shield.

Using a regular dagger as a secondary weapon in DS2. Goal is for Riposte / Backstab / Poison build up when powerstanced. Off hand weapon is +10 Poison Parry Dagger.

Should I infuse poison foe 80 damage, 140 build up, small scalings. OR infuse raw for 130 damage, no scaling or base build up, but apply rotten pine resin?

I'm leaning poison infusion right now.

From start to finish? Probably 2 because the blunt damage itself should help a bit, but in 1 there is the thorned shield (random drop from kirk, if he doesn't drop it at the depths you'll have to place the lordvessel to get it) and the pierce shield progress with siegmeyer's quest up to blighttown

Changing the color of the entire weapon makes it a lot easier to see what buff is on the weapon from a distance, which is important for PvP purposes.

Or at least, I think that's the reasoning behind what they did. Sure as hell it's easier to recognize straight away.

Poison buildup scales with Dex. If you're leveling Dex in any way at all, go with the former. If you're doing base physical stats for some reason, the latter.

>Every single host has a twink sunfaggot or two carrying them through the area, no matter how easy
>Always a female character

Was the bright, sparkling orange too hard too discern? Would the trademark colours for dark damage (black rimmed by white with a touch of purple) make it too hard to realise the damage type?
Also, you know that is bullshit when certain buffs (like rouge) are really hard to see from a distance, others are actually invisible from any (magic shield with untrue dark) and there are weapons that barely bare any difference, especially with phantom auras plastered all over them (uchi-chaos blade-frayed blade)

>Be level 18
>Join Mound Makers
>Invade this guy with Darkdrift and Leonhard's set
>He summons a phantom
>Think he wants me to fight the phantom
>okay.jpg
>Start fighting
>He joins the phantom in R1 spam

Well I guess it's about time to make a twink.

4mil

Thanks. DEX is only going to be 12 (7+5). I think I will take the infused poison anyways, would still do pretty good ripostes but would be faster as a whole, and could let me weave in a spell (likely Scraps or Recollection)
Infused:
Parry>Riposte>Spell>Powerstance
Raw:
Parry>Riposte>Apply Resin>Powerstance

I'm invading just under 3 in the same place
hmmmm

I was talking about why they're so bright and cover the entire weapon in DaS2. Not DaS3.

Darkdrift and Leonhard's set are available from settlement, aren't they? If not, Leonhard's set is available when you reach the halfway fortress at the lastest

I did say that the ds2 version is better. Even without the aura, the whitish lightning would be pretty easy to spot.
And again, the ds1 version exists and is the better of the 3, why change it?

I filter the MD5 of every single das2 webm/picture/gif.
What an awful game.

stay mad jojoman
my sotfs fight club was SICK

That's alot of poison.

Yeah. A weapon with long reach, as well as vertical attacks, will help a lot here. I prefer a whip myself.

Sad that I couldn't Xbow to break them.
I'll try whip, I don't want to lower durability on spear.

Accidentally fell down, and now there are Giants.

>I think I'm speaking for every invader in this room when I say that papa riot is /ourguy/
damn right you are, all of his videos helped teach me how to be effective in invasions and i still watch his learn to invade series from time to time to brush up. I whip myself everyday i remember i missed out on the silvercat ring because my dumbass wanted the obscuring ring first, cant use that sick VERTICALITY as much as i would like

I think you just can't use wooden projectiles because of the soft tips. I'm quite sure I've broken those statues with iron arrows before.

Hope you brought Poison Knives, son.

Well, I got 20 Arrows and 12 Knives? I dunno where I got them though. I guess Giants are weak to poison?

Also I was using Heavy Xbow with heavy bolts.

>tfw just got a summon on an SL1 in the Parish on PS3
fuck it i'm gonna try for two

>when you kill a dude, and strip him of everything he has
I guess all my attacks somehow connected with only his head and tore it apart, the only things I didn't get were the mask and Tongue.

>tfw no weapon or tongue.

>tfw no lottery winning gf