I know this sounds stupid but are there any led headlights out there i can install in my car that arent blinding as...

i know this sounds stupid but are there any led headlights out there i can install in my car that arent blinding as fuck to everyone? i like the looks but i dont want them super bright and blinding, just a normal brightness or the same as the halogens. what should i look for if i want that for my headlights?

Attached: rBVaEFem4nCAcBDLAAFDjxsdcic067.jpg (800x800, 62K)

Other urls found in this thread:

theretrofitsource.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

If you want the same brightness as halogens, why not just keep halogens?

because i like the look of leds, or "white" headlights.

don't you think that has to do with the beam pattern on cheap LED headlights

Retrofit or buy whiter halogens

Buy halogens with a different kelvin rating

If you put them in reflectors you will blind everyone with glare.

If you put them in halogen reflectors you will not blind everyone but the light will send too weak so you will lose viewing distance in exchange for more light immediately infront if your car.

I've tried to make these things work but it's not worth it, a "3000 lumen" led headlight sends light forward worse than a 800 lumen halogen. They just aren't useful.

Look into bulb replacements for your existing bulbs if you want more light, and if you just want white light buy some painted Phillips crystalvision bulbs - the blue filter reduces light by maybe 10% but will give you the LED look.

samefag
why not just get Philips? they usually make good stuff

Sorry, by "halogen reflectors" i meant projectors.

Get better halogens.

just buy them and actually aim them unlike what normies do when they buy them

I can’t help but thanks for being considerate. I get blinded almost daily by some fuckers who give no shits. I’d love to follow them and key their car but I lack melanin.

G6 High Power LED's

Attached: Snapchat-587095603.jpg (1440x2880, 477K)

Attached: Snapchat-93962766.jpg (1440x2880, 875K)

Frosty, is that you?

Good call...prolly is, potato cam with smegma covered lens...

Nice bling niggermobile, Chav.

No clue what to tell you OP but thank you for not wanting to blind people when it comes to your light choices. May good fortune follow you and safe highways be ahead of you for all of your days.

Retrofit proper HID projectors... They even sell LED projectors that can be dropped in. Look up M-led projectors by Morimoto.

Or just get a good set of halogen bulbs, make sure the lens aren't fogged over and they are aimed correctly.

LEDs and HID in halogen based reflectors and projectors will never work.

I once tried putting in a set of similar "H7" LED bulbs into my car. When I aimed the light at the garage wall, the light cut-off line was exactly where it was when the halogens were in, and the light was much brighter. I tested them on the road at night, and the light was better, especially to the sides. Did not gain much range though. The 5 or so cars that I met did not flash me, but that may not mean anything.
In the end I threw them out because my specific car is retarded with its dead bulb-test and kept flashing the LEDs even with the ignition off and the doors locked. And then I swapped the headlights for OEM HIDs, fucking around with the damn wire loom and those stupid axle height-sensors

Attached: asdf.jpg (422x382, 25K)

Only if you have projectors that they fit in

LED into halogen reflector housings is completely AIDS, doesn't improve all that much and glares heavily

Attached: Police+dogs+are+pretty+sexy+_e79a2f161abfd6a16799b9337eba5237.png (186x200, 135K)

I had those exact ones in halogen projectors.

Light cutoff was good, nobody ever blinked at me. Problem was they were too dim, when the lenses were slightly dirty the beam would only go like 15ft infront of the car. They looked nice but ultimately were a drivability disability in exchange for looks. One died after a year so i went back to halogen and just installed an upgraded bulb.

I have a set of these philips lumileds headlights to install, I'll see how these turn out, but I'm betting they will also be too dim.

Attached: 51cmeHaI4ZL._SY400_.jpg (400x400, 38K)

Halogens are better at details in the distance

>Did not gain much range though.

And you should not. If properly aimed, no matter how much light you put out, the cutoff point should remain the same.

I know that. Halogen projectors are meant to be flooded with 360 degrees of light completely and LEDs cannot do this, which is why this "bulb design" fails. You end up with more light but it's flooded poorly and doesn't beam out worth a dick.

You can't blame them for trying. They're "close" but not there yet.

>G6 High Power LED's
Check with your educated gut feeling before you get ultra bright LED. If all the cars in your area run ultra brights all the time, then the police aren't enforcing the law and you might get away with it too.

If you lived in my state, pretty much every city in my state enforces the state law against ultra bright or non-standard brightness. City police and highway troopers will pull you over for a ticket to fix the lights. There are basically zero cars that have "ultra bright" head lights in my area. I know I saw one last week, but it's only a matter of time before he gets pulled over for a FIX-IT citation (and fine).

Is there a certain brand that you bought or store you bought it from? Also how bright is it, i bought some LEDs for my Halos on my bmw and they arent bright at all.

I got some random brand asian LEDs off amazon for my fogs. Oddly though there's no ballast, just plug n play, but it seems to work fine

>LED
>fogs

LEDs don't use a ballast...that's why you didn't get something that wasn't necessary...

CHEAP leds don't use a ballast. They integrate the electronics into the base, which get fucked up from heat a lot of the time.

You have to get HID or LED projectors, and not halogen projectors. The reflectors are all designed around a certain bulb and its focal point, so you'll blind people and get poor performance on your end unless you get something that's designed for your specific bulb.

This place sells parts for HID retrofits: theretrofitsource.com/

You can find some of the stuff they sell for a little less on aliexpress sometimes. It's worth checking out both.

no

please tell me where you live. I would love if cops gave massive tickets for non-standard lighting because that shit kills me

It feels good to know I'm not alone with my thoughts