tfw got a job designing car interiors

> tfw got a job designing car interiors

Well tell me what you want guys, if it's a really good idea I'll actually be able to make it happen.

Attached: IMG_6517.jpg (225x225, 16K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=xkNSn9w09Hk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

no fewer than 7 jumbo sized cup holders, dial shifter and all a.c./traction control/other buttons on the roof to make more room in the seating area (think plane cockpit) and what are essentially sofas and couches for seats.

Dakimakura airbags.

wool instead of leather in luxury cars.

Square steering wheel so when you spin it the sharp corners catch people right in the junk

Well that's basically where the industry is headed, most of the focus right now at my company is on prototyping interiors for autonomous cars. What would you like a car to have when you don't have to worry about actually driving?

That's the biggest question in the industry right now.

Why is this not more of a thing?

because westerners have been convinced that leather is the pinnacle of luxury and comfort. and if it's not leather it's trash.

Good fucking luck cleaning wool

Buttons and knobs PLEASE
Also try to put cup holders in front of the gear selector so I don't have to awkwardly hold the stock when I'm getting takeout. Or you could do what BMW does and stick the cup holders in the dash.

I just wish that they build up public transportation way up and have only those in rural areas, truckers, and enthusiast drive on the streets

Front row bench seats.

Basically, if you could just make it look exactly like this, but in a modern car.

Also, get the exterior designers to make the car look boxy with pop ups like an AE86.

Attached: YeOldeShitbox2_Interior.jpg (2000x1500, 1.07M)

Pedals designed for slightly taller people with big feet (6’0 size 13) to be able to heel-toe. Cup holders that don’t get in the direct way of the shifter if somethings in them (looking at you Mustang). If a car has a lap timer designed in the gauge cluster, the have a start/stop button on the steering wheel.

>LARP thread #12774548640

post proof

No more physical buttons. For anything. They're outdated.
A simple touchscreen is much more versatile and cleaner.

> having a job is this shocking to 4channers

So what? People LARP, it's Veeky Forums, it's still a nice hypothetical that will bring fresh ideas into the thread instead of the regular daily generals and kia shitposting. I never implied I was telling the truth in the OP.
post boipucci

Give us proof. Who do you design interiors for? How did you get your job?

multiple USB charging ports in useful locations for passengers. Having everyone sharing the same fucking cigarette lighter port in the middle of the car is ridiculous and inane.
The way things are going, most small consumer-devices can charge over USB-C or micro-usb so that will be a must.

>Veeky Forums will bring fresh ideas
Just delete the thread and go to school.

Thanks this is the only legit good advice in the thread.

Power window switches on the center console is God teir

Fiat pls

>I never implied I was telling the truth in the OP.
>shameless LARP

Attached: 1518279593560.jpg (1200x740, 72K)

Meme magic is real

Retard

This is actually what's happening right now.

Also this is pretty boring compared to actually designing cars why would I lArp about making interior panels LOL

>4channers
>not realising this is probably a LARP thread but not caring anyway

Absolutely NOT this.

penis shaped plastics everywhere

have fun designing a single button for 5 years that eventually won't be used and then hanging yourself

>being this autistic

interior buttons that look like this

Attached: buttons.png (100x100, 1K)

Angle the center console more towards the driver's, especially for coups. The passenger has no purpose in fucking with things over the driver and most of the times there is only one person in a car. Better to make it more driver centric.

Get as many important buttons and adjustments out of the infotainment system i dont want to dig through screens because my seat is a bit too far forward or my mirror needs to look down more.

this! I love comfy airbag waifu pillows

Bring back mechanical blower controls with sliders

how about an LED interior light system that goes along with the design of the car? Not like an RGB PC illumination, but more of a single roof light that follows the curve of the car's interior

Another cool thing would be a mini Tv for the rear seats that allows you to plug a console on it (kinda like a display with a Power and a HDMI input)

If you're gonna design automatic shifters, in my opinion, use switches with a satisfying click and a sizeable throw weight, preferably machines or cast out of metal to make it feel like you're actually doing something

How is that different from the blue or green ambient night lights that a lot of cars have now?

wool itches like crazy, more alcantara!

Figure out exactly which buttons should be touchscreen and which ones should be left as physical buttons (pls don't make cruise control touch screen based)

Two dials on the radio, one for volume, one for changing stations

>Well tell me what you want guys, if it's a really good idea my company will make money off of it without any compensation to you and it'll probably be in some shitty car you won't like anyway.

no u

>This

Attached: Ferrari-F40-interior.jpg (740x495, 105K)

Attached: 1520097211872.png (666x666, 33K)

Measure some basic smartphone formfactors, and have the middle-console slot big enough to have a whole phone's length ie. height +10% when laying on its side.

And ffs, not so deep that the weight of the phone rests on its charging cable/3.5mm aux cord plugged into it. Just deep enough for 30% of the phone's width is enough.

I, too, watched the RCR review of the Toyota Century

is that a fucking Isuzu Trooper

adjustable pedals! don't feel like this would be that expensive or dangerous of an option to make standard on cars

Good idea

Wait wtf? Could you draw out what you are thinking?

>Manlets
When will they ever learn?

its actually not overly popular, you can pay extra on the 2018 Century to get the factory wool seats covered with leather

leather seems to me more of an American thing for luxury i guess, i have a Toyota Crown which is i step down on luxury to Century and even then everyone wants the cloth seats. leather you freeze if its below -10c and if its 30c or higher you just stick to it

Make brake/accel placement so that heeltoeing is easy

What brand you under?

> implying automakers give a shit about manuals anymore

Ditch the screens, we need physical buttons and knobs and switches. Screens are a needless distraction and just one more unserviceable thing for the stealerships to charge to replace. Driver oriented dashboards (like the Supra) should also be a thing, at least in sporty vehicles.

You tremendous faggot

vinyl seats

Buttons, knobs and switches. Also let me have air coming out all of the vents

>OP is a junior designer
>Thinks he's going to be making big decisions
OP I hope you enjoy designing glove box interior lights for the next 5 years.

Still a good idea friendo, your club isn't private

>Implying you'll have any creative influence.

sorry brother I've worked in the industry, its like being the director of a Disney movie the suits own your soul and you have to pander to the lowest common denominator, not to mention fight with engineers because their shit doesnt fit under your clean finished lines. I hope you can make an impact but market research rules everything around us, and your design lead is going to be slapped on the hand if you try to release something with style.

The stuff around the hood of Eskimos jackets

sneak in as many dicks as you can

dick shaped vents
dick shaped switches
dick shaped chairs
dicks everywhere

for the lulz

need to be able to convert from home cinema to home office.

Show us your sketches

Dildo shifter

this please

Attached: nissan_skyline_r32_ser1_05.jpg (670x419, 44K)

>designing car interiors
You mean you are Glovebox Engineering Associate 219? Nobody is in the position to "design car interiors" in the year 2018.

>when you don't have to worry about actually driving
something like a curved restaurant booth
and the spa bath like seating arrangement of the Renault Reinastella

some Japanese media has designs for the interior of self driving cars (ask /a/ I guess)
ghost in the shell manga
legend of the galactic heroes
ex driver

problems are some people get motion sickness if they can not see the road ahead
that and seat belts only really cover one vector of crash force .eg back and forth from the seats angle

Attached: 1992-Renault-Reinastella-Concept-RA-1600x1200.jpg (1600x1200, 233K)

Jesus, why would you want that disgusting interior? I understand fanboying the R32, but loving something that’s completely shitty just because it’s your ZOMG the best!!!1 car is the epitome of being a shill

kill yourself you fucking retard

Prove it, nujack fag

get me a coffee, new guy

fuck off cunt, I've known about the century long before that furry faggot came along and ruined it.
I fucking despise him from being it into the limelight, because I bet you that once the americunts get their hands on it the prices are gonna fucking rocket up and you're gonna see quad turbo 1GZ swapped supra's and shit.

Read Donald Norman's "The Design of Everyday Things." 25 times, at least. It should be your fucking Bible. So tired of this unresponsive touchscreen garbage that requires a deep knowledge of the arcane depths of the infotainment system to do simple tasks.

Attached: 3e2.png (612x889, 916K)

This. All of this

THIS PLEASE

>muh doors

How did you do this?

>t. desperate industrial design student

make the seats MAX COMFY. i'm talking 90's roadmaster comfy. PLUSH. stop the gay pseudo-euro, 1mm padding, muh bolsters seats.

Attached: DSCN1286sm.jpg (720x540, 344K)

dude why'd you go off on the dude. were on a taiwanese towel folding board.

gonna guess a degree in mechanical engineering with a knack for design and programming

I don't know if it's been said already but can I have a BMW or Mercedes that doesn't have a info-tainment center that doesn't look like an after thought? Like someone raided a Staples the night before looking for a first gen Amazon Fire?

>keep it simple, form follows function
>gauges should either be analog or digital, if its going to be digital have the balls to do something with it (pic related) rather than making it look like gauges from an arcade racing game
>if its an automatic that wont be durifting, make it a bench seat
>if you're going to use plain vinyl/plastic, leave it black/painted to match interior. Don't try to pretend its metal with cheap looking silver paint
>Buttons. Buttons. Buttons (read:no screens)
and also I know its kind of unpopular on Veeky Forums but i think leather looks and feels great on everything. I really get a hard-on for quality leather upholstery.

basically take the ergonomics of the 80's with modern-day build quality. Speaking of which bringing back colored interiors (ie bright reds and blues) would be sick

Attached: 1421313937711.jpg (750x496, 88K)

>dusty
>dirty
>RIP in summer
>feels like you're lying on your pet dog
>tacky

Do I need to go on?

also I'd like to add this

Minimal reliance on the touchscreen and none of that squeaking shit.
youtube.com/watch?v=xkNSn9w09Hk

I want an interior I can clean out with a hose. Make everything out of materials that aren't porous or absorbent, install just enough to provide a comfortable level of sound deadening and ass cushioning, and make sure it won't trap water anywhere.

Is that so much to ask?

>mfw your shit tier taste in interiors got called out

This is a proper Nissan interior

Attached: B371DF10-DE92-43F4-B1D9-89C1A46FCDBE.jpg (960x599, 105K)

No screens.
No buttons.
Only gestures and haptic feedback.
Make it happen.

mfw youre trying so hard to be like the other tripfags

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 56K)

No, that’s my honest opinion, newfriend. Anyone with history here can tell you how me and Type R used to argue about whether the R32 GTR interior is good (it isn’t) and the superiority of the Z31 over the R30

Attached: 13DB2779-4A35-494E-9C8C-608E82E27521.jpg (800x450, 58K)

pls.

Attached: 1979_Bertone_Volvo_Tundra_interior_.jpg (1600x1200, 332K)

How did you do it, faggot? I'm a gonna get my mech eng masters soon, but I want to draw cars, what are my chances?

A comfortable place to put a laptop/workstation/playstation and straight comfy couch beds for longer overnight journeys