ASX 200 crash

So today the ASX 200 dropped 22 billion, aparently because investors are worried that trump can't keep his promises

Someone explain to me how stuff going on in the US is affecting us down under

Also do you guys think it'll go back up soon?

We are close economic partners so a drop in US economy confidence is also carried over to our economy.

I thought trumps promises were going to destroy the economy?

makes sense yeah, and just to clarify, is Dow Jones the US equivelant of ASX 200? I'm not really sure

>So today the ASX 200 dropped 22 billion, aparently because investors are worried that trump can't keep his promises

that is a false belief. market moves comes first, then the news houses make up a story to explain the move

i know about the media lying, but i thought there would be some legitimacy to this atleast

god damn media spouting their nonsense again

yeah not sure what trumps isolationist/protectionist policies have to do with making anybody elses country great again

the asx 200 is the top 200 stocks in australia, so equivalent to the S&P

OMG MY STOCKS CRASHED OMG HAHAHAHAH

Could be the start of a recession. Thoughts?
We're definetly due for one!

hope not, i have a demo account on Plus500 (to practice) and i bought ASX 200 as it started going down expecting it to dip, but it didn't it just kept going down and i'm down $23k now, and sure it's fake money but i don't wanna lose it ;-;

I'm not selling because i'm hoping to god it goes back up

We're already in a recession

F the stock market invest in crypto you tard. It's safe there

LOL

>either naive or just trolling

Perhaps try shorting it, I'm currently on CMC markets demo with cfd's, going long on gold

My Portfolio was down 2.6% today and it is predominantly stable "blue chip" stocks.

>ANZ
>QBE
etc

Did anyone else do worse today without a large microcap exposure?

Oh well. Enjoy not making 100%+ roi's in day.

I know my meme stocks were all down today. Is this /asx/ general now? Fucking thing got archived already.

>tfw buy didn't go through for CPH when it was still at .7-something

I was watching CPH at open, good 30% but didn't last long.. bad day for it i guess.
What do you think about the announcement, I only skimmed it but looked ok at face value.

I skimmed just to see if it was positive or not. Looked positive and figured it would jump so I wanted to get in early while it was still low. I don't expect it to skyrocket from here, but the announcement was good for a little boost, which would have been 15% from today. Easy money.

RIP to the poor MLS holders ;_;7

I hope it goes down a bit more so i can buy into A2M, hotcopper keeps shilling and saying its going to hit $3 by the end of the year

I thought mls wouldn't hold .009 for long. At least it didn't go below .008. The buy side is a lot stronger than what it was, so that's something.

Anyone follow the Company Trading Ideas on Commsec? Good to listen to them?

If Officeworks end up with an IPO and on the stock market seperate from Wesfarmers, what would be your max buy price? Are they seperating to let it die when Amazon takes over without effecting Wesfarmers?

Aren't something like 10% of Aussie Bussinesses owned by muricans? And like 5% by poms?

East coast here, still riding high on property madness, so shut yo' mouth Perth

Amazon won't really take it over though. Officeworks is open late, it's about getting stuff early in the morning before work, or late at night because you're gonna burn the midnight oil finishing that report or assignment.
Totally different market position that Amazon can't accommodate

It definitely wont take over brick and mortar stores. But online orders have gained a fuckton of traction over the past few years and Amazon poses a risk to that if they can offer sameday delivery and great pricing as Officeworks does. And as an employee at one of their warehouses, their system is fucking ancient and have only done so well because of the Wesfarmers buy and having no competition. Officemax and Staples are practically non-existent in aus. Amazon might not kill it, but it could limit the growth.

I didn't know this about their warehouses.
However I think same-day-delivery wouldn't be enough to unseat Officeworks, simply because I know that when I run in there, it's because I need it NOW. Not in 6 hours, not in 12. I need it right now.

Good point about lack of competiton, maybe that's what Woollies should have done instead of that "women's friendly Bunnings" Masters Hardware cockcup.

Woolies really fucked themselves with Masters. Went way too hard, way too fast without the name recognition to get people through the doors. I invested during their dip because of the shitstorm, so I'm cheering. I figured it would jump back up after it blew over.

MLS announcement this morning
Get in quick!

Pretty meaningless ann. Their Uranium tenement is their worst asset.

The fuck is a MLS announcement? (Yes i know its probably a stupid question, im stupid)

The ASX listed company MLS has put out an announcement through the ASX. Announcements cab be simple things like alerting shareholders of options being exercised, significant shareholders changing or assays and DFSs, etc.

Different promises.

Some will absolutely eviscerate the American economy, like all the planned wall ideas.

Some would be great short term, like spending money on infrastructure.

Trump is too much of a bumbling fuckboi to actually understand what's going on around him though, he's basically a cheerleader at this point. We should be discussing these things as Bannon's ideas.

It moved up to .009 and sure enough some fucking black pushed it back to 0.08.

AWWWW SHIT ITS GOING BACK UP GUYS

How much money do you guys have on the market? How many different stocks?

I bought $20,000 worth of MLS when it was 0.012. That's the only stock I own. It is all my savings except for the emergency cash I have.

Hang in there man, I'm in mls too. We'll get out of this yet.

We're telling our clients the market is fairly valued here and we expect things to pickup in the second half

Another trading halt for an announcement coming boys!

Could break the dollar!

I didn't buy but I did see that capital raising announcement hold.
Goodluck lads.

Where is the announcement of the cph cr? I don't see it on commsec.

It's a trading halt for some announcement. On hold til Monday. idk if it is cr though. Might have misread it though.

2nd page of the halt announcement, 1. proposed CR

bump for the asx

Bumping for Friday

>aussie stock exchange

lmao like what, rhodium mines and koale shearers?

>he doesn't like koale
Lmaoing @ ur life

Guys,
Guys,

My stockbroker just emailed thru a placement offer an hour ago. No one was Bcc'd on the emailing list...

I rang and got thru to the guy who sent it he tried to blow me off, I told him what happened and he yelled FUCK!

LOLOLOLOLOLOL! I'm a nobody, but there's some goddamn interesting names on that list!

Can't pump the Trump

What does this even mean?

>Fucboi

Gave yourself away as a dickless SJW right here.

name drop, who are we talking? extra points if you tell us who the broker is.

bumping for the Sheila

bunp

A...Anyone who d...doesn't entirely agree with me, is a s...sjw.

Spotted the intellectual cuck.

bump

The gist of it is this:

user placed an order for some stock. The broker has sent through an e-mail confirming the order.

CC is short for Carbon-Copied, which means other parties receive the correspondence although it is not actually addressed to them. You usually do this when you just want others who are relevant to the issue to be aware of correspondence. The catch is that the person who receives the e-mail, can see who is on the CC mailing list.

You can alternatively use BCC (Blind Carbon-Copy) which will deliver the correspondence to other parties, but will not inform the addressee that others have seen the e-mail.

It appears that the broker has CC'ed high-profile people on to the e-mail accidentally, instead of using BCC, and he has given away what I can only assume is possible clues to big names trading that stock, or some form of insider knowledge.

As such, user rang the broker and he yelled FUCK because he fucked up and gave away the names.

This took me some time to type so you better appreciate my reply. It's more than likely user's post is just purely made-up bullshit anyway.

Brokers fucking suck, Work on a trading floor. It's pretty tame but in places outside of the US there is a lot of screaming at brokers because they "fuck up" like this constantly.

"Don't post this in the group chat"
"I would never"
>Posts in group chat
"You're a fucking asshole"

>Aren't something like 10% of Aussie Bussinesses owned by muricans? And like 5% by poms?
and 50% of property owned by chinese :^)

Nah not made up . And yeah you are pretty much correct although it was more so that brokerage was given an allotment of shares in a speculative mining company to sell of their behalf as a 'placement' . Sorta a capital raising for selected clientele. The broker ducked up though because the placement offer email didn't bcc all the recipients of the email.

I checked the list of emails (11 A4 pages worth). Imagine if it had Gina rinehardts name on it.

I say the placement is probably ruined now. Knowing the Email address of who else was offered the placement could be considered as insider information

Can you tell us what stock it was?
Was it MLS?