/assg/ General

Rabbit edition

>What is Dead by Daylight?
Asymmetrical multiplayer slasher game where 4 survivors scramble to fix 5 generators, while 1 killer wants to sacrifice all of them.
deadbydaylight.com
deadbydaylight.gamepedia.com/Dead_by_Daylight_Wiki

>What is Friday the 13th?
A slasher game featuring Jason and counselors. 7 counselors with different stats and abilities try to escape the camp while Jason kills them one by one.
f13game.com

>What is Last Year?
Beta coming this October, Class based with weaker killers.
lastyearthegame.com

>Discord Chat
discord.gg/Eb3WFHz

>Steam Group
steamcommunity.com/groups/dbdgeneral

>Latest Patch Notes (DbD)
steamcommunity.com/app/381210/discussions/16/1471967615869010456/

>Skill Check Simulator (DbD)
www.mistersyms.com/tools/gitgud/

>Fall Masquerade Event (DbD)
fallmasquerade.deadbydaylight.com/

>Spring Break DLC Trailer (F13)
youtube.com/watch?v=HSdsaehnrX0

>Who Do You Main?
strawpoll.me/13774461
strawpoll.me/13774470
strawpoll.me/13414504
strawpoll.me/13414516

Extra vote for funzies
strawpoll.me/13855362

Is that a dead thread?:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=OySgGzBPW6o
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I want to impregnate Huntress

>2 threads
Which one are we using?

This one I guess. As it has the most posts atm

>More people main Adam than any other counselor
I'm actually surprised.

He's the most balanced male counselor

>2 PM
>Can't find a game on DbD to get some quick BP from door opening dailies to pump into newly prestiged nurse
>Only match I can find on Shit13 has people taking over a minute to load into lobby
Back to playing MMOs.

rip my thread

It's the third time this week that i get teleport and hit 15 survivors for dailies,at first i hated playing hag but now i'm starting to enjoy her.It's a pain chasing someone especially if they have SB but when you hook someone in the basement the fun begins

Lisa's basement of fun is the best

he's garbage and there's no reason to use him or aj

There's no reason to play the game period.

what did they mean by that?

>Need to do a shock daily
>2 people don't even load in
>shock and smack them then leave so we farm a bit
>they've been sitting in madness 3 screaming nor snapping out for 5 fucking minutes
Jesus christ

I fuck up "snap out of it" skillchecks because my toaster drops frames from the electric fuzz effects appearing on the screen. that's why I hate Doc with a passion

Why doesn't this general have a qt dedicated streamer?

With how "pro" people take it I'd think there'd be at least 1

Shark man is our streamer because he's not an attention whore.

not_queen =3

when the fuck does the event start

the timer on the hidden page had a little over 4 days
not sure if its the start of the event or the time remaining in an event that hasnt even been announced but w/e

sauce for a friend

why is this allowed?

because they make money for the platform

>huntress takes billy as an adoptive sun
>tries teaching him how to throw hatchets but he throws chainsaws instead
>she wants to be mad but is instead impressed that he both managed to throw a chainsaw and that he actually hit someone with it

Billy is far too busy rebuilding the pallets, hooks, and occasional bear trap to have fun. A an who knows how to use power tools is pretty useful for the end trial clean up.

>4th time playing killer
>body blocked
>flashlight spam when I pick someone
how the fuck do I avoid these teams? worst part is that I got flammed for camping someone.
I'm supposed to babysit survivors?

but Huntress wants a little girl

trapper would be the one rebuilding shit
after all, he made his machete and mask himself

Billy is a certified mechanic, trapper is a loser who is the most likely thing to ever be caught in his own traps.

>tfw hag main

I just want more clothes besides the bloody version.

>Billy can make and improve a chainsaw
>Trapper welded some metal together
You're right, it sure would be trapper that rebuilds the level.

he truly is best boy

>bm killers all the time
>surprised every que takes like 10+ minutes
fucking survivors

>burn glasses/cookbook
>Why is the killer being such a tryhard XD! reported

>remove the black l4d shirts
>remove flashlights
>rework shadowborn and lightborn to function based on moonlight and fog
>allow hag traps to be destroyed by hand (walk up to them and smudge them over with more mud)
>allow bear traps to regenerate after 2 minutes and immediately if all traps are broken
bam, game's fixed

how do I billy

>DS\sabo-claudette dropping the only hook on that side of the map
>fucking slugger, report

rev chainsaw

Practice masturbating first. You need to be able to edge yourself for as long as you need before the right moment comes up.

>good ol southern boy falling for a negro
Now that ain't right boy.

learn to control your saw charge and only sprint when you can hit someone or have a mostly straight path to run
agi/ig/enduring/whatever
addons depend on the specific type of billy you want to play
slugger-grimy/rusted chains with nurse's calling
swf groups-primer bulb/thompsons mix with tinkerer
map control-primer bulb/spiked boots with overcharge
training wheels-spiked boots/thompsons mix with enduring

Get used to the length of time it takes to fill the bar to chainsaw, then get used to the initial sensitivity at the start. Bind Q and E to left and right turn for ez sprinting. Favorite build for Billy is Agitation/BS/Enduring/Deerstalker, or Nurse's Calling/BS/Enduring/Deerstalker. Don't use add-ons until you're comfortable with base kit.

I'm fine with everything on that list except flashlights. Just get rid of purples and the bulbs, let me have my yellow flashlight to get saves with, it's the only thing I can do for fun in this game anymore.

why I'm always the only cuck doing gens?

fuck gens

A few games ago I did 4 generators by myself while the other 3 people got killed by Billy because they played musical hooks.
I honestly don't think most survivors know what a generator or an exit gate is.

>do 3 gens by yourself while team keeps going down and fleshlighting the killer for saves
>pop a 90%'d gen someone left, start opening gate
>killer chases me for 2 minutes, away from the gates
>succesfully escape from him
>run to the gates
>neither is open

why the hell are you even in the game

for when you feel sad because you're a hillbilly on haddonfield

Doc is the best killer.
Not only he fuck survivors with a metal penetrator, he also fuck players with his fucking electric face on the screen

youtube.com/watch?v=OySgGzBPW6o
you know nothing of haddonfield billy

>wanting to stand in one spot and hold down m1 with the occasional spacebar

No thanks, gencuck.

>not thanking your killer

Actually, the gen guy is probably the one most likely to escape, because everyone else is just getting themselves killed trying to save their friends.

>feet

EVENT

WHEN

is it possible to get it done when there are 2 dead guys and 3 gens left? feels like our only chance is to wait for one of us to die and let the other leave via hatch

exactly

8 hours

Wraith buffs when?

You're just jealous because your feet aren't as pretty.

>Was the only guy doing gens
>Got all 5 done but the killer has killed all 3 of the other survivors because they were playing musical hooks
>He finds me and chases me for 2 minutes, downs me
>Takes me to the exit gate and lets me open it and leave

T-thanks

Are you me?

>Tfw you direct survivors into your trap

Now i understand

was it a huntress?

Yes

No

It was probably the same guy, he did the same for me.
Good killers are usually chill as fuck.

You're within the 1% of trappers that understand how he's supposed to be played, just just tunnel and camp the first person you see.

>wanna be a nice guy every once and a while even though the cube punishes that
>let a Jake get the hatch because I only saw him once all game and he did a good job hiding
>post game chat
>"thanks but I still hate you, faggot"

I won't make that mistake again.

Tunnel? well, that's what the traps are for
Camp? Nah. Random traps everywhere

>pallet looping is a problem is killers actual argument
>they never use enduring+brutal strength

not even 5 seconds and you can feel them typing "it's not fun"

fucking crybabies

>trying nurse and pretty much letting other guys get away with it
>somehow I kill them despite making massive mistakes and sucking hard with the blink skill
>post game chat
>"lol noob"
This nigga got killed by a level 1 killer and has the guts to say shit

Pallet looping comes from the part BEFORE they drop the pallet.

so what's the problem? you're faster than them

I'm guessing you've never been looped before

yeah man, never

WHose yer main?

billy

The issue is that because the survivor is running in a circle around the debris or whatever the pallet is attached to, their smaller hitbox allows them to make tighter turns and stay closer to the inside of the loop, while the killers larger hitbox means they have to make larger loops/turns to travel the same path, which effectively makes your movement speed almost the same as the survivors.

It's a huge time waster and no perks can really help you with that.

Played billy once because rituals and damn the chainsaw need some skills. Maybe because of connection but my chainsaw automatically move to the left.

Good shit senpai

that's a bunch of bs if I ever seen any

if you were to unfold a path around a "pallet loop" spot, you would just have a straight path, and the survivor has the ability to throw down a pallet and get some distance

the high level play is baiting the throw down, to gain more time from a single pallet

the low level play is throwing down each pallet you come by ( they run out pretty fast )

survivors dont have many tools to extend their life, and if pallets is the only reliable game mechanic that does that, then so be it

Endless times you can just assume someone will stall the pallet drop and land a hit on them, and if they do throw it down - enduring+brutal strength. Intimidating them to throwing down all the pallets instantly will lead to no escapes. Obviously the game was only somewhat balanced in the past, and stuff like borrwed time is straight up bs.

At the end of the day, you're a fucking pussy if all you can do about pallet loopers, is report them after game and cry on the forums/reddit.

>someone near a pallet
>he want's to race with me
>say fuck it and take the pallet and break it
did I do good?

>that's a bunch of bs if I ever seen any

The killer and survivor hit boxes are absolutely not the same size.

what's the most difficult map for survivors?
myers and doc map are kinda difficult for me desu

Why don't survivors just fucking leave when the gates are open? They always waste time by hanging around the gates and you're forced to chase them out, knowing you can't kill them once they're at the gates. The devs should change it so survivors can't just teabag the exits until you're forced chase them.

yet, no matter how good the survivor runs around a pallet loop spot, a killer will catch up

Yes, the killer will catch up eventually, I'm not arguing that.

>It's a huge time waster

Is all I was saying.

yes, if played right, but you can still use the pallets to bait them into taking hits if they're cheeky

survivors ha"d" nothing outside pallets

There should be a timer for the gates so you either get in or quickly get to the next gate if guarded

Is the most effective way to counter a pallet looper to chase them until the pallet breaks? Most of them just run to another pallet.... and then another

post yfw all 4 survivors escape

that's how the game looks, enjoy what you have or stop playing

but all pallets arent safe, and you're given chances to get them everytime

Absolutely.

Quit trying to talk sense and be reasonable. This is where killermains get to circlejerk and lament over how terrible the game, survivors and devs are. Anything that doesn't benefit them is cancerous and detrimental to the game, anything less than running up to the killer and offering him your ass to hook is bm and anytime a killer is outplayed it is because the survivors are too powerful and must be nerfed or else there will be no killers. If you can't repeat what has been firmly etched into the stone walls of this echo chamber then get the fuck out of here.

>Outplayed
>Running in a circle
I know you're trolling, but come on

My god. That must felt glorious

>killermains

Can you stop with that? I'm not a killermain, I play both and I looked at the game mechanics objectively while having spent playing both roles for hundreds of hours.

Ever since players had to start creating their own rules to play the game "fairly", that's where the game balance collapsed.

>The new killer perk
Man I'm going to grab this ASAP.

It depends on your killer.
>Trapper, Hag
Place traps preemptively around/at safe pallets and herd survivors into them. If no trap is there, chase like normal and break pallet
>Nurse
Ignore pallets lol
>Huntress
Chase them like normal, if they are going for a pallet drop or vault bring out that hatchet.
>Doctor
Chase them like normal, if they try to camp the pallet shock them and fuck them, shocking them while they run usually won't work because they can just continue to run and by the time you catch up the 2.5 seconds is over, can work for certain places if timed right.
>Wraith, Myers, Hillbilly
Chase them like normal and try to mitigate them on unsafe pallets, if it's a safe pallet go for a break. Myers and Billy benefit from abilities that can one down survivors to quickly end chases, Wraith does not and gets looped the easiest. You can also attempt to cut off survivors with Billy if you chainsaw over.

Practice "mindgames" by hiding your light, going backwards, etc. Won't work everywhere, but can get you hits even if you get stunned right after. Brutal Strength are mandatory on every killer other than Nurse and Huntress. I think Enduring is also important because respecting pallets against decent survivors is no good, and can lead to some hits if a survivor tries some cheeky shit and fucks up.
>hit a survivor at a pallet
>survivor panics, fucks up the drop and stays on the same side as you
>stun from the pallet drop ends the cooldown to swing
>survivor tries to vault back over
>grabbed
Feels amazing man

I live to punish cunts.

Still waiting in tasty brown girls