Tfw watching your trusty shitbox drive off for the last time

>tfw watching your trusty shitbox drive off for the last time
hold me Veeky Forums
how was it when you sold your shitbox?

Attached: 1429432144158.jpg (884x902, 157K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0z7Hhyw5X-U
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I was happy, and then my DD broke down a week later and it felt like God was punishing me for selling it.

Well for the time being im literally a bus rider. Gonna be getting myself into something newer pretty soon. Hopefully that doesnt happen to me

youtube.com/watch?v=0z7Hhyw5X-U

Decently sad. Had it for over three years, drove it everywhere and never really gave me any huge issues except one burnt-out ASR unit

Attached: OneFinalWash.jpg (1461x822, 597K)

Well, my DD was actually more of a shitbox than the car I sold so you'll probably be good. I have a bad habit of falling in love with terrible old cars.

I sold my 97 Lexus Ls400 for $1000 to a guy I worked with. He really badly needed a car, he has 2 kids and got out of jail recently.

I really wish I had sold it for the $3000 it was worth, and I really miss driving it, super comfy, good sound system, heater was hot AF and air conditioner was ice cold.

It felt good giving a friend a great deal, but it was sad seeing her leave the driveway for the final time.

Occasionally I see him driving it around, but it doesn't feel the same as when it was in my care...

I was a little sad, but relieved to see it go. It was getting to the point where all sorts of age related issues were starting to show up. Just didn't want to put money into it anymore, so I flogged it off before things got worse.

>selling your car
>not driving it into the ground, stripping the parts to sell and sending the shell to the wreckers.

p
l
e
b

i mean thats fine if you want to drive decrepit shitboxes that are falling apart until they cost more than they're worst

>tfw watching your smashed up shitbox be taken away on a flatbed, never to return.

Attached: 1416529283820.gif (500x375, 435K)

I had both of mine do that on the same day. Felt like the rare pepe as well

i traded my miata for a 240
after a couple weeks i immediately wanted it back. sold the 240, messaged the guy i traded my miata to and bought it back.
ill never let this fucker go. even if my ex and i shared a lot of time in it and it just constantly reminds me of her im still not gonna let it go, this guy has been through so much with me.

Attached: 1491423216086.jpg (2000x1125, 1.69M)

I'm never selling my cars. I'll keep them going till I die

I have never sold one of my cars.

I completely agree. Miata's are some of the most enjoyable cars out there.

haven't sold off my shitbox yet, and I probably won't
I'm just gonna drive it into the ground, shifting from shitbox to shitbox
fuck new cars

>car breaks down
>sudden surge to fix her up while staring at her in the garage
>get it running like new in just 3 days

Attached: 1521587337956.png (512x556, 334K)

why even post in the fucking thread at that point?

I have an old Mazda that I am considering selling, its old and forgotten but in good shape. I'm considering contacting Mazda in my country to see if they'd buy it back as a historic piece.

I hated that heap of shit and I sold it for top dollar.

Attached: 1475169463343.jpg (900x675, 148K)

> He thinks he got a deal on it by talking me down from 2000 to 1200. Jokes on him the head gasket blew 6000 miles ago. Mfw that faggot said he was gonna lower it

Attached: IMG_0574.jpg (400x146, 22K)

>be first car
>drive it for 6 years
>little bro turns 16 so give it to him
>totals it in 3 months
>mfw

I lost my virginity in that thing

Attached: D88B642C-DE91-46F1-8CF1-440094B12087.gif (500x283, 549K)

If you liked it enough to make this thread, why did you sell it?

i'm in the middle of selling one, i don't need this thread right now

it was terrible shitbox, but it was my first car. i'm trying not to think about this first time i've gone on 400km trip and was amazed how reliable and trustworthy it is
>getting out at 4am
>running through highway as sun slowly rises, sky changing from deep dark blue to orange
>comfy music
>perfect temperature
>rolling through the world, towards adventure

shit, i've started thinking about it. that being said, now i have a miata and i can't even imagine going back, so it's just empty nostalgia

Attached: 1515741467291.png (769x720, 230K)

>the car you love isnt worth any money
>it will stay with you forever as a result
Honestly neat.

Just sold my trusty little pick-up yesterday
it's always kind of sad in a way. even though i don't have serious regrets or wish i would have kept it, its still kind of sad to let it go since it was a good truck

Attached: 1521517779656.png (1920x1080, 1.54M)

they were all stolen by niggers?

I wasnt going to take care of my car the way it deserved so in a way im alright with selling it because a collector across an ocean bought it to restore it and just him going through the effort of getting it to his country proved to me that he would take care of it. Its like being to poor to be able to feed your dog so you give him to a rich family in a mansion. Of course you're sad to see her go, but if she could live a happier fuller life somewhere else, isn't it alright to let her leave?

I guess I'm not a very sentimental person because I never really feel sad when seeing a vehicle go. I'm usually selling to upgrade to something I like more though.

what is it like to live without a soul??

Good story awful retarded shoped eyes.

I have exactly the same feeling towards my 2004 fiesta sans the "got a miata" part. Is it really that great? What about cold weather?

This. That shit's furry-tier autism

Attached: image.png (626x384, 186K)

I've done it 3 times now. Feels bad every time.

i drove my miata through the winter and loved every second of it. it's warm as hell inside (after engine warms up) and it never gets steam on windows. my previous shitbox was getting quite steamy in the winter, seat four people inside and you can only see through front window. and then there is also rwd, which is amazing in the winter, and other wonders of amazing miata handling. i was going out at night just to have winter fun with my miata, and it was worth every penny.

if anything, rust might be a problem. I had some rust when i bought the car, and it got a bit worse through the winter, but it's not that painful since i absolutely love working on this car, so i don't mind trying out all of the stuff ordinary folk can do in order to fight rust

one time i had bit of a problem going uphill on super slippery icy entrance to local track, but i managed to do it anyway. in everyday city/village roads driving, there was no issues with traction whatsoever

I have fought tooth and nail to keep my first and second car, and I actually spend every bit of spare money I have into maintaining them. Don't be like me, don't own 3 cars at age 21, it's not financially sustainable. I secretly hope that my first car dies gloriously so i can have fond memories of the thing and I can downsize to two. Then again I almost lost thing thing on black ice this past week going fast enough to kill me with it, so maybe I'll keep paying to maintain and drive it.

>I haven't had this horrible experience yet
Those warning lights and several engine problems dont mean much. Right?

Attached: clio-chan.jpg (800x535, 66K)

my prelude rolled into the scrapper's lot with the coolant temp maxed, smashed front end from when a brand new Lexus hit it while parked. suspension sagged, underbody was 90% rust. driver side door electronics totally failed. About 180k miles. I got 100 bucks for her, stole the passenger seat before I left her to be crushed. I'm going to turn that seat into a desk chair when I find time.
Kept the owner's manual after I met the original salesman who sold the car. He left a small note in the manual of every car he sold since he started in the 80s. Ran into him when my sister bought her Civic.
Current co worker also had a prelude, we constantly talk about owning another one.

Attached: preludeminenoplates.png (604x453, 587K)

Just happened yesterday.
It was a fucking feel because I had that car since I was a junior in high school.
Luckily I sold it to my uncle so I can still see it when I go over to his place.

I never sold her.

I can never get rid of cars, whenever they break i find it easier and cheaper to just fix it and keep it

Unless its crashed i find no raeson to put a car in the junkyard

aww yiss, sold it
i've sold it and i couldn't be happier. fuck nostalgia, i have money now, i can even get 1.8 swap for my miata if i feel like it. all of my attachment to this shitbox disappeared at the moment i've signed the papers

that being said, this car was standing on my yard unused for three months already, so i had lots of time to make my peace with this 'loss'

It was sad but I actually left before the truck came so I didn't have to see it

Attached: IMG_20170825_173358250.jpg (2254x1268, 788K)

All these "im never selling" posts at least post a picture of it so i can laugh harder.

i was sad until my insurance cheque came in and i got a new truck and got over it
was a nice car though, first one's always hard