Really makes you think

Really makes you think.

>bible thumping retards taking this quote out of context

God never said that because God doesn't exist.
Checkmate

But if God never existed, how could he die?

If you haven't seen the movie 'God's Not Dead' yet, definitely check it out. It's a Christian movie that was essentially made to show at Protestant youth group meetings about a college freshman who totally "OWNS" his atheist Phil prof. It's unintentional comedy gold in every way. As the final credits are about to roll, the movie breaks the fourth wall and implores the viewer to text his friends and loved ones, saying "God's Not Dead" as a testament of faith. The delicious irony, of course, is that this sort of thing is exactly what Nietzsche was actually describing when he said "God is dead"

>mfw people always forget that words differ in meaning naturally and continuously

>still thinking Nietzsche was literally talking about God instead of absolutes.

Dear God is this the fucking truth. Every single church fucking harps on this quote incessantly like insecure little bitches and not a single one knows what the Parable of Madman is or that it's where the quote originates.

Not existing = dead. You were dead before you were born.

>high school senior English teacher was a hardcore Catholic Bible thumper
>mfw he brought up Nietzsche making that quote
>mfw he had us read all of Parable of a Madman in class and straight-up told us Nietzsche was not saying what everyone thinks he said

>fedora tipping retards taking this quote out of context

What did Nietzsche even mean by that?

Not to be a stickler but it's just slightly earlier than the parable of the madman that the quote originates. Sommin' about the shadow of buddha.

Nietzsche sees the "killing of God" as the embrace of a scientific cosmology. As there is no definite reality, this embrace is one of a cold, empty reality instead of a more emotive religious one. Is it really any better? Though religion still exists within this new framework, it is ultimately forever displaced as faith is diminished by the acceptance of an empty spacial reality; hence why he calls existing churches sepulchers of God. God is dead, we have killed him, and it is impossible to bring him back.
That's my interpretation in it anyway.

>irony and mockery

The fruit of atheism

Catholics tend to be better about that kind of stuff. You'll never see a Catholic doing any of the really autistic shit like speaking in tongues, believing in young earth creationism, or literally thumping bibles, they tend to be more laser focused on politics and policing the behavior of people around them.

I do notice those that don't follow God's Word in the Bible and believe they are being insulted and think those that hold to the truth are 'ignorant'

We, like the Bereans, search the scriptures daily, to check what we are being taught is so. Paul's epistles warn many times of false teachers who deceive many WITHIN the church

Yes those who cant think outside a certain narrow doctrinal framework do tend to be quite ignorant.

Confession time. I unironically love both of these guys.

>You were dead before you were born.
Not only does this not make any sense, but it doesn't work with the quote. Nietzsche said we killed him. That means he was alive.

That Europe was on the brink of a spiritual paradigm shift.

Harrison Ford and Bryan Cranston?

No, I mean a hardcore Bible thumper. I had him pegged as a typical Southern Baptist based on the things he was saying until he mentioned how he caught shit from the KKK for years in the 60s because there weren't any black people in his neck of the woods so he as a Catholic was the next best thing.

>Irony and mockery are bad things

Feel sorry for ya, pal

>Ken Ham
Seems like a nice guy, just a bit confused.
>Ray Comfort
I'll give him this: he made me laugh.

I'd love to see them face off against Don and Dick, though.

>implying those aren't the main debating tactics of Christians on Veeky Forums

Kaufmann said this was his favorite variation of that exchange.

plenty of catholics believe in YEC, the age of the earth calculation was done by a catholic also there are charismatic catholic movements

The Big Bang theory was invented by a Catholic Priest named Georges LemaƮtre and the official church position is that both evolutionary theory and Big Bang theory are compatible with Catholic doctrine so any "Catholic" who embraces an obsolete equation about existence is out of step with holy see.

Yeah instead they just rape kids and tell third worlders that condoms cause AIDS

>dead before we were born
Dead means no longer alive. We don't say rocks are dead, they were never alive to begin with.

But user, don't you know that family & family friends are the rapers around here?

Was Nietzsche anti-natalist?

You can at least skim his Wikipedia page. I mean I get being lazy but this is going a bit too far now.