Let's have a tire thread. What brands do you trust, what do you not trust, what tires to you run...

Let's have a tire thread. What brands do you trust, what do you not trust, what tires to you run, what sort of 'performance category' fits best for your car, what sort of size tire do you run, and what is your car?

wat tire iz gud

Attached: DSC02755.jpg (1280x960, 301K)

I got cheap Cooper tires and one exploded on the freeway in the middle of a freezing cold desert at night after like 2k miles on it.

I had to change the tire in pitch black in the freezing cold with nothing on all sides except the occasional semi truck whizzing by me. It was then I became a man, thanks Cooper tires!

Michelin

I think you mean Pirelli

Running toyos on my diesel right now. Mich's are better and will probably be the only thing I buy in the future

C
No easy answers and u have spent at least 15k on tires for all sorts of personal vehicles but I can give some general tips.

>all seasons from the biggest of the major manufacturers should be the only lines you consider

R&D is really tricky for these. I don't like Michelin defenders and would guide you to something else if that's your only choice for your ultra pleb size. Pirelli P7s are good substitute but otherwise Michelin is my go-to for passenger car tires. I have had very good Goodyear, continental, Pirelli. Generally solid are Yokohama, Bridgestone/Firestone, maybe toyo. No namersand discount are asking for trouble.

>dedicated summer or winter tires from Acme, Mickey Mouse'n'Co, and the majors can satisfy tastes subtle and gross.

Simpler tires to design if you are willi ng to go this route you can get the best of performance for both seasons with just the hassle of changing them out and the upfront cost of an extra set of wheels. The best michelin all seasons I have had can best most mid grade summers for a performance catregory and run with all but the tippy top max performance summers while giving winter traction superior to the cheapest winter tires. It costs about the same for one set of those as in my three sizes as it does for a mid grade summer set and a mid grade winter set. Better mileage has been had running the separate summer and winter sets vs one all season set.

>truck tires

BFG AT KO2 were a big disappointment. Terrible wet asphalt performance. I got rid of them after 5k miles.

GOODYEAR is normally my choice for my fishing and hunting rigs with the seemingly now discontinued Wrangler Duratrac being my favorite blend of off-road traction for all manner of crap (clay mud, rocky terrain, stuff far beyond forest service dirt roads). Wrangler All terrain adventure is the better tire for mostly highway duty, especially if towing or haul i ng heavy in the bed. It is a really fucking heavy tire, though.

Michelin literally best tires, ride quality/longevity.. also of the most expensive. Pirelli, continental also great. Bfg, Goodyear/dunlop, firestone, hankook/kumho good in order of best to worst. Anything else ok to junk depending on the pricey

>truck tires continued

I would avoid other Goodyear other than the duratrac's rep placement and Mt/ r.

If you need bias ply you know you do.

You will find fans of almost any brand out there and vehicle specific forums in application specific threads will be your best guide.

I forgot Yokohama in there somewhere before the hankook

nope

I like my Grabber AT2s, similar tread pattern as the BFG AT KO2 but way cheaper. Oh well..almost anything was better than the stock BFG Long Trails.

I've got some Michelin Pilot Super Sports on order right now, 245/40 R18. I figure all the hype must be for some sort of reason, so I'm hoping they live up to it. I've had very good results with snow tires from Nokian, I ran the Hakkapeliitta R2 in 225/45 R18 all winter and barely even noticed the snow on the ground. I drive an RX-8, so on normal tires snow results in constantly getting stuck and epic dorifto everywhere I try to go.

Are there cold weather but not necessarily snow tires or is that just all seasons?
I’ll get 2-3 months of 15-45F weather but only 1 or 2 snows.

General Grabber at2's 245/70R16 and 265/70R16 here, I always had good luck with general tires and would buy another set when the time comes.

Attached: futureclassics.jpg (3780x1064, 2.39M)

Commuter: Goodyear, Michelin, Continental best brands not necessarily in that order
Avoid low end Pirelli tires ex. P7 I have seen belt shifts on 4 different sets of Pirelli P7 on different cars with different manufacturing dates all with more than 7/32" of tread left and less than 3 years old

Economy: General Tire, Hankook, some Dunlop, but don't expect any of them to last more than 60 000 km or 5 years before wearing out or cracks develop

Off road: not my forte but everyone seems to prefer Bf Goodrich, Wrangler Duratec are very popular but seem to dry rot faster than others

Other points: bridgestone will develop cracks along bead wider than 1/32" and longer than 1" usually the entire circumference of the tire and will fail catastrophically if not replaced before 7 years.

Chinese knock offs will wear out or dry rot sooner than others no exceptions. But if your selling a car and need to pass a safety inspection they will do in a pinch.

Hakka-whatever and Nokians are still the best winter tires with Blizzaks a close third

Do not drive on a flat tire 95% you will damage the sidewall on a tire that is usually repairable.

For tire busters:
Sometimes the leak is impossible to find until the weight of the vehicle is on it and fully inflated. Like pic related. Also once in a blue moon the valve cap itself can depress the valve core and slowly leak. So leak check with customer's valve caps on.

Attached: 20180319_131444.jpg (4032x3024, 3.64M)

Generals are pretty good

Fellow tirefag detected. i was a tirefag like 2003-2005. still train the noobs sometimes. wanna hear some shit? last week me n the other og tirefag mounted 2 brand "new" dunlops on a guys car... DOT last 4 digs 1500.

Se we all know the hakka R2s are good winter tires, but what about their all-seasons? Looking at their Entyre brand

I've had great luck with both GG AT2's and BFG TKO's. I wouldn't hesitate to buy either.

Attached: IMG_20161022_173252239.jpg (4000x2251, 3.72M)

These are a really nice tire, I know a few owners of these

tirebro's can you help with

>Pirelli

Attached: aEkxPx0V_700wa_0.gif (200x200, 296K)

fuck semis

What kind of vehicle?

We use the at3 it's good for on and off road. It's quiet and has good traction

M3

I'm running entyre 2.0s on my daily and I've been very pleased with them so far. They don't seem to care if the road is dry or wet, and their traction in deep snow is actually pretty impressive. I think my favorite part is that I've got 18k on them and the 80% tread life indicators are still visible.

What is the best LT tire for driving 80% paved road and 20% shitty sometimes unmaintained forest service and industry roads? So far the most favor seems to be for BFG KO2's from the sites I've looked over.

i didnt know you had a frontier as well. what year/trim? any issues?

falken wildpeak at3w 265/70/r17.

Attached: IMG_1465.jpg (4032x3024, 1.98M)

fixed

Attached: new shoes.jpg (3024x4032, 1.8M)

Finally put down an order for a set of 35x12.5x15 BFG Mud-Terrains. Going to look something like this, and I have a feeling they'll be an improvement over 225/75/16 Cooper Discoverer AT3s

I've heard so many good things about the General Grabbers - are they really better than BFG AT's as an all-around all terrain?

Attached: 21314682_10159381409100061_188172520215729511_n.jpg (960x720, 155K)

>what year/trim?
2012 SV 4x4 6 speed
>any issues
yes, the clutch safety switch makes contact with a with a grommet that is in a hole on the pedal arm. I guess its supposed to be kinda a pedal cushion. Well that grommet fell out and I couldn't start my truck. now I have to reach under the dash and push the switch in to start it. Other than that, its a great truck.

>are they really better than BFG AT's as an all-around all terrain?
I think their better all around tires. The Generals just don't looks as cool as the BFG's though which is why I think people swear by the BFG's.

P.S. the Generals have holes for studding and are noticeably softer so have the BFG's beat on winter traction.

Attached: 20180304_152519.jpg (4128x2322, 3.24M)