/civ4xg/ - Stellaris, Endless, Civilization and 4X Games General

/rtsg/ /cbg/
Previous Thread: We literally forgot to make a new thread edition.

STELLARIS
>Pastebin:
pastebin.com/YHdisqem
>WIP Ship Design Guide for 1.5.1:
pastebin.com/2QWUPKSh
>Another Ship Design Guide for 1.5:
www.reddit.com/r/Stellaris/comments/61nolh/ship_equipment_load_out_for_141_15/
>Wiki:
www.stellariswiki.com
>The Development of Stellaris
www.gamasutra.com/view/news/274018/Postmortem_Paradox_Development_Studios_Stellaris.php
>Steam group
steamcommunity.com/groups/vgstellaris

ENDLESS SPACE 2
>Official and Unofficial Wiki
wiki.endless-space.com
endless-space-2.wikia.com
>Community Hub
www.games2gether.com
>Planets Stats
imgur.com/w5RO8TH.jpg
>Ships Stats
pastebin.com/aabCNGau
>Horatio splicing guide
pastebin.com/1cH8sqEH
>Manual
cdn.akamai.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/392110/manuals/User%27s_Manual_-_Endless_Space_2.pdf
>ES2 politics guide.
pastebin.com/pDUQDpwA

ENDLESS LEGEND
>Manual:
cdn.akamai.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/289130/manuals/User'sManual.pdf
>Wiki:
endlesslegendwiki.com
endless-legend.wikia.com

CIVILIZATION
>Browser Civ Game, plays like civ2
play.freeciv.org
>Fix for Civ IV BTS XML errors:
www.dropbox.com/sh/ljdms8ygix2btcs/AACC_IGIy7zAkomwA6S4DJp3a?dl=0
>Civilization Analyst (Civ VI, Civ V, BE):
well-of-souls.com/civ/index.html
>Civ V Giant Multiplayer Robot:
www.multiplayerrobot.com
>Civ 5 Mods
forums.civfanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=393
>Civ 5 More Mods
pastebin.com/5ANRmRur
>Civ 5 Drafter
georgeskleres.com/civ5/
>District Cheat Sheet:
civ6.gamepedia.com/District
>/civ4xg/ steam group
steamcommunity.com/groups/civ4xg

ALPHA CENTAURI
>Essential improvements:
pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Sid_Meier's_Alpha_Centauri#Essential_improvements

MICROPROSE
>MoM
www.myabandonware.com/game/master-of-magic-21t
>Wiki
masterofmagic.wikia.com/wiki/Mod
>MoO 2
gamesnostalgia.com/en/game/master-of-orion-ii-battle-at-antares

DISTANT WOLRDS : UNIVERSE
pastebin.com/hubsc3ZS

Other urls found in this thread:

forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/stellaris-dev-diary-85-decadence-and-ascension-path-changes.1042779/
neolithic-game.com
kickstarter.com/projects/uncasualgames/ancient-cities
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=911550287
youtube.com/watch?v=_szIl97S33Y&t=1070s
games2gether.com/endless-space-2/blogs/558-target-locked-is-coming-soon
games2gether.com/endless-space-2/forums/65-general/threads/27782-target-locked-update-notes-preview
youtu.be/_szIl97S33Y?t=14m15s
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/stellaris-dev-diary-85-decadence-and-ascension-path-changes.1042779/

So, they're buffing temples and genetic ascension gets another point?

Huh, should I stuck with my spiritualist gene-modders or make the jump to Synths?

Is not having to deal with food a huge bonus?

stop playing stellaris

For that guy at the end of the last thread asking about post-apocalyptic city-builders, there is also Atomic Society, but literally the name and that it is still in development is all I know

Atomic Society sucks right now, the concept is cool though.

Dwarf Fortress should have some apocalypse mods around. Don't know if they stay updated though

make me

Looks like Mako reactor

If Frostpunk doesn't let you have wars with other ice cities for resources it will be shit

>wanting wars in city builders
Please do not do that

This is exactly what I want - Sim City but with some military component, where I can make bases and fortifications, and eventually kill all of the enemy military and civilians while destroying their buildings.

so basically age of war

Grand Ages Rome did something like that too.

The old Sierra city-building games have a bit of a military component, where you must satisfy your citizens needs and allow them to grow in social status and eventually be able to conscript soldiers from them to defend your city.

Im particularily fond of of Master of Olympus: Zeus + The Atlantis Expansion.

You can also build militrary buildings like walls, towers and trirreme ports, attract nobles that serve as soldiers for your offensive armies, and even attracting heroes and gods to your city to help you on it's defense and (sometimes when ivading others) by building temples and shrines.

Black and White 3 when

The trading companies in ES2 are alright But there is there any dealing with corporations on a much deeper scale?

neolithic-game.com

FUCK YES IT GOT FUNDED

Looks cool, like:
kickstarter.com/projects/uncasualgames/ancient-cities

>Veeky Forums catalog
>ctrl+f civ4
>down the bottom as usual

Will we be able to have cute robo-waifu overlords in the next update?

This is exactly my type of game. Glad to see the guy running this project actually has real experience in game design and isn't just some nobody, so maybe it stands a good chance of coming out.

You can be AI curators who care for their biological "masters" who are useless and do nothing. I plan to make such an empire called the Robo-Meido Collective

>Nobody is going to turn spiritualists into cyborgs when doing so pisses off the pops.
Incorrect.
Unrest is a meme, and ethics attraction is fucked so your pops probably aren't your state ideology anyway, and even if they were, faction happiness penalties are inconsequential because happiness is inconsequential.

Question: given the bonuses that Synths get -- not needing to bother with food, for one -- is there any point to NOT starting as a synthetic empire and just doubling down on your energy/mineral production using food tiles?

Robot empires don't start with synths.
They have "mechanical" pops, which in every flavour sense are identical to synths but mechanically are a distinct thing without bonuses

Why wait? Just play Riftborn

So, they still eat?

So, it's just a portrait change?

The only difference that "Mechanical empire" pops have at the start of the game is energy as food.

They're both just as easy to bully anyway so nothing of value is added

Naw dude they have an entire different set of traits that are completely different than the biological traits that normal hiveminds get to select from.

I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not, so just in case you aren't...
As with many mechanics in Stellaris this is a distinction without a difference. Yes, mechanical pops do have a "Whole new set of exclusive traits"... but they're just reskinned versions of old traits. 'Industrious' is now 'Power drills'. 'Nomadic' is 'Articulated armatures' (or something). It's literally a cut-paste reskin.

Must be a new paradox employee, try shilling in parashits defense on another site.

>page 9

I think you do still need to grow food if your a rogue servitors empire since bio-trophies still do need to eat.

Plz no bully the seatbelt robots

>playing Stellaris
>research synthetics
>droid pops replaced by "synthetic" pops
>still look like robots
>still purely mechanical
>synthetic people don't imitate the natural product, which is the fucking definition of synthetic

The new update better give me a way to fix this shit. If not, I need a mod that changes my synth pops to look like my founding species. I've found some kind of like this, but they only work after completing the synthetic ascension path.

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=911550287
Is my go-to mod, the I think there are other two or more in the workshop.

Anyone here know about Dawn of Andromeda? It's (((mixed))) on Steam, but it's got a big update yesterday.

>Playing EL2 on Serious difficulty (I'm a babby pls no bully)
>Meet Cravers
>oh fuck better fortify my border worlds
>100 turns later
>"Why haven't they been fucking with me?"
>Send explorer vessels
>They're confined to their home system
>They got their asses handed to them in a war
>Against the Vodyani
Literally

H O W
O
W

It's dumbed down Stellaris basically.

Is it even physically possible to dumb down Stellaris any more?

How can you dumb down Stellaris?

Just look at this UI. It has not much useful information.

And terrible aliasing.

Here's the colony screen.

Vodyani are the strongest faction by far.

But how does one play them most effectively? Just leech on every single thing in the universe and keep bribing them to keep their panties from twisting?

The AI is terribad at playing Vodyani, and the Cravers get fucking stupid levels to FIDSI in higher difficulties because it stacks with their depletion bonuses

Is this by Amplitude? Looks shit just like ES games.

No. But funnily enough, it's published by Iceberg Interactive.

Yeah, I already tried that one. It only let me choose my synths' portraits after ascension. Then again, I did also have synth portraits extended on as well, so that might have been the problem.

You start with Religious and Militant factions in power. "Bribing" isn't necessary. Find a minor faction and succ them ASAP. Build a fleet and slap anyone in the dick who tries to stop the succ. Besides leecher ships, conquering systems, brainwashing minor factions, and certain laws and modules will provide essence. If you have to rebuild your starting Leecher you may as well quit your game, they're too damn expensive otherwise.

>have a bunch of explored sectors in my sphere of influence
>luxury goods, some metals needed for making engines and reactors in them
>my civilian mining ships are only going between my home sector and these two other sectors
Why? I thought that they are supposed to get materials on their own? They go grab metals and gases from all of the planets in my home sector, even the uncolonized ones and asteroids floating around.
Do they ONLY go to my mining stations outside of my home system?

And then bullshit like this throws me off

One lone mining ship goes to fucking nowhere to mine a moon when there are luxury resources much closer, and strategic resources 2 systems away from my home system

The AI is a bit slow in DW

Damn we're dead...

We only need portraits and yandere maid voice acting.

I for one welcome our new waifu overlords.

But its fun.

I'm sure I already saw this somewhere..

Hopefully we do so that I can genocide them

>conquer race of warrior bugs in Distant Worlds
>plan on jacking their tax rate up to 40% or so when they stop rebelling
>check on them a few months after conquering
>3 million of my species moved there because I forgot to forbid anybody from going there
>set my race to resettle, wait for the insect rebellion to end
>check again later
>there are now 64 million of my race, and still growing
How do I get my people off this fucking rock

I'm watching the Synthetic Dawn Feature Stream and the materialist and pacifist voice packs are fucking horrible. The xenophile one though makes me want to have my dogs tear my ears off.
And of course Wiz loves the militarist one, the fucking cuck. I'm xenophobe voice is fine I guess.
The democratic and spiritualist are pretty good though, and I love the authoritarian voice.
youtube.com/watch?v=_szIl97S33Y&t=1070s

You can always hire a voice actor to make your own custom voice pack.

is beyond earth playable with the expansion and mods or should i just forget about it?

This is...good?

Can you at least turn them off?

Yes

Xenophobe sounds like David Warner

Who dat?

Civ VI is fucking fun if you're not a turbo autist.

no.

the only way it's even remotely useful is if it you have numerous vassals you want to integrate, but you should just annex planets from the start anyway.

I assume the cricket player.

How is Endless Space 2 compared to the first one?

better in some ways but still has many of the same flaws like crap combat and bad AI

and like the first one it might probably get better with an expansion

you can't

they want to fug the bug

Forget about it.
It's a slightly better game with BE, but it's a lipstick-on-a-pig improvement

I fucking hate Empire Earth.

stop trying to trigger me using memes and buzzwords famshit

they have been mind raped
they are no longer a part of your race
torch the fucking place

Speaking of which
has anyone ripped out the resources in BERT for use in a Civ V mod? I mean, there's several exploitable ones.

Fighters and bombers soon lads.
games2gether.com/endless-space-2/blogs/558-target-locked-is-coming-soon
>This update will bring fighters & bombers, along with specific Battle tactics to make your fighter squadrons shine, & modules to support this new kind of weaponry. Look forward to our guide explaining how to best use fighters & bombers, when to build them, which fleet types will benefit from them, and how you can defend against the onslaught.
>Target Locked features a dedicated quest which, starting in Military Era 4, will give players a chance to discover who exactly has been assembling huge amounts of fighters and letting them loose on the galaxy, with an attractive reward for the winner.
>It also features introduces a new heroine, pirate ace Jennifer Rach. Using the Seeker and Scavenger hero trees, will be an incomparable asset when it comes to leading squadrons of fighters and bombers into the fray!
>Finally, the game also adds a new Unfallen view to the main menu, to change up from the Lumeris and Vodyani... and then there's page after page of balance changes and fixes, all of which will be listed in the update notes on Thursday!

They will be either OP or useless. Like always.

All those ships in those 'lanes' are just frieghters. They cannot go anywhere other than colonies, ports, or mines.
And that's just what is in the Ruhan and Raethal systems: Mines.
Also, I don't seen any mines in any of the nearby systems which is why you have those tidy lines of ships; there is literally nowhere else for them to go.
Working normally as far as I can see.
HINT: Build more damn mines.

The mining ships will randomly head for any scanned resource the AI has flagged as a priority. You can't change this.
Sometimes it seems to pick based on the resource % rather than distance, which I agree is silly.

Bad news friend.
You can not forbid your starting race from migrating anywhere.
Enjoy your carefully coralled xeno pops being overrun forever.
You can mitigate it somewhat by only having a single module in your passenger ship design - it won't stop your guys migrating there, but it should give you enough time to grow the pops to keep a majority.

Yeah, I'm hoping they'll manage to have them at least somewhat balanced out of the gate but it's probably for naught. Don't know how they'll fit into current weapon balance, but the devs on some other thread said that they're planning to reduce the offensive power of kinetics (to compensate for them countering both missiles and now strike craft to lesser extent) while buffing beams for general use so they can fire at Medium range with halved fire rate. Bombers themselves have a bigger bonus against larger hull types and IIRC they'll focus those down first, while Carriers get some bonus to strike craft modules like the other 4 hull types get bonuses to either offensive or defensive modules.

Roman bully not so tough after getting raped.

This is the third thread you've asked this in.
And those are just the ones that I've seen.
If nobody's said "yes" to you yet, one has to suspect that the answer is "no"

He's a namefag. They're notoriously retarded.

Oh wait I'm a retard. They actually released a preview build of the update and patch notes.
games2gether.com/endless-space-2/forums/65-general/threads/27782-target-locked-update-notes-preview

>Oh wait I'm a retard
Screened.

are you playing on marathon? How is it turn 308 and you have spearmen?

I always play on Marathon with only domination victories starting in the ancient period.

damn son. How long does it take you to complete a game?

> only domination victories
> not "All victories except score enabled for the AI but I the player will only do domination"

I've never completed a civ game.

Well, if it was said out loud and clearly it clears it up y'know? Also I don't want to jump into conclusions. Who knows, if there was actually someone who did it but nobody knows?

Voices!
youtu.be/_szIl97S33Y?t=14m15s

>Voice packs are not options that are not a new option that is chosen when creating an empire.

>Instead they are chosen for the player Empire when starting a new match.

>Can't assign Voice Packs to NPC Empires.

>Have to choose between Different ethically themed Voice Packs so even if you Empire's ethics change the voicepack will continue to be the same.

>Voice Packs are not designated by Humanoid, Mammalian, Plantoid, etc.

Who in development thought this was a fucking good idea?

You ask the obvious.

It's always Wiz, aka The Fuckwit, aka Scared Of Loud Noises, aka Goat Worrier, aka Friendless, aka Casual Player, aka Brown Nose, aka Piss-Stained, aka Scrub Lord, aka DarkSydeWiz, aka JizzStain, aka Dick Licker.

He mentions the shit show about the Militarist VA in the video

Let me guess what he says:
>"I dindu do nuffin"
>"fucking sexists pigs"
>"women have every right to be stronk!!"