Fighting Games General /fgg/

pastebin.com/rPVC94ez

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0KmQxP9JYpI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I hope you have a good time playing fighting games today /fgg/!!!

In the new MvC, is Spidey going to have the black suit as alternate colors or will I have to buy it as DLC later? Seriously, this is the only thing that matters.

Low IQ-Bee was going to be in MvCI, but our girl Morrigan put a stop to that

>At the age of 22, Gill was chosen to be the president due to his superior strength and charisma. This happened sometime before the events of Street Fighter III.

Urien is in his mid-20s? He looks at least 30

how does he do it

wish i was rashid bros...

people complained about how garbage he was in s1. now they can't stop complaining about how good he is.
will there ever be a middle ground?

Juri is my wife

being paranoid with an inferiority complex will do that

Alternate color.

I don't need to get used to anything. MvC2 is old news. MvCI is what matters now and in that she is carol's partner.

Based morrigan the bee destroyer.

Probably not.
As good as he is right now, there are certain match-ups that just feel fucking unwinnable unless you are a god.

Abigail, Guile, Dhalism, even already Menat. Not impossible, but fuck its so god damn hard.

best artist

Stick feels pretty nice to play in.
The buttons feel good, even on a stick that's suppossed to have spongey buttons.

The stick itself I'm having some issues with, but I suppose it's lack of practice.

/blog

ex banishing flat would have come in handy in those matchups. but nooo we just get a useless ass counter.

You have no idea how much that counter move fucking pisses me off. I was on keyboard and not hitbox, and that shit comes out a lot on fucking accident when buffering the 360. Shit gets me killed so much that I've been playing Alex because his execution is easier.

Banishing flat would be too good on current Gief. V-Trigger being a reverse green hand is honestly a good idea

Whatever helps you sleep at night.

Why can't he get punch lariat and kick lariat back, with different hitboxes and timing between them?

Pope when?

I sleep pretty well already. Don't need anything to help me sleep.

xrd needs to get better at teasing future characters, or even have seasons like sfv.

if you didn't like rev 2's baiken and answer, there's nothing look forward to besides an interview that says "i'd like to add robo-ky eventually"

Think they fucked?

Wait, what prevented vtrigger ryu from doing wakeup dp into super in season 1?

Bridget will be at TGS.

nothing, it still doesn't desu unless your meaties are on point

SFV has the best business modle out of basically any fighter honestly

KI is also alright, where it allows you to pick any part of the game you want and buy that.
No free characters except for Jago though.

I thought they were born centuries ago or some godly shit

Choose.

You're at the club when millia slaps you, gets you in an air combo but she doesn't have pin and can't knock you down. Do you still fall and accept the oki to not make her feel bad?

Yup, that was among my other picks. I hope they let Win10 users transfer paid stuff to the steam version, though.

My other picks were NRS games and Skullgirls.

jivers what was your first fm purchase?

I just yell Gypsy curses and tell her to fuck off.

I think it was ken's story costume.

What a waste of money btw.

What could Tokido have done here?

I just started and I have 130k FM or so. I dunno what to buy.
Probably Akuma I think.

>keep gief out for half the round
>lose neutral getting grabbed with spd one time
>lose round
brainded character

He could go back to playing a non-cucked game that has chip deaths

"So in the comics, each Infinity stone can break one of the laws of the universe, like time, reality, space, etc, and so in infinite, each of the stones lets you mess with one of the laws of fighting games."
-Peter "Combofiend" Rosas, 2017

>power
Power is abare and damage, the surge allows you to extend combos that you normally could not, giving you new combo opportunities, and the storm adds crazy damage to combos, but more importantly negates pushblock, meaning that rushdown, offense-focused play will be rewarded.
>Time
Time is movement and execution. The surge gives any character am areal and grounded command dash, meaning that they can close in on and get out of situations they normally couldn't. The storm allows for custom combos, and while now that just means mashing HP, high-execution optimized combos will come in due time.
>Space
Quite literally the concepts of spacing and "footsies". The surge allows you to draw in your opponent, discouraging turtling and defensive play and giving grapplers a long-range option. The storm traps your opponent in a box, taking away control of their positioning and movement
>Reality
Reality is zoning. The surge launches a tracking projectile, which opens up brand new keepaway and denial possibilities. The storm then gives you full screen Super projectiles, giving you complete control over the stage and their approach options
>Mind
Mind plays to the "thinking" aspects, specifically yomi and resource management. The surge is a command grab, the ultimate hit or miss yomi tool, which gives you a free stunned opponent upon successful use. The storm gives you constant hyper meter, making meter management a practical non-issue for a short time.
>Soul
Risk and reward. You can take risks for a lot of damage, but if you fail you lose life, which the surge can help recover. Same for the storm's resurrection, and crossover combination mode is a big risk, as happy birthdays are likely if you screw up.

This is fucking genius

ps4 when

Anyone wanna beat up my scrubby menat? US EC

this one

>I just started and I have 130k FM or so
literally me. i was thinking of buying some alt colours.

he had the meter for a chip kill at the end or he could have gambled on an EX DP at some point

Why don't you get character xp in lobbies ?

Say something nice about Sylvie Paula Paula.

Probably Gief's story costume

And then I stopped playing Gief a couple of days later

Then you would level up and gain free fight money and capcom doesn't want that.

wow so innovative *YAWN*

i wish she was in a better game

Please explain.

Who came up with the "unga bunga" meme?

Ayane has a succ costume and kasumi doesn't so ayane.

this is a lot better with sound

a guilty gear player who got bodied by Leo

i don't see how anyone loses the whole round off one spd. you have to get right eventually.

I REALLY like Millia bros

It would be too easy to abuse with botting and shit

KOF14 is a good game desu. If it had better graphics and people who played it, it'd be great.

i just couldn't get into it
sylvie a cute though

>Sylvie Paula Paula.
Worst design in all of KoF.

her face actually looks really nice for NRS standards

>nobody can ever guess wrong 3 times in a row
derp

Ayane always.

THE BOX is the best surge/

Who came up with the "jive" meme?

that'd be an unbelievably slow way to cheese fight money.

I can understand not getting FM for wins, but not getting character xp for playing the fucking game is dumb.

Also if I really wanted to get FM for free I'd just cheat on survival mode.

youtube.com/watch?v=0KmQxP9JYpI
do you mean the announcement?

if you mean the 1 shot, basara has a lot of tools and mobility, so they gave him shit health.
haomaru's A+B attack is really strong and he was in rage with a maxed out sword gauge, and it was a counter hit.

Who came up with the "who came up with the "___" meme" meme?

Highway Star

Capcom

Good old block. Nothing beats that.

DOOD WHAT IF EVERYONE WAS DHALSIM?!
IT'LL BE SO HYPE!

Survival mode cheating is limited in scope, botting in lobbies wouldn't be so it wouldn't matter how slow it is

>nothing beats that
except spd you fucking idiot

I only played Samurai Showdown as a kid so I have no clue about the mechanics thanks.

kek

we needed a less weeb version of abare

how does one cheat in survival

How come in Jive the low tier struggle to unplayability but in SF4, you can play anyone you want.

ANYONE.

Poor predictable user. Always blocks.

that's the joke
>Also if I really wanted to get FM for free I'd just cheat on survival mode.
didn't that get fixed

Was VI really bad?

>just block :

Why did they make Ryu's fireballs so bad in SFV?

It basically checks for time spent in survival mode, so it detects if you have one round survival.

you can still use a trainer to get infinite health and do all levels easily.

Name three pro Dan player

They didn't, it's just that the game around it changed enough to not favor them as much anymore

Are there any fighting games where I can play as a cute elf?

Smash

Blade Arcus from Shining has Altina

So if the second v-skill/v-trigger and super rumor is true, how will the thing work? I mean, will you select it with the character and get it locked or will you be able to select whichever before loading the match?

I used to think Dan was a pretty fun character, playing SF4 at a shitter level. Playing Jive I realized how frustrating it is having to work so much for your damage when your opponent is actually capable of confirming into real damage. Basically the easier links in Jive make the game balance more apparent and important

meeeeeeeee

Just needed to super after the fireball at the end.