/hbg/ - Homebrew & Hacking General

Last thread New CFW when? edition

/hbg/ Wiki: homebrew-general.wikia.com

-SAFE FIRMWARES-
3DS: 11.3 (11.5 via system transfer or magnethax)
Switch: 3.0.0
Wii U: 5.5.1
Vita: 3.60
PS4: 4.05 (Userland)
PS3: 3.55

-GUIDES-
3DS: pastebin.com/TQwDsWh9
b9s + CFW: 3ds-guide.b4k.co/
Wii U: pastebin.com/8u0WAyJC
Wii: sites.google.com/site/completesg/hacking-guide
Vita: pastebin.com/6DjeR08L

-RECENT NEWS-
>3DS
[Sep 5] ntrboot_flasher now supports magnethax from at least 9 cards. github.com/SciresM/boot9strap/releases
[Sep 1] Anemone3DS is a new theme manager and recommended after what happened to the last two. gbatemp.net/threads/482804

>Switch
[Sep 5] 3.0.2 released, appearing to mainly expand multiplayer to new regions. Nintendo patched a major exploit with the release of 3.0.1.

>Wii U
[Aug 15] New browser hack method for Wii U on firmware 5.5.2 gbatemp.net/threads/480966
[Jul 24] Hint at a Crunchyroll entrypoint. twitter.com/WiiUbru/status/889303560655175684

>Vita

[Sep 4] New Adrenaline release. github.com/TheOfficialFloW/Adrenaline/releases
-Adrenaline no longer requires a base game or activation. You still cannot activate new Vitas to use PSN. Do not use MTLActivator and go on PSN, you will be banned.
[Jul 29] HENkaku Enso got released. enso.henkaku.xyz/

>PS4
[Aug 3] 4.73 released, blocks MTX Key, ban reports on shared piracy accounts. wololo.net/2017/08/03/ps4-firmware-4-73-released-blocks-mtx-key-ban-reports-shared-piracy-accounts/

Other urls found in this thread:

forums.therockmanexezone.com/topic/8886349/1/
mega.nz/#!vUl3yYwD!5tb7xrMcVa5_YSiX_45WjDQK2IRzuq9iMk1O41LJeuo
mega.nz/#!HVsVFJiY!T8EpZk-t8fFPlVai_zebB-5M046Gmd54hHYOU8bV_X8
pastebin.com/ELptKruf
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>going to have to delete and reinstall every single vita game
>niche games probably won't even be dumped for a long ass time
god damn it

Where metroid leak ;^(

WHERE IS THE SHANTAE ½ GENIE DLC?!?!?!
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I would download whatever theme you like the icons of and put your own wallpaper and music. most custom themes use shitty wallpapers i.e., low quality, wrong aspect ratio, or just really meh fanart

Five hours, holy shit, what more do you want

literally why?
if it works in its current state why bother?
it makes sense to do it for any "new" games you plan on playing, or for games that have issues like atelier/axiom verge, but for stuff like, idk, killzone or p4g or ia/vt colourful that already works perfectly with updates, dlc and online functionality, why bother?

here. Still trying to make my stupid cias.
I think the problem is the patched gba roms. I cant get them to run in mgba, vba, or no$gba on my pc. Could someone else try to patch one and see if they can run it? I'm trying to make sure im not retarded.
Heres the ips patch:
forums.therockmanexezone.com/topic/8886349/1/

HOLY SHIT

how's gameboy advance emulation on Vita yet?
Can it play Klonoa 2 already?

F I V E H O U R S

Are you patching the japanese versions or US versions?
I am testing the Gregar patch on my phone's MyBoy and it werks.

OH FUCK. Youre right.
Turns out i was retarded. Thank you so much.

>tfw Metroid is going to be five days before release like Zelda
Only four more days bros.

>7 minus 5 equals 4
American, I presume?

No time for any of that math shit.

No prob, it really seems like a common mistake.

whoa, what's this? did the JP version have a lot of extra features the US lacked?

A fuckton.
An entire quest in which Django asks you for help and you get to fight the Count of Groundsoaking Blood,
Graveyard Area 1, , Undernet Area 3 and the Immortal Area, where IIRC you fight the count.

This means, the postgame in the japanese version is much larger.
Also many battlechips like Otenko, Count and GunDelSolEX.

The US and Europe versions are lobotomized by comparison.

I can get the game to run but there is no sound and it runs at 200% speed.

Samus never returned

Got it to work. Emulator seems to shit itself when no speakers/headphones are plugged in.

All I did was use LunarIPS to patch the JP rom.

How odd. Oh well, at least it works.

;_;

You had one FUCKING job, OP. You were supposed to update the vita section and you DIDN'T.
I hope your mom dies in her sleep tonight you complete asshole.

>after what happened to the last two.
W-what happen?

This tbqh. What a dumb edition also.

both developers went loony. Developer of CHMM2 left the scene after not feeling appreciated enough. Developer of Themely made his app closed source at a really bad time since around then he was making some really weird comments and was praising the development of 3DS malware.

Anemone is made by someone whose been in the scene for a long time and hasn't totally lost their mind (at least publicly). It isn't as feature packed as Themely is/was, but it'll probably get there. It's got a lot of bugs right now, so if you want themes and want em now, use the fork of themely that has it's source open.

>tfw too lazy to upgrade to b9s

Is he megaman's older brother?

How do I install the new version of VitaShell without Molecular Shell?

It took me like 20 minutes. Worth it imo, but that may be due in part to how far behind I was in Luma. I didn't have SaltySD or Rosalina to mess around with.

They're both dead so

Not for long
Five hours to be exact

>so
???

>Five hours pass

Samus never returned

Guess that would be the case for me. Last time I updated anything was in March, and I almost fucked up my CFW during the proccess, so I'm pretty scared to do anything.

Recently picked up a 3.60 Vita, but the other guy's account is still tied to it. Can I format the system without worrying about updates or something?

if you care about being activated, keep it that way

Aw, but then I can't do remote play. Oh well.

So what the fuck was TheFl0w's big announcement?

essentially super easy piracy

drag and drop game files

Not what you wanted for real.

REDUMP EVERYTHING

playable atelier games

AGAIN!?

They werent playable before?

What a waste. Here I thought it would be something useful. Every game worth playing already worked fine with maidumptool.

Yeah, you can.
Use the ps4 relink homebrew.

give me a waifu game

dr. robotnik's mean bean machine

nintendogs

Is there any homebrew to increase the size of my penis?

listen here fucko

zoo tycoon

Head Pat Simulator 2015
2016 & 2017 suck

You guys like big girls? Made a VC inject of a new game the people who made Gotta Protectors just released. It's a weird game, but kinda fun I guess. Also super fetishy if you're into that.

ENG Version
>mega.nz/#!vUl3yYwD!5tb7xrMcVa5_YSiX_45WjDQK2IRzuq9iMk1O41LJeuo

JP Version
>mega.nz/#!HVsVFJiY!T8EpZk-t8fFPlVai_zebB-5M046Gmd54hHYOU8bV_X8

>see some comments on facebook about a 3ds game
>"Oh, nice game. I don't think I'll have the money to buy it when it gets released, though."
HAHAHAHA FUCKING PLEBIANS I'M SO SUPERIOR TO ALL OF YOU

I don't care much for fetish shit but do I need to know Japanese and what kind of game is it?

Its an infinite runner. You collect water and avoid cake. Pretty fun if a little repetitive. The parallax scrolling and sprites are really impressive though

What the fuck. That's cute.

>moralfag friend agonizing over whether to shell out for the Ultra SM games
>can't decide whether it's worth it
>"Well I'm just gonna get it for free so it doesn't really matter"
>drink in his hatred as my nourishment

Wait, wait, what the fuck was Flow's announcement?
3.61+ happening?

How many new threads does it take for hbg to leak Samus Returns
Too many

HA

It is september already. So what is this big release that cuckflow mentioned a while ago?

a new dumper that doesn't butcher games in the process of dumping them. seems neat actually
He wrote about it on twitter.
>pastebin.com/ELptKruf

Tell me, what the hell is this?

HA

So I have an R4i SDHC, that doesn't properly work with the current NTR booting yes? It's actually kind of a pain, I want to hack peoples 3DS, but this thing isn't the right version. Should I just go and buy a R4i Gold?

No, it doesn't work yet, but supposedly it's being developed. If you need to do that as soon as posible, get a compatible flashcart, otherwise wait some time I guess

Is there any way to delete all the unnecessary files in my 3ds? I've just updated to a new cfw and there is way too much shit in the sd card for me to know which one is actually useful

Post a screenshot of your root, or check the guide, at the end it says which files you need to conserve (plus the files of any other application you might use)

plailect's guide will tell you which ones are essential and which ones are not.
Other than that, it's up to you, for like ntr or jksm, to remember which folders are essential

>have 8 GB vita memory card
>Vita system "Other" is taking up 2GB
alright lads, where the fuck do I get a microSD adapter

I bought a 20$ R4i Gold RTS and it works perfectly but my DSTT does not.

the internet

Ebay or Amazon.

I was looking into hacking my nephew's O3DS but the little shit updated to 11.5.0. I could use my own CFW 3DS to install boot9strap on it but i don't have the dsiware titles that are needed.

>A pirated copy of the game will not work

Does this mean i can't download the dsiware from the Freeshop? It's technically not pirated right.

Get a flashcart for ntrboot

I have a vita on 3.60 but all I do is play psp games. Should I just upgrade to 3.61 so I can play 3.61+ games and psp games?

>not just being patient

Fuck is there one you'd recommend?

>No metroid leak
Is there even a preload CIA? I wanna at least get the game on launch

I gave R4i SDHC the red cart, will that one work?

Just tried playing your inject. It doesn't work. It just crashes. I'm on N3DS.

just go to gamestop and buy it.

Literally no store in my country sells it. The newest games they have in the whole store is Mario+Rabbids and agents of mayhem

GIVE ME MY SAMMY!!!
RREEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!

It works just fine. on a side note, luma screenshot hates the color pink.

sounds wasteful, it's not like there's load of 3.61 games you'll like if you don't like any vita games 3.60 and below

Anyone have direct link to MH Stories? These adfly links have anti-adblock and the fucker put it in 2 pieces.

just bite the pillow and give him a few cents of ad revenue, goy

Its on FreEshop

Just wait you fucking autist the game is still a week away.

If no one bought games then developers would stop making them. Moralfags are a necessity.

This made me laugh for some reason.

>downloaded titlekeys
>latest game is ninja smasher
EXPLAIN?

And this is with bootntr. works fine on my n3ds

Dunno what to tell you senpai, I was on freeshop last night and it was at the top of the list.

oh, apparently the site switched like 3 months ago and i didn't know.