Have your parents ever been involved in any street racing?

have your parents ever been involved in any street racing?

my dad shared with me some of his stories as a dumb kid in the 90s with his stealth (pic isn't his), if anyone wants to hear

Attached: 15171172327dff9f98764daIMG_1053-1-940x705.jpg (940x705, 168K)

Please user
My old man did the same thing against his friends in the 70’s and 80’s in his chevelle

There isn't a whole lot of tales or too many details I can spare, but he claims he's gotten up to 180 on the highways in and around Hunt County, Texas, and that one of his buddies lunched 2 Preludes jumping a train track the wrong way. Said buddy also had a huge death wish, and my dad remembers him swerving into oncoming traffic in the hopes it'd hit him or the guy he's racing against.

One blind sweeping turn nearby, he said, he was taking at 130-150 (the speed limit was 40) in the wrong lane at night, and as a truck came towards him, he doesn't know how but he managed to skip the car back into the right lane and keep barrelling down the road unscathed. His other friend in the car claima he skipped it, but he himself isn't sure what exactly happened.

Sounds like a lot of bullshit.

My dad street raced shigeru miyamoto on the way to his job at nintendo

I'm pretty sure all boomers have stories of street racing because they were allowed to have fun but don't let us do it

My dad IS Shigeru Miyamoto and he never mentioned anything about your dad faggot

Attached: undrageb8.png (365x214, 46K)

Pretty much every guy from that era wrapped at least one Camaro, Firebird or TransAm around a pole.

must've been nice growing up in a time when cars were cheap to obtain and maintain and the law was relatively lax on street racing.

while here we are relegated to fapping and shitposting on the internet for our jollies. we've been fucking robbed.

My dad might have done some racing, but he never tells me anything about his past - I only know that he used to enjoy building cars when I was a kid.

Cars ain´t exactly expensive now either. Sure, if you want a Veyron or a LaFerrari, but get a pickup or a ponycar or a fucking Civic(assuming you´re american) and make it faster. It don´t need to be a 2000hp monster. 400hp on US cars, and 150hp (old)Civic, are hella fun.
Looking at a map of the US, it´s a big country, the cops can´t everywhere all the time.

>as a dumb kid in the 90s
Hmm...

This. I recently learned that one ticket for street racing is enough points on a clean license to get it suspended in my state. So is two tickets of doing only +15 mph of the speed limit.

my dad had his z28 stolen at gunpoint lel. cost him $500 and a battery

this

My dad had a 73 Trans Am with an Olds 455 Rocket that he used to street race in the 80's. I can remeber one story about a guy in a Charger Daytona understeered into a guard rail and flipped it into a river.

My dad has a lot of stories about him abusing his dads cars. He used to play what they called cat and mouse, which is what it sounds like.
One that I remember was that he was being chased by a Fairlane in his dads Scirocco, he went over a median and the ford beached itself, but my dad didn't really like him so he just kept going.

My dad talked about the time he raced his Buick Riviera against his friend's recently acquired Mazda (Something like an RX-3/808? He only says it had a rotary and this was around 1980). Overtook it in the straights.

so your dad was a dumb kid and had a street racing worthy stealth [twin turbo] in the 90s? idk how but even if so, that would make you about 12 years old, your dad a tool, and your mom an aimless slut that only fucked him for his cool car and accidentally got knocked up with you.

amirite?

my grandparents have always been pretty well-off
he's 38, i'm 20
but other than that yeah

My dad was born and raised in Tennessee, a certified redneck. He had a 69 Mustang and went down to an old abandoned air strip and drag raced every Saturday night. He eventually traded his Mustang to his friend and got his Plymouth Duster. He said trading cars back then was pretty common since most muscle cars were very affordable. Also, the country sheriffs would some time show up and just watch. Being in a small town does have its perks.

My father and I literally drag raced down US Hwy.31 last night. Him in his GN, me in my CTS. Creamed his ass because lmao manual gear selection.

dad almost got his ass roasted by police for street racing in his srt8 challenger but the second the cruiser turned his lights on and did a u-turn he broke vision and let the other car get fucked while he kept taking different streets to keep the officer from getting view of him (if he wasn't just pulling over the other car)

When dad was 16 he took his mums Datson Violet out at 2am and wrote it off, two months later he flipped a Mazda 1600 then he drove his friends RX-4 into a ditch. That was the day he bought a Fiat 124 and never went over the speed limit again.

>tfw ill never hoon around in 70s shitboxes in the 70s

My dad has never told me one but a friend of mine told me one particular story when he went back to his hometown in West Virginia after graduating at Annapolis
He said he bought a Jaguar E type and pulled into a Diner/bar in town and some guy with a GTO inside was giving him shit about the Jag
He made a bet with him that he would win in a drag race against the GTO
Apparently the street they raced on had a short straight, went into a tight corner, then back to a long straight
His dad made the bet that on a rolling race from about 30mph, he would win and the guy accepted
They got in the E type and the GTO, proceeded to roll 30mph until the end of the turn where they hammered it and the race began
The Jag one by about 4 car lengths
The next day his dad saw the guy he won against in the Pontiac showroom literally laying it on the salesman who sold him the GTO bitching about how he got beat by a Jaguar

Attached: smash-mouth.jpg (1024x682, 34K)

My dad street raced down Pleasantdale road in Tucker, GA in a 67 Mustang Fastback Alcohol Dragster

Im sorry that your dad didnt live the life to the fullest and was virgin till his 50s

>cat and mouse
I sometimes do this when I go driving. It's fun af, and pretty much the only option if you're racing on two-lane roads. I've gone up against some nice cars, and no tickets yet.

>Dad is cop in 1990
>nothing fucking happens in our city, cops literally shoot cats in fields in the middle of the night on duty waiting for shit to happen
>Dad owns 1989 Shelby Charger, normally drives like a grandma whereas my then 18 year old mom who lives with him drives it like a fucking maniac, regularly gets pulled over doing twice the speed limit but gets let off cause my dad knows every cop in the city
>in short nobody gives a shit about anything here and cops regularly "street race" on and off duty and no one bats an eye
>our city has one freeway only about 5 miles long
>dad is driving Charger to work at 2:30am
>faggot in a new GT Foxbody flies up behind him with his girlfriend in the passanger seat, eggs him on to do a pull
>pull up to ~130mph, girlfriend is visibly screaming and punching him and shit trying to get him to stop
>guy eventually backs off

Now for my mom

>gets full license at 14 over a weekend
>given the keys to rich friend's brand new C4 next day
>rich friend and other friend get in the back seat and smoke weed
>puts top down and blasts Lunatic Fringe, drives 5 hours on a road trip to visit their other friends down south and averages about 110mph the whole way, never saw any cops

The 80's and 90's were truly a magical time

Father grew up in small town in the 50s. The only thing to do was race, play chicken, and drive drunk. Like half his friends were dead before he was 21 lol.

Thanks for making me feel old. My dad had cars in the 70s