What do you steal from junkyards? Anecdotal stories and experiences welcome!

What do you steal from junkyards? Anecdotal stories and experiences welcome!

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1920x1080, 181K)

vanos

At the local pick and pull, the fact that I'm white, polite, and can speak English means they almost always charge me for the cheapest thing I'm buying and give me the rest for free.
Meanwhile Tyron is chimping out over a $0.50 wiper blade while Pablo trys to sneak an engine out.

Besides being white, polite, and an English speaker how did you establish this kind of relationship? What was your best haul regarding value/worth of parts?

Establish a rapport and then claim whatever part you're trying to leave without paying was your sample. Kek.

wtf why would you even steal from these places? Every pick and pull I've been to the owners are bros.

As a fellow white, well spoken, polite frequenter of of parts yards I can echo this statement.

Furthermore the parts yard is appreciative that I bring in my old core part in within the next day or so, wrapped so it's not filthy, and not destroyed so they can sell the core and make money.

Meanwhile Vitravious at the next counter is buttblasted, chimping out in ebonics, that the core buyer won't accept unrecognizable lumps of broken metal.

It's getting warm here again, got to make sure I have plenty of D-cell batteries for my old school boombox radio.

Why, you ask?

Simple; when I go to the parts yard I blast Rush Limbaugh or Hannity, keeps the beaners and nigs from coming over asking if they can "borrow" something.

I can wrench my parts in peace.

Not quite junk yard, but I recently found a rolled shitbox of my shitbox's same make and model at the local dump. I came back the next weekend with a ute, tools and a slab of beer for the old man that runs the place and he helped me strip all the parts of value from it. Only down side is now much little shed is near unusable due to being full of car bits that I probably won't even need.

I steal small things that I can easily hide because my yard's "loss prevention" people are dicks and they charge almost as much as new generic brand replacement parts for small stuff. It's a big chain place and they only keep the cars out there a few weeks before they crush them so chances are it was going to waste anyway.

For example, we got a "headlight assembly" for my brother's car. Appearantly the bulb is an extra $8. But the person who rang us up didn't charge us for it, even though he must have seen it. But then the cholo at the gate gave us a hard time about it and made us give it up, then he went through my entire tool bag, when the little organizer bags and every random small thing he was like " is this yours?" "did you bring this with you?". Every fucking time we buy something with bulbs or other smaller parts in it these guys nit pick us over all that shit.

So now I always leave with a couple of switches, knobs, special bolts, pretty much whatever I can hide casually on my person.

My biggest stolen item was an overhead console display/computer thing from a S10. I wanted to add it to my truck but it turns out I got the wrong one. Good thing I didnt pay for it. I brought a backpack that had a hidden bottom pocket for a rain cover, they didnt look there.

Attached: 1512427763420.jpg (657x527, 244K)

Nothing, i pay good money for any car parts i buy because i am not a piece of shit drain on society that has to steal from reputable businesses to fund my drug habit.

Attached: 1507509712497.png (248x459, 153K)

once i brought a grain bin to a scrapyard that was filled to the brim with moldy grain, I threw steel on top of that to cover it up and they accepted it for the full wait, including the grain. got like $2000 out of it.

Spark plug wires, fuses, bulbs, center caps, badges, shift knobs. Even managed a set of floormats once because everyone fucked off for lunch. I stood around for a minute, no one came to the front desk, got into my car and left.

Only thing I've stolen from the pick-n-pull was a couple tiny clips for my swaybar that I put in my pocket so I wouldn't lose and forgot about until I got home that night and emptied my pants. Generally the stuff I'm getting at the yard is too big and heavy to sneak out anyway, and I'm also not a poor, stupid non-English speaker who feels the need to save $4 on his Civic ricing.

I buy running engines for non-running prices by marking them as non-running. $50 vs $250.

The only places I ever steal from are the assholes who charge you for every screw, cap, and panel you take off, or the asshole yards who dont sell anything under $10.

Theres a yard near me like that. Its the only yard that has anything newer than 1991. I have a bucket full of nuts an bolts ive smuggled out. I never worry when i cant find a bolt

>$2 admission
>NO CAR PARTS NO SAMPLES NO EXCEPTIONS

what now?

>his yard has an admission fee

Attached: laughing sandworm.gif (371x276, 63K)

Don't steal you twats.
Don't break everything to get to your parts
Don't take parts from one car and stuff them in another
Don't throw all the bolts you don't want on the ground
Don't leave the doors open if they can close without locking
Don't leave the hood open
And one more time for you brown brains.
Don't steal.

These are simple basic concepts for a free and nice society. The more you break polite and courtesy social norms, the more our freedoms get taken away.
You may be free to choose, but make the wrong choice and you're fucked. And if too many make the wrong choice then we're all fucked.
History has proved time and time again that whites are the only people that can handle freedom.
Act your race. Make your ancestors proud.
That applies to you too brownies. Go home, act your race, make great uncle juan pablo proud.

the stuff in this thread sounds way worse than a $2 entry fee desu
i've never been badgered over $8 lightbulbs

Where I'm from they don't get you for smaller pieces.
>Buy a window switch $5
>Buy a door panel with a window switch in it $10 for the panel $0 for the switch

It's like buying an engine, you can get a whole engine for $150, but if they sold the parts individually they'd make way more. They don't charge you each little piece.

Junkyards open to the public are about getting in inventory, selling the big stuff fast and crushing it for scrap.
They make money by paying hardly over scrap value for a vehicle, getting a couple hundred bucks out of a car with a couple thousand in parts on it, and then scrapping what ever is left.
It can really be a depressing thing if you have any appreciation for cars. You see cars come in that have a few hundred in damage and have really nice interiors get shit on and destroyed by some spics, then crushed.

You're talking about the general public, nobody has any appreciation for cars, they're just appliances to most people, especially to the guys crushing them for minimum wage.

i often pocket injectors, spark plugs or other small do-dads.

I don't bother to steal anything more valuable because my local yard is a shitheap that doesn't charge anything... but they also don't have anything newer than 1998....

Attached: 1302932502262.jpg (600x450, 53K)

>but they also don't have anything newer than 1998....
What world is this?
In saltland most yards have nothing older than a 1998. Fuckin sucks.