Why are there so many 2014 Infiniti q50's around for around $20k...

Why are there so many 2014 Infiniti q50's around for around $20k? There aren't other luxury cars from 2014 in that price range. I'm strongly considering it as a first car.

Attached: 2014_infiniti_q50-pic-4434477841592449931-640x480.jpg (640x414, 104K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=LyubJV4siss
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

You're getting European levels of reliability for Japanese car status...

Because Infiniti doesn't have the badgewhore status that Euro luxury brands have. Get it if you like it user.

The 2.0t models literally have a Mercedes engine and the 3.7 V6 models have the dead reliable Nissan VQ engine.

The only units with reliability issues are the top spec twin turbo V6 Red Sport models.

Thems better be naturally aspirated models you found

Is the same true for Nissan?

You might have decided my first car

Why?

Because the new ones have the new 3L engine.

What reliability issues? N-not that I'm nervous or anything.

Do you have a 2014 Q50? If so, how is it?

The new twin turbo V6 uses optical position sensors for some fucking stupid reason. They break easily and throw off engine timing sending the car into limp mode.

I had a 2009 G37 and and bought a new 2017 Q50. Touchscreens in the Q50 are kind of annoying. The 3.7 is a good engine and the 7 speed is much improved after the 2014MY.

I'm not finding any 2015s in the same price range as the 2014s. Maybe this is why.

Are you talking about the ones for the turbos? My G37 had an issue with a camshaft position sensor.

user, an Infiniti is just a Nissan with leather seats

Don’t buy the 2014. The engineers basically gave up trying to fix all the issues with upper touch screen & concentrated on eliminating the issues for the 2015my. The 2015’s are coming off lease and will be dropping in price in the next few months. Great car, but a prime example of why you never buy the first year of any new model.

Yes, but its a RWD Nissan with leather seats

Yeah. As far as i know, only the new 3.0tt 400hp derivative of the VR engines uses full optical sensors. The Q50 lost a competition for an order of 3,000 interceptor vehicles for the Mexican Federal Police over it. Failure rates of something like 33% in high load uses. They can cause turbo failures too.

They're going with a mix of Fusion hybrids and I6vBMW sedans to replace their chargers instead since the Q50 can no longer optioned with the VQ.

What's the word on Q50s compared to G37s, or the VR30 compared to the good old VQ37?
I'm looking between the G37 for low cost and simplicity, first wave Q50 for updated style while keeping the VQ37, and the new one because I heard the VR30 is pretty nice and it cleaned up some of the first wave's issues.

2014 was the first year for the new q50 so they sold a shitton of them and all of the four year leases have ended by now

Attached: IMAG0299.jpg (4000x3000, 2.72M)

VQ37 is not simple. youtube.com/watch?v=LyubJV4siss

Get a manual g37 instead.

Because the level of badgewhoring is insane? Like how Apple products are so overpriced. People will pay twice as much for a German car that everyone else has. Good luck to them

Are you retarded?

How is it compared to the VR30?
I was thinking simpler in that it was NA instead of turbo.

Valvetrain is more complicated. Its a torquelet compared to the VR. But its NA, responsive, and sounds decent.

turbos aren’t as big of a deal as you’re making them out to be

What would you pick between a later G37, a 2014 Q50, and a 2016 Q50?

It's a Nissan, never trust a Nissan.

you can get a nice cts/ats around that same price/year

+1

I used to work for an Infiniti dealer as a part-time job while in school and the 2014 is flawed, I would rather have a G37S 6MT RWD than a 14 Q50

I used to work for an Infiniti dealer, depends what you're looking for and which trim you're getting.

As a sports car I would probably like the G37S 6MT in RWD, or G37 IPL

The 14 Q50 is the least desirable to me

The 16 Q50 would be the most luxurious but isn't as tactical or "fun" as the G35/G37. VR is good though, especially in the S. A good DCT would be icing on the cake but considering it's Nissan they'd probably stuff a CVT in it lmao.

One of the requirements is AWD. Besides the touch screen, what is flawed? There are base trim 2015 q50's in the same price range and 2015 premiums at around $5k more.

I never liked how Cadillac cars looked compared to the Escalade

Any Q50 with DAS (Direct Adaptive Steering) is a miss until 2016+

There's some other smaller quirks as well being the first year of the redesign, but it's built off a fairly reliable car from the beginning.

If you're getting a good deal a well maintained Q50S with no DAS would be a fun car that should be reasonably reliable. Get the screen software/In-Touch the newest update and live with it.

Also the 7 AT was updated in 16+ I believe. Don't quote me though it's been a while since I worked there.

The word is out on the 14's and that's why they're cheap, save up the extra money for a 15 or newer. You're about to spend a bit a money on this, what's a little more to get the "good one"

Basically looking for a comfy DD that I can be a little aggressive in if ever I wanted to have some fun on a few corners.
I like the looks and interior of the Q50 a lot, and the VR seems really nice on paper as well as being pretty tunable from what I've heard.
The jew in me is considering the 37S or even a normal 37 just because it's way cheaper for what seems like a similar car.

Dude just get an IS350 F-Sport. It's a superior car in like every way. Or if you really must subject yourself to pain, get some kind of BMW. Why the fuck would anyone get an Infiniti?

its got that butthurt-looking angry front. really stands out

Well I dunno about the US and A, but in Europe most people sell the car immediatelly after the finance and warranty are over and then just finance a new car.

I wouldnt buy an Infiniti as a first car. I wouldnt buy luxury anything as a first car.

Also its a poshed up Nissan, and Nissan has a pretty bad reputation for reliability here in Europe.

Attached: 1515244493457.jpg (525x809, 131K)

the question is why has the q50 depreciated so much then?

Because Infiniti is the Japanese equivalent to BMW, mainly as they break more than a Lexus or Acura