/gsg/ - Grand Strategy General - R&I is FINALLY Asleep Edition

We don't have an official steam or discord group. If anyone posts in the thread about any "official" or not steam or discord groups, promising MP or not, be sure it's a shitposter group known for organizing raids and shitposting in the thread. They are known for false-flagging.
Report and ignore it.

How fares your empire, /gsg/?

This day in history, 8th of September:
1831 – William IV and Adelaide of Saxe-Meiningen are crowned King and Queen of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland.
1831 – November Uprising: Battle of Warsaw ends, effectively ending the Insurrection.
1860 – The steamship Lady Elgin sinks on Lake Michigan, with the loss of around 300 lives.
1862 – Millennium of Russia monument unveiled.
1863 – American Civil War: Second Battle of Sabine Pass: On the Texas-Louisiana border at the mouth of the Sabine River, a small Confederate force thwarts a Union invasion of Texas.
1888 – In Spain, the first travel of Isaac Peral's submarine, the first submarine ever made.

# News
CK2 DD 04/09
>forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/1042377
EU4 DD 05/09
>forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/1042506

# Archive (mods only)
>mega.nz/#F!plMxFYTB!sn9MTrvJ0tYjWSHgM8CZow

# Where to get these games
>hastebin.com/raw/moqugasume

# Mods
READ THIS FIRST.
>pastebin.com/cCdcev76

>>[V2] - Historical Project Mod 0.3.8
pastebin.com/66gpxbKk

>>[V2] - Napoleon's Legacy 0.3.1.7
pastebin.com/sN1g69sr

>>[V2] Alternative Flag Pack V10
pastebin.com/PRQH8vcV

>>[CK2] - After The End
github.com/notalbanian/postapoc

>>[CK2] - When the World stopped making Sense
github.com/loup99/WtWSMS

>>[EU4] - MEIOU
mediafire.com/file/w1mam119y240gj9/M&T_v2.01.7z
plus patch mediafire.com/file/fov07mfkc2c6idc/v2.01.01_Patch.7z

>>[EU4] - /gsg/ and Taxes (MEIOU with some EBIN fixes)
mega.nz/#!UkNBTZ5I!fDZftk5CuhjzP-1-s6QThoV_p7pHjiJWymzbvgfIhuk

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#!UkNBTZ5I!fDZftk5CuhjzP-1-s6QThoV_p7pHjiJWymzbvgfIhuk
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Reminder to report and ignore shitposting?

Based as fuck. Do you ¿genocide?
Also:
>modded MotE.
What the fuck? I thought that meme was dead. What does the mod do?

It's just some personal tweaks I made to the game to make it more enjoyable for myself. I haven't touched it in a long while though.

ITT: we list the main problems/design flaws of Vicky2

>sieging doesn't take population into account (sieging a village and a rural area is always going to be easier than a densily populated urbanized province)
>leaders aren't sortable by stats
>auto-create leaders has a 50/50 ratio on generals and admirals
>clicking is laggy for some reason
>naval battle mechanics don't even look like they were made for this game, because they weren't, they were copied-pasted from the HoI series
>"attrition-on-arrival" that can be cirvumvented through micro-managment, meaning you're always gonna be microing this shit to play optimally
>non-democracies are prevented from adding war goals due to lack of jingoism

>Really ought to just let you have foreign bureaucrats. It's not like all the bureaucrats in Qing china were manchu.
Makes sense in some cases, but not others. British wouldn't be using Zulu bureaucrats on the regular, for example.

wow that blob is disgusting
I like that a really disastrous war can do permanent damage to your economy. I switched to vicky after a war in eu4 between blurple and persia left several generations dead, a change of only a single province of territory, and yet everything else was just fine.
Really ought to just let you have foreign bureaucrats. It's not like all the bureaucrats in Qing china were manchu.

See

The Prophet is still kicking around.

>Elections make little sense and boosting an ideology just magically makes the voters more powerful in an election (1% facist pops can make 51% vote)

>i play modded mote guise
>haven't played in years
Blueballing champion, right here.
What exactly did you change? Isn't it mainly combat orientated?

By long while I meant a few weeks. And yeah, but I added some events and other stuff. Nothing special.

and you never answered whether you genocided or not

The economy, while detailed, makes no sense in so many ways. Needs to be expanded upon to make more sense.
Yeah. I mean, I suppose they could give Qing han as accepted.

>>leaders aren't sortable by stats
>>auto-create leaders has a 50/50 ratio on generals and admirals
This fucking nigger knows what's up.

if your stack is bellow the supply limit, you can leave one regiment sieging and order the rest of your troops to march to the nearest province just before the end of the month, let the month change, and merge the troops back together to siege. If you do this, only that one regiment will take 2% attrition.

>cheating

What the fuck happened in the last 10 posts of the old general?

>killing your precious pops

Didn't know this, saved.

WE

next thread better be anime

>not solely making soldiers out of unaccepted cultures

What mapmod is the infopic using? The font looks nice

Why is /gsg/ so afraid of MP?

>fucked up the pic

WUZ

It's in the mod arxhive in the OP.

Only against Africans.

>We don't have an official steam or discord group. If anyone posts in the thread about any "official" or not steam or discord groups, promising MP or not, be sure it's a shitposter group known for organizing raids and shitposting in the thread. They are known for false-flagging.
>Report and ignore it.

Ok but why are you so afraid of mp

always hated how in the population screen it never shows city admin rate, so you have to put bureaucrats in a state, check if it's red or not, check the next state, and so on

because people will either
powerplay or hugbox
all while not roleplaying, ruining fun for everyone

Which one is it? There's coolmapmod and mishmashmapmod

What do you mean powerplay?

White and based

reminder not to bully denmark and let them keep schleswig when you play as germany

My son's future wife turned out alright, physically speaking.

Try both. I believe it's MMM, but I do not know.

texas sending a single division in europe with its' 5/5 general would be an example

You mean you've never TURKEd the Greeks? Never made Persia Arab? Never made Rio Grande do Sul Platinean? Never made der Ostland Germanic?
Back you go, me lad.

this has never happened

Also thats balanced given Roon/Moltke

Schleswig is rightfully German though?

On the eve of the twentieth year of his ascension to the throne, the Emperor set out to see the current state of things and how people thought of him.

I don't see any real reason why anybody in Europe would accept genocide against Europeans. Europeans genoing Indians is something I've done, but I don't really make a habit of doing it to civilized nations.

Just tried both of them. Coolmapmod looks closer to the overall map in the infopic, but it doesn't have the font like pic related which is what I'm looking for.

>indians
You on about EU4?
Genociding other Europeans in liqqy makes sense because it's thenage of nationalism and claims to land are largely ethnic. Gassing Transylvania as Hungary makes it yours forever.

No, like Indian Indians. From India.

Oh, Pakis?

Nevermind, fixed it myself. I went into gfx/font and found out that the font I'm looking for is the font that is used for smaller nations. I just copied mapfont_56_small and renamed it to mapfont_56 (the larger one with stripes in the letters) and replaced it.

Well done, lad. Excellent bit of initiative there. now u kno how to mod can you make genocidemod pls

Dare I marry her to these barbarians?

>asks what powergaming is
>...
>"thats balanced"
wouldn't expect anything better from an mp apologist

>mp apologist
Why did this term make me laugh so much?

>it's powergaming to counter Prussias massive general advantage

Ok?

This. Why the fuck does Prussia get such OP generals? This has literally no historicsl bssis whatsoever. I am going to sue HPM for fslse advertising. This isn't "historical", "projectical", or "moddical".

Green to the Vistula? Blue to the Danube? Red for the rest of the Carpathians? All of them?

uninstall and play a real game like vicky
You should blob into Russia first. Same blood, same religion, same slavic complexion.

>same slavic complexion.
iirc aren't goths considered germanic? I remember travelers to the region back when crimean goths were still a thing saying their language was a lot like german.

No

But you're wrong. crimean_gothic is in the eastern_germanic group, which gepid belongs to as well, but slavic does not. The slavs are also not snake-worshiping pseudochristian cultists. And I don't want to bug the Mongols.

I think I'll go blue, then just raid into fake christian lands in the balkans.

yes

I just meant you have the slav portraits, do you not?

Oh right, you wanted to do your AAR.

I hope I can find time to work on it, or give you at least a skeleton with only rape stuff, and can build on it later. ETA till you think you're gonna start on it?

The economy, it's a shitshow. Prestige shouldn't be the pure determinant on who gets dibs first. And constructions, gathering materials one at a time, even from your own stockpile.

This leads to the infamous "no one can build cannons for five years" problem.

>Catholic supercolonizer Portugal

I'll never understand why people think this is an original concept. I've been seeing this game for over ten years now. I'm tired of seeing the great yellow and teal blob over the entire world. Fuck Catholic Portugal, and fuck Catholic Spain.

What about Protestant Portugal?

Non white nations aren't allowed to be protestant, user.

>Non white nations aren't allowed to be protestant, user.
really makes me think

The Welsh and Scottish get in by rights of being a puppet of Anglo-Saxon England.

How does MEIOKEK deal with the Tudors, the Stuarts, and the Jacobites?

>ETA till you think you're gonna start on it?
Like you, I'm in something of a limbo while I wait on the final DLC release and HIP being updated to it. I don't foresee beginning for at least two months.

Or Reformed.

I sometimes make Aragon or Portugal convert to Reformed, and delay Iberian colonization efforts till everyone else can start exploration ideas, so everyone on a level playing field. Makes things much more fun.

Hey guys!

Any torrents of hoi4 work for Lan multi-player?

Guys!!!

>>>[EU4] - /gsg/ and Taxes (MEIOU with some EBIN fixes)
>mega.nz/#!UkNBTZ5I!fDZftk5CuhjzP-1-s6QThoV_p7pHjiJWymzbvgfIhuk
What is this?

I'm trying to get the 'Golden Horn' achievement and it's not triggering.
I'm supposed to be Somali culture, gain 10 gold each month and own the Horn of Africa region. All of this have been done but nothing is happening.

I culture shifted to Nubian and then to Somalian, is there a hidden trigger I knew nothing about like a (no=Ethiopia!) trigger?

must be hard being either blind, dyslexic or both

>boosting an ideology just magically makes the voters more powerful in an election
That should represent their increased activity, I guess.

How would you improve the economy?

He doesn't know what he is talking about. Party loyalty and ideology are two separate things, it doesn't make voters more powerful, it's just a way of convincing your population to vote to a certain ideology. A conservative pop can end up naturally voting for a liberal party because they are worried about issues that the liberal party addresses.

jej still voting for me

Personally, I'd like for country rank not to be the be-all, end-all, and for there to be no floating global pool of goods. Instead, countries should just be importing and exporting from each other, as they do irl. This would also make things like boycotts and embargos possible, which would be nice, because what's the point of controlling all the world's rubber if other countries get to buy it?
oh geez, you're going to go full carolignian on us, aren't you?

Beaten wife syndrome

>I'd like for country rank not to be the be-all, end-all
Isn't it the key feature of the game?

yeehaw

show map

playing HRE police rn

that's pretty fast of you

>Really ought to just let you have foreign bureaucrats.
That would wreck the statehood mechanic. It seems like a legitimate bug that foreign bureaucrats stick around, but I asked HPM about a long time ago (because I noticed I had many hundreds of thousands of non-accepted bureaucrats) but he didn't want to do anything about it.
Somebody should ask him about it again, it's really frustrating to have all those guys contributing literally nothing while drawing a paycheck. It doesn't even make sense, imagine the NGF takes A-L from France, and then 10 years later France takes it back and they find that all their government institutions are still intact? Just sitting by idling until they're liberated? It's preposterous.

>me not getting how recruiting soldiers work

how do you get so big so fast in this game without coalitions?

the only land bordering france I took through conquest was vaud, brittany and the english lands, the rest was through the burgu inheritance

imperial ban for stolp and holstein, lawful claims for everything else(except for arguin and coimbra)

also I've been controlling the curia for decades now, so about -40% AE including the age of discovery reform

Whats the best way to control the curia, ally the papal state and gain influence normally or is there a special way?

Currently using the kebabs to weaken Austria for me.

The only reason why I started playing HoI again was so that I could get a nice Cold War scenario going but I guess I can forget about that now. FUCK.

>Isn't it the key feature of the game?
.... no? Other than the economy, the only reason rank matters is for purposes of being a GP/SP
And quite frankly, it shouldn't matter for the economy, cuz you get issues like a westernized Qing causing literally everyone in the world to starve to death.
Did Jerry just pull off a naval invasion of England?

lmao just restart

why didn't you build any IC?

>building IC as a major

Yeah, even without the Sealion/London victory goal.

Is it worth to leave this little piece of Xiu shit as bait for Europoors, so they attack them instead of me? Or should I annex it as soon as truce is up?

>gee bill how come mom lets you have two reformations?

nothing special, just invest all influence into the pope, choose the relevant stuff when it comes to events(cardinal in admin, prestige vs influence, cardinal across border)

Err, speaking of the itzcuintin...

>>building IC as a major
why not?
t. always does it as SU and USA