XCOM General - /xcg/

Classic Psy Edition

Previous Thread: News:
1)EXPANSION is out NOW
>xcom.com/war-of-the-chosen
>youtube.com/watch?v=n3bENBYSucQ
>pastebin.com/8prFHUNj

2)Julian Gallop Phoenix Point News (New Update: 8/30/2017)
>phoenixpoint.info/blog/2017/8/29/geoscape-ballistics-and-more
>pastebin.com/PZWh2Zr1
>youtube.com/watch?v=iuN9g502cYM

3)Jake spoke at PAX East on March 10th on the growing pains of rebooting XCOM
>pvplive.net/c/pax-east-jake-solomon-xcom-3

4)LONG WAR 2 1.5 is OUT
>steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=844674609
>pavonisinteractive.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=25894

The /xcg/ Mandatory Read:
>pastebin.com/k9pT8zx4

/xcg/ XCOM 2 Character Pool:
>docs.google.com/document/d/12XvY-C-RoQZUexxauBXcCsw1jElq-g8TaCNpLgG2atM/edit

Image Library of /xcg/:
>imgur.com/a/S1qfx

List of compatible mods for Long War 2
>drive.google.com/file/d/0B0KYKP0J-c9vcksxLXBTUkFzdE0/view

XCOM2 modlist, updated long before WOTC (Out of Date)
>pastebin.com/pTMatP5Z

MEGA Mod Repository, now contains all of the mods in the modlist
>mega.nz/#F!HlgWjCqR!STJ0c0kW8Fs6jKynqKyerw

/xcg/'s Long War Library (New LW players read this shit or you will be ignored):
>pastebin.com/YmaXBKpN

Piratez mod for OpenXCom:
>openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,3626.0.html

The X-COM Files for OpenXCom:
>openxcom.org/forum/index.php?topic=4595.0

Good thing I had a sustain orb

xth for eugenics

t. priest

Just noticed if you have the templar resistance order that gives you buffs when your squadmate dies, it procs when your Templar's ghost dies, so it gives a good tactical boost. Also do Skirmishers and Reapers say anything in Waterworld? Templar's say something about this is where all the power comes from.

Does the mindshield protect against KOs?

>xcom vaccinates their troops to give them autism

>Fuck, that last mission cost me quite a bit
>I'll need to recover, do something small first
>COMMANDER GO COUNTER THAT DARK EVENT
Oh-ok, good luck, C-team, you can do it. I hope

Without fail

>first retaliation
>warlock shows up
>regenerates health
You know what, you can keep the stinky dirtfarmers. We'll hang out once I have mindshields and other shiny baubles.

What happens if Bradford dies ?

Nothing, He (and Jane Kelly the girl from the Intro) are just options in the Developer pool that you can add for flavour.

You hade 1 in 4 chance to miss. And they chances for you to hit DO NOT increase just because you missed with another soldier. Don't skip school, guys or you'll end up like this unintelligent, buttmad fag.

WHERE IS THE WEAPON MOD

Just let him mindread 1 of your guys, he fucks off after it.

>Be chillin' in ADVENT city 17
>Parents get all freaked out by news from XCOM propaganda, apparently aliens are evil - panic in the streets.
>I don't care because I'm a NEET and all I wanna do is eat ADVENT burgers and play vidya on my Holo-puter.
>Dad gets angry as fuck, drags my ass out of the house and throws me into the car because I'm a manlet.

A few days later we arrive at a Resistance "village" it's basically a fucking trailer park, no running water, barely any electic and not even signal for my phone.

Worst of all, no Vidya.

>A few weeks pass, get signal on my phone before the battery dies, try to play some games but the screen gets taken over by alien text/garbage and crashes.
>A few hours later everyone is panicking, ADVENT transports arrive everywhere.
>Gunfire, gunfire everywhere.
>Advent, Resistance and somehow XCOM forces everygoddamnwhere.

Next thing I know some Resistance dude is shoving my ass down behind a car and telling me to cover while opening fire on some ADVENT goon, catching a mag-round to the face and dies. His rifle lands at my feet as some 6 foot tall purple fucker called a "Hunter" turns up in front of me.

>Knocks me out cold while going on about some "Commander"

>Cont.

Actually, on easier difficulties the RNG is weighed so you get better shots if you had been unlucky before.

I'm guessing that's the mindscorch thing? I hurried over and revived the lad after he did that, I don't really know much about his movesets. My first campaign I encountered him last and tore him a new one every time he miscreanted his way past.

Yes, you can see the "miss streak" bonus for aim on anything other than Legend.

>Dunno how much longer later.
>Wake up in a cell.
>I'mfucked.jpg

Eat, sleep, shit, repeat.

Eventually I get let out of my cell, to be dragged through some ADVENT dungeon and strapped to a chair; and I'm sat in front of the same lanky fucker called a "Chosen"

He keeps asking me if I know anything about the Commander, Xcom troop numbers, resistance locations and endless questions about how to re-capture this head-honcho guy.

Apparently he's some kind of tactical/strategic genius who has lead Xcom as far as he has after being pulled out of his cell.

>I figure at this point I'm pretty much dead
>But if I can save my own arse I'll lie my fucking face off.
>Start bullshitting this guy about how I can help him, even if I'm not Xcom
>He wants to know how

"Tell me sir, have you ever heard of . . . Vidya?"

Whatever the fuck this guy is, he's never heard of anything to do with Earth culture, pre or post-war.

>Bants start rolling out between me and him.
>Still shitting myself but I'm somehow not dead yet.

"You're pretty funny kid, i'll keep you around . . . for now . . . "

>Turns out Hunter dude is pretty bro.
>End up chilling at wherever the hell this pad is, Get a Holo back and even old-world computer games.
>Teach this guy about tactics and STALKER level shit through old-world vidya and what remains of the internet.

Life was pretty good. Until I got drafted for the green-goo machines.

After Beagle finishes the WotC campaign.

after he beats Waterworld or after he gets bodied and loses in the next couple days?

The Major's hair is in a mod, you know.

>he's never heard of anything to do with Earth culture, pre or post-war
at least play the game before you start writing fanfic

Whatever happens first. Maybe...

>inb4 hunter knew all along he was bullshiting him, he just wanted an excuse to try old world vidya during work hours

After sucking ass in the first stronghold and getting taken down to 3 HP 3 times, Valkyrie not only landed the kill shot on the second, she did it after using Banish and missing the first shot, which caused the Warlock to start taunting. I have no idea what the taunt was, because he got two words out and she instantly killed him with a high roll on the second shot. It felt scripted.

Also rate my A team.

I haven't gotten around to installing any hair mods, but I think I really should. the default hairs are fucking terrible.

How are the mods? Lots of clipping?

Destroyer hasn't updated their hair mods yet so there's some weirdness going on

Only if you use the fucking long hair. And there's some fucking long hair.

Friendly reminder that Pistols are Useful.

>pistol overwatch killed the viper king when he was 3 centimetres away from his portal

Damn right they are useful

Friendly reminder that Psi Operatives are useful too.

Eh, fuck. so, is the major hair in his hair pack, or are you talking about the "Section 9 Cutsomization pack#1" on the workshop? Because I think that's only halfway decent but not good enough if you ask me.

>tfw no Japanese Motoko voice pack.

Skirmishers are useless

The 2.0 Pack works fine, it's the original that has fucked up hair. Destroyer is supposedly working on fixing that.

>Also do Skirmishers and Reapers say anything in Waterworld?

I brought all three faction heroes to Waterworld and they didn't say anything. Neither did the Templar, oddly enough.

Kracsad!

They feel like a mediocre version of the LW2 Assault class. I've never fielded mine and not just wished for an Assault boy.

Eh, I just looked at it, I guess it has SOME nice styles, but also a lot of fucked up once, and I don't really want random VIPs to show up with Goku hair.

Until you get Reaper, an Assault can only kill one enemy a turn. Used properly a Skirmisher can take apart an entire pod, and that's not to mention the utility Justice and their other skills bring.

>Justice
desu he's almost worth it for that shit alone.

>i'm growing stronger

Any word on the WotC Mega Weapon Pack?

>can open ambushes by pulling an officer into the middle of your squad
>can Batman around getting flanks all day
Skirmishers are only useless if you're a chickenshit leaving them behind cover taking potshots

Then don't get the male pack. As far as I can remember, the wacky hairs are confined to his male hair pack. Just get the Female Hair Pack 2.0.

She spent the entire last room, both times, distracting an Andromedon that was in position to flank the squad. Just Rending and Parrying until everyone else finished off the Chlsen.

Ayyy someone else realized how good that helmet looks on Templars

The Skirmisher cape mod is cool, but there should be some for everyone. Why should I have to pretend XCOM operatives aren't fucking superheroes by early July?

Guys how the fuck do you manually install mods for War of The Chosen?

I tried the typical XCOM 2 method, but no dice.

Go to the installation folder, then find a folder called XcomGame, then either find or make a folder called Mods, then extract the mod's zip into its own folder in the Mods folder.

You can disable individual items in the .ini file.

Almost

I think there's a mod that has capes for everyone

might be Stenchfury

meant for

>Anthony "Ask Me About My" Weiner

What do you prefer for gatekeepers? Acid nade and bluescreen rounds is my go-to. I have to kill them before they get off a gateway and delete my squad.

>Not having Sheng Tsung as an Engineer

EMP because I tend to get lucky with stuns.

Yummy

Are there any possible risks to editing your OpenXCom savefile in notepad? I want to raise difficulty mid-campaign and it appears all I need to do is change one number there.

One of the Templar's resistance orders sounds like one of those gene mods. I wonder if Geist really is some poor cuck who got left behind the Ayyyxcom base

Park a templar in front of the gatekeeper, make sure nothing is going to fuck with their parry.
See gatekeeper lose to a single guy.

What is the hunt progress in the Chose screen? Does it mean that if its at three triangles, the chosen is guaranteed to ambush me on the next mission in his/her region?

I think you can do that in game already m8, no need to edit text files. Go to game options on the avenger.

Literally an option ingame

Stasis to remove the rest so I can focus on the gatekeeper next turn.

But I want to raise it higher than superhuman. Can't I just edit 5 instead of 4 in a savefile?

Hunt progress is your hunt for them.

>Locate Chosen's adversary faction is #1
>Locate Chosen stronghold is #2
>Infiltrate stronghold is #3

Can only do #1 when you have encountered the Chosen on the world map.

the triangles is your progress to find them
you must complete 3 cover opts to unlock their stronghold

I've never played it, but are you sure what you guys just said apples to OpenXcom?

All the chosen do something to the people they konck out if you don1t revive them.

That guy just goes in for a mindread almost instantly, for the first time. Later encounters, he may kidnap.

>tfw want to try modding but downloading 50gb would be impossible and didnt know shit when trying the vanilla dev tools

I just want more titanfall armors and/or weapons

he's a Psi Squaddie from the first XCOM

I dunno how but I misread your OpenXCom file as one of the files for XCOM2. Too much modding, sorry bud I have no idea

Oh its this shit ... thanks.

Very True.

literally never use them. Even in Xcom 1 I only build that fucking facilty because the game forces you to.

Psi Ops are the best class in the game, bar none

>Dr Advent, I'm CIA

he wasn't alone

> can make 4 times my funding selling laser cannons on black market
> still has to suck off council or get terminated
Is there an openxcom mod that fixes this? I liked it better in Apocalypse where you didn't autolose if your funding got cut.

Uh, you don't get to bring friends above Sergeant.

You don't get to bring ADVENT

He tried to grab the prize

MEC?

Good fuck this isn't right, THIS ISN'T RIGHT

If a rookie has a promote pending can they still be put into psi training? Do they count as rookie or squaddie?

only one way to find out

probably not though

>mission to rescue Mox
>bring three best soldiers I've got a month in (no mag no armor obviously)
>open the door, half the base aggros, reinforcements drop right between Mox's cell and the extraction point, 6 troopers, a turret, and a Psi priest staring me in the face
>ranger gets focus fired to death, then 3 more reinforcements drop the immediate next turn 1 tile from extraction

What the fuck man... are these just impossible early on? Luckily I managed to sprint 2 of my soldiers out, but had to abandon Mox. No mission so I'm guessing he's dead too.

>Those soldiers who have low comparability with everybody maybe 1 or 2 people

>good

That's Elena in my playthrough.
I guess it fits with the fact that Reapers perform better alone.

>are these just impossible early on?
No, you're just not meant to get spotted

The soldier compatability system really needs to be like the Jagged Alliance one

No, the game literally hands you the perfect tool to do that mission with and her name is Elena

So the tunnel mission with rescuing the resistance VIP and endless reinforcements ...

The briefing says there is a "resistance operative in the area to help you" but I dont see him anywhere.

Did anyone find him? Cause the VIP is hunkered down in the middle of the map alone.

Bradford is lying to you, unless there's a soldier in the mission rewards, there isn't a soldier on the map

The *insert any mechanic in the game* really needs to be like the Jagged Alliance one.

Alas.

Though so. Central should be spanked, half of his briefings are inaccurate. Thanks.

Oh good, excellent next mission.