Previous Version of FAQ: pastebin.com/itDyHa8p
Read the FAQ before you ask questions.
Suggested Changes: piratepad.net/YwogqyaUro

>Useful Links
Wiki: alicesoft.wikia.com/wiki/AliceSoftWiki:Main_Page
Alicesoft Image Booru: haniho.booru.org/
Rance Game Translation Chart:
haniho.booru.org/index.php?page=post&s=view&id=2536
Rance World Notes (Translated): mega.nz/#!nRESUJYZ!ZqoypfshkozVBFpeFGI3Oi5xBtU22SjnrnfjIo2SUGY

Check pastebin for FAQs, downloads and General Hints

>Recently Released
Beat Valkyrie Ixseal - sukebei.nyaa.si/view/2332124

DARKNESSHERO Rance Mod - Beta FFA mod released (check pastebin)

Rance 5D and Rance VI (English and Decensored) - Released
Orders open at $34.95 for bundle
mangagamer.com/detail.php?goods_type=1&product_code=1004
Check pastebin for download links or for hints
Hardcopies Available

>Upcoming Games

Evenicle (English) - Announced at Anime Expo. Likely a winter release.
Sengoku Rance (English) - Likely 2018
Rance Quest Magnum (English) - Likely 2018
mangagamer.org/rance/

Rance X - Announced. Delayed to 2017
- imgur.com/a/OaNFL for released information
RPG 3- by the Evenicle team (New IP)
Donna Donna - by the Rance 03 Team (New IP)
Loli MILF Nukige - by the MILF nukige team
'Heartwarming' VN - by the Atlach Nacha writer

Haniwa Development Studio: blog.alicesoft.com/archives/4771534.html
blog.alicesoft.com/archives/4796071.html
blog.alicesoft.com/archives/4819896.html

>Upcoming Events

Drawfag weekend : September 30th - October 1st
Theme : Rance IV

Other urls found in this thread:

alicesoft.wikia.com/wiki/Rance_6:CG_Guide.
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Will he now finally believe Rance story about his deeds?

Will 100+ characters be playable?

Maybe.

Meant about the writer guy.

Maybe even go over 150.

100+ and still somebody will get mad their favorite didn't get to be playable. I eagerly look forward to when the full list gets revealed and somebody somewhere has a problem with it because their obscure character didn't get in.

Ready the Omachi autists

I hope not.

The problem was that I always grinded a lot / was overlevelled. So by comparison characters like the three and Rocky always felt really weak.

Even if you keep up with increasing their level caps Rocky and the ice flame trio fall off in effectiveness by midgame, however with Cessna if you have 2 +hit items she'll keep up in damage with the main cast throughout the entire game.
She'll be a glass cannon though with her low HP.

Cosplayers don't count.

Rocky's main usefulness is how much SP he gets so he can carry you pretty far in any given dungeon until you need to switch in other characters and that he gets the flee command, which only Copa and Rance get otherwise. He's probably the best of all the early regulars. Cessna is good if you can get hit items or run her with a team of paralyze.

I'm glad she's still going to be a party member.

You may end up being

Sel is notable enough to not be obscure.

And even some non obscure may end up not making it.

doubt it

If you get all non obscure you can easily go over 200 characters though.

Not when you consider characters as relevant as Sel has been in the past.

The only obscure character that /hanny/ likes but still has a chance of not getting in is Io, other than that since fucking Dossky is a playable character literally anything is fair game.

Elizabeth
TOSH

Not really. Characters like Dossky and Heidi being in means that basically any character may also get in, and not that every character as irrelevant as them will do so.

So everyone is possible, but not certain.

TOSH is dead so he is definitely not appearing.

He's live for me

>dead
>mattering in this series

It would be far from the first time a dead character came back. Not that I particularly want TOSH mind you but just because a character is dead does not mean they off the table.

>It would be far from the first time a dead character came back.
Other than Chinu and the gay bird, who else has made an appearance after dying?

Well there have been some ghosts.

My personal "minor characters that I want to appear in X" off the top of my head list would only have Io as the least likely. Then again, she has a chance to appear to retroactively promote 04.

At least the last Tomino Memo acknowledged her.

Who else is on that list?

I have Millie, Anasel, Yukihime, Kenja Keiko, Lark, Kazemaru, Emi, Elena Flower and one of Arios' girlfriends in mine.

Rance
Suzume (as a ghost anyway)
Those two noble guys whose name escapes me in VI
Am
Freak is basically a living corpse, as are most toushins

There's probably some others i can't remember but I think that gets the point across. I don't believe it's likely a dead character is back or anything, but if AS wants it enough they can bring back any dead character given the setting has so many ways to cheat it.

Hassam and his Zuruki?

Yeah that's it. They become zombies late into VI.

>Rance
Damn, I can´t believe I forgot about him.

Am never died. Getting 100% pollution don't kill you, but rather make you immortal. It's just that most people lose their minds as they reach that point, so they act like zombies, but aren't really undead.

I'm not sure if this is meant to be a joke or a 4.2 reference.

my bad I thought she was dead, nevermind about her.

>every character playable
I don't like it. That means less content for individual characters.

4.2 reference.

Playable has never meant getting much content. Just means you can get recruited as part of the wider war between humanity and the demon invasion.

Tomato
Cessna
Shariela
Millie
Sel
Willis (more of want one more scene than anything really)
Eleanor Ran
Pink Mask

Seeing your list, I would probably add Emi and Elena. Stretching it with Dossky's inclusion would make it Alicia, Aya and Eline (the surprisingly strong daughter of Happiness Pharmaceutical).

Willis, Sel and Eleanor Ran seem pretty safe bets.

Not necessarily. If many of these superfluous characters have little content, then adding them wont affect the content for the other characters that will be main in it.

It would only be what you said if they trued to give the greatest majority of these characters an equal amount of content, so everyone have less.

>writer guy from quest

He'll probably double down and say it was Bird

Well I'm not worried. We have screenshots with Sill already. Guaranteed to have several H scenes and lots of content. Looking forward to X!

If we forget about memes, then Kazuhisa (spear warrior) is the coolest Shimazu.

no

Yes, he is.

>If we forget about memes

Should be cozy.

>Sillfags are frogposters
I knew it

>Implying there is more than one

Sill a shit.

Pink Mask is best pink-haired character.

>Suzume

Her soul already "moved on" after Quest, so she's definitely not coming back.

Ootomo Sourin and Aburako Dousan never.

Io won't be in X

I want to be in Io!

Rance was just through Wenlina, who can only revive those that died recently, aka, everyone that died before X.
You said it yourself, as a ghost and she passed on.
Zombies.
Am didn't die.
Toushos are not living corpses, they're closer to cyborgs.

>Dossky is playable
That means there's hope for Arios, Lark and Marishiten!

Playable ally killer!

Imagine having your favorite character not get included in an enormous roster that includes the fucking author guy from a couple of missions in Quest. That would suck so much. The outrage is inevitable.

>Arios
Too busy being homo.
>Lark
Maybe.
>Marishiten
Higher chance than Lark. Honestly, pre-Dossky, I would have rated him as pretty likely to get in too.

Annis is pretty likely even before then. It always feels like she would be the best to take out RedEye.

Poss-Dossky, Marishiten's chance are actually really solid. Miracle mentioned him as very skilled and all.

Will Rance be playable in X?

Nah, Sill will be the main.

My god, we haven't even considered this. Any confirmation that we can actually play as Rance? The screenshots might have been placeholders for the main hero: Bird.

>implying Kayblis isn't the main character

>alicesoft reads this thread
>they unironically give Bird a major role
>alice's mansion says its their gift to us

Bird one armed knight sent back to the past confirmed.

Majin Rance's sacrifice soon!

>Demon King Route's ending is this.

I just hope it won't be disappointing.

>Rance X's subtitle is Final Explosion

It's so hilariously corny that it works. Though it's a bit funny every other game has a serious title but they pretty much give up for the last one.

Hate to look like a newfag, but what's the name of that meme anyway? My attempts at finding templates or image macros for it have always failed, because I have no clue what it's fucking called.

Even if you tried to come up with a more serious title like Fall of Leazas, what would it be? I can't think of anything that doesn't sound bad like "Demon War" or something.

Just Rance X would have been fine.

Every large scale game had a title.

>implying we don't already have a perfect title
I'm looking forward to putting up the posters in my office

I quite like this Final Ejaculation idea someone on 2ch had

That implies Rance dies, which is kinda shitty to give away in the title.

I wasn't saying that Final Explosion isn't perfect. Just that I can't think of a title that is more "serious".

In VI what determines the special additional rewards from the basement chests in the Haniwa Plains? The hanny in the village said something about 10 times each and there would be a special reward but it didn't work out exactly like that.

At 1-7 annihilations each I just got the 2k gold from each chest. At 8 annihilations each the basement chests each gave me a super experience bread in addition to the 2k gold which was pretty cool. Then there was just the 2k gold again at 9 annihilations each. Finally at 10 annihilations I got a magic tomato from each chest in addition to the 2k gold which was...disappointing. After that I went all the way up to 20 times each but the chests never gave me any additional rewards. It was just the 2k gold again in each chest from annihilations 11-20.

So I guess that was just a two-off thing? Or maybe there's some element of randomness to it? Anyone else try to test this out? I feel like this would really be worth grinding if I could figure out if there's a trigger for getting a stat/exp boosting item in addition to the gold.

This guy just showed up, slapped me and ran. Do i have to kill him for 100%

Fall of Leazas is a shit title, just like Collapse of Zeth.

Final Explosion is at least cheeky.

Yes, but you don't have to beat him to unlock the true ending if that's all you care about.

A big problem is likely the content, as it should be at least fighting the demons and then also the gods. And possible more with the whole branching plotline. So just one simple subtitle like the other games wouldn't be able to represent the game well.

Every game that was just Rance and a number had a subtitle. The only ones without subtitles are the ones with the anem already is a different title, so Rance Quest, Sengoku Rance and Kichikuou Rance.

>And possible more
Besides the Gods and the Demons, literally the only other thing left is Shangri-La, which is at best going to be a single small/mid-size quest.

He just showed up again and lasted longer. Does he get another turn each time i fight him?

Yes. Keep in mind that he only shows up if you have a full party of six with you.

Yes. He's not very strong, but you have to meet him several times to have enough turns to kill him.

I only had 5 the second time i fought him

It may be 5+ then. I'm pretty sure there was a requeriment like that.

I have almost all the events done but im missing some. I'm assuming there is one for hanny king and archfriend but I don't know what else I am missing.

The one in slot 8 is a Urza CG. I don't know if you can still get that in post game.

The 100% CG and the true ending. Just kill the Hanny King and rewatch the ending sequence.

I'd probably just try making a Gundam reference like "Rance's Counterattack". Excuse me, "Darknesshero Counterattack" AS wouldn't use proper English.

Rance´s Seed Destiny

Rance Age

>8-6: Urza Pranaice True End H CG. You need to clear all the characters before beating the true final boss in the post-game. All the playable characters can be cleared except for the irrelevant ones Cessna, Megadeth, Prima and Bernard. Tamanegi is cleared after capturing every Gal Monster.

Also, alicesoft.wikia.com/wiki/Rance_6:CG_Guide.

How do you know Rance X isn't already a Gundam reference?

Please don't mention Seed ever again.