/ovg/ - Minivans Edition

Welcome to Auto Vidya General

Previous Thread: >>Our Wiki will answer every question you could possibly have!
>get-good.net

Swing by our Mumble server and introduce yourself!
>Mumble IP: mumble.get-good.net
>Port: 64738

Join the /ovg/ group on Steam!
>steamcommunity.com/groups/ovgonsteam

Equipment Guide
>docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uLKMbKwweUZ3QvFeNs8UeycZbDyo0McxGj7T6uTaTNo/edit#gid=0

We're racing on the weekends. Check out our Google doc for more info!
>docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1R3KWTJsrlS9X2EZUNXY8KbHfsHD-t3_EU_A1n6wBBQc

Attached: 12.jpg (800x600, 93K)

Other urls found in this thread:

vocaroo.com/i/s0HeBBv2537t
youtube.com/watch?v=N3d_PwEXZvQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

where do I see new episodes of Motor Trend on Demand like Head2Head and Ignition, without paying?

seriously this

Attached: YEAH YOU GOT ONE.webm (1280x720, 1.45M)

Attached: 1499964665860.jpg (210x219, 15K)

>Make it through the esses but crash on tha straight

Attached: Automobilista 03.25.2018 - 18.52.15.02.webm (720x450, 2.94M)

Attached: Watkins shitter slalom.webm (1280x720, 2.84M)

Attached: howtobasic slalom ep2.webm (1280x720, 2.84M)

retard question
would a gt mobile port sell like hotcakes?

Attached: Nürburgring Nordschleife_11.jpg (3840x2160, 1.06M)

Attached: amswatkins21.webm (900x380, 2.72M)

Normans are busy with Fortnite and everyone else is to intelligent to spend money on mobile games

I have avenged you, GFin

Attached: Automobilista 03.25.2018 - 18.44.49.01.webm (1080x674, 2.83M)

GT was the 8th most sold game for the PSP, so probably yes.
Then again, the Vita is such a huge failure that it probably wouldn't sell on that, Sony probably won't make any mobile consoles because of that and on a phone the chances are slim aswell unless they'd make it F2P

Autopolis is coming this update screen cap this post

Attached: SatoshiMotoyama_2015-Dec-25.jpg (1024x768, 121K)

Wow that looks shit

Why does this look so dreadful?

On a scale of understeering pig to oversteering mid engined shit storm, how worthless is this car going to be?

All the footage I have seen of it is straight line pulls and even then it didn't look stable.

Attached: eckert-mach-40-1969-ford-mustang-driving-side-view.jpg (4368x2912, 1.11M)

Probably because you'd take graphics and loot boxes over actual racing

Your "racing" looks like a crash filled shitfest too, so you've got no argument there, mate.
Maybe it would help if the visibility weren't so crap due to totally fucked up lighting.

>can't afford VR because of my 450$ monthly salary
>found out that I can use my phone and the google cardboard that I have to play vr pc games
>mfw playing AC

Attached: 1407119379594.png (724x611, 129K)

>450$ monthly salary
The fuck? I make the equivalent of 580 usd just sitting at home.

Rubbin's racing kiddo. You're one of those shitters us professionals drive around.

there is countries where minimum wage sucks ass

Probably a model where you don't pay taxes if you only work enough to make 450$/month (so like 3-4 days a month, I did something similar when I was a student)

>Probably a model where you don't pay taxes if you only work enough to make 450$/month (so like 3-4 days a month, I did something similar when I was a student)
user, I'm so sorry but that's full time 10 hours a day 5 days a week.

trinus or vridge or whatever else isn't even remotely as good as any proper vr. eat only rice for a month and get rift dk2, you'll see

No no we're super serious automotive fans. We're not like those video game kiddies.

Where can I download old firmware updates for a Thrustmaster T150? Their website and softpedia have the latest firmware.

hello how do i have fun in here?

You can't expect a 13 year old lightning engine used on a very shit modded track to look better than even a 5 year old android game.

>he doesn't put his foot down and drive through the smoke
faggot

Probably not available. Usually you can't downgrade firmware anyway.

t. busrider

Check out my hecctik J-turn @0:18

friendly reminder to do 1 league race to get the regular challenger in about a week and the 1M in 4 weeks
additionally put in a bounty hunter rivals time even if its a dirty out lap

Attached: 1512374867487.webm (737x415, 2.86M)

>rift dk2
don't do this the screen is garbo

My phone's screen is 1440p, I'm sure it's enough.

lmao
why did you buy some fancy ass phone that you clearly can't afford?

then it's straight up BETTER than a DK2 if all you care about is simracing
t. former dk2 owner and have seen google cardboard run on an LG G3
also >buying a flagship on nigh-on neetbux
gj retard

What's the minimum speed at which your typical modern F1 car gets to properly benefit from its potential downforce while turning?

120mph

The phone was given to me by an old friend for a third of its price, and how can I have neetbux if I have a job?
Gj retard.

Attached: 1508732861732.jpg (720x716, 53K)

The limit approaching 0mph - wind speed

i have a DK2 and an LG G3 i'm no longer using
should i bother strapping it to my face or what

why not try both?
DK2's upsides: 75hz, no persistence, oculus drivers, OLED (no LCD trail effect)
G3's upsides: considerably better resolution and screen door effect

Oh yeah and also DK2's got positional head tracking out of the box.

I've got a G3 that I use for VR sometimes, my only real complaints are that it gets hot as fuck after 10-15 minutes and the bandwidth over USB 2.0 doesn't seem to be high enough to stream properly

maybe i'll try it when i'm really bored

Only 3 years in the making

and yet it will be shit

>tfw no formula gran turismo series

Attached: Autodromo Nazionale Monza.jpg (1920x1080, 389K)

We'll do a quick one on Wednesday if you like.

lmao james banned from yet another series. when will he ever learn?

source?

Racing games on E3 this year we will likely see
>Forza Horizon 4
>F&F game by SMS
>The Crew 2
>GTR3 maybe
>new Milestone game

oh no no no no

Spotted todayy

Attached: RHDNissan_Caravan_Limousine.jpg (540x720, 45K)

>>new milestone game
x4

I don't know why he was racing with simdads to start with, literally every conversation he had with the admin could have been with a bot designed to impersonate generic boomers in positions of marginal authority.

Heh this one was p. funny.

>race is at watkins glen historic
>they used modern watkins as a base and just dressed it up
>painted over the concrete grip strips but didnt change the grip level
>so there were random spots on the track with like a 10% increase in grip that you couldn't see
>if you hit certain corners wrong this would cause you to instaspin (70's can-am cars with no grip)
>mentioned it in the pre-race thread
>admin got mad and said it should have been sent to him privately
>apparently me pointing out a track problem is "shaming the league" or some shit
>claims they have no time to fix the track
>I make another post proving it's a 30 second fix by editing one INI file in notepad (terrain TDF, open, find concrete patch field, reduce dry grip from 1.1 to 1.0, all done)
>admin issues an update

>normies complain they have to make new setups (they don't, they're just shit)
>normies complain "hurr u just changed the track for one guy"
>admin defends me and says it actually was a legitimate issue that needed to be fixed for the race and even though im an asshole, my complaints were valid
>I go into practice
>admin shows up 5 minutes later
>threatens to ban me if I don't help the normies with their setups
>whip out my cell phone & take a picture of the monitor

>race day
>I wreck out early cause some guy put two wheels on the grass and threw it back onto the track into a pack of cars
>people blame me, idgaf, I wasn't the one to throw his car into traffic
>for lolz in the post race thread I ask how to protest admin and insert the cell phone pic I took
>get banned

Attached: DZKZLM-VAAAulN2.jpg (1199x675, 97K)

so was it the simdads fault or james fault?

>Be James
>Whine about grip levels on the track that no one else really cares that much about
>Make a dude change it because muh autism
>Said person goes snarky on you and says he will direct people who want setup tips post patch
>Be a smartass about it
>get a warning
>Be even more of a smartass about it later
>Get banned
Don't worry James. Everybody else is always at fault. It's never you.

>cell phone pic
James pls

>track problems are just one guy being autistic

>Everybody else is always at fault. It's never you.
vocaroo.com/i/s0HeBBv2537t

you got banned for being a cunt

it's standard protocol on the internet not to shit on administration in public if you don't want to get banned

>internet admin is a powertripping shitter
this is normal

If watkins had the same grip issue would anyone really care?

Yeah dude how dare he embarrass the league in front of its TV partners and millions of potential viewers that believe it to be a flawless pinnacle of sport.

Attached: 1511202623838.png (500x558, 312K)

Why didn't they just download risto_watkins_b.svm

>doesn't remember Catalunya getting shitlisted because it had slightly less grip than other tracks so everyone could blame how much they suck on it

talk shit, get hit animeposter
Go suck James' dick on his teamspeak now

It's ok because you could gain the time back by cutting the T1 chicane

How much track issues bother you generally relates to how easy you think it would be to fix, with the default for most people being to believe everything is impossibly difficult.

This probably vaguely relates to why everyone keeps regurgitating the old version of Watkins Glen with the death curbs into every gMotor game when the game it was ripped from updated the track to be more accurate years ago.

Attached: 273840_2015-08-23_00024.jpg (1920x1080, 612K)

I still love how an autistic Finnish weeb furfag went through James's entire replay to make this webm.

Attached: 1424109737856.webm (640x360, 2.81M)

did nobody check track limits before the race?

no

t. 0 penalties

Attached: penalties.png (866x612, 58K)

There weren't any rules about track limits until said autistic Finnish weeb furfag got really butthurt about finishing second to James.

Attached: remembernoshortcuts.webm (1280x720, 1.87M)

alright my dudes I know not that many people here do iracing but lads the LMP1s are quite fun. they get pretty hektik on a nearly full 60 car grid dealing with traffic but feeling that boost kick in is all worth it

how do they compare to the AC LMP1s?
That's the only other sim that I know where it has a good hybrid system

i was planning on buying one of the lmp1's but since i saw that everyone is using them i didnt.

having 20 lmp1's and 5 gte's defeat the satisfaction of weaving thru traffic on endurance races i want true multiclass racing i guess ill just have to wait until the hype dies down

in my races this weekend there were a healthy amount of GTEs. close to 50% in my two races. obviously not close to real life but plenty of traffic to manage. There are very few daytona prototypes though which is kind of expected. you'll only see those in top split

haven't tried them honestly. Don't play much AC since the iracing multiplayer is so much better in my opinion and i'm paying for it. I'll give it a shot and report back assuming

assuming I can get it up and running*

most of the MR cars in sport always oversteer for me no matter how much i tweak it to understeer, but i'll be damned of i don't get some great lap times out of the mclaren f1 and tomahawk gr1. i'm hopeful it won't be a huge turd.

I think it would do well
Almost all of the racing games on the app store are either P2W or meh

Attached: Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps_15.jpg (3494x2160, 946K)

did a few laps on the same track (nurburgring GP) on AC. the iracing version has a bit more adjustablitiy for starters in terms of setup choices. I couldn't figure out how to change the downforce in AC aside from the wing settings. iracing has a high downforce layout separate from the wing angle.

The hybrid system recharges much more energy in AC. i never ran out of juice despite driving like an idiot. in iracing you have to manage it much more closely. also the bars are different on the wheel for the hybrid battery and boost remaining for the lap for some reason. One more thing is the brakes. in iracing the brakes are much more powerful and there is a distinct difference between energy regenning brakes and physical pads that I didn't feel in AC.

The TC is much less intrusive on AC despite having been turned higher up than I have it in iracing. not sure which one is more realistic.

Both versions tend to understeer and you have to work that out in the setups. the default AC setup was particularly bad. Can't remember on iracing since i've worked it out since with just a couple tweaks

In general, like most cars, the AC version is more forgiving to drive versus the iracing version.

I prefer the iracing version but i am biased.

>when you're 28 years old and have a kid on the way but mom still films your fake nascar interviews

youtube.com/watch?v=N3d_PwEXZvQ

Thanks

Attached: 2018-03-25-1927-21.webm (960x540, 2.4M)

Put on your James, trip

Attached: 2018-03-25-1930-45.webm (960x540, 2.7M)

fuck off james

Attached: 2018-03-25-1939-48.webm (960x540, 2.68M)

Attached: 2018-03-25-1943-21.webm (960x540, 2.36M)

For real, what kind of disorder do you have James?

Attached: 2018-03-25-1945-12.webm (960x540, 2.68M)

Drive faster

Attached: 2018-03-25-1955-50.webm (960x540, 2.89M)

Attached: 2018-03-25-1957-01.webm (960x540, 2.93M)