Give me one good reason why I SHOULDN'T buy this car

Give me one good reason why I SHOULDN'T buy this car.

And by 'buy', I mean lease because I can't afford £35,000

Attached: blue-rs-800x534.jpg (800x534, 72K)

>lease
>$35K

Are you sick in the head?

£35k is mustang money. And in the UK a Mustang is a much more interesting car.

You can also get an A45 AMG for that money, granted not brand new but still.

>Focus RS
>lease

>mustang
>plastic
>interesting

No. An interesting car would be an Abarth 124 Spider which are £30k

No? I earn £26,000/year. It would take me years to save up 35k. I could comfortably afford to pay this monthly on lease/pcp deal.

Are you sick in the head?

The highest tier Mustang is 39k, the RS starts at 31k and ends up at 35k with all the extras.

HEADGASKETS

overheating rear diff too.

Don't lease a car you can't afford to buy with some saving. I earn a fair bit more than you and I still wouldn't dream of leasing/buying a new focus.

>35k
>Savings

do you live in a western country? most people dont even have 10k spare in their bank nowadays.

I make £25K a year and I managed to buy an FK2 Type R... Priorities mate.

Nigger, I make $35,000 a year and I still couldn't comfortably lease this car. Unless you still live with mommy and daddy and have 0 expenses, there should be no way you can. That lease figure is already dumb, but the insurance on the RS is even worse.

You say that you make $35k a year like that's a lot. Even our fucking janitors make more than you do.

That doesn’t make it a good idea

its a dead meme jim

Attached: 1460488502731.jpg (1000x872, 180K)

No, he's saying he makes more than OP (or around the same, considering conversion rates) and can't afford to lease that car you mong

Average household income in the UK is about £30k-£40k desu

LOL

>le non-amerilard currency xd

Attached: beter.jpg (746x553, 43K)

No I'm not, you dipshit. I'm saying I make more than OP and I couldn't comfortably lease and insure that car.

ha no it isn't, it's around £23k

I think he said household but you're thinking personal. That much household income would be destitution.

$35k is around £24k,
OP could afford it with a £5-6k deposit on a 48 month PCP deal.

Attached: 1521420303499.jpg (686x798, 174K)

He did literally say "I make $35,000 a year".
For what it's worth, buying a RS with full coverage insurance would only be about 750-800 $/mo, that should still be realistic for someone making $35k/yr. It might be a little hard depending on individual financial situations and comfort of living status, but possible.

There is no reason not to buy that car except for financial reasons. It's a good fucking car. It's not only functional in most scenarios, it's fucking fun. Go get it mate. Ignore the (((mustang))) shills

I don't think they do leases on the RS.

>still live with mommy and daddy

lol someones mad they have bills

Third party.

It's 27k. But this is the avaerage for the whole country. If you go by region it's very different. For example the average wage up north is a lot lower, then again the living expenses are much lower.

you could buy an evo or a poobaru outright

Attached: evo9 rally road car 2548456789.jpg (480x321, 123K)

>He did literally say "I make $35,000 a year".
A statement isn't bragging, nobody thinks 35k is a lot. While he probably COULD finance it, he definitely shouldn't.

I'm with this guy. If you can't afford to buy, you have no business leasing. Leasing is a higher income option, not a lower.

Golf GTI.
It's still a hot hatch when you want it to be, but it's incredibly refined.
The interior is miles ahead of the FiST/FoST.

Only one person managed to interpret that as "bragging" when it clearly wasn't

Enjoy paying off the finance when you ditch it and the insurance won't pay out because you fitted a 'wicked' Mountune kit and aftermarket exhaust to it and didn't tell them because they'd raise the premium.

Seriously, the UK doesn't need another 21 year old fucking themselves. Have some sense and get something more in your price bracket as even a lease on an RS would hit you hard every month on your salary.

take a loan for a subaru for 10-15k then put then buy the dip on bitcoin

then buy pic related in 2 years from your mad crypto gainz

Attached: 10276_fiests1-2016_116_896x504.jpg (896x504, 330K)

That is almost my mother's income, and I don't have a job.
t. somewhere up north

RS owner here.
It's a good car. Headgaskets aren't an issue anymore due to recalls.
I absolutely love the fucking car. It's great and practical.
That said, don't get the car if you cant afford it. I make $185k a year and I still complain about how expensive it is to have.
It takes premium fuel only and averages 17 mpg if you plan on having any fun with it. Insurance is ridiculously expensive. Parts are probably gonna be expensive. Boy racers want to racer. Cops want to pull you over.
Girl won't look at it cuz it's no Ferrari (bonus for me but idk about you).
If you really want something, get the FiST or something.

Never knew Ford shitbox ownership is so complicated

>I can't afford
There is your reason

It's not that complicated. it's just not cheap.

It's really not. The fuel isn't great but insurance is cheap because 4 doors and 4 cylinders and there's no reason to have to buy any "parts" at least until after the warranty runs out. It's mostly just the fuel.

Insurance is not cheap.
At 25 years old, with a clean record, driving since I was 16, my insurance was $258 a month.
I changed states and grew a year older so it's $160 a month now, but that's still a lot.

Well then your life sucks. I'm 26 and mine's $105 a month. Get a new provider or something.

>mfw these are still 60k new in Aus

the mustang is rare in the UK but the new one is not interesting. nobody here likes modern mustangs.

Because the M140i exists fucking moron

Nobody likes modern mustangs PERIOD

We have six figures in savings.

HeAd gAsKeT

>$800/mo on a car
>reasonable on $35k/year
>$35k less taxes/benefits is around $26k
>$26k/12 = $2166/mo
>save 20% for retirement, now you're down to $1732/mo
>rent is $600-1200 depending on city for poverty tier apartment. Assume cheap, now you're down to $1132/mo
>food is ~200/mo if you never eat out, now you're down to $932/mo
>$800 on a car leaves only $130 for gas, emergencies, other purchase

I personally wouldn't buy a new $35k car unless I made ~$80k+/year

Attached: 1521833558121.png (211x239, 5K)

>$35k less taxes/benefits is around $26k
Then that's not "making" $35k a year, you mong. If you make $35k, that's $35k. If you make $26k, then that's $26k.

literally every job salary/rate is a pre-tax rate

The part after the decimal doesn't count.

That's true and also irrelevant. He says "i make $35,000 a year" not "my job's pre-tax salary is $35,000"

everyone says they make the pre-tax rate since it's a bigger number. Unless he specified that's what I assumed. if that's what he meant he would have written "I make xxx/year after taxes"

I make that much and I question going above 30K on a car.

Have you even calculated the Insurance on that thing.

Already said 26k so I'm going to assume

Well that's what you get for making assumptions. Next time try not to read people's minds for them.

highly dependent on cost of living. if you're paying something like $2k/mo on a mortgage or planning to retire early then yeah I would agree with you

Burning fossil fuels is a crime. Ive reported you to Interpol.

I make a little over 100k and I spent all afternoon haggling down the price on a new Mazda 3 back to its 22.5k MSRP.

Attached: foto_no_exif (1).jpg (720x540, 112K)

>paying MSRP on an econobox

Attached: 1521825557624.png (403x448, 58K)

>haggling down to msrp
Do you get dressed up all fancy before going to the dealership? Put on your shiniest helmet? Get your leather Velcro shoes on?

I make way over 100k and I’m the last car I bought was a 2005 Buick LeSabre.

do you honestly think a stealership will go below MSRP on fucking anything? Have you ever bought a new car?

I can't believe I'm actually falling for this troll right now. No one pays, dude, no one pays MSRP. I bought my last car for $8k under MSRP.

you could have clicked a button online and gotten a better price if this isn't a joke

Attached: mazda3.png (1068x526, 130K)

This whole thread, when I make like 10k euro a year

Attached: 1522018965989.jpg (540x720, 47K)

Nigger I bought a hellcat for six grand under MSRP.

>lives in the US
>complains about expensive gas
>cops apparently want to pull you over for no reason
>parts are gonna be expensive
>has never heard of rockauto.com and forgets that it shares many parts with a mass produced econobox

what kind of fucking fantasy land do you live in?

No you didn't.

> forgets that it shares many parts with a mass produced econobox
It doesn't. Almost every piece of the drive train is unique. The engine block is shared by the Mustang but all the internals are also unique.

And every non-drivetrain piece is from a cheap econobox.

People were having problems because some idiots at Ford put Mustang headgaskets on it, and you would want to repair the RS with standard focus parts?

Right because I'm sure when he was talking about expensive parts he meant like the side view mirrors and the glove box.

Heh, my mortgage will be paid off shortly and I have a good pension plan. I'm just cheap because I sleep so much better without financial stress.

Cars don't have to be an expense interest. I'm happy as a clam getting greasy under a reasonably priced car.

Thanks for that insightful rebuttal.

>shitty head gasket
>engine block cracks
Pick one.

>recall
>not actually a problem
All you get is a fun car with a reliable engine.

engine also the same as the speed3s and 6s. engine parts are the same so you can get better parts that have been developed for 12 yrs to fit onto an RS.

Expecting proof isn't exactly unwarranted, champ.

Yeah because they have the same block they're the same engine.

S A M E

It was a special order and the original customer bailed.

Attached: 473CA201-9F4A-481D-B51F-8996D7F7D130.jpg (4032x3024, 3.22M)

That wasn't so hard. Enjoy the car bud.

Well, I did have to go out in the garage.