/mhg/ - Monster Hunter General

What is so bad about XX?

>Monster Hunter: World
-MH:World is coming out for PS4 and Xbox One early 2018, and eventually PC. pastebin.com/TRFRGFn1
↳Trailer 8/18: youtube.com/watch?v=ULqY6yXn2S4
↳Demo Gameplay 8/22: youtube.com/watch?v=WBg6KnkpaXU
↳Weapons: youtube.com/playlist?list=PL_ALSpmx2A8sAdeuYKMnrCt0xCpwPyPbC

>News
-Monster Hunter XX Nintendo Switch Ver. out now, region free. youtube.com/watch?v=Urb9cJcwAUA
↳3DS to Switch Save Data App: my.mixtape.moe/ezwmnj.png
-MHXX Update 1.2.0 w/ Eng Patch v4: my.mixtape.moe/glpowg.png
-Monster Hunter Stories comes out 9/8. Demo available. youtube.com/watch?v=r46Jbq-ZNok

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

kiranico.com/
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
Create or find a Gathering Hall
Passcode: 7243
In XX, ターグット: Gathering フィールド採集 (page 1, middle right)
In Generations, Objective: Gathering
In 4U, Target: Fishing

Tags: MHWorld, MHXX, MHGen, MH4U, MH3U, Stories, MonHun, /mhg/

Previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/luF2gR_44S4
youtube.com/watch?v=Q1nGLVkvlk4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Enjoy Monster Hunter Stories, /mhg/!

>XX is a good Monster Hunter game

Well can you explain what is so bad about it?

I'm so glad I didn't buy a Switch!

>4u is a good Monster Hunter game

It's not tho

You're right, that's wrong, it's the BEST Monster Hunter game.

NIGGERS
I
G
G
E
R
S

>it's the BEST Monster Hunter game.

nothing wrong with dark skinned hunters

You are really fucking stupid and know nothing about programming enemy AIs. That's pretty much all there is to it.

>Abundance of gathering quests and fucked quest pacing in general (You killed lagiacrus in Mist Peaks? Hunt in in the Deserted Islands!)
>TICKETS BABY
>Everyone and their mother having a quest line that unlocks armor and shit rather than you hunting
>Said questlines act like urgents so you have to be the one who put up the quest for it to count as a clear
>TICKETS FROM BHERNA TO KOKOTO
>New monsters, Deviants, and Lagi taking from Frontier's school of designing movesets
>Everything about prowler
>Retarded kitchen system
>HERE HAVE ANOTHER TICKET FOR WIPING YOUR ASS
>Styles are unbalanced to hell and back

Everyone knows Dos is the best Monster Hunter game.
Prove me wrong.

well that's not true, there's at least one thing wrong with them

The best three MH games are Dos, Tri and 4U.

pvp

How are tickets different from other crafting materials?

Tell me how. How do you tell monsters to cancel animations? What's the difference between a tailspin and a charge with a tailspin "cancelling" into a charge? In terms of scripting. Why does it stop after the charge? Why doesn't the AI continue cancelling attacks into more attacks? How do you program a feint for that matter?

>anjanath is literally deviljho but more boring
>great jagras is literally royal ludroth but more boring
>chameleon thing is literally just Gypceros but made into a chameleon
>new drome is just great maccao but with a rock
why do we hate frontier again when the other extreme is just as bad?

You're forced to do certain things to get tickets, it's used to fore gating.

>great jagras is literally royal ludroth but more boring
It's from the same family as Zamtrios and you can visually see this. How in the fuck did you get that from royal ludroth. Because both are yellow? Are you shitting me?

When you accept a quest do you imagine floating colored tickets on your head like I do, doodle?

>>New monsters, Deviants, and Lagi taking from Frontier's school of designing movesets
So by this logic 4U is just as bad.

is the stuff gated behind tickets required for meta armor sets/weapons? How many of these are required for meta sets, and how hard is it to get the tickets required for the meta stuff?

force*

Jagras is more like Zamtrios with Ludroth's coloring.

Who the fuck cares about meta stuff?

>XX is a good Monster Hunter game that's challenging and difficult

*breathes in*

I don't remember monsters in 4U being walking AoEs.

Hypers and Supers are no fun. Neither are styles or hunting arts. Also AoE shit everywhere and hubs are always full of discorders. Shit game.

okay so the stuff behind tickets is literally the same as the other crafted armor and weapons then?

i see this all over, it's retarded.
people can't see skeletons, or are too dumb to know what a skeleton is
>hurr durr ceadeus is a different skeleton than lagi
>hurr durr malfestio is a different skeleton from steve

Well i don't remember them being one in XX either, outside the already existing one brought by Tri and 3U.

Remember that faglord who insisted Gobul was a different skeleton? Good times.

except almost every monster in XX is new and not from previous games, and all of the new monsters they made are walking aoes, unlike the previous monsters.

Fated 4/Deviants all have a projectile attack that has a bigger explosion once it hits something on top of obligatory slam that does X gimmick that they are. Lagiacrus was fine in Tri/3U. His thunderball never lingered and expanded and his attack where he released electricity never fucking expanded its range like it does in Gen/XX.

>except almost every monster in XX is new and not from previous games

Or like Hyper Zinogre throwing planets at you

prove me wrong while proving that somehow returning monsters have all been changed to be walking aoes

>full of discorders

I'm believing the whole "Discord is the new Reddit" thing.

>How do you tell monsters to cancel animations?
have animations that can be called even during other animations, if you think the devs actually took the time to code individual behaviours for every possible frame of animation and also coded some literal magic that determines which one to use to precisely hit the player an entire attack in advance you're retarded, but I think we already established that you are anyway so I'm sure that's exactly what you believe.

Hypers

youtu.be/luF2gR_44S4

This is fine.

Damn, the skill ceiling in that game in that game is the highest yet!

The only monster I remember getting really ridiculous AOE size from Hyper was Lagi

Nice goalpost moving friend, the argument turned from "You can't a game with 100% action all the time" to "You must have boring and uninteresting parts in your game"

>4U is a hard game and requires skill

Reminder to punch the paratoads

TGS needs to come sooner so all this fucking cancer can calm down for like a day

The problem is not 4U, but GS.

Is monster Hunter Doublecross coming out in 3ds here in west?

Don't you mean call this specific animation after the current attack animation has dealt it's damage? And not a moment before or after? Meaning if the first attack lasts 100 frames and the attack is at the 70th frame, the attacks are called at the 71st frame?

This chink is known cheater.

Niggers?

What's wrong with cancer?

This is the fate of all generals, accept it.

Literally no different from the Apex ones outside being shittier.

>Fated 4/Deviants all have a projectile attack that has a bigger explosion once it hits something
You mean like Rathian, that was in the picture?

>Lagiacrus was fine in Tri/3U
Okay, i'm out. Evidently you have some problem if AoE and current dash spam was "fine". And one the last point you're evidently only considering the base Lagiacrus instead of Ivory.

Is the general not discussing Monster Hunter games?

Are people breaking the rules?

>procedurally generated quests are the best
This is the meme I hate the most from baners.

It is. Both are communities that anons are too paranoid about but both are also gathering places for loathsome shitters who do factually deliberately come to Veeky Forums to shit up threads (just not in organised raids) on top of just being shitty people who are unpleasant to interact with either from some malice or because they're really fucking stupid and cringy.

Yes youtube.com/watch?v=Q1nGLVkvlk4

Dunno why you suddendly completely forgot that the discussion was a XX-4U comparison and only focused on XX for some reason.

Let me remind with a literal walking AoE old monster reintroduced in 4(U).

You didn't fight Raths and Zinogre?
Apex Zinogre throws thunderbugs, not planets.

No. capcom's partnership with nintendo is over.

I can't believe they thought Black Grav was good enough to get its own CG render

>Like Rathian?

No, compare Ian's fire ball to fucking Glaive Anus. The explosion size is the same as the fireball. Meanwhile Anus (especially hellblade) are fucking ridiculous when it comes to it.

>Evidently you have some problem if AoE and current dash spam was "fine"

Fine in comparison to what he turned into in Gen/XX. Whether or not he's good is another debate.

>you're evidently only considering the base Lagiacrus instead of Ivory

Because base lagiacrus is what got into Gen/XX. Not ivory.

You just described Veeky Forums and somethingawful too.

The internet treehouse mentality is retarded.

All monsters get new renders in 4th gen

I am ready for /comfy/ this weekend /mhg/ gonna be comfy as fuck riding out this hurricane

I am downloading Stories from the Freeshop right now. What am I in for?

>any monster hunter is a good game
Smug anime girl

hurricane?

Well, which games would you consider not to be good Monster Hunter games?

proofs rooster

>The explosion size is the same as the fireball.
Except it is not? Rathian has two kind of fireballs for a reason. A normal and a "bomb" one.

>Meanwhile Anus (especially hellblade) are fucking ridiculous when it comes to it.
So Brachydios?

>Fine in comparison to what he turned into in Gen/XX.
It didn't "turn" into nothing. It was already like that in water and it was it outside when Ivory was involved.

>Because base lagiacrus is what got into Gen/XX. Not ivory.
A game with no subs and a gimped moveset made an original get sub moves to compensate? No way...no! Don't tell me Silverwind Narga has the double tailslam of the Green one!

You forgot Hyper Sil Los when the head is activated. The flame burst gets so stupidly big I think it covers his body as well instead of being just a cone attack but that really only is a problem with hypers, the most simple projectile gets tripled in size so it is an AoE

is monster hunter stories usa cia out yet?

be safe, doodle.

Hurricane Irma is slowly approaching Florida

No. Just get the euro one.

berukyurosu is the worst frontier monster
WORST

DMC DmC

Post your Rider!

Nah. Stories is.

WRONG you fucking leftist cuck. Go back to fucking reddit you bluepilled numale bbc loving cuck loving shit eater.

Monster Hunter is just a DarkSouls clone.

You're not supposed to be that brutally honest while posting here.

At the end of the day I guess people are just horrible.

>DmC

and you are no different from the rest of us

>loathsome shitters who do factually deliberately come to Veeky Forums to shit up threads (just not in organised raids) on top of just being shitty people who are unpleasant to interact with either from some malice or because they're really fucking stupid and cringy.
Jesus christ. Your superiority complex is showing, my dude.
Because everyone who posts in Veeky Forums is a perfect MLG pro and a nice person to be around too, right?

3rd gen volanco was best volcano, 4U was a good map but lacked massive explosions on tiny rock pathways looming over molten death

Never said I wasn't.