In 1923 UK, and the rest of allies gave Istanbul back to Turks peacefully without firing a bullet

>In 1923 UK, and the rest of allies gave Istanbul back to Turks peacefully without firing a bullet.
>You go back in time as a British Officer working in Istanbul, to the morning of 1st of January 1923. What would you do?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Wcze7EGorOk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Follow orders because pulling that kind of gung ho action is only tolerated in the Japanese army

you would probably get lynched by million turks who were already protesting in favor of returning of istanbul
that is if you didnt get shot by brits first for not following orders
turkeys efforts of reclaiming instanbul was backed by the usa and brits didnt have power necessary to fight against a US backed turkish army

not to mention that giving istanbul back meant that turkey would pay ottoman empires debts whereas a conflict would mean more economical strain on england

Follow my orders I suppose

Kill all of the turks. Constantinople is Europe!!!

Refuse orders.

Constantinople is Europe and not Turkish!

The LARPers are here

Eternal Anglo strikes again

What is an Istanbul? Do you mean Constantinople? If so please us the correct name.

Winner takes it all, including the rights of name.

Istanbul, not Constantinople

I fucking hate protestants

drink myself to death.

>realise I'm a britbong
>shot self

One less Anglo.

>make constantinople greek again!
>lost
>istanbul has less greek than before
Kek

Really? At that point the Brits were still the dominant world power or at least "first among equals."

No they weren't. They were kept in the war by American Money, and they were eager to sign the Washington Naval Treaty because they knew any competition with the U.S. would be futile.

>Washington Naval Treaty

If America was in any position of power in regards to the Brits, they would have insisted on a higher tonnage for themselves. Saying that the sheer luck of being remote from most of the worlds major conflicts has produced the US as it is today.

>destroying Roachistan
>bad

Hi there Germany.

>it's been hundreds of years and people are still butthurt over byzantion

See if Doner Kebab existed back in the day.

Taken by a British Photographer somewhere in the Ottoman Empire, 1855.

youtube.com/watch?v=Wcze7EGorOk