I understand the design looks like shit but do people really hate it for being FWD?

I understand the design looks like shit but do people really hate it for being FWD?

Attached: Honda-Civic-Type-R-Malaysia-launch-1.jpg (2560x1644, 1.16M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=TrRm7eZn6-c
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

they hate it because it's expensive and overstyled.

Attached: 1997-honda-civic-type-r-1.jpg (936x527, 45K)

No.

Yes and the fact that it's the V8 pony car price range. "hot hatches" don't really work in America... It's also way too fucking ugly.

Can a FWD car be a "driver's car"?

>V8 pony car price range.
well it is faster

Attached: importbeatsmuscle.jpg (1402x858, 419K)

of course.

And fat which I could forgive if it has nice styling but Honda have gone full retard

Nobody gives a fuck about laptimes in the real world. And it beat a shitty mustang by like 0.002 of a second you fucking nerd. It's still slower where it counts... The green light and the highway. And you can't drift it or do burnouts.

eh it's only 3100 lbs

i think we're close the point that they'll release a Fit Type R and that will be the spiritual successor to the CTR, and the CTR will become their high priced road rocket. Similar to how the M2 is now the M3 and the M4 is now the rich man's sports car

Have you seen how fast it is? It out does most RWD or AWD cars with similar specs. We live in an age where suspension is King.

Yes, there have been a shitload of good drivers' cars that are FWD.

>muh straight line "racing"

Attached: 1521729772028.png (560x590, 13K)

Is the list just this thing and the ones in the sticky that are fwd or are there other ones?

Welcome to the real world kid.

Ford Focus ST
Ford Fiesta ST
Civic Type R and SI
VW GTI
Fiat 500 Abarth
Dodge Neon SRT4
Chevy Cobalt SS

and way more that im leaving out

>america
>real world

Attached: 6E2CB6714C1D4AF28F8827CF330734EC.png (423x330, 26K)

You forgot a shitload of French hot hatches and the Teg

youtube.com/watch?v=TrRm7eZn6-c
eat shit, bus rider

>0.002 of a second
it's more than a full second faster and that's the older, heavier, slower type R. for fuck's sake, how embarrassing is it that a V8 mustang gets walked by an unmodified civic with half the cylinders and less than half the displacement

>muh straight lines

all you need to win a drag race is an automatic transmission and a good engine

theres 0 skill involved in going fast in a straight line

Attached: IMG_20180107_140907_522.jpg (500x531, 48K)

No. The RWD version of a FWD will always be better even if the FWD is fast, which this one is not.

Abarth is love, Abarth is life

Attached: NoMuffler.jpg (1500x1017, 146K)

THE R STANDS FOR RICER!

I like the car, but this really applies. Those wheels are pure rice, and going to snap. They only have them on to show off the red break calipers. It has fake vents, because racecar.

I say this as someone who likes the back end of these.

Missing the grand daddy of FWD cars, the Integra Type R

hate is a strong word, it would imply it did something personal to affect me

but no i wouldn't buy it because i'd rather have a camaro ss 1LE/mustang 5.0 performance pack after the markups that seem to not be going away because i live in a area where honda ricers have money (nyc). maybe at or below msrp i'd take one.

around where I'm at the markup is about 3k over sticker which is about 38k. theres not really anything comparable at that price since 2018 focus rs goes for about 43k in my area.