Where did you love of cars begin?

Where did you love of cars begin?
your boi over here only cares about cars featured in this game and maybe handful others produced after games release lmao

Attached: gran turismo baby .jpg (1280x1024, 159K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5o0_K_tYXeU
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I watched a lot of WRC and JTCC in the 90s, and played the first four Gran Turismos.

My interest in cars faded over time, but I married a car guy and now I'm more interested than ever.

Gay
It's been with me since before I could walk. Not quite sure why.

Pretty much the same w/o JTCC and me being gay. My father bought PlayStation for "me" when I was 5. We both played Colin McRae and Gran Turismo to death. Loved WRC up to 2004, 2005 before it went to absolute shit.

damn nigga when i lapped mfs in gran turismo endurance race and then let the controller sit for 10-15 mins was legit af. as a kid i felt like a complete bad ass lmao

>It's been with me since before I could walk. Not quite sure why.
I'm the same, apparently I was always into cars as a child. I got a PSX and the original Gran Turismo for my 8th birthday and I think it spiralled from there. I remember having sleepovers with my mates in high school and we did the endurance races between us, then we all got our own cars later and still try to do as much together with them as we can.

For me, it obviously started with the very first Fast & Furious movie. I was around 8 years of age at the time of it's initial release.

It wasn't until the PS2 days when I picked up a copy of Midnight Club 3 and played the absolute shit out of it where my interest started, also was introduced to NFSU2 at my friends house, and also played the absolute shit out of that game when I bought myself a copy.

Fast forward a few years, just bought myself my first decent car after owning a shitty base model ek civic hatchback for around 7 years.

(Not my car in pic, mines milano red, mines also stock and boring at this stage)

Attached: 100_0641.jpg (851x638, 107K)

Sounds comfy.

pic related

Attached: 19f0f3e948e482c349309d731b503998.jpg (1000x750, 236K)

I accidentally clicked on Veeky Forums - Auto

Attached: 1511621705918.jpg (640x480, 27K)

all started here, then I really got into Porsche Unleashed and got a logitech wheel

Attached: need_for_speed_3_hot_pursuit_complete_cover_stock_by_mighoet-d5sdicb.jpg (1024x687, 217K)

parents super strict so i couldnt buy M games for the playstation 2 so I grew up with only racing games because theyre all E

still got mine

Attached: IMG_20180103_223334.jpg (3088x4160, 2.06M)

Started with hot wheels when I was a toddler. That progressed to 1/25 scale plastic models, started those when I was 8, built 45 of them by the time I was 14, still build the occasional one at 25.

Bought a 1985 Honda 3 wheeler when I was 13 for $100 and completely rebuilt it

When i was 14 my Grandfather bought me a rusted out 1985 f150 with a 351w to haul firewood around the property (60 acre farm) lots of tinkering on that, and learned to drive pretty hectically on dirt roads with it too

Between ages 16 - 25 I've now bought/sold/traded/fixed up/rebuilt/scrapped over 60 vehicles and atvs/motorcyles

Vidya, in particular Need for speed and Gran-turismo

This is an obscure one. I started drifting with a buddy on GTA SA. That slowly got me more into drifting, then into cars altogether. Years before that, I got my first taste of JDM classics by looking up what the game's cars were based on. I was reading about Skylines and why they weren't legal for import despite not really caring about cars. Weird game to spawn a love of cars from, but GTA SA been the shit mane.

Here's an example of a drift video
youtube.com/watch?v=5o0_K_tYXeU

I was always into skating, BMX, etc. which often leads to cars. My dad also drove a truck which I aspired to do as a kid. It seems like those kinds of seeds are usually already planted in us.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 95K)

>tfw japanese historics are impossible to find

>over a minute and a third of intro

>be me
>16 yrs old
>skinny, awkward, really bad acne
>zero self confidence
>buy car off school acquaintance
>never driven before
>my 1400 bucks gets me a 1994 base model eclipse with a manual transmission

Man when I started getting the hang of that manual trans I thought I was hot shit. It absolutely turned my life around and gave me a lot of confidence. Started dating girls and doing generally normie shit like having friends. I'd probably have killed myself by now if I hadn't discovered the magic of the open road.

>Great Granddad
>Grand dad
>Dad
>All at some point in there life Pro racers
>tfw i didn't like cars as much as them
>mfw i see Pic related at 14
>~Deja~vu~

Attached: th.jpg (474x266, 19K)

Matchbox cars and watching my dad work on the family shitbox, and later learning to work on it myself from a young age. When you don't have much money you learn real quick what it takes to keep a car on the road because towing is expensive and mechanics are no cheaper.

because scalpers

>Renault 5 Turbo
>Alfa Romeo Giulia Sprint GTA

that's some fucking kino tier collection, i dont even know they exist

i had always loved playing with hot wheels and the short tracks i could make but i wasn't incredibly interested in cars. i even had a racing game which i couldn't really get past the beginning bit because i was quite young but i enjoyed a lotus in that game. then when i was 20 i started playing need for speed shift and my interest in cars exploded. only gotten stronger since. as well it's probably not a coincidence i really enjoy modern lotus cars now considering i would rather get a classic car than any modern one. my taste in cars never changed either it's always been late 60's and early 70's mainly

Attached: maxresdefault3.jpg (3279x1844, 796K)

NFSU, NFSU2, Porsche Unleashed and Gran Turismo started it. I also collected Tomicas. Old house got raided and they got stolen. I recently bought four new ones recently for nostalgia.

Attached: IMG_20180327_210746.jpg (2592x1944, 1.33M)

As a young lad I watched this show. Pic related.

Attached: Sideswipe.jpg (366x480, 46K)

Dad use to play hot pursuit and gran turismo 1 on PlayStation. Just picked it up from there I guess with gran turismo 2. I specifically remember my Vector, RUF and TVR Cerbera Speed 12 being my quickest cars on Red Rocks. Ever since, I've been in love

Attached: tvr_cerbera_speed_12-tvr-unofficial-blog_2.jpg (800x565, 79K)

Absolutely no interest until I got my licence. Then I was interested in how it all worked and started wrenching.

Wished I knew how much I loved it earlier. Got muh vee ayte land barge now and couldn't be happier with it. Needs an exhaust and a tune though.

I really don't know where my interest in cars came from, my mother told me my first word was "cars" and my father was into NASCAR and Indy, so one of my very early memories are from me trying to play Indycar Racing II when i was around 3 years old.

As a little boy I really liked all sorts of classic cars because I thought they were cool, but my love for cars started when I was coming close to getting my license. Looking for a car to buy got me really really interested in cars.

I had hundreds of hot wheels as a kid but don't feel that at the time I was actually that interested in cars. Maybe just as into cars as a little kid could be?

F-Zero X made me want to go fast
Top Gear: Overdrive made me want to go fast in a car
NFSUG:II made me want to go fast in a riced out fwd
Midnight Club LA made me want to go fast while going fast and listening to power metal and listening to power metal
Also riding bikes as fast as possible while making race car noises and do suck skidz

Attached: 2BF6F107-B414-46D3-B395-94CF2A79F98D.gif (500x385, 1.93M)

>PSX
kys

I'm not even into cars desu.
I just come here to live vicariously through other Anons and pretend I have a normal life.

Attached: 1522201081803.jpg (980x735, 163K)

gta 4 beaters

Attached: GTAIV 2017-12-14 12-05-25-26.png (1920x1080, 2M)

When I was three years old I got a huge basket of hot wheels and matchbox cars.

I had a white Baja truck that had mud streaks up the side that I called "Dirty Dog"

Eventually I got nfs hot pursuit 2 and then most wanted and the rest is history

Attached: 06ldmH9.png (780x912, 814K)

>ctrl-f
>initial D
>0 results

Stop lying you weebs, we all know.

You mean when did the jews program me to be an automaton

My Grandma would watch me before I went to preschool while my parents were at work. Every time I went over her house she would give me one Hotwheels that I could add to my collection. She likes pills now.

desu i dont know how or when, not sure if im just a natural car guy or what but one day i was a car guy and it went downhill from there

take them out of the boxes and play with them what the fuck

Not everyone here is an underage basement dwelling fuck.

Daily reminder that anime is for faggotweebs

>He was actually able to control the speed 12
That thing was a squirly nightmare ao if you really did then you have my props
>Still remember my first car I got in it when I was a kid, a pulsar gti-r
>Second big car buy in it was a cappuccino

>pulsar gti-r
Based childhood

unironically initial d. let the (you)s commence

Attached: 1517267892884.gif (560x550, 1.07M)

>C'mon ma, I'll pay for the bomex kit myself if you let me put it on your camry
She let me put a TRD sticker on it eventually, I was the coolest kid in middleschool

Attached: Nfsu2-win-cover[1].jpg (256x364, 68K)