Do they make a product to spray on bare metal that can "save" your work...

Do they make a product to spray on bare metal that can "save" your work? Ideally for the time constrained projects that you can only dedicate a couple hours a week. Something you can spray/apply that has enough protection if it's sitting in a garage or something and can be easily removed later.

Attached: 11060916391257657254.jpg (800x600, 92K)

primer

Primer

Primer

primer

Primer isn't easily removable. You have to sand it a good amount which would then ruin your already smoothed surface area.

wd-40 if youre a redneck
Gibbs if youre not

Why would you grind it down? Your supposed to primer before paint.

nice 944 m8

Attached: 94C56F9F-1643-443B-BF89-C73048C6B610-3793-00000988BE0F5559.jpg (1200x461, 455K)

I've got very limited time and I'm prepping an entire car. My car, meaning I'm going to spend quality time on it. I want the primer to be applied all at once uniformly, not in small patches at different times.

Add a complete coat of primer at the end

If I've been adding small patches of primer, then your proposed coat of final primer would be uneven in thickness.

Add your patches of primer, then before you paint, sand the primer spots with 600 and prime the whole car. It'll all be smooth as long as the primer feathers out nicely to whatever is under it.

Plastidip. As long as you tape off so you have a sharp edge and put on half a dozen coats it'll peel off very easily.

Primer is porous though, and you're supposed to put a coat over primer within a certain time period. I'm really not sure what you should do honestly

I got a big ass dick.
You wanna see it? Nah nah nah lol maybe

it takes like 2 hours to paint a fucking car once its prepped. what the fuck are you on about?

You need a proper epoxy primer sealer. If it sits you don't need to remove it, you just have to scuff it before shooting the high build over it.

1. take it to bare metal
2. straighten panel
3. use filler and get as straight as you need to finish the car
4. shoot sealer onto it
5. shoot high build primer onto sealer
6. block car
7. repeat any previous steps necessary if it's not straight
8. one more coat of sealer
9. color
10. clear

I use PPG DP series for sealer, super good stuff. I had the hood and fenders of my project car in sealer for nearly a year, 0 rust. Nothing that comes out of a rattlecan is going to work for what you are doing, unless it's really expensive. You can use self etch primer but you'll have adhesion issues later.

Attached: IMG_20170714_171816579_HDR.jpg (1400x788, 543K)

I'm doing the prep in my garage over the span of a month.

90% of painting is prepping the car for paint as in applying masking tape, removing molding, lights, panels, door handles, locks, door cards, runners, cowls, wipers, etc. You cannot drive a car like that.

It takes at least 12 for one person to properly prep a car for paint, and about 2 hours to prime, paint, and clearcoat.

and that doesn't include sanding, or cleaning.

>You cannot drive a car like that.
Sure you can. Source: I have

Why are people who have never painted a car so quick to offer advice on it?

Buddy I'm doing it in my garage with no time limit and yes you could easily drive like that if you wanted to.

A tarp

Rust never stops, my man

P l a s t i d i p
Ez as 1-2 to take off, and since you don't care about the paint quality due to painting it properly down the road

Fill a swimming pool full of 3 in one and drive in

I don't know why this wasn't posted 20 times already.
Make sure the car is dry and cleanish before you spray it on. Whenever you're ready, peel it off and wash the oily residue away.

i dont know either desu, but it just clicked on me
either that or plastic bags, really

Get some preservative grease and slather down all the surfaces you're worried about

cosmoline is indeed a valid option
also check'd