You're a single 27 year old male with 25K and no debt, living with your parents. You also have a 401K with 10K in it...

You're a single 27 year old male with 25K and no debt, living with your parents. You also have a 401K with 10K in it. You make ~90K/yr from 2 jobs that total 65 hrs/week. You have a relatively high risk tolerance. What do you do with the 25K?

bribe 4chin to ip ban

go all in JNUG and take a fast track to the moon tomorrow!

That looks retarded. And way too risky anyway.

Info where

I'm thinking as a status quo - 80% in Vanguard VTI, 20% in 0.0075% saving account to hedge against a market crash. And then taking 2-5K shots at creating a private label products on Amazon.

If you want to hedge against the market, you can try putting some money in GLD. It did alright the last recession.

If I were to get gold, I'd buy the physical thing. But that's not quite liquid enough for my current net worth /income, where having that marginal 3K can help me start a business.

401k sounds like a Tumblr meme.

Buy some gold plated knee pads and start sucking those dicks.

You sound pretty familiar with that.

Anyone have any non-retarded, non-gay advice?

10K in ETH at 35$
3K in ARK
3K in NXT
3K in PIVX
1K to play daytrading with shitcoins

5K to stop being a manchild and move out of my mom's basement

I start by moving out of my parents house

>what do I do with 25k in "savings"
Keep about 5000k on hand, move the rest into an ETF.

Wonder why I'm not already financially independent.

Buy BitBay on the 25% dip, sell tomorrow for +50%.

I appreciate the advice to move out. I'm applying to jobs to replace my current 9-5, and was waiting until I resolved that. Might just go for it though.

I'm not, it just sounded like something you might like to do.

I feel like if we ever get to the point were the physical thing is effecient, you'd be better off buying bullets. But anyway there are other ways to hedge besides gold.

buy eth retard

Well I was inclined to just use the savings account because the combination with VTI will perform better than say shorting the S&P in the highest probability scenario - that the stock market goes up a few percent.

I guess the other argument for just using savings is less fees.

But yeah I'm also open to arguments that I should just have 100% in VTI.

I'm not in a position to be able to discern whether or not this is faddish or a pretty good idea. It also seems extremely high risk, so even if I thought it was a great investment I wouldn't spend more than a few K.

When you say shorting, are assuming just buying inverse ETFs? Or do you mean borrowing shares?

Yeah I meant buying an inverse ETF

Move out.

You could apply for option privileges, get the ability to do covered calls and buying calls/puts, and then instead of putting 80% in VTI, put 100% in a liquid ETF like SPY, and then sell covered calls on a portion of your portfolio to pay for puts that cover approx 20% of your portfolio. That's another alternative as well.

That's definitely interesting.

I'm gun shy in this area though because it requires me to have specific theses about the market's exact pricing or timing, which I don't have, and I'd expect any counterparty to have an edge on me.

I think the biggest question is why tf do you only $10k in your 401k? Why arent you maxing that thing out?

Not necessarily, because you would be delta neutral, or at least as close as possible to do so. Ideally, what you are doing is limiting your potential profit on a portion of your portfolio to pay for your hedge.

Also, in addition to any investing advice, I'd also welcome thoughts on stuff to buy that will make my life easier or better.

eee three yum

or u can stop trying to trade like a fgt when you dont really have any idea what ur doing. Seriously, you will trade your $25k away if you try and time the market.

Buy and hold. Yeah, you may not make money overnight...but over a year or twos time you will probably be up a deec amount.

Most of my income is from my second job which is relatively recent and doesn't pay into the 401k. I've got about $300 a month going into it... I would consider doing more.

I'm inclined towards liquidity because I want to be as prepared as possible if I develop a good business idea.

Or you can stop saying anything about timing. That's not the point. He isn't timing the market. The point is he is paying for a hedge. I'm not telling him to speculate.

Honestly?

Watch BTC until it dips then buy and never check the price for 5 years.

Normie tier:
Invest in yourself. Get an apartment. Move out of your parents house. Waste money on women and booze.

This is a real answer. Vanguard index fund ftw

This. If you're poor its ok but with 90k a year its pathetic.

you dont have time to pick stock. if you want to invest in stocks though, open a trading acct and setup DRIP to slowly pour cash into stock fund over time

if you have extra free time someday, look at picking stocks BUT DONT BUY STINKIN Veeky Forums MEMES on a whim or lose it all