/lisg/ - Life is Strange General #560

''Money for nothing'' Edition

Previous Thread: >Before the Storm Gamescom Launch Trailer:
youtube.com/watch?v=OunUnpKLEGQ

>Release Dates:
Episode 1 − ''Awake'' 31 August 2017 (Out Now)
Episode 2 − ''Brave New World'' (TBA)
Episode 3 − ''Hell Is Empty'' (TBA)
Bonus Episode: Farewell − (TBA)

Life is Strange: Before the Storm features Chloe Price, a 16 year-old rebel who forms an unlikely friendship with Rachel Amber, a beautiful and popular girl destined for success. When Rachel’s world is turned upside down by a family secret, it takes their newfound alliance to give each other the strength to overcome their demons. Available on Steam, PSN and Xbox Live.

Life is Strange is an episodic interactive drama from DONTNOD Entertainment. Set in the Pacific Northwest in the town of Arcadia Bay, the player follows the story of Maxine Caulfield and her seemingly newfound ability to turn hella gay and rewind time. At the prestigious Blackwell Academy, Max must prepare with Chloe Price for the incoming storm of returning to her hometown after five years. Available on Steam, PSN and Xbox Live.

>Official Website:
lifeisstrange.com

>Steam:
store.steampowered.com/app/554620
store.steampowered.com/app/319630
steamcommunity.com/groups/4chanlisg

>/lisg/ Permalink:
orph.link/lisg

>FAQs, Old Threads/Strawpolls, Soundtrack/Music & Leaks:
orph.link/lisgarchive (UPDATED)

>/lisg/ Community Written Fan Fiction (Continuation WHEN):
orph.link/story

>Compilation of Fanfics:
orph.link/fanfic

>/lisg/ Content Producers:
imgur.com/a/DOAKn

>/lisg/ sings:
youtube.com/watch?v=pQJgF3NToUg
youtube.com/watch?v=WjPsOkijFh0

>Strawpolls:
strawpoll.me/13846338
strawpoll.me/13846359
strawpoll.me/13834594

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rhvZxmgLfNA
youtube.com/watch?v=-5ijtz6Du_s
instaud.io/kVV
instaud.io/kWb
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

BAE > bay

BFFs, Pirates, Wonder Twins, Partners in Time & Crime & Love, Fellow Dorks, GFs, Wives.
OTP.
youtube.com/watch?v=rhvZxmgLfNA

kate a shit

Reminder that Max isn't some horrible person for screwing up her relationship with Chloe after she moved away.
>Anxiety's a vicious cycle. You don't reply today because you can't find the proper words. Then the next day become next week and then a month. Without realizing it a year passed. The problem is that the longer you wait, the tougher it is to do it (Max alludes to this). In a way, it's like you are drowning. The longer you wait, the more you sink and the harder it becomes to reach the surface. Each day that you don't reply, you feel not only ashamed but also worthless until it reaches a point where you believe that the other party would be better off without you and you don't deserve them. I feel really bad for Chloe but I can't help but empathize with Max as I know where she's coming from. Anxiety is a fucking bitch.
Reminder that Max was the only one who cared about Kate enough to see what she was going through and try to help.
Reminder that Max let go of her hatred for Nathan once she understood what Jefferson put him through.
Reminder that even if you don't make Max warn Victoria about the dark room, Max expresses concern for Victoria, even though Kate's suicide is largely Victoria's fault.
Reminder of how thoughtful and kind Max is toward quadriplegic Chloe in episode 4.

Reminder that Max is a better and more empathetic person than almost anyone in the series, and that Pricefield remains endgame, now and forever.

I found the perfect song for Chloe, especially BtS Chloe.

youtube.com/watch?v=-5ijtz6Du_s

so is the rest of the prequel just going to be daddy issues the game?

He didn't take Max's rejection well...

Reminder that all Rachel did throughout episode 1 was manipulate and encourage Chloe's worst tendencies, and that later, she's going to try to leave Arcadia Bay without Chloe, betray her trust, fuck Frank, and get murdered.

Also reminder that pic related will retroactively be an ironic reference to Chloe and Rachel rather than Joyce and David

Chloe + Max = OTP

>same posts to start every thread

Do you guys even sleep?

No it's going to be "Amberprice: The Game".

Deck Nine is going to actually show the lesbian relationship instead of running away from it like Dontnod.

That webm, the few of the fan made bae endings that all of the adorable (non-canon) Pricefield gifs are some of the best, if not the best, stuff this fandom has ever produced.

It's amazing how high of quality it is.

Max is #1

Too bad (not really) it ends with Rachel getting murdered.

I don't buy the idea that Dontnod ran away from it. It was more subtle, which I really didn't have a problem with. For two people who had just reconnected after five years of total silence, I thought Max and Chloe's relationship progressed at a very natural, reasonable pace.

How did chloe's mom get a beta provider when shes so ugly?

Before Episode 5's release:
>Lol Mari's theories're shitty.It's way more than shitty to become true
>Chloe has to die thing doesn't make sense.Don't worry they will come with unpredictable story
>We're gonna learn everything about Max's powers,Rachel and Prescotts even Nathan,spirit animals..
>Jefferson knows about Max's powers
>Nathan,Frank,David or Samuel's gonna save us
>Victoria's with Max,she'll save her
>(After seeing Cemetery scene from leaks) I'm sure it'll be Williams,Rachel's or Kate's grave.
>Rachel's the doe and Butterfly and probably we'll see her in Max's dream
>Blue Jay's Chloe

After Episode 5's release:
>Mari's shitty cliche theory became right
>We visited the SF art gallery for 3 seconds. FOR 3 DAMN SECONDS
>Jefferson became a silly bad guy from Disney
>David came to save us.He's a former-soldier but he can't even fight,just listens teenager's orders. Even he doesn't know she has some time travel powers.
>Victoria's with us in the dark room.Laying there and we can talk her or not.Just it.
>Nathan get killed,Victoria too
>Nathan knew something about the storm but they cut it.
>Warren explained Max's powers(!)(thanks warryn) We found out her power causes/related with Chaos Theory and storm.It's not like we didn't know or something.
>Storm is only coming for Bay because Chloe lives in there but Max's the one who keep changes the time
>Prescotts story erased.Nobody even mention their name.
>Rachel's story fucked too.She isn't or butterfly,bluejay just spiritualdoe
>Spirit animals thing died.Blue Butterfly's storm summoner just it.
>Chloe dies again in one of endings (unpredictable) It gives you a lesson: You shouldn't have used your power.And you shouldn't play this game.Now erase your choices and cry like a bitch.
>The other ending's short but it's less cliché than other.We saved Chloe,storm's hit the town and gone.That's it
>So, once again we got the fact that our ending always will be BAE>Bay

Pussy game strong af

It's a bot.

/lisg/ before Before the Storm's release:
>good

/lisg after Before the Storm's release:
>terrible

>Too bad (not really) it ends with Rachel getting murdered.

But Rachel gets murdered 6 months before Max moves back to Arcadia? So like 2.5 years from BTS episode 1?

Literally God Bless Deck Nine
I wish SE would just give the entire IP to them

hey guys it's me from /v/ again and I just wanted to remind you that amberprice is endgame and there's nothing you can do about it!!!

>It was more subtle
That's the thing though, I don't have a problem with subtle but I don't think Pricecfield in the original game was too subtle I think it was intentionally hidden.

I mean we literally have dev confirmation that there is romance between Max and Chloe in and dev confirmation that 2 out of 3 endings are romantic Pricefield endings and yet the lesbian romance in the original game was blink and you'll miss it with no guaranteed confirmation in game until the very end, after the terrible binary choice,

It sucks because Pricefield is one of my favorite ships of all time in anything, while I like Amberprice it definitely fades to Pricefield for me. And yet Deck Nine has gone out of their way to make Amberprice explicit in BtS with literal romance choice and Rachel confirming the relationship at the end, and that's just in episode 1, while Pricefield remained hidden throughout the original game.

Don't speak to the resident sperg.

My point is really just that Rachel and Chloe's story itself ends with

There's no such thing as a bot here.

this!! rachel and chloe are MEANT for each other! i'm sure it's all going to turn out fine and rachel isn't going to betray chloe or anything

Those curves tho!

>talking shit about the only real woman in Arcadia Bay

god bless the MILF

What is sleep?

As Max and Chloe are leaving the ruins of Arcadia Bay behind, there's one more tragic story unfolding
>Alice and Lisa stuck in Max's room, Alice hasn't eaten anything in days, the dorms are destroyed and no one comes looking for them
>"No one's gonna come save us, this is the end, we'll starve to death..."
>Alice...you can survive this and go back to your owner. All you have to do is... all you have to do is eat me."
>"What? No, fuck that. Lisa, you're my number one priority, I'm not eating you!"
>"Alice, think about it... how many times this week did you try to nibble my leafs? I'm a plant, Alice, you're a bunny, maybe it's time I accept my destiny... OUR destiny."
>"Lisa, I can't make this choice!"
>"No Alice, you're the only one who can"

>eat Lisa
instaud.io/kVV

>eat your own foot
instaud.io/kWb

I'm not sure it is though.

David got Joyce with his big "toolbox" not the other way around.

But I thought David was tiny tool... box.

How do I make friends?

How did chloe go from barely knowing rachel to lesbo lovers in like 5 hours?

The fact that we need dev confirmation to be sure and the fact that a lot of people missed Pricefield is the proof of how hidden romance is in season 1.

With the power of forced writing.

Did you two sleep through 80% of episode 1 or something?

Actually scratch that, 99% of the episode.

1. go to a degenerate shithole where some shitty band is playing
2. start a fight
3. get saved by the school stacey
4. skip school and go on lesbian adventures with your new bff and lover

They crushed at the firewalk gig and fell in love later. They're both 16, that's how it works at that age.

I mean, it's explicitly written into the game. It's not like it's *actually* ambiguous or anything. The only reason that it was confirmed by devs was because some people are morons.

By being sexually confused, horny teenager with abandonment issues to top it off.

You have to

1. be attractive
and
2. leave your room

to accomplish that, though.

Most of players don't actually pay attention to stuff, their love is subtle but it's still there.

They couldn't have actually talked at the Firewalk concert or else Chloe wouldn't have been like "Was that Rachel Amber?" the next morning, so their time spent together at the concert hardly counts.

>be attractive

but how did our protagonist manage it then?

It's anything but explicit. If it was we wouldn't need literal dev confirmation from outside of the game to be 100% sure.

BtS has "explicit" lesbian romance and, as you might notice, there everyone is well aware that there is romance between Rachel and Chloe. Tons of people are unaware that Pricefield happened, including most youtubers that played it.

Why would they need to talk?

It wasn't hidden. It really was just subtle and built off the expectation that you believe Max and Chloe already know each other very well. That's why there's little building the idea that they get along together or explaining their backstory, you're just put in with Max as their friendship resumes after five years on pause.
Read Max's diary and listen to how Chloe speaks to her. It's clear.

Just remember that Amberprice was a flash in the pan compared to Pricefield. That's why it's so bright and flashy, but very short lived. They have to show how they met and sell you on that they would get along.
Rachel was something entirely new to Chloe. The first person Chloe was real friends with since Max, the first person she realized she wanted to be in a real relationship with, and the first girl she actually developed feelings for and knew what those feelings were.

Not that we will see all of that since it's only supposedly three days covered in the prequel. Way too little time to show an actual love develop, at most we'll get a kiss and then be left with Chloe hinting she wants more.

When I say "explicit", what I really mean is "the opposite of implicit", not "obvious". There are all of Chloe's looks, her sly comments, the kiss, and Max's journal entries which *explicitly* confirm her attraction to Chloe.

wow, no need to be so rude

Is Rachel really Stacey? Victoria seems more in that vein, though even she is dubious because she's not totally basic

>sorry v-cards already been slashed

what did chloe mean by this? and who was it?

Have you never been drunk? They clearly had hell of a time, both from Rachel's reaction but aslo from the selfie Rachel posted, but were both too drunk to recall all of it the next morning.

And their relationship has been developing really organically so far. They met at the concert, sparked each others interest and partied like crazy, met again the next day at school, connected, ditched school and spent all day together.

Afterwards they both felt some new feelings for each other and confessed them to each other opening up to each other and heading to unknown waters.

Neither of them said "you are literally the love of my life" but they both acknowledged that they feel something stronger than just friendship and are willing to pursue it. That's all and it's completely believable.

Oh, and the very more-than-platonic makeout during the bay ending.

Lmao, it's hilarious how people don't understand this
Yes if you've spent the last couple of years overanalyzing every word of the game and living in your headcanons you might have convinced yourself how their "romance" is "obvious".
But it's really not in real world.
Theres literally people who went through the game not even entertaining the possibility there might have been something going on between them at all.

William.

The fact there's people saying Rachel and Chloe were lovers on day 1, but Max and Chloe didn't have a romance or it wasn't obvious, astounds me.

Who cares what YouTubers think? A good portion of them idiots that were trying to say Max and Warren were something.
The single biggest thing people took away from season 1 is Pricefield. Enough people got the (totally obvious) hints.

If we take her as being truthful, probably Elliot. Seems more like she was trying to talk a big game to me though. Fits with her spaghetting around Rachel.

Eliot. Or Elliot. I can't remember if it has two L's or not.

Don't talk shit about Chloe.

>Miss a huge chunk of the game because you're looking for something "OUT LOUD AND PROUD"
>Still accusing others of headcanon
What the Hell is wrong with you? Not everyone was as daft and oblivious as you are, don't blame us for your looking for a kind of sign that wasn't there. Of course there wasn't going to be making out and groping, that's not who Max is.

Frankly, you don't need to analyze every word in the game. If you watch Chloe's behavior around Max (e.g. her expression while Max takes her clothes off by the pool), you can tell she's attracted to Max. If you read Max's journal, you can read specific passages that point out that she's attracted to Chloe. No need to "overanalyze", no need to read into things.

That's what happens when you're 16.

>this qt3.14
>not attractive

>she looks away for a second
>LOOK AT THIS PROOF SHES IN LOVE GUYS
Lel.

You're going to be sorry someday ;__;

But Chloe is cute af.

What? That's literally what I'm saying, even though we have dev confirmation of romance and romance is 2/3rds of the endings it's so subtle most people missed it.

But you're not using the word right, I am. The romance in LiS is implicit because you need out of game knowledge to confirm it, that's like the definition of implicit.

If the romance was explicit you'd only need to point to something actually IN THE GAME ITSELF and you'd be able to tell.

>It's clear.
But it's anything but? For most people that played the game they're just really good friends and you can take anything you think is confirmation of romance to just be friendship or, at most, bi curiosity.

To really get 100% guarantee of romance you need to look at dev confirmation, which is an out of game, outside of the medium itself, explanation/confirmation, and that's what makes it hidden.

Again, I have no problem with subtle but there is a difference between subtle and hidden and romance in LiS is hidden not subtle. That became especially obvious compared to the explicit romance in Before the Storm.

>What? That's literally what I'm saying
Yes, I was agreeing with you.

But I'm not saying that? I'm saying that, despite the fact that Max and Chloe had romance it was so hidden and overly subtle that you couldn't get anything more than a headcanon unless you look at dev responses, which you shouldn't have to do.

>you don't need to analyze every word in the game
>you just need to analyze every single, tiniest action of the character

You realize you're defeating your own point, right?

BtS is good.

If you're having that much trouble with understanding facial expressions, you should look into the symptoms of autism. You might have it.

>The looks they give each other in the pool (Non-optional)
>The dare to kiss and references to it later on (Non-optional)
>Chloe's words about nobody being good enough for Max except her
>Max writing how she wishes could kiss Chloe again/wished she kissed her (Non-optional)
>The flirting in two different realities (Non-optional)
>Max questioning if it's friendship or love
Yup, totally just friends. You have to really be stretching things to make out some kind of love out of that.

I'm not saying there's no romance in the game, I was one of the people that saw Pricefield and fell in love with it.

But I'm saying I would have liked more explicit romance instead of three layers deep hidden subtle hints.

Or maybe you might have a severe case of shippingfaggotry.

>because you need out of game knowledge to confirm it
...But you don't. Again, Chloe's actions and Max's words in her journal confirm their mutual attraction. It's all internal to the game.

Oh wow, I'm sorry. I didn't know that learning about what a character is thinking based on what they're doing and what expressions they're making would be too hard for you. I didn't mean to offend.

>using youtubers as example
You're not exactly making a good argument here buddy

I'M GAY

Why doesnt chloe know how to torrent movies?

It's not a headcanon, it's regular canon.
Nobody else is having a problem identifying that and they didn't have a problem during the game release. There were some complaints there wasn't more romance shown in the end, but people still knew there was a romance there.
I wouldn't have minded some more directly romantic lines or another kiss but by the end it was clear enough where things were heading with them.

Probably fell for the "ISP gives a shit" meme.

Or maybe they don't have internet since they're kind of poor.

I said gayer things to my friends who i never had any intention of fucking than whatever Chloe and Max said to each other in the whole game.

No Chloe has internet, that's how she checks Ask Miss Arcadia and Ask Miss Arcadia is how she found the Firewalk concert.

lmao

it was 2010 I still remember when people bought burned DVDs back then

Hell Blockbuster was still around in my city back then

Then you must have been pretty gay.

If you're really going to be this stubborn, read the last page of Max's journal.

>It's not a headcanon, it's regular canon.
Yes it is. But if there was no dev confirmation and if instead they just said "it's up to you", could you guarantee beyond the shadow of a doubt that it's canon?

You know the answer is "no".

>Max wearing Chloe's shell casing necklace

Why does a cute couple sharing clothing items melt my heart so badly?

I like how they're dressed, this is like if they went to live in Seattle for college for few years as girlfriends and then finally came back to Arcadia Bay because Max forced Chloe to come out to her mom since Max hates lying.