/mbg/ - Mount & Blade General

Taleworlds edition.

(Looted) thread: READ THE PASTEBIN BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS.

LATEST BANNERLORD INFO/VIDEOS:

Captain MP mode gamplay :
youtube.com/watch?v=c_3el4IAevg
youtube.com/watch?v=JaUBg7Ynmwk
youtube.com/watch?v=K92g8mtqXBE

Last blog:
taleworlds.com/en/Games/Bannerlord/Blog/23

OLDER BANNERLORD INFO/VIDEOS: See Pastebin/the sub-forum

PASTEBIN: pastebin.com/ZesXLTP3

M&B Wiki: mountandblade.wikia.com/wiki/Mount_and_Blade_Wiki

NOOB GUIDE: imgur.com/a/FMAqV

>user's mods and upstab guide:
pastebin.com/agwZu9Df

>/mbg/ Steamgroup
steamcommunity.com/groups/mountandbladevg

New Modules :
>Custom Troop Trees
moddb.com/mods/custom-troop-trees/downloads/custom-troop-trees-03092017
>CTT for Dickplomacy+Polygamy Bugfix
mega.nz/#!dgQSlKhY!qudd7noj5rQHfagLq-adDzn1c7X3HHawmA3TbCy0CH0

>"I made a mod recently or updated it. Wat do?"
Link to the OP in your post so that it might be easier to find for the one making the next OP (also for regular people).

Other urls found in this thread:

forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?topic=137970.0
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

1257 map is shit

Geko is shit

t. sandnigger

death to saxons

You're shit.

t. chink

4rd for reread the lore
5nd for all of it

This is Rhodok soil

It's like, 20k, and then another 20k for all my troops combined. It's a fair amount of dosh but it gets covered by just a couple of dyeworks and then the rest is pure profit.

Also that image is a little misleading; I'd just taken Shariz and it had some rents and shit backed up for whatever reason.

t.charlemagne

the fuck you just say about me you little bitch
you take it back
this guy was actually an angle so he'd probably agree

To the guy who makes 90k a week and has 1.8m
How the fuck do you not get fucked by tax inefficiency?

Any tips for getting shitloads of renown fast in PoP? I'm doing the quest for my order to get as much renown as possible with knight troops, but I'm only encountering small parties of bandit bitches. Tournament renown doesn't count for the quest either

>play Nova Aetas
>make my own kingdom
>Enjoy life researching tech and upgrading city buildings
>then one day everything changed
>Get 2 messages in one week about Swadia leveling up their research
>then another 2 next week
>Swadia is now in the Renaissance
>panic and throw all of my money into research
>start massively expanding to get more money for research
>Swadia is using its new tech to take over
>I own the islands of NOT BYZANTINE EMPIRE and the Sarranids desert
>Swadia owns Rhodok soil, and the entire center of the map, plus some horsefucker land
Shame that Warband handles large wars so shittily

that quest is retarded

defending a siege against shitload of forces would be ideal, but kinda tricky to do at wish
a general tip would be
>pick an order with easy to find bounty targets (like Jatu or Mystmountains) so you can grind those with ease
but it's a bit late for that now I'm afraid
the one you're doing right now is a crapshot sadly. Following some marshall as a merc maybe?

empty, flat and rip-off from actual map of this area :^)

if anyone see any obvious fuck up that I did to my economy, please share (picrelated)

shut the fuck up slav, don't encourage the sandnigger

>oil press
>ironworks

I'm posting Cao Cao in honour of the poster who was posting in honour of the original Cao Cao poster until we get a good Romance of the three kingdoms mod.

Have you tried Warwolf_______

Have you heard about that dynasty warriors mod?

something something and not that shitty zombie mod

But dyeworks at these cities were supposed to give the same profit, for half the price.

*twice, not half

last question
I've saved enough gold for level 2 walls. Wat do?

It depends on what mod I'm playing honestly, I like to get immersed. In some mods it depends on what faction
For instance
>Rome at War
>Greek faction, big shield, short spear and sword
>Macedonia, long pike, no shield, one handed weapon
>Rome, Pilvm, scvtvm and gladivs OR spatha and horse, no shield
>Gaul, long sword and small shield, mounted
It really let's me vary tactics and playstyle, keeps the game fresh. It's pretty easy to see how Rome became such a military power though, the Javelin, big shield and small thrusting sword coupled with aggressive infantry and skirms auxiliary is really fantastic, especially in sieges. I've been routinely bashing armies larger than mine, as long as you keep the flanks guarded that Roman formation is a fucking meat grinder.
>roaming around with my bro Cyprianus Agrippa
>both have about 110 troops, traveling at night
>suddenly two enemy parties
>outnumbered 2 to 1
>bunch up my infantry, Agrippa does the same
>enemy charges recklessly, engages Agrippas infantry head on
>smash into their flank, fall back and reform
>Agrippa falls back too to reengage
>45 minutes of frantic maneuver and positioning, keeping my skirms on the move, use my infantry as a shield and a hammer as Agrippa takes the brunt like a fucking champ
>battle ends, both have about 50% casualties, enemy is annihilated
>"Haha! We showed them a thing or too didn't we Patricivs?"
>both of us go chill in Roma to pound booze and get all the hoes wet with our war stories
>Agrippa and Patricivs, bros4lyfe
>
Shit was cash, yo.

It all depends on the mod.
In native I usually play sword&board with crossbow. Wanted to try something new so I started a sarranid mounted horseman character.
In Gekokujo I usually play nodachi or naginata with arquebus. With a side weapon for tight melee
In Floris I once did a Roman legionary build with pavise shield, sword, throwing Spears and a dagger. With only a mail shirt and a bascinet

So if PoP is a post-apoc LOTR mod, can I meet Tom Bombadil?

Is there anywhere I can see the map of Rome at War?

Hang on, I'll take some screen shots, it's not very large landwise, I'd say probably a little bigger than Native

Try to play Pop.
Its just reskin of vanilia with even the same quests.
Then pic related.

Ambitious ladies do not want to join your retinue.
In Di(ck)plomacy.

Heh, it could have been worse.
Someone post the forum screencap, you know the one

only adventureus do

You can make adventureus ones a vassals too.

How the fuck do you make the horse archers skirmish in 1257 without PBOD?

Adventurous best ladies.
You can take them into ranks and train as best companions(from level one - no deserting or complaining).
You can give them fiefs but sadly giving them fiefs give penalty to all lords(even your other wives) whch make sense. But usualkly they have around 40 relationship with you and they get like +40 when you give them fief so its no problem.
Dunno about their personalities.
Also wonder if any onther ladies can be recruited into company.

troopers should skirmish by themselfs, just with "charge" command. Unfortunatelly I couldn't make npcs do the same, even when I added them to HA group. Afaik I have no PBOD in my 1257 (how do I check this btw?)

The most obvious way would be to have the planning option before a battle (although I think you need some points in tactics)

There is a scrip you can try to add by yourself made by the PBOD guy that makes F7 the skirmish command, but I can't post the link right now. I'll post it later if you still haven't found it.

>The most obvious way would be to have the planning option before a battle (although I think you need some points in tactics)
I have no PBOD then

Alright, here you go
forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?topic=137970.0

>Sword + Shield + Ranged
The most plebeian of loadouts. The shield benefits the bow not and the player through running sideways or choosing a non-stupid location should not be in danger of being shot at. Specifying "sword" specifically and not "One hander" cements this.

Double quiver or don't bother.

fuck. guess I'll just have to live with being kicked out of the order/losing honor then

Thanks you, lad.

What is the best loadout and why is it pistol + one handed sword
No shield
No horse

So are there any benefits to the other lady personality types? Seems pretty dumb otherwise. Its not difficult to see why ambitious, dream, and even traditional spouses (daughter of martial lord) would tag along. Or is the implication that women only do things because they want to and not due to duty or companionship?

Here's the playable map, it's fairly small but the factions are very well fleshed out and the equipment and arms are very accurate. The map itself has most of Europe and some of North Africa, as the original creators intended to make it a very big map with a ton of factions, but it got abandoned, which is disappointing.

If someone would pick up the development, and keep the autistic level of attention to detail that the original creator did, it'd be fucking GOAT. As it is though, it's a lot of fun, and the factions play different enough from each other to be noticeably diverse.

Don't you mean pistol + poleaxe?

Pistol + Shield are compatible though much as throwing weapons + shield work well.

>but it got abandoned
no it didn't, they regularly post on the forums

>Moral personality Amazonian waifu
God bless this mod for not setting this arbitrary limit on my waifu and I

Any opinions on the Gekokujo Daimyo Edition thing?

>Not going RIfle + Polearm/Two-Hander
We need properly implemented armor already and a dev whom relishes in the loud whining from the inevitable backlash

Has Warband AI ever been able to deal with sea travel in regards to pathfinding?
I remember in VC the dans barely crossed over to raid and shit

High standard are pain in the ass to marry (usual relation bonuses are half the usual points), high moral ones won't run with you to be married in secrecy, against family will, neverever. These are only changes about characters that I spot. None of them is a bonus too.

maybe cuckoldry needs to be a thing after all

I want to cuck lords in Bannerlord

you can cuck enemy lords in dickplo
proper cuckoldry

It's just blue colored land honestly, the AI doesn't treat it as sea like they do in VC. They don't seem to shit their pants as often.
It's great, it has a ton of visual improvements, and changes the color of the Overmap to make it actually legible. It's my preferred version.

Legitimately the only time I've ever wanted Cuckoldry in Warband and her age invalidates literal cuckoldry

>proper cuckoldry
dickplomacy implements children?

I mean it make sense that ambitious wife won't leave fiefs behind, when traditional would like to keep house and moral do not want kill people.
The same goes for roamntic one.
Problem is that they do not offer any other bonuses.
I actually would take traditional and make her a INT support that tend to wounded, cook food and warm bed.
Ambitious could have some extra political/intrugue options when she stay at castle.
Romantic could offer some bonus quests for more honor and renown.
Moral the same.
Thing is adventruos ahve all advantages - copanions, fief keepers and other offer nothing.
Romantic are easier to elope I think.

I didnt even think about the children shit with Bannerlord,for roleplaying this would be pretty interesting (i know Crusader Kings has some kind of cuck/seduction mechanic going on)

Imagine if you sire bastards left and right and some of them come back with vengance.

oh, I guess I didn't know what proper cuckoldry really is then

Companion status is the best path towards future lordship and the wife type most likely to want to manage land would be the ambitious personality type.

Romantic wives are the ones whom are least likely to adhere to social norms - Consider that they are the most eager to elope. There is no basis for them not becoming a companion. For all we know the lady read some trashy romance novel and wants to live her fantasy as a companion.

Moral wives can be rationalized as duty to her husband if he truly requests it. There is nothing stopping the player from creating another INT Mule out of her if they truly wanted to. It is also not uncommon for daughters of martial houses to pick up some of the family trade. If nothing else than to carry on the family's traditions and protect the household.

Even if different personality types are less prone towards companionship it should be locked behind higher prerequisite relationship values rather than completely disabled for all but adventurous wives.

Really in theory land I would have adventurous wives refuse ministery without an equal kind of relationship requisite if that was how we were treating this.

Well, they could start with different levels and skills.
So traditional one could start with healing suppport skills when ambitious have skills in comanding etc(so they make better lords).

The problem is polygamy.
One wife is ok with differnt option but right now I have like 7 and well collecting them was nice quest but right now adventruous ones are really OP thanks to this.

I think that should really be an unspoken standard for all RPGs. Stat spreads are not just a meta-tool for expressing lord and unit competence but a means of expressing a character. Why doesn't Warband have low leadership + high path-finding Lords for example? Maybe align that with the "cunning" personality trait. Minister lords whom are notably less competent on the field? Or even champions of a faction with fully elite armies that may be a challenge to even end-game players?

Its another thing I hope Bannerlord will consider. I suspect one of the reasons that Warband can seem so bland is that it can be difficult to see the lords as anything but troop stacks.

Still nothing like the one from Floris. You know the one.

Considering lords might be killable and will be able to recruit Several companions themselves that might be entirely possible, even if it's not in vanilla.

>collecting taxes
>idiots don't understand that they're paying for protection
>go to beat them down with sticks
>tell me team to stay behind I'll handle this my own way
>knock the first guy out
>take his knife
>stab the rest of them to death

That should teach them a lesson.

>inb4 Kingdom-wide peasant revolt against your cruelty.

kek

please bear my children Sailor Uranus

i wanna fuck her tits

same impresion here, what does he play "Godfather" the mod?

So if I want to add music to some mod I just increase the count in music.txt by one and the whole filename in with some numbers at end right?

>with some numbers
there is significance to those numbers you fool

Oh, really? I had no clue, I thought that they weren't updating it anymore.

Slauthering peasant is fun.

This. No idea if what the guy you are replying to is smoking,
>every single woman deep inside wish to be a fucking medieval soldier.
what the hell is this cringe inducing idiocy.

No idea of*

this seems like it would be overpowered

I thought she was a lesbian with Neptune

Why didn't germany just equip everybody with panzerfausts and panzershreks

>no rocket line infantry warfare

btw. Red Wars w/o mounts from picrelated won't be truly Red

Ok.
So how hard would be to possible to add for ambitious wife to keep hols of fief even without taking her into copmany as retinue?
Also quests for romantic and moral(like help villagers from bandits, destroy bandit lair etc).
And additional intrugeus for ambitious wife.
Traditional could offer better realtion boost on feasts - maybe some quests for accuiring some goods that add renown and random rep from some of vassals(or her family memebers).

>said no one ever
Having a single wife personality type being utterly superior to others is just bad design. Considering your clear political agenda I would assume you would take offense at the implication of manly women being clearly superior to be an issue.

I also find it ironic that you are also taking the same stance that feminists fundamentally take. Every woman "wishes" to be a soldier? What does every man also wish to be a soldier? What happened to duty and why are women exempt from it?

Sexual preference never stopped ancient peoples from continuing their family lines. The idea that sexual preference should define a person's identity is a meme that needs to die.

Are you sure that you read him right?

Yes. Did he read my post right? He completely fabricated a statement on my part.