/wotg/ - World of Tanks General

Previous thread FAQ:
>Where do I look up tanks?
tanks.gg/wot/
>How do I find people to platoon with?
Ask in the Veeky Forums channel

>Want to do clan stuff?
EU: NOPAN -eu.wargaming.net/clans/wot/500136066/(apply through the website and write something nice)

NA: AWOO -na.wargaming.net/clans/wot/1000043295/

PS4: PLEBS -
console.worldoftanks.com/en/clans/ps4/PLEBS/

Blitz: BENIS

>Archived threads
boards.fireden.net/vg/search/subject/wotg/

Other urls found in this thread:

tanks.gg/tank/edelweiss
forum.worldoftanks.asia/index.php?/topic/75749-is-wot-dyingreason-for-player-to-leave-the-game/page__st__80__pid__1669680#entry1669680
files.catbox.moe/3ogk4n.mp4
worldoftanks.asia/en/news/game-events/ps-collectors-gem-tog-ii/
youtubemultiplier.com/59b6685cc7648-acceleration-between-ravioli-and-slavtonkgreedy.php
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

1st for anime

What was the best tank that Wargaming gave away as gift??

Scouting with a chuch.

M48 is now more aesthetic than Centurion AX

Just be an annoying fucker and use your mobility to channel your inner mosquito.
Also thank god you don't have to mess with Jumbo in current matchmaker

Aesthetic posters need to fuck off and die.

T-45

Why would the fire extinguisher be on the outside of the tank.

LTP is fun

why would the crew's helmets be on the outside of the tank

Did crews wear infantry helmets inside the tank?

Can someone give a rundown on using the easy eight besides learning ridgelines?

idk but you'd think they'd want to be able to put them on before leaving instead of exposing themselves to fire just to get them

>besides using ridgelines
you're in the wrong tank, what makes it good is its absurd gun depression and thicc mantlet that let it poke and shoot without taking damage, it's like asking how to use a swedish TD without bushes

tanks.gg/tank/edelweiss

The anime tanks will be on sale again for Tokyo Game Show, what equipment should I mount on Edelweiss?
I'm thinking vents, rammer and optics so I can scout when the light tanks are disappointing.

ah okay, I'll start adapting thanks

There's not much room in a tank though, I think even on modern MBT's and even lighter vehicles they put packs on the outside right?

IS-3A or Tiger I Hammer.

>Hammer

I'm pretty sure they had helmets inside the tank, mostly for using them as toilets

>Tiger I Hammer.
i.e. The tank with the worst paintjob in WoT.

really makes me think

*knocks out your track*

Yea the paintjob is hideous but I bet that thing shits credits. I started playing WoT console in December so I missed it and had to settle for the Tiger 131.

On a completely unrelated note does anybody remember that Comicbook mode they did back in like January? I thought that was really cool and hoped they do again.

>On a completely unrelated note does anybody remember that Comicbook mode they did back in like January?
Yeah, they had to end it early because too many babbies complained that it hurt their eyes.

What a bunch of fags. Everytime WG does something cool like that the autists get their knickers in a twist.

forum.worldoftanks.asia/index.php?/topic/75749-is-wot-dyingreason-for-player-to-leave-the-game/page__st__80__pid__1669680#entry1669680

>The stg will be more balanced than the defender, but that still doesn't mean it is balanced vs the majority of tanks around it. And even then it's mostly due to DPM which is ~10% below most of its tier. Given its alpha, accuracy and pen, that won't be a massive deal - unless you are just driving into a DPM fight. And therein lies one of the key elements to the tank - while the defender could be driven by a moron and still been better than a normal tank, the STG will at least require a little bit of game awareness to be OP.

>besides, DPM doesn't matter when you have 390 alpha.

STG is OP.

The GuP theme on PS4 is pretty nice.

Any news on that GuP game?

>I'd rather get "LUCKY" with a One or Two shot kill than have to get "LUCKY" with a Five or Six shot kill.
>ROF only works if you can remain UNSEEN and PEN every shot.
>Even then when conceled in the perfect position, RNGesus, Turkey Slaps you, Just for the fun of it, on that Crusial last shot.

They do have a point, alpha is more important than dpm because getting one high alpha shot in is better than getting one low alpha in and having another shot bounce.

I haven't really kept up with it but it doesn't look that good.

WG balancing technique: add more plates.
It does work, if they had kept the same armor layout and made the thickest plate 210mm, the STG would be a really thick bitch.

At least is not the magic Chrysler turret.

Name one good radioman perk that isn't Situational Awareness. I dare you.

Well, if you think of a team, call for vengeance.

Where is the World of Warships general? Did it died?

Are the StuGs are good? I'm already at the Ferdi via the Tiger (Penis) so I don't really need to go up the line but if they are fun little tier 4 and 5 tanks I'll give em a go

firefighting

Everything Hetzer onwards is good, I'd recommend going through the line to get the Jagdpanther II as it is infinitely better than the Ferdinand

Probably. Which is suprising, i though /wotg/ would have died first

Okay thanks I'll give them a try when I finish the Marders. I already have the Ferdi in my garage so I'll just suffer through it.

So close, yet so far.

Im the same with light tanks, reached to the last mission without having a high tier one.
The closest was with the 13-90, just 50hp away.
and i think it cheated me with tracking asisted damage a few times.

Nice tanks.

dear good players,

quit playing the 50b. i want my ace

thanks

git gud

jokes on you. i already have one

Fuck German Paper TDs

files.catbox.moe/3ogk4n.mp4

>roll 850 in the premium paper TD
>roll 1100 on the non premium paper TD
Really makes the tracks spin.

>tfw finally yellow

If WoT makes you so mad why not pick up another hobby?

redpill me on chinese TDs

Yes, now it's our turn to spam wotg with requests to merge the threads.

wz-111

it's not the game. its the players.

Because fuck you that's why

>Just because both can snipe does not make them equivalent though. For example the STG has the option of going town and brawling/sidescraping/hull down in a tier 8/9 battle whereas that would not be possible in a Rav. This is actually a big deal for overall win rate because this is a tank that does not have to always play support or at least be close support, unlike the Rav and that can win you matches.

Is STG stronger than Ravioli?

>mfw unlocking the T 55 after failing Ht-15's secondary condition 9 times

At last.

Is the Type 4 heavy worth keeping once you have unlocked the Type 5? I'm trying to decide between putting Carisa Contzen in the STA-1 or Type 4

put her in the chi-nu

I think I'm getting shittier at the game

I free xp'd past that. I hated everything in the Jap medium line until the STA

but that's when the line starts to suck, 5-6-7 mediums are the best japanese tanks in the game tier for tier

Chi-Nu and Chi-To are amazing tanks.

>5-6-7 mediums are the best japanese tanks in the game tier for tier

The unnerfed O-I exp disagrees with you.

you mean the tank that no longer exists?

worldoftanks.asia/en/news/game-events/ps-collectors-gem-tog-ii/

Asia server is selling TOG II*, should I?

Come to console famalam where nothing ever gets nerfed and no gun is ever taken from a tank.

Free XP your way to the second tracks, user. Seriously. I just tried grinding it normally, that was goddamn PAINFUL.

It's gonna be funny when swedecuck TDs get released on console and WG has to find a way to make them compete with Waffles.

>This template ensures enjoyable gameplay for all players regardless of their position on the team list. Each player can be useful and affect the battle outcome. Even if a Tier VIII vehicle fights against Tier X opponents, it can always find a suitable opponent to shoot or spot. In situations like these, you don’t need to guess where to find suitable opponents.

What's that about?

How broken the mm is for the tier they are asking $60 for tanks

I love E75

I was planning to freexp the tracks and the second gun, but I don't even have a crew for this thing. Experience well spent, I guess.

>tfw WGing forgets how its medals work

But dude, think of all these noobs who paid/botted their way to tier X and want to shamelessly smash everybody in their objectively better tanks. Why shouldn't they be able to constantly shit on you? They "worked" so hard to be able to do this!

NTR

>grand battles will make tier VIII playable again, we of swear))))))))))

>situation is the same from tier 5,6 and 7
>the only complaints came from tier 8 because muh prems
Dont want to get fucked?
Play tier 10.

I'd say that V and VII are less fucked than VI and VIII, but we still either need to go back or reduce tier spread (neither will happen)

>hey guys we fix MM
>still no +1/-1 MM

I think tier 8 gets hit the hardest by +2 MM because the power discrepancy between tier 8 and 9 is massive. Take mediums for example nearly every single tier 8 hits half as hard as tier 9 mediums and then there are lots of guns that will hit you for half of your health if not more.

this game is gay

>kharkov
how the fuck do I play that map? I can't make heads and tails of it whether I'm in a heavy, medium or light

Do you hate fun?

>some tier 9 can hit for 800-1000 hp like a machine gun or do 100mm more pen with gold ammo
The unbalance-progresion is more obvious in there.
In 5-6-7, 6-7-8 and 7-8-9 battles, 7 out of 10 times one of the top tiers owns the game because of they are only 3 and they never see each other for different reasons, like being self aware of being top tier and they break the "meta" or on the other side, players being self aware that "there" is going to be a top tier, the other 3 is a non top tier prem that owns the match because the top ones were lights or arta.
Im not sure, but i think they have enough players to do more battles with 1 tier of difference, even more in higher tiers, i get one of those once each day if much.

Assuming hard flat terrain, which of these two would have the better acceleration?

It's hard to tell. The Ravioli isn't exactly sluggish but considering that STG is just an Obj 416 with a slav meme cannon I'd bet on the STG.

STG because engine power

Terrain resistances are hidden?

Its not perfect, but could help.
youtubemultiplier.com/59b6685cc7648-acceleration-between-ravioli-and-slavtonkgreedy.php
Looks like the STG accelerates a little faster, and the last gear in the ravioli makes the reach for max speed slower becasue of the last gear.

They are not shown or even mentioned in-game, only way to check them is via 3rd party software

I've also been curious about this, Cromwell B should be faster then.

You can see them in the module viewer on console. Thought you lads could do that too somehwere on pc.

I'm pretty sure we cant see the exact terrain resistances on console but I'm willing to admit I'm wrong if we can.

Is the tetrach good?