youtube.com/watch?v=DqtqeESUmi0
youtube.com/watch?v=z2CRzmilvUw
itch.io/jam/agdg-demo-day-16/rate/102580
wafflemeido.deviantart.com/art/FREE-VISUAL-NOVEL-SPRITE-590222724
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

First for more games to DD.

>source
Uh oh.

so anyone doing video reviews or streaming this DD:?

Now when enemies are alerted they shout to alert other nearby enemies.

Shout strength and hearing strength are both taken into account, so there can be enemies that make/hear no sound or an enemy that screams for the whole room to hear when alerted, making it a good idea to sneak through and save them for last.

Also just updated the demo with this, if anyone plays it let me know how it plays out.

>niggerpham took down the archives again
>now he's trying to take down /agdg/
when will it end

>Source

I did some and I will do more tomorrow including my own game
What's your game user
Let a pro player like me at it

>make thread
>include source
>shitpost about how discord is ruining the thread with source
You've done this before, InsaneDan.

gonna play it, haven't played your game yet

@188895929
Lol. Keep mewling that name retard. You are fully owned by a winged insect. :)

Please stop this. The source poster died in halifax when the police got him. This isn't funny anymore.

post cute halloween concept art

heres my spooky cute town what do u think

Thanks, just found out there's a crash on v0.0.990, fixing now 1 sec.

Why do you always do this? Why do you always samefag just to post your dogshit "work" here like it matters? It's just as disgusting to the thread as it always was. You're like that kid who shits his pants and shows it to the class because you're proud of your turd. No one wants to see your "work". It's bad and you should feel bad. We all hope you kill yourself soon before someone from here has to do it for you, you discord-raiding /agdg/-killing piece of australian tranny trash.

Meant to reply to

>yfw no feedback
I worked hard guys, and also most others in this jam. please play games and give feedback

if the cops got him then why is there still source in the thread

hes probably the discord's planted janny and theyre just trying to ruin the threads so ppl will go to discord with them, like rotate did

link nigger

I'm going to play more games when submissions are over. I still have some bugs I need to fix. Keyboards are the bane of my existence.

>DingDong OP
nice

Not just me, I mean in general. I am trying to play other games and give some feedback but most games only have a couple commenters at best

Is your game made in Unity? I only play Unity games.

how many commenters do you expect, man?
There's only like 15 people writing comments for 50 games
Of course it's spread thin

No, why?

>Tfw 29
>neuroplasticity is gonne to learn new skills

>There's only like 15 people writing comments for 50 games
I was hoping that the people that submitted games would be also test and give feedback on others'

eh, you're always gonna have selfish people, especially in gamedev
But from what I get people that comment a lot also get a lot of comments

Unity is the only way to make a game.

Just look at does that look like a game to you? And it's not made on Unity. Coincidence? Doubtful...

Neuroplasticity literally means your brain can be changed for your entire life as opposed to the view that it's set in stone after childhood.

I don't remember my itchio password lol

wtf. this is shit. absolute shit. dont ever post here ever again

Reposting for placeholderdev so he can see what it looks like when a salty bitch without motor skills plays his game for the first time:

youtube.com/watch?v=DqtqeESUmi0

But really I sound a lot saltier and meaner than I wanted to, I really like the game ;_;

pretty sure you already did my game man but thanks

Disgusting.

this is without a doubt a post on Veeky Forums

I've gone through a couple "runs" sort of, here's what I think so far.
Concerning combat, I think the visuals don't read as nicely as they should, it's confusing whenever you are close and you don't necessarily know why you didn't hit/block. To be honest I think just making everyone's sword a little longer could solve that issue (kind of a dumb solution though). Stamina is fine, as well as the "move forward when attacking", it's just surprising the first time around, I expected something more like Zelda.
Frankly I found sneaking to be kind of an useless method, the systems are nice, it works decently, but there's no point where I thought "I should sneak, this part will be easier".
Also the bushes and the ghosts were extremely annoying, I think I died more to them than other enemies.

You gotta leave people some time to think about the demo, people also comment in the thread.

is there a halloween jam or something? I'll doodle up some halloween QTs for people maybe.

More keyboard fixes (and tutorial fixes). Things like shift/control/alt/escape should now work for custom keybinds and the default controls should now just work. If they don't just work you can set the controls to default in the keybind menu or delete the control ini.

I saw it, thanks man. I thought it was pretty funny.

i downloaded them all i just haven't played them yet. also commenting on itch is more of a pain than commenting in this thread.

Well, I tried something this evening, first time touching anything Python-like (Godot).

Not even sure I used stuff like I was supposed to, decent documentation for it wouldn't hurt.

So for now, it loads the script from JSON, which also includes flags to change characters, play sound effects, change backgrounds and emotions of the character.

NICO NOOOOO

thread theme: youtube.com/watch?v=z2CRzmilvUw

pls rate.

>>Bloodworks
>Crashed when trying to open the game, sent a report.
Is this you?

>message:startup
>report:
>loading resources/default.vs resources/default.ps
>shader_error: resources/default.vs ERROR: 0:1: >'' : version '150' is not supported

Can you please try it again with the new file?
(bloodworks_(even_lower_glsl_version).zip

I don't know what to do with glsl versions. I started with 450 (March 2010) which is already old enough. One person crashed, then I reduced it to 150 (August 2009) and now you got a crash too.

Now it uses version 110 (April 2004), but I am not sure if picking such old versions are good thing so I am keeping both.

And here is my page if anyone wants to test!
itch.io/jam/agdg-demo-day-16/rate/102580

There is one other crash report but I can't make no sense of it, there is nothing in it that might cause the crash :(

Did you draw that? It's really cute

post wires/10

Hell no, I've used these.
wafflemeido.deviantart.com/art/FREE-VISUAL-NOVEL-SPRITE-590222724

feels bad
I'm grateful that I learned how to program
but I regret that I didn't learn at least one other thing in my youth

>wafflemeido.deviantart.com/art/FREE-VISUAL-NOVEL-SPRITE-590222724
>free version
>ok it works as a placeholder
>"You can also get this sprite with extra features as seen on the right by being my patreon"
>"Extras depend on how much you pledge per month"

why would anyone pay for this?

Got it, working on it now.

My grandma is learning how to use smartphones

wow ur a fag

>itch.io/jam/agdg-demo-day-16
Working on it senpai, gotta install a fresh copy of windows on my spare drive so your poisoned executables can't copy my data

>making extreme but non-visible progress
it's an abstract kind of feel

And I accidentally uploaded the DD14 instead.

>if you submit a game you have to play the games
I hate this meme

>hastily slap together something until a feature works
>then spend an hour or more rewriting it to make it maintainable, only to finish with the same visual effect
Eh, I guess it's just a rollercoaster of a rush of happiness from getting something to work then a bunch of busywork after that and then repeat

this is a circle of devs and shitposters, shitposters won't play the games so have some decency to at least download 2 or 3 demos that seem "decent enough" in your standards and comment them

is it even worth it to program a visual novel in unity if stuff like Ren'Py exists?

of course, you can add 3d shooting rolling ball minigames then

Well... I used them, as you said, as a placeholder. I mean, one offs with full rights to me would be nice, but I'm pretty sure that's not something you get. Her drawings on Patreon actually look nice.

What about the rush of achieving the same effect in 1/4 the code? And the code is much cleaner and easier to maintain? Thats my favorite part of rework.

>i expect people to give me feedback even though i have no intentions of doing it myself
>waaah why is nobody playing my game

No. If you want players go to /v/ or something.

>start making game
>get some of the way through
>lose interest
>want to start a new game
help

tell me what's your demo so i can avoid it and make sure to never download anything from you ever again because i'm not from /v/

I'm not the one whining about not getting enough feedback, stop projecting

did you finish making all the reusable things like gui and shit?

>go to /v/ or something.
Is there going to be /v/ thread when submissions close? There should be.

>stop projecting
I don't think you know what that word means.

You know that Ren'Py isn't the first VN engine, right?

This is a normal feeling I think.

The only way to get past it is to stay dedicated to your project no matter what. Remember that you can make other games later and store the idea in a folder somewhere.

>talk to friends about making games
>it never happens

are you female? females fucking love to start things and never finish them, so it's probably impossible to overcome

there's a reason very few females, in all of human history mind you, have achieved anything of note

im pretty sure other vn engines qualify for "stuff like renpy"

was just using it as an example. but i was originally going to make vns in unity but it seems like setting up the system might just be unnecessary work.

look I'm trying to get in on the ez waifu dollars of nekopara and sakura spirit.

are you retarded? retards fucking love to pull things out of their ass and say a bunch of stupid shit, so it's probably impossible to stop

there's a reason very few retards, in all of human history mind you, haven't said stupid shit

you never really wanted to make that game. just make prototypes for a while. a lot of them, so you don't waste your time anymore. maybe you'll like one of them enough to stick with it

I think I've finally made it past the tumblr nobody wall into the the not quite nobody pool.

I've gone up like 23 followers this week, and am getting reblogs on shit. And haven't posted in 6 days.

Tumblr fags, is this like a snow ball effect, I know they get to a point where you get followers and shit with out posting? Or does that come later?

>maybe you'll like one of them enough to stick with it
>maybe
been making prototypes for 10 years now

you don't have to finish a game, user. not everyone is going to be a meaningful game developer. just make sure you're having fun

pls rate.

butthurt feminist detected

sorry your gender is shit at everything lmao

I'm a dude tho
You're still a retard tho

name three women who have accomplished anything on the scale of Euclid, Archimedes, Copernicus, Newton, Einstein, Oppenheimer, Hubble, Feynman, etc

Shitty silhouette+pose. Not taking advantage of the fact that this is popeye, and popeye has a lot of good shapes going on to make posing fun.
Shading is ok i guess.
bad colors-- they're too bright and low contrast. everything skin blends together.

2/10, keep trying.

I'm not happy with this
I'm fucking hating attack animations

How many games until your ready to make the jump and make the BIG GAME?

The cloth following the attack looks like shit dude. use it as an opportunity to add secondary motion, it will make the whole thing feel less clunky/static. maybe have it go in the opposite direction or something. doesn't fucking matter as long as it looks cool

>Want to post progress
>No progress was made
>We'll get 'em next time.

>cris thought this pic was worth making a thread on /v/
you're always a good laugh lad

Give the cloth more delay so that it doesn't confuse with the sword

Progress was made today.

>he's still desperately googling after ten minutes

lmao you're as useful as most females are lmao

#rekt

draw everything as stickfigures and clothing/hair/capes etc as chains/ropes to get the motions down first

if you do you should be able to see where your animation went wrong

Mother Teresa, Harriet Tubman, and Aunt Jemima