A devil comes to you and offers you a deal in exchange for your soul. He will become your servant on Earth...

A devil comes to you and offers you a deal in exchange for your soul. He will become your servant on Earth, he will grant everything you wish for. Fame, wealth, knowledge, success, anything that is of this world. But once you die, he takes your soul away to Hell and you will stay there for all of eternity.

Do you seal the pact? And if you do, what do you wish for?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_lK4cX5xGiQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Sure ; Another soul.

>First wish: I want my soul back.

No silly he doesn't take the soul til you're gone. However nothing stops you from asking for another one and giving that one to him then, as the contract only stipulates a soul owned by you.

Satanist here.

Sure.

He can only grant you material things.

Soul is eternal and is not discarded that easily. Soul is the essence of your being, your body is just the carrier of it.

Knowledge isn't material either

>50-60 years of comfort in exchange for an eternity of suffering
Yeah great idea

Assuming you can't trick him and he can't trick you (which he often does in these kind of deals), I don't see the point. Okay, you're going to have all the tendies you want for the next few decades but how does it justify burning for all eternity in a fiery lake?

Can I be the greatest martyr and wish for Satan to never have any effect on heaven or Earth again?

Question, can I summon one without making a pact? Just want to see if it works.

All worldly knowledge is material.
You underestimate how greedy and lustful people are. The whole Deal with the Devil myth serves to represent how far can people go in pursue of worldly pleasures.

Losing your metaphorical soul still only lasts until death. Confirmation that souls are a real thing that exist is a completely different kettle of fish.

Let's assume that there is no metaphorical soul in this case.

This. The Devil appearing and making such an offer is proof that God and Heaven are also real.

No. Even as fucking Fedora-wearing as I can get I'd never knowingly sign a deal with the devil, not for all of King Midas' gold.

Basically

What? Then the what do you mean by "represent how far people can go in pursuit of worldly pleasures"?

>be fedora atheist
>reject the deal
>go to hell anyway

Can I wish for immortality? problem solved he can't get my soul.

Obviously it's a metaphor but we're discussing it as it were real hypothetically in this thread.

Greater Key of Solomon, my homie. Just make sure you got them amulets and sigils and shit made right, and the demon niggers can't touch you.

Satan isn't a bad guy and Lucifer isn't his name.
Fuck off

>you're immortal
>you get to watch everything you love crumble into dust
>you get to watch the Earth die
>you get to watch the sun fizzle out you get ton drift through the blackness of space, freezing, blind, deaf, alone, for all eternity

The Devil will send you to hell one way or another.

Or he could be a cheap obvious bastard and make you immortal but not indestructible, so you can't die of old age, but you get run over by a bus 20 minutes later.

We'll all wind up in hell for some minor sin we've committed in our lifetimes so why not take the deal and enjoy your earthly existence?

I don't see any problem, still not as bad like to be dead and suffer in literal hell under the devil.

I'm greedy, not retarded.

Thou who art undead art chosen

i wish to be a devil and fight the despotic skyking

>devil appears
>offers me a deal
>wtf i hate atheism now
>believe in god now
>go to heaven
>aak god to kill me because I don't want to live forever, suffering or in eternal bliss

>be fedora atheist because of no empirical evidence for god
>the literal devil appears to you convincingly enough that the deal seems legit
>have fair reason to believe in God now
>reject deal
>go to heaven
In this case the devil effectively saved your soul.

If I could make a deal where I go to hell but I don't suffer any type of torture or pain for all eternity, then yea I'd make it.

Granted.
Here is your new uniform.
You can star tomorrow.

If you're still here, do different souls have different worth? How is this worth defined? Like, someone gets 5 years of luck/money/whatever, but another guy gets 10?

Fedorable Devilmaid user-chan magical girl anime influenced by gnostic teaching when?

If the devil was real then God would be real and I would spend every remaining moment of my life being as pious as possible. No worldly thing, no matter how awesome, would be more valuable than even the slightest increase in chances of going to heaven, because heaven is infinite.

People who "believe in God" and do anything but pray are either idiots or phonies.

How sighting the "devil" makes every word in the bible be true?

And in Heaven the good ones will be mocking you eternally.

the devil's trill is my favorite song of all time

youtube.com/watch?v=_lK4cX5xGiQ

Jokes on the Devil, we have 3 souls not 1. We can afford to lose one.

>people in heaven mock those suffering eternal damnation

how did total dickheads get into heaven?

>only believe in god through threat of hell
>never actually unconditionally accept christ into your heart

First wish, I want me soul to go to heaven (if any) after death.

>reading comprehension

It's not the fear of hell that would make user convert, it's the confirmation that the devil and hell exist, and thus God and heaven likely would as well.

I was thinking something along the same lines. Use this as an opportunity to do so much irreversible good that an eternity of suffering is worth it.

and thus any chance of unconditionally accepting christ is removed as well

fact obliterates faith

So those who saw Jesus preform miracles in the flesh were unable to go to heaven as well?

I take my medicine so this never happens.

A gold fiddle and a house in Georgia

'no'

Looks like /x/ is invading Veeky Forums today instead of /pol/

> implying existence is linear
> implying you wouldn't live through samsara for all eternety